Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
The more I think about liquid gravity the funnier it becomes.

Especially with the persistent rumours that there's secretly CryEngine water everywhere in the Star Citizen space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

In Star Citizen, everyone is the clown :ssh:

I feel something...

yup, it's grief.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Can I get my skeleton replaced with liquid gravity?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Chris Roberts lecture on liquid gravity

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

MilesK posted:

Can I get my skeleton replaced with liquid gravity?

The worst kind of gravity

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Lladre posted:

No one mentioned this?

Flare guns. In Space!

Cause you know, it's a small universe out there.

Citizen1 "Where are you in-system?"

Citizen2 "On this planet, I'll fire off a flare!"

Citizen1 "You idiot, how will I see that from many millions of km away? Drop a locator-beacon"

Citizen2 "Will do"

Citizen1 "Ok, I'm closing on your location, with a few km now"

Citizen2 "I'll fire off a flare!"

Citizen1 "Why you idiot?! The locator-beacon tells me exactly where you are"

Citizen2 "So what are these flares for?"

Citizen1 "Another stupid item we had to pledge $$$ for"

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
I used to think that liquid gravity was great, but now i prefer powder. Its easier to brush on and also its better for my oily space skin

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Lladre posted:

No one mentioned this?

Flare guns. In Space!

Cause you know, it's a small universe out there.

Ah yes. Big and chucky, especially the grip, which you definitely need because it's not magazine-loaded. And no accident has ever happened because of a bad grip in a zero-g environment.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Ben Lesnick, Negotiator and Master of Ships, submitted the idea for liquid gravy.

Gravity was the compromise.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Quavers posted:

Citizen1 "Where are you in-system?"

Citizen2 "On this planet, I'll fire off a flare!"

Citizen1 "You idiot, how will I see that from many millions of km away? Drop a locator-beacon"

Citizen2 "Will do"

Citizen1 "Ok, I'm closing on your location, with a few km now"

Citizen2 "I'll fire off a flare!"

Citizen1 "Why you idiot?! The locator-beacon tells me exactly where you are"

Citizen2 "So what are these flares for?"

Citizen1 "Another stupid item we had to pledge $$$ for"

Maybe theres a beacon IN the flare?

** shoots flare-beacon into space **

** flare-beacon zooms away from commando and into the infinite darkness of space at 200 meters per second **

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Imagine firing a flare in space and then just sitting there thinking 'any time now a rescue ship is sure to come as I have done everything I can, I will now sit and wait'

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Oh boy, detailed renders of weapon models. That sure is a thing that got me excited for Quake 2/Half-Life mods 18 years ago.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

Imagine firing a flare in space and then just sitting there thinking 'any time now a rescue ship is sure to come as I have done everything I can, I will now sit and wait'

i'm imagining a commando pulling out a deck of cards and trying to play a game of solitare while floating in space

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Day 30
Rescue ship still not arrived.
Moral is good as I fired a flare and feel satisfied that I have made every possible attempt at prompting a swift rescue mission
Food running low but I am content in the knowledge that help is surely on the way

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Nicholas posted:

i'm imagining a commando pulling out a deck of cards and trying to play a game of solitare while floating in space

Every single card jitters off wildly into space

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

eXXon posted:

Oh boy, detailed renders of weapon models. That sure is a thing that got me excited for Quake 2/Half-Life mods 18 years ago.

Star Citizen is like Skyrim except only the loading screens.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

Every single card jitters off wildly into space

thats cause the deck got wet and now they are covered in gravity

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

poo poo, we've just thought more about the flare gun's pointlessness in 10 minutes than CIG has ever done.

I'm shocked.

Shocked!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Idiots. The flare guns are for when you're star marining around and want to signal your buddy

Even though you both have huds in your visor displaying exactly where everyone is

mrchinchin25
Apr 14, 2012

Dat BDSSE
We all know in Star Citizen you'll fire the flare and due to the greatest physics system in the verse you'll be following the flare into space

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
It's subscriber flare :v:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Don't you remember that a ship's headlight basically has no maximum effective range in this thing, and lights up entire asteroid belts?

