Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nyaa posted:

The grind will end when the event shop and da vinci shop are out.

Because people will take one look at the costs and quit the game immediately?

----

edit: Who's the better damage dealer for an Arts team, Robin Hood or Emiya?

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jul 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

Because people will take one look at the costs and quit the game immediately?

----

edit: Who's the better damage dealer for an Arts team, Robin Hood or Emiya?

Emiya will hurt everyone consistently and plays well with others. Robin will utterly nuke one enemy whenever his NP comes up, if you can stack debuffs on the target.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Trihugger posted:

Today's EXP quest is Archer and Caster. Martha should be able to get you through a lot of it on her own. You can try to find a Liz or Marie Antoinette from friend's list and that should be enough to get you through today's 40 AP quest. I've been running Martha lvl47/Waver lvl36/Support Marie lvl50.

This post pushed me into trying the AP 40 dailies again and sure enough, I was able to do it with a lvl 40 Martha, a lvl 25 Hercules and a lvl 60 Jeanne support. After going through dozens of them I got Hercules to 40, (Sadly I'm missing one monument to ascend him.) and Waver from 25 all the way to 55. Now he can actually contribute more damage than Martha!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh thank god finally ascended Herc, now to try that 40AP.

Is there a quick and easy guide/wiki for what happens to a skill when it improves? Trying to debate between Guts and Protection From Arrows for Cu.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The most important thing is that at levels 5 and 10 the cooldown is reduced by 1 turn each.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Pureauthor posted:

The most important thing is that at levels 5 and 10 the cooldown is reduced by 1 turn each.
Does the level up for those types of skills not doing anything until then, then? Since the only other thing that could be different is how long the effects last.

E: vvv Thanks, I really should just google poo poo before asking because yeah it was in the exact place you'd expect.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jul 1, 2017

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Oh thank god finally ascended Herc, now to try that 40AP.

Is there a quick and easy guide/wiki for what happens to a skill when it improves? Trying to debate between Guts and Protection From Arrows for Cu.

The servant's page on Cirnopedia will tell you exactly what changes at each level.

edit: In Cu's case Guts comes back with more health, Protection adds more defence.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jul 1, 2017

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Does the level up for those types of skills not doing anything until then, then? Since the only other thing that could be different is how long the effects last.

FGO Wiki is your friend, unless you want to avoid spoilers: http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Heracles

Cooldown reduces at 6 and 10, not 5. Heracles's 1st skill gets 2.1% more attack and debuff resist per level, and his second gets 1.8% more crit damage per level. I don't think any dodge effect improves with skill upgrade (besides cooldown)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

There's also http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/servant_all.php#nav

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

AfroSquirrel posted:

I don't think any dodge effect improves with skill upgrade (besides cooldown)

It seems like they try to make levels do something on almost every skill, though. Which is presumably why Evade skills tend to have some trivial secondary effect like increased defence against the attacks that aren't hitting you.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Trihugger posted:

Today's EXP quest is Archer and Caster. Martha should be able to get you through a lot of it on her own. You can try to find a Liz or Marie Antoinette from friend's list and that should be enough to get you through today's 40 AP quest. I've been running Martha lvl47/Waver lvl36/Support Marie lvl50.

It's really silly how a level 25 Georgios can easily survive the 40 AP quest, wow.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's what George does and it's why you feed him exp

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
OK I clearly need to figure out this Herc/George strategy better, because George/Mash were gone round 1 and Herc couldn't make it through round 2. But thanks to Cu and Protection From Arrows round 3 was a breeze. That dude is pretty great!!

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Nate RFB posted:

OK I clearly need to figure out this Herc/George strategy better, because George/Mash were gone round 1 and Herc couldn't make it through round 2. But thanks to Cu and Protection From Arrows round 3 was a breeze. That dude is pretty great!!

I have you on my friendlist assuming your IGN is the same name. Use my Waver IGN Bill, LV60 Waver.

Your team comp should be, Jeanne/ Cu Chulain/ My:Waver // Reserve is Herc.

No one on the front line should die, so you can easily grind your way to victory in 10- 13 turns, just be sure to bank NP for Jeanne as the Archer hands charge NP in 3 turns.
I use the same team except I borrow a friends Jeanne(LV50) for low risk grinding.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wonder if we'll get any useful news from AnimeExpo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder if we'll get any useful news from AnimeExpo.
probably when the first event will be, at the very least.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
When can I get new outfits for the player character?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

New Leaf posted:

When can I get new outfits for the player character?
Ascension unlock. There was plan to use quartz purchase to unlock cloth, but then the dev decided to make an 'alt' servant of that character in different classes instead.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

uh, player character, he said.

