Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Best Friends posted:

The only thing that can bring down Trump in the next two years is him being too stupid to realize he can issue pardons.

Fortunately that's entirely possible.

Nah that would definitely be an impeachment brought on by light treason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Best Friends posted:

The only thing that can bring down Trump in the next two years is him being too stupid to realize he can issue pardons.

Fortunately that's entirely possible.

Actually, pardoning his administration/campaign officials would be a kiss of death, since that removes their ability to plead the Fifth Amendment against self-incrimination and forces them to either testify or perjure themselves.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The president just had a stoke mid-tweet or someone literally yanked the phone out of his hand.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/869766994899468288

"Despite the constant negative press covfefe"

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Yesssssssss

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Saw an AP tweet as well that Trump is asking world leaders to hit him up on his cell vs calling the official line.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Trump died on the toilet tonight squeezing one out RIP in piss that's my theory

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Pence walked in mid-tweet and thumped him in the head with the biggest bible in the library of congress.

They're staging the Elvis way out right now.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Trump died on the toilet tonight squeezing one out RIP in piss that's my theory

I wish we could probate trump from Twitter. Maybe we should buy him an account

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Christ I hope that's the case.

Like, having a stroke is one of my biggest fears and I don't think I'd wish it on anybody but if it has to happen to someone well I guess :nsa:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two Finger posted:

I wish we could probate trump from Twitter. Maybe we should buy him an account

I don't want him to be banned from Twitter. I'm waiting for the day he tweets something truly damaging.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

I don't want him to be banned from Twitter. I'm waiting for the day he tweets something truly damaging.

What would that be? In pretty sure at this point he could get away with " well I am surrendering the USA to Russia"

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Tweeting classified material. Tweeting anything that directly causes loss of life. Tweeting dick pics.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Tweeting classified material. Tweeting anything that directly causes loss of life. Tweeting dick pics.

Fox News and the new Republican party will suck it up and defend it.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

"I'm president I can declassify anything so it's not a problem."

HAHA they give zero fucks about people dying who are you kidding?

"He's such a manly man alpha leader CEO deal making strong guy, quit being a liberal snowflake complaining about stuff and let the big tough guy fix things"

Will it work on everyone? No, but people really need to accept that there is a core of support that will justify anything. loving anything. ANYTHING. Not a majority to be sure, but that core is there.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/870004224435924992

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Devin Nunes Status: Still loving ate up with Trump and/or fully compromised by Russians as well. A number of the house intel committee subpoenas that went out today were related to the unmasking republicans keep crying about regarding Trump's people getting exposed.

https://twitter.com/cam_joseph/status/870037221658722306

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mr. Nice! posted:

Devin Nunes Status: Still loving ate up with Trump and/or fully compromised by Russians as well. A number of the house intel committee subpoenas that went out today were related to the unmasking republicans keep crying about regarding Trump's people getting exposed.

https://twitter.com/cam_joseph/status/870037221658722306

That sounds shifty and all but what does that actually mean? He signed off on subpoenas improperly?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
It means he issued dumb partisan subpoenas without informing the rest of his committee at the very least

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pesticide20 posted:

It means he issued dumb partisan subpoenas without informing the rest of his committee at the very least

This is basically it. It's all just like the cries about finding the "leakers." The unmasking, which as Clapper described thoroughly in multiple committee hearings, is basically a specific request from someone to unredact part of an intelligence report that typically just contains US Person 1, US Person 2, etc. There were multiple legitimate intelligence intercepts of Trump's people talking to monitored ruskies. Certain ones of these were requested to be unmasked by senior Obama officials and were then disseminated along with the rest of the trump/russia intel to make sure that this didn't get completely squashed after the change of office. Any requests regarding unmasking are partisan attacks trying to make it appear like Obama admin was specifically targeting/monitoring trump people.

