Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Kooloo Limpah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
Go find the Gorons at Death Mountain, doing any quests you feel like on the way.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Since you're already in Zora's Domain, you might as well find the stone monuments.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Follow the coast north

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Take a look for those stone monument thingies.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mraagvpeine posted:

Since you're already in Zora's Domain, you might as well find the stone monuments.
A little less back-tracking later.

And let's get that climbing gear that we've almost completed so that we can force you to go to more weird places.

Weeble posted:

Kooloo Limpah

Trump Card
Jun 25, 2008

HEY GUYS

Weeble posted:

Kooloo Limpah

this is the only real choice

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Poll is up. Reminder that you can vote for multiple options.

I'll play at some point tomorrow, undecided when, so it may be a short poll.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Close one this time, but we'll be getting yet more stamina!

So, my game plan:

* Do the stone monuments sidequest first.
* Do the Fairy Clothes sidequest next.
* After those, I need more rupees to buy the house, so my solution is to put Rare Ore on as the Sheikah Sensor for gem hunting, and if there are none around head toward the floating thing in the sky until I get a signal. Once I'm satisfied with my loot, I'll buy the house.

And after I buy the house and show off that stuff, then we'll get to the next vote.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

My first try doing that spear shrine quest went a little awry. Let's just say good thing Mipha's Grace was charged.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Stone monuments went OK. Fairy Clothes shouldn't be a big deal, the lead says to explore Hyrule Field, so what's the worse that can...

WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Just a normal day in Hyrule and another nostalgia reference from this game. Remember those giant death-robots in Ocarina of Time's Hyrule Field?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Just a normal day in Hyrule and another nostalgia reference from this game. Remember those giant death-robots in Ocarina of Time's Hyrule Field?

I remember peahats...

Fucker, thanks for reminding me that peahats exist.

At least we don't have flying laser peahats.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

FeyerbrandX posted:

pffft AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gently caress the peahats.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

FeyerbrandX posted:

Yeah... about that....

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

FeyerbrandX posted:

:allears:

I really need to get to the DLC one of these days, been unable to get to it due to personal reasons.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Today, we will be doing the side quest involving finding the ten stone monuments across Zora's Domain.

We found four back in Update 28. I won't be repeating those here, so check back there to read the first four.

The first one is pretty simple, since we saw it when we first got to the town area. We skipped it back then because it would've been a nightmare to navigate back up, but now...

quote:

Our scholars say that in the distant past, Zora's Domain had a king with no special talent for the art of war. What he lacked in skill with a blade, he made up for in love for his people, and especially love for his queen.

One day, news reached the king of a horde of monsters gathering in the Zodobon Highlands. The king steeled himself for war to protect his people, but the queen knew how ill suited for the task he was. Worried for his life, she wove one of her own scales into his armor, hoping that her love would protect him in battle.

It seemed for a time that the tide of battle favored the Zora and that all would make it safely home. But the cunning Lizalfos general saw an opening and seized it, driving the king's forces into a corner.

Just when the general's sword was ready to crash down upon the king, a miracle took place. An errant sunbeam reflected from the scale on his armor blinded the Lizalfos, stopping the deathblow from falling. This was the chance the king needed to rally his forces and turn the tide, taking down the general and securing victory.

This came to be known as the Miracle of the White Scale, a scale that only female Zora possess. It was this miracle that began the tradition of Zora princesses crafting armor for their future husbands.

A rather lengthy yet still interesting origin story for the Zora armor tradition.

Hm.

Hm?

Hm.

One of our main priorities is buying the house in Hateno. 3000 rupees is nothing to sneeze at, but luckily there's a good supply of ore deposits scattered around Zora's Domain. It'll certainly help get us closer to that goal!

This one was across the river and higher up from the last one. Lots of frogs in this pond.

quote:

The queen and I were blessed with a daughter as lovely as a jewel. We named our princess...Mipha. To celebrate her birth, the smithy Dento presented Mipha with a gift: a mighty spear called the Lightscale Trident.

