Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

A team that's like 35-47 is going to make the playoffs next season and it's going to own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the exile of talent to the East will be quickly made up when the Bulls are propelled by their new Three Alphas Kris Dunn, Cameron Payne, and Cristiano Felicio

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Paul Zuvella posted:

Man people are going to be really disappointed when their 2nd and 3rd most important players play like rookies.

If Embiid stays healthy, the 76ers could be a .500 team with last year's roster. I think Simmons and Fultz are improvements.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/881162950785892354

PLEASE SOMEONE NOT MY FAVORITE TEAM GET OWNED

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/chicagobulls/status/880912210913972224

:laffo:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

R.D. Mangles posted:

looking forward to russ subtlety implying how much more he enjoys playing with PG than Durant for the entirety of next sesason

Canon.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

EvanTH posted:

Hah you think Curry was threatening to leave if he didn't get max?

They talked Durant (a younger, far, far better player than Curry) out of a max, but can't get Steph to agree not wreck the team?

Durant's contract comes out of cap space, Curry's will be after everything is done and not affect the other contracts at all. Sort of the point of bird rights. Curry taking a pay cut doesn't help the team but Durant does.

Curry's contract bumps the tax burden but who cares? They are in the tax regardless.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the only thing that would be funnier for the bulls this offseason is if zach lavine dumps his agent and signs with Reggie Rose

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Whiteside trying to recruit Hayward is lowkey hilarious when you remember the Whiteside/Gobert feud. This offseason has been so insane that this is a minor footnote.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/status/881169734875709440

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

The Oladipo contract was one of Presti's huge mistakes, and just getting out of that makes the trade worth it. I'm also more of a Westbrook fan than a Thunder fan at this point, so if the worst case end result is him and George bonding and taking off to LA then I'll follow.

Agreed about Oladipo, I could not fathom that. Imo, Indy wanted Sabonis in a rebuild, and were ok with Oladipo and his lovely contract. I don't disagree with the obvious that the all-star went to OKC, but I don't think they're garbage either. For a year of a disgruntled Paul George leaving them empty handed, I think Indy did ok. They've accepted it's time to rebuild.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Mr. Mambold posted:

Agreed about Oladipo, I could not fathom that. Imo, Indy wanted Sabonis in a rebuild, and were ok with Oladipo and his lovely contract. I don't disagree with the obvious that the all-star went to OKC, but I don't think they're garbage either. For a year of a disgruntled Paul George leaving them empty handed, I think Indy did ok. They've accepted it's time to rebuild.

Indy took a terrible offer because they wanted PG out west, actually. They 100% could have done better!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Miami is rolling out the red carpet

https://twitter.com/donthatetheh3at/status/881164354485460992

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
So if the new look OKC and Rockets meet in the finals this year, who wins? The series was, overall, pretty close when it came down to it.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

haha putting up a Riley picture instead of Wade, LeBron or Bosh

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

EvanTH posted:

haha putting up a Riley picture instead of Wade, LeBron or Bosh
Uh

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

quote:

Dunleavy, 36, becomes an unrestricted free agent and is said to be drawing interest from the Minnesota Timberwolves, San Antonio Spurs and Los Angeles Clippers.
seriously, how's it goink

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Indy took a terrible offer because they wanted PG out west, actually. They 100% could have done better!

Sure, Danny, ok whatever.

edit

Metapod posted:

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

Yes. They need backup guard though

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/mikewiseguy/status/881171086699884548

that is uh not a good look if the owners were ready to pull the trigger on that deal

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

dokmo posted:

I am still totally confused as to the Paul George deal. Regardless of what Boston offered, there was at least one other deal offered that was much, much better than what OKC offered. And if the intention was to get him out of the Eastern Conference, I know of at least one offer from a Western Conference team that involved picks and didn't involve Oladipo's terrible contact. I cannot get my head around this.

This is what i'm hearing everywhere so your post just confirms it.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I have no idea why a rebuilding team would care about where anyone ends up.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/881174360043794432

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

After how every wing player put up amazing stats on the Heat last year Heyward will be a monster over there

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Panzeh posted:

Because gently caress boston

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Makes sense, considering the last few deals outside of the Butler to Wolves thing being out of nowhere teams

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Mr. Mambold posted:

Sure, Danny, ok whatever

That's pretty funny and original

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Panzeh posted:

spite

Carlosologist posted:

https://twitter.com/mikewiseguy/status/881171086699884548

that is uh not a good look if the owners were ready to pull the trigger on that deal

There is no way Stan Kroneke cares that much about anything the non-Rams teams he owns

Is Double Dion gonna re-up with the Heat

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Freon Dion is going home and getting paid

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

That's pretty funny and original

You do know I get a senior discount on funny and original right? Life is absurd, friend. Embrace the absurd.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Carlosologist posted:

I'd give Dion the one year max

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Mr. Mambold posted:

You do know I get a senior discount on funny and original right? Life is absurd, friend. Embrace the absurd.

You're an original, a classic. That's what I meant. Bitch.

Carlosologist posted:

That would be great

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

You're an original, a classic. That's what I meant. Bitch.

That would be great

I ain't your bitch. Chief.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Mr. Mambold posted:

I ain't your bitch. Chief.

I am your chief. Thank you. It's about time somebody acknowledged it.

That Jrue Holiday contract makes a lot more sense than the speculated one last night, I no longer feel terrible for my friend Kibner.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

That Jrue deal is really bad

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
But hey, OKC got another guy to stand in the corner while Russ pounds out the shot clock where the media will complain about their passiveness.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

That Jrue deal is really bad

I wouldn't sign him to a long term deal either but they didn't have much choice and it's 50 million less than was originally being reported so hey

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Panzeh posted:

But hey, OKC got another guy to stand in the corner while Russ pounds out the shot clock where the media will complain about their passiveness.

Do you spend all your waking hours filled with seething hatred of Russell Westbrook?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

PG is at his best when he shoots off of screens. In the few moments that the Pacers had a cohesive offense that got him those shots, he was amazing. Russ was already one of my fave players so the two of them should be a great pair in OKC and it's somewhat of a silver lining to having an org that is dumb from top to bottom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Steph was already underpaid, plus he brought 2 titles to our previously lovely rear end team. Guy deserves it.

• Locked thread