Eventually some quests will be added to unlock new Mystic Codes for Gudao/Gudako. Also, some events give them. I think the first one to be added will be the suit from the Fate/Zero event. You can see a list of them and their skills http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/master.php#nav here.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I apparently did Hercules' sidequest. What did that do?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

I apparently did Hercules' sidequest. What did that do?
Some characters get new skills, skill upgrades, or upgrades to their NPs from their interludes. Some of them are just plot quests that spit out a quartz. You can tell which are which on the menu screen because if they have a gameplay reward besides a quartz, it'll cycle through an icon for that and the quartz icon, while others will just stay a quartz.

Herc's just spits out a quartz and doesn't buff him.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

e: fug
e2: but yeah, for example emiya's second interlude here
http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/servant_profile.php?servant=011#interlude
has the icon that indicates an NP buff

Motto fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 1, 2017

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I've finally started on Orleans and am planning on getting through Septem today. I may have overleveled a tiny bit. I forgot how squishy enemies with <3000 HP were.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

EzEight posted:

I have you on my friendlist assuming your IGN is the same name. Use my Waver IGN Bill, LV60 Waver.

Your team comp should be, Jeanne/ Cu Chulain/ My:Waver // Reserve is Herc.

No one on the front line should die, so you can easily grind your way to victory in 10- 13 turns, just be sure to bank NP for Jeanne as the Archer hands charge NP in 3 turns.
I use the same team except I borrow a friends Jeanne(LV50) for low risk grinding.
Once my AP recharges I'll give that a try too. I was previously using Raenir Salazar's level 70(!!) Jeanne, but who knows how frequently I'll be able to do that so I'd imagine the more strategies/setups you can figure out to get through the 40AP the better.

Raften
May 20, 2007
Cognates! They stay crunchy, even in milk!
Are there ways to farm class pieces yet? I want to start ascending some people but unfortunately I only have 5 of some pieces and if I ever want to level Jeanne I need all of them for her.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Raften posted:

Are there ways to farm class pieces yet? I want to start ascending some people but unfortunately I only have 5 of some pieces and if I ever want to level Jeanne I need all of them for her.

The Green Dailies when you fight Servants instead of monsters (Monsters give skill gems).

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Some servant's interlude also give up mats that is not available/farmable in game yet.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Apparently Georgio is not so good when the rng decides double berserker/Archer for the last two waves

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

news from anime expo:

They had three translators total, lol.
Will be rewriting Fuyuki and patching up Orleans, as well as all the menus and such.
No change to Altria.
Still fuzzy on when you'll get to pick the 4*.
News on events coming soon.
They're in talks about NA-specific events.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Endorph posted:

news from anime expo:

Will be rewriting Fuyuki and patching up Orleans, as well as all the menus and such.
No change to Altria.

I want to basically try to forgive them but jesus christ the widespread mistakes are pretty bad and I hope early indications are good that they're willing to put in more investment.

Altria is still stupid and basically no fan in the west thinks this is a good idea, is there really no way they can sit down with Type-Moon and explain the situation and what the audience expects?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

They've absolutely already done that. There is no way they didn't say 'Look, Fate/Extella already used Artoria.' but they have no negotiating power and if they kick up too much of a stink about it all they'd get is fired. If people keep bitching about it on social media forever then maybe but odds are we're just stuck with Altria. Get used to it.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Which daily dungeon drops gems?

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

The green ones, but the droprate is dog balls.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Hello thread, a friend got me into this game and I gotta say it's pretty great for a gacha game. I'll be trying my damnedest to not whale either. I'd like to share with y'all some of my favorite moments of any game: bugs.

http://imgur.com/6R0rB2R

Also :

http://imgur.com/6R0rB2R
:negative:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Anyone else thinks the def up tip is worded weirdly? To paraphrase:

"A negative adjustment is done to the attacker's attack stat"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Anyone else thinks the def up tip is worded weirdly? To paraphrase:

"A negative adjustment is done to the attacker's attack stat"
To be fair, that's technically how 'defense' works in this game, since there's no actual defense stat, but yeah it's worded very weirdly.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Endorph posted:

news from anime expo:

No change to Altria.

NA-specific event would be... holidays, I guess? Like thanksgiving or easter or whatever? Or maybe an event with NA-historical characters, like I dunno instead of the Shinsegumi it's the Civil War or Lous Riel or the Sitting Bull or...

Edit: I maintain that they should make Mark Twain a Servant because Jeanne d'Arc was his waifu in real life and it would be amazing to have them meet in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I doubt they'll be making any servants specifically for NA, but we might get some of the American servants early. Especially Edison.