Mipha grew into a bright girl and soon reached the age of receiving lessons from the royal family's order of knights. The whole of the royal guard adored her, especially Sergeant Seggin, who loved her as if she were his own kin. Under Seggin's instruction, Mipha honed her skills, and her radiance grew along with her skill with the Lightscale Trident.

As a Champion, Mipha made her people proud. However, once the Great Calamity struck, she was never to return. All of Zora's Domain fell into misery. The merest thought of the princess was enough to overcome anyone with tears.

As a way of offering her soul repose, they tried to send the Lightscale Trident drifting down the Zora River. But when they did, the trident began to glow, and Mipha's voice rang loud and clear for all Zora to hear:

And so, keeping to her request, on the day of the Great Calamity...the day that Mipha passed from this world...the Zora venerate the Lightscale Trident and remember their brave princess. Such is the origin of the Champion Festival.

This one goes into the Lightscale Trident and the Champion Festival. Yet more talk of how much everyone loved Mipha, in case it wasn't clear by now.

More climbing around led me to spot this one.

quote:

Once every 10 years, the Lanayru region experiences unusually heavy rainfall. The Zora River flooded every time. The tides damaged not only our domain but our people, washing away poor souls and causing great suffering and disarray. The Zora king of that time, after seeking aid from the king of Hyrule, rode out to see what could be done.

By joining the architectural genuis of the Zora and Hyrule's technological prowess, East Reservoir Lake was swiftly built. Thanks to this fruitful partnership, Hyrule was no longer plagued by these devastating floods. In gratitude, the Zora king promised the king of Hyrule to manage the reservoir level to protect all of Hyrule from floods. Each Zora king since has kept that oath, spanning 10,000 years. That is why the reservoir signified our bond with Hyrule.

Whew! That's three down! Only three left!

After that, I simply could not find the last three on my own. I must've went back to that last one four times or so, thinking it was a new one only to be the same story.

Did find these, though.

Bombable rocks guarding a chest with a silver rupee, which is nice.

Otherwise, just randomly gliding around for a good chunk of time.

Apparently I already found this Korok. I can't keep track of all this.

I teleport around a few times, including to where Vah Ruta currently rests.

We can't go near it, sadly.

Another Korok.

This batch of rocks hid an ore deposit that had Topaz.

After getting a bit frustrated, I decided to take a break and check out the nearby shrine down there.

After I nabbed another Korok, of course.

This one is kind of a maze, surrounded by thorns and enemies. Of course, I just glided in, and considering it's in plain view of a large chunk of the higher ranges of Zora's Domain, it's very likely an intentional option.

I enjoyed the puzzle for this shrine. But more on that in a second.

There's two chests here. One has leaves leading up to a wooden platform, while the other to the right has no leaves.

The idea is to shoot an arrow through a lit torch to bring this chest down, then try to aim another lit arrow into the other platform. Or something like that.

Instead, I use Cryonis to gain some height and Magnesis to get the chest off the platform.

https://f.mega64.net/botw/u35/079.mp4

Then I used that chest to knock off the other chest.

Got an Opal and a nice new bow.

And a picture of the old bow I discarded to make room for the new bow.

Anyway, let's get to the puzzle for this shrine.

https://f.mega64.net/botw/u35/084.mp4

There are three switches, each with an arrow. Shoot a switch, and both the cube with the switches and the large cube in the middle of the room move the direction of the arrow. This layout does a fantastic job in visualizing just how to manipulate the center cube.

There are five torches. One will always be lit (unless underwater, but it'll relight once it's back out), and the goal is to use that to light the other four. There are two on either side of the cube, and three on the cube (including the always lit one).

The trick is that there's also a water spout that will douse any torches that it's against. So you have to have the lit torch light the side torches, then use those to light the other two torches, all while dealing with the water spout.

It's tricky enough to require a bit of thought, but manipulating the puzzle is simple. This is definitely one of the better shrines in my eyes.

Sadly it's just the one puzzle. But hey, a fourth Spirit Orb!

Which means another Stamina Vessel! One more and we'll complete our second circle.

Anyway, if you come back to Jiahto, he will tell you the general location of a random monument.

Zodobon Highlands are to the west of where Ruta currently sits.

Plenty of ore, too.