A flare would make night turn day, and everyone will be looking for the fucker who did it.

mrchinchin25
Apr 14, 2012

Dat BDSSE

I'll quite happily travel up to Wilmslow and see the Manc studio. My criteria is -

- I get to play Star Citizen and land a ship from space onto Gaymar or whatever its called
- I get to play a vertical slice of SQ42
- I get to eat a vertical slice of cake
- Any NDA is null and void as I will sign using a fake signature

If all 4 of these criterions are met, then I will purchase Star Citizen immediately after, buying into the expensive ~40 pounds package or whatever it costs now I don't care

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

If you think about it, "gravplating" is a really great way to explain the fact that they haven't modeled gravity at all and if you get a certain distance off the floor you're just in "zero g" for no discernable reason.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
After all this years it still amaze me the degree of narcissism to making the webpage and an in game company named, Roberts Space Industries.

Shame he can't suck his own dick, if that'd be the case he woudn't have time to pitch SC on the first place.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
RemindMe! June 30, 2017

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Let's face it, the reason they want gravity to be a liquid that can be pumped around a ship isn't because of sound science or any thought out process. It allows Chris to add a bunch of pumps and pipes and greebles to all the ships to make them look more science fiction-y. Like all of his decisions, aesthetics are number one.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
It me, the guy who claims he only has a freebie package without attributing a name to the package.

Well shucks mister, I too have a completionist package, just look at my JPG with no identifiable information!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
How does Derek have ducklips, or is that supposed to be secretly racist?

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Ignorance on the rules of product management doesn't grant you immunity.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

How does Derek have ducklips, or is that supposed to be secretly racist?

They like to fantasize that he looks like this at all times.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I think the utter stupidity and nastiness of what those dudes keep writing kind of makes me like Derek Smart better despite his little quirks

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

The well of new pledgers and/or free accounts is drying up...
  • 1H2014: $11,838,147 pledged and 145,210 new Citizens (2014: $32,933,205 and 361,200)
  • 1H2015: $16,055,646 pledged and 210,197 new Citizens (2015: $35,961,202 and 433,453)
  • 1H2016: $12,400,064 pledged and 264,240 new Citizens (2016: $36,100,538 and 565,120)
  • 1H2017: $12,669,915 pledged and 129,036 new Citizens
(from the Funding Spreadsheet)

:ohdear:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

If RSI is in such dire need of money why haven't they made a discount capital ship? Or a Javelin variant MkIV? Too risky?

A question I'd like to hear Derek answer on youtube today.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Quavers posted:

The well of new pledgers and/or free accounts is drying up...
  • 1H2017: $12,669,915 pledged and 129,036 new Citizens
(from the Funding Spreadsheet)

:ohdear:

Still way too many to be suckered in at this point.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

He said there were two things that would come out in 2016. As in two things he actually committed to. One was Spectrum, and the other was a new patcher. Neither made it.

"Commited to" is not a promise you cuntiflas, learn logic and English before you continue to spread FUD like the good Derek toadie you are. You're dismissed.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

ConCitizens first wave of tickets sold out in 10 seconds

https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15961-CitizenCon-Tickets-Announcement

"There will be snack food available for purchase at the venue, though attendees are encouraged to meet up and enjoy a meal together before the event."

"There is a bar at the venue for drinks, as well as snack food (sandwiches, wurst and pizza)."

"Can I bring my own food and drink? No, this is not allowed for the venue – Please stop by one of the traditional German restaurants nearby before the event, or purchase food and drinks at Capitol."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

Makes sense. If the other poster was correct that they wanted to model hydrodynamics, then the little umbrella floating around in liquid would make sense. Hope they serialized this poo poo.

To add to this I remember I thought they had hired a liquid dynamics programmer around the time between the mix master and the showroom floor bit. They were touting it as realistic champagne pouring physics or some such. Naturally the show room never appeared, and I recall the physics guy leaving not much later.