Also god damnit more poo poo like this pops up and I feel like i'm taking crazy pills:

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/870068516615016448

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Good gently caress that hateful little Keebler poo poo elf

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

milk milk lemonade posted:

Good gently caress that hateful little Keebler poo poo elf

I agree, but still loving Sessions, Nunes, Chaffetz, at the very least are all brought down by this bullshit. How many more sitting/former congressmen are loving on the red payroll?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Crazyland speculation, but if true Trump actually met with loving Kislyak along with Sessions and Kushner:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/did-trump-kushner-sessions-have-undisclosed-meeting-russian-n767096

Granted the usual answer to any headline that asks a yes/no question is always no, but still.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

First thing trump did in office was try to ease all the sanctions on Russia (so he could get his 19 billion of russian oil money)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-administrations-secret-efforts-ease-russia-sanctions-fell-short-231301145.html

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Posted here first because I don't know if the intercept is legit or not, but they apparently have released some NSA documents that detail out GRU activity to penetrate voting systems and compromise emails of a number of candidates. Straight up state level attacks. It does not say how much of these attacks were successful.

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/05/top-secret-nsa-report-details-russian-hacking-effort-days-before-2016-election/

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Posted here first because I don't know if the intercept is legit or not, but they apparently have released some NSA documents that detail out GRU activity to penetrate voting systems and compromise emails of a number of candidates. Straight up state level attacks. It does not say how much of these attacks were successful.

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/05/top-secret-nsa-report-details-russian-hacking-effort-days-before-2016-election/

Conspiracy time:

The DEEP STATE wants this info out. Winner is the fall-guy. She gets convicted (confirming the document's authenticity) sentenced to prison and conveniently dies in prison.

A week later, she's sitting on a beach in the Mediterranean with a new name, bank account full, sipping drinks with umbrellas.

:tinfoil:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I'm not hip with all the codewords and dog whistling of the kids these days, is DEEP STATE codeword for The Jews™?

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Mike-o posted:

I'm not hip with all the codewords and dog whistling of the kids these days, is DEEP STATE codeword for The Jews™?

the intelligence community

who is run by The Jews™ (obvs)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I thought it was run by Obama, Soros, Clintons & Co., but my loving god this poo poo moves fast and I rarely pay that much attention to the crazy right.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The DEEP STATE is pretty much the intelligence community and other parts off the executive branch that more or less operate without direct oversight

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
The fun part is the deep state stuff is one of those cases where the more firsthand experience you have with That Type of Work, the less sure you are of whether such a conspiracy is plausible in some wacky way.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
You also have to run "deep state" as it's being used now through bullshit-to-English translation. There is a definition for it but that has as much to do with what Donnie says as my left elbow does with a hundred dollar bill. When Trump says it, it means "anything that stops me from being king of America"

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Mike-o posted:

Pretty much everything that sounds like a conspiratorial codeword means The Jews™.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The DEEP STATE is a real thing too though on top of being yet another way of saying Jews so

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

bird food bathtub posted:

You also have to run "deep state" as it's being used now through bullshit-to-English translation. There is a definition for it but that has as much to do with what Donnie says as my left elbow does with a hundred dollar bill. When Trump says it, it means "anything that stops me from being king of America"

Very excited to see him spend his second term driving around the WH in a rascal scooter with a wire basket full of big macs and wearing a tie-bib hybrid

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I legit hope the next time he tries to wait for a ride instead of walking with other world leaders they make him ride next to him on a rascal scooter

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

The DEEP STATE is a real thing too though on top of being yet another way of saying Jews so

It's a "real" "thing"

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/872199867665440769

A "proposal" for the "wall" to have "solar panels"

Edit: jfc https://twitter.com/PeterSullivan4/status/872204397190590464

quote:

In the meeting at the White House today with Republican Congressional leaders, President Trump spent some time talking up his latest idea for the border wall. According to 3 people with direct knowledge of the meeting, Trump floated the idea that the wall could be covered in solar panels and the electricity generated used to pay for the cost.

Trump said his vision was a wall 40 feet to 50 feet high and covered with solar panels so they'd be "beautiful structures," the people said. The President said that most walls you hear about are 14 feet or 15 feet tall but this would be nothing like those walls. Trump told the lawmakers they could talk about the solar-paneled wall as long as they said it was his idea. One person cautioned that the President wasn't presenting the solar-paneled wall as the definite solution.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jun 6, 2017

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
He's such a pissbaby bitch lmao

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
In 2050, there's going to be some high ranking political leader who says "Thanks to the United States in the first half of the 21st century for showing the world how to make people complicit in their own takeover."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Trump being president is what will lead us to the events of Decker: Unclassified on adult swim.

• Locked thread