This monument is a large drop downward, near sea level.

quote:

Long, long ago... In a past more distant than even the Great Calamity or the creation of the Divine Beast Vah Ruta... There was a Zora princess named Ruto. We know that she was an attendant to the Zora patron diety and that she was a fair and lively girl, beloved to all.

Around that same time, an evil man with designs on ruling the world appeared, bringing disaster upon Zora's Domain. It is said that Ruto then awoke as a sage, facing this foe alongside the princess of Hyrule and the hero of legend. Her achievements are remembered not only by the Zora, they are also forever etched in the history of Hyrule.

The Divine Beast Vah Ruta, built ages later to face off against Calamity Ganon, was named in honor of Ruto. That the Zora princess - my sweet daughter Mipha - was chosen to pilot Ruta is surely the work of fate.

This is a blatant callback to Ocarina of Time. Ruto was the Zora sage in that game, and joined powers with the other sages to help Link and Zelda defeat Ganondorf.

This game pretty much ignores the Zelda timeline other than being clearly last since it references pretty much everything it can, but if you really care about it, then remember the Divine Beasts were actually created 10,000 years ago and were only unearthed a bit over 100 years ago. But again, it doesn't really matter that much other than OoT being explicitly mentioned.

Anyway, two left!

Lulu Lake is actually the small lake for the second of the three waterfalls Link ascended to reach Ploymus Mountain.

It's in plain sight once you actually look around instead of beelining to the next waterfall.

quote:

There was once a giant Octorok in Hateno Bay, large as a mountain, which terrorized the village's fishers. Hearing of their distress, Prince Sidon went forth to personally eliminate the offending Octorok. But this Octorok was a tricky beast. After the prince dodged one of the stones it spat, it inhaled him whole. Such had been the fate of many strong warriors who went to slay the Octorok. Not one had come back alive.

Just as it seemed Prince Sidon would be counted among them, the giant Octorok twisted in pain. The tip of a silverscale spear pierced the Octorok's stomach from within, revealing itself as the source of the beast's agony.

Unable to bear the pain, the Octorok coughed up the prince and scrambled to escape. Ever since, the fishers of Hateno Bay have passed down this heroic tale: The Prince Who Slew the Fell Octorok.

It's not glamorous, but it's still pretty hardcore. Sidon's a good dude.

Upland Zora is...upland. Though the monument itself isn't upland, it's downland from the upland.

And here we are!

quote:

What an honor it was to receive a personal request from King Dorephan to craft a historical stone monument! I did not realize how much content he'd give me, though... It certainly exceeded the line limits of a single monument. I suppose I could have just shortened the text, but it felt wrong to tamper with our great king's words. Thankfully, I was able to split it all between seven monuments to ensure that every word was preserved. I have always prided myself on my ability to think outside the box. I am so very adaptable! And humble as well.

While I was at it, I thought...why not add two of my own? And so I created one for King Dorephan and one for Prince Sidon. True, this is outside the scope of my commission... But I believe their triumphs deserve as much! But why stop at that...

Of course, having increased the number of monuments, I had to find places for them all... That proved difficult. Still, it is worth it! So long as I remember to sign these monuments, my name will be remembered forever. As it should be.

Of course they forgot to sign their name.

Still, ten monuments worth of history... I think they warranted their own anonymous bragging monument.

Now then, please tell me what was written on them!

Eureka! Thanks to you, I've compiled the precious information from those stone monuments! Link, thank you for taking on such an arduous task! Please, allow me to reward you!

A diamond for the amount of work we did doesn't really seem worth it, but honestly the various lore and overcoming the challenge of finding them is its own reward.

I, Jiahto, shall take the repsonsibility of passing on King Dorephan's inscriptions to future generations!

I'd certainly hope so!

Next time, Link decides to achieve his dreams of dressing like a fairy, or die trying. Repeatedly.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 25, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Knocking down a chest with another chest is probably the best solution to any inaccessible chest problem.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
I, uh... I may have lit four of five torches and then shot the last one with a fire arrow in lieu of figuring out the puzzle properly.

