Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nettles Coterie
Dec 24, 2008

Play in the Dark, lest the Heat catch you standing still
I'm trying to re-watch a series on Netflix, but every time another episode starts, it continues from where I left off the last time I saw that episode, which of course is in the end credits. This is INFURIATING. If the last time I was watching that episode was 2+ years ago AND I'm going to it from the episode immediately before, why would I ever want to resume from that spot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Nettles Coterie posted:

I'm trying to re-watch a series on Netflix, but every time another episode starts, it continues from where I left off the last time I saw that episode, which of course is in the end credits. This is INFURIATING. If the last time I was watching that episode was 2+ years ago AND I'm going to it from the episode immediately before, why would I ever want to resume from that spot?

I hate this too. There really needs to be a time limit after which it stops doing that, or even better a "forget viewing history" button for a show/movie.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Where I live, people's excuse for this is "well if I let them know I want to come over, they won't let me in!"

In some places this is actually true. Sometimes I swear people here in Denver are much more concerned with loving everyone else over much more than they are with getting to their destination.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

People who try to talk to you in the bathroom. Sidling up to the urinal next to me and talking about work isn't appropriate. Ask me when we both don't have our dick in our hands.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

yeah I eat rear end posted:

People who try to talk to you in the bathroom. Sidling up to the urinal next to me and talking about work isn't appropriate. Ask me when we both don't have our dick in our hands.

This.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

These people are at least 50% more likely to not wash their hands

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game

...or even better a "forget viewing history" button for a show/movie.
You can manually remove viewing history from a series on the website. If you remove one episode it'll pop up a message asking if you want to remove the whole series.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I really hate driving the 401 because the speed limits are so ludicrously low that everyone is speeding, always, by 20+ over. You're basically at the mercy of the cops at that point, not that they're usually dicks but well, cops.

And the chunk that goes through the GTA is literally the busiest highway in North America.

That always blows my loving mind.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Just piss directly into their faces

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
People lingering near/walking past my desk, repeatedly or for long periods.

Ridiculous, I know, but I have PTSD from this one fidgety fucker who'd pass behind me about 50-60 times a day (he sits somewhere else now).

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Bamabalacha posted:

And the chunk that goes through the GTA is literally the busiest highway in North America.

That always blows my loving mind.

Driving from Michigan to Kingston is the worst driving experience of my life bar none, and I've had to piss in a bottle from behind the wheel while stuck in the interstate in NYC. If you're not going to the GTA it's absolutely worth it to detour all the way through Ohio, Pennsylvania, and NY state to get to Prince Edward County or anywhere due east from there. Roughly the same drive time but way less traffic and better scenery.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 19:08 on Jun 29, 2017

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

For some reason the new girl at work doesn't seem to believe me that covering the deli is her job, and that I'm just helping out by serving people when she's busy. So, if I'm busy and she's not and there's a customer who wants something from the deli, she should be the one doing it. And yet she got annoyed a couple times this week for me asking "hey can you help this lady on deli?" when she's talking to a coworker or, like, peeling carrots and I'm in the middle of my actual, gotta-get-done-by-shift's-end work. And then when I asked her what the hostility is about, it's literally her job, she got all sullen and angry towards me, asking why I don't just do it if I notice someone. I'm like, uh, just because I'm working near the deli doesn't mean I'm the deli guy, I can just do it if I have to; I also work across from the dish pit but I'm not about to do her dishes for her.

Oh, and another more general peeve: People who say "no, but" to practically every contribution you make to a conversation. I don't know if it's a language tic or something, but god drat does it feel dismissive. "Anyways" does this too.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Are you the manager? Tell her if she doesn't start doing her job she'll lose it. If not, tell whoever the manager is that she needs clarification of what she's being paid to do.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Are you the manager? Tell her if she doesn't start doing her job she'll lose it. If not, tell whoever the manager is that she needs clarification of what she's being paid to do.

Yeah, if it keeps up I'm taking it to our department supervisor. It's weird because I know she was trained on this stuff, so she's probably one of those people who just gets pissed off when you... make them do things?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

Oh, and another more general peeve: People who say "no, but" to practically every contribution you make to a conversation. I don't know if it's a language tic or something, but god drat does it feel dismissive.

Yep. I don't like this. Similarly, sometimes people will respond to a yes/no question or something that they agree with by saying a "No, yeah, totally"-like response.