Mostly I wanted to see if the game would let me get away with it. I was still in the 'they wouldn't really let me do that, would they?' phase of my time in Breath of the Wild.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I did the same thing.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
.....:argh:

I'll just say I wanted to actually solve the puzzle as a matter of pride. Yeah, that's it.

:bang:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

"Use Fire Arrows" is a solution to a surprisingly large number of puzzles.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
That's because this game is trying to teach you that arson is ALWAYS an option

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Hasn't it always taught you the quickest way to get rich is BREAK EVERYTHING?

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

iospace posted:

Hasn't it always taught you the quickest way to get rich is BREAK EVERYTHING?

Yes, but it's important to remember to pillage, then burn. The order is important.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

seaborgium posted:

Yes, but it's important to remember to pillage, then burn. The order is important.
Unless you like baked apples.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

I have a dumb suggestion! Now that hero's path mode is available, I say you should find a chunk of map you haven't explored yet, and deliberately draw something on the map with your movements! Any doodle should be fine draw a dickbutt :ssh:

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Eastmost Peninsula is the secret.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.
Oh? Are we quoting the NES Zeldas now?
I was always partial to "I am Error."

But yeah, Zelda 2, the only Zelda game where link doesn't specialize in demolitions. Instead he uses a lot of magic.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh, nice, those are some pretty nice directions if you can read a map and get creative. A single diamond is probably the best thing anybody can drop on you, but I agree that finding ten things is probably a little more than even a diamond is worth.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Today's objective is obtaining some Fairy Clothes offered by the first DLC. How hard can it be?

The Outpost Ruins are right next to the Great Plateau, trivial to access from the Plateau's tower.

This book lists all the locations of the various pieces of clothing the DLC accesses. Here's what the book has:

quote:

I hid the eight priceless relics I stole from Hyrule Castle in treasure chests... I shall write down their locations. -Misko

The ancient mask lies at the ruins where soldiers gathered. From there, the waters of Lake Kolomo are visible.

The green garments of the man who wished to be a fairy are hidden in the ruins of Hyrule Field. Find these pieces at the ruins where trade flourished...at the ruins where sinners were imprisoned...and at the village ruins next to farmland where many people once gathered.

The princess of twilight, whose stories are handed down alongside those of the Hero of Twilight... Her helmet can be found at the temple ruins soaked in the waters of Regencia River.

Armor worn by fierce phantoms, feared even by heroes, is hidden in the ruins of Hyrule Field. Find these pieces at a battleground where brave souls tested their skill...at ceremonial grounds where royal guards are honored...and at the ruins where the soldiers of Hyrule gathered.

"EX" is all that's written on the last page. What could it mean?

Also found a chest with Amber within.

So...to be honest, Hyrule Field is one of the areas I've explored the least my first playthrough, so I'm not that familiar with much of the area, nor have I looked up where exactly each treasure chest is. I'll be wandering around pretty blind for this.

Anyway, it's simple to surmise that the central section of the map is Hyrule Field, since that's where Hyrule Castle is located, and landscape observations suggest the middle section of Hyrule to be pretty flat, like a field.

Lots of rusty weapons, so a nice opportunity for more pictures.

The outskirts of southern Hyrule Field aren't too bad. Plenty of Bokoblins, but the weak kind which are trivial to deal with now.

Several towers in the distance. Our first priority should be reaching the tower in Hyrule Field. From there, we can examine the map and see if we find any locations that sound like they'd match the descriptions we were given.

And there's Hyrule Castle, off in the distance.

A handy cooking pot.

https://g.mega64.net/botw/u36/033.mp4

And of course I'm not passing up that opportunity.

As I plan to finish off the others, I spot a shooting star.

So off I go!

These fields are definitely fields. Vast, open areas dotted with trees and occasional settlements.

The most interesting part was when I was attacked by both a swarm of bees and a swarm of bats.

Unfortunately, I lose track of the shooting star, but that's fine because it ended up leading me...

...to the stable of this region.

And hey, look who happens to be here!

So we meet again! I want to go home to Korok Forest, but I've lost my way... According to the folks at the stable, this area is Central Hyrule... Shalako... That means Korok Forest is still much farther north... Well, since I'm already here, I may as well stay awhile