You actually just replied with a no first (since maybe your first instinct is just to shoot someone's response down??) but then affirmed it?? wtf.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

When someone says "X hung themselves" instead of "hanged". Unfortunately I am not socially divorced enough to correct people so I still have a lot of work to put in :shobon:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Gym peeve of today: free-standing rack of weights, basically a stand with pegs coming off it like waist-high metal christmas tree. 2.5s and 5s on the top, two pegs full of 45lbs on the bottom, mid weights in between, nice and balanced. Today there was one 45lb plate on one bottom peg and 5 or more on the other bottom peg. Douchebag McLargehuge bald guy comes over and takes the one 45 left on the one side, watches as the stand visibly teeters, then walks off, and surprising absolutely no one this causes the stand to careen over and spill weights, including a 45 onto my shin while I'm mid-set. gently caress you, dude. Keep the poo poo balanced!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
^^gym peeves: guys who don't put clips on the ends of the bars when they're benching/squatting/whatever. Why? Just, WHY?! And the dudes who just spend 2 hours talking to their buddies but take up machines or weights at the same time; like, they'll do two reps, talk for 5 minutes, do two more, etc. Then there's the morons who don't do things properly, like they do reps super fast and with a super high weight. That's how you're going to get hurt, you idiot. And of course the losers who are taking selfies. "I'm at the #gym I'm so #cool #strong #sexy" gently caress these guys as well, get off the machine I need to use.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Last Chance posted:

Yep. I don't like this. Similarly, sometimes people will respond to a yes/no question or something that they agree with by saying a "No, yeah, totally"-like response.

You actually just replied with a no first (since maybe your first instinct is just to shoot someone's response down??) but then affirmed it?? wtf.
Yeah, nah, nah, nah, nah, yeah, nah, it's just a thing some people do, it doesn't mean anything. I had a phone conversation once where I was asking a series of yes/no questions and the guy responded to each one that way, forcing me to ask him to clarify every single answer because I could never be sure which answer he'd eventually settled on. Usually people who do it limit it, in most cases, to three answers and the third one is the real one.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Another podcast kvetch: podcasts who are able to 'upgrade' old episodes to include whatever New Thing They Need To Advertise, or Event Of The Moment. Okay, feel free to advertise the Premature Assimilation Tour on the latest episode, fine. I don't need to hear it about an episode that was recorded years before.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's just creepy. I remember I first listened to Serial and it had constant ads for some service called Mail Chimp. I re-downloaded a couple episodes later and the ads were changed to the Steve Jobs movie starring Michael Fassbender.

I miss those mail chimp ads

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The shitheads I've complained about zipping around the streets of my town in golf carts while ignoring all traffic laws and almost getting pulverized at every intersection? Now they've started cutting the mufflers off too.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Sociopastry posted:

it's even worse on recorded videos, IMO. you can edit all that poo poo out! No one gives a good goddamn gently caress about the loving sliders, just edit that part out and play the game

Counterpoint: Monster Factory

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

Counterpoint: Monster Factory

This is the only exception.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
People who say "pop." poo poo just sounds so dumb. Call it soda, call it coke, idgaf, just not "pop".

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

People who say "pop." poo poo just sounds so dumb. Call it soda, call it coke, idgaf, just not "pop".

My pet peeve is the genetic term at all. It's only a problem when I do one of those surveys about local language color, but I don't call them pop or soda or coke or 'soft drink'.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Driving from Michigan to Kingston is the worst driving experience of my life bar none, and I've had to piss in a bottle from behind the wheel while stuck in the interstate in NYC. If you're not going to the GTA it's absolutely worth it to detour all the way through Ohio, Pennsylvania, and NY state to get to Prince Edward County or anywhere due east from there. Roughly the same drive time but way less traffic and better scenery.

We're driving up to my boyfriend's family cottage in the morning and a huge chunk of the journey is on 400 series highways. And it's Canada Day.

I think every driver will be entering some kind of thunderdome murder brawl en mass.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

Thin Privilege posted:

^^gym peeves: guys who don't put clips on the ends of the bars when they're benching/squatting/whatever. Why? Just, WHY?! And the dudes who just spend 2 hours talking to their buddies but take up machines or weights at the same time; like, they'll do two reps, talk for 5 minutes, do two more, etc. Then there's the morons who don't do things properly, like they do reps super fast and with a super high weight. That's how you're going to get hurt, you idiot. And of course the losers who are taking selfies. "I'm at the #gym I'm so #cool #strong #sexy" gently caress these guys as well, get off the machine I need to use.

The opposite and equally annoying situation involves idiots that use the clips on the isometric squat machine or anything else that isn't a free weight. I want to face-palm every time I see this. The clips are a scarce/precious resource.

In regards to "no, but..."

My wife often times says, "yeah, that's what I'm saying," when I agree with her by rehashing what she said and relating a similar experience. Sometimes it doesn't bother me at all. Other times, I want to scream, "I know that's what you're saying! I'm loving agreeing with you!" It's just a habit she picked up somewhere, but it's pretty annoying because she makes me feel like I'm some idiot who missed the point entirely.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Bamabalacha posted:

We're driving up to my boyfriend's family cottage in the morning and a huge chunk of the journey is on 400 series highways. And it's Canada Day.

I think every driver will be entering some kind of thunderdome murder brawl en mass.

Best Canada/fourth days I ever had was 2015. We spent both nights hanging out at the Thousand Islands international border bridge watching the binational fireworks, then as soon as we were back past the Ontario border check everyone in the car cracked beers from the trunk while I drove us back to Kingston. Then I caught up, of course. No loving with any traffic or strangers, just friends, fun, and the one place people don't go on National Day of Choice.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Best Canada/fourth days I ever had was 2015. We spent both nights hanging out at the Thousand Islands international border bridge watching the binational fireworks, then as soon as we were back past the Ontario border check everyone in the car cracked beers from the trunk while I drove us back to Kingston. Then I caught up, of course. No loving with any traffic or strangers, just friends, fun, and the one place people don't go on National Day of Choice.

I got a text from my boyfriend's brother's girlfriend about 30 minutes ago saying that they'd been stuck in traffic for five hours and that there are cops planted everywhere, so I'm reeeeeeaaaaaalllllyyyyy glad we're leaving in the morning lol.

God drat Ontario.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Its almost July 4th here in America and I cant wait to gorge myself on beast flesh. But what if it rains and no fireworks? That would suck. This hypothetical scenario is my pet peeve.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

My pet peeve is the genetic term at all. It's only a problem when I do one of those surveys about local language color, but I don't call them pop or soda or coke or 'soft drink'.
So what do you say if you want to refer to that type of drink? Non-alcoholic carbonated beverages?

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

It's almost the fourth so that means all my dumbass neighbors are going to be shooting off fireworks at all hours of the day and night for like two weeks. I get it, we're rednecks, but cut out that drat racket. It's the middle of the dang city.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Tiggum posted:

So what do you say if you want to refer to that type of drink? Non-alcoholic carbonated beverages?

He probably just goes by brand name. I do.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Tiggum posted:

Usually I just go by "drink" or the brand names.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 09:21 on Jul 1, 2017

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

People posting links to the mobile version of a site. Really the fault of the website they're linking to though, as it should show the correct version for whatever you're using without having to have separate URLs.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

That's what people around here call it. I call it "soda".

My pet peeve, which I mentioned in another thread, is the fact that there are very few people around here that wear helmets when they ride their motorcycles. They don't really dress for it either. Every few years Iowa attempts to put some kind of helmet law on the ballots but they are always voted down in a "I don't want the government to tell me what to do" kind of way. Sure, helmets are irritating to lug around and probably to wear as well but it's better than having your brains all over the asphalt. There are quite a few preventable deaths in the town I live in where helmets would have helped.

Not to mention we live on a street that is very popular for bikers to speed down, so I get to hear that noise often. Speaking of noise, Iowa also just passed a law allowing fireworks to be sold here (before many people drove to Eagleville in Missouri to buy fireworks that weren't sparklers and poo poo). I don't mind fireworks on the 4th but it's irritating a week before and a week after.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

When I lived in Texas, they called all soda/pop "Coke." As in, "I'll have a coke." "What kind?" "Root Beer."

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
I have exchanges fairly often with my boyfriend that go a little something like this:

:downs: : "Wait, so she went on paternity leave--"
:confused: : "Maternity leave."
:downs: : "That's what I said."
:confused: : "No, you said paternity."
:downs: : "I know what I said."

It's not just him that does it, but you can't gaslight people into thinking you're not dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The problem there is not being willing to admit to a small meaningless mistake, I doubt it's some thought-out "gaslighting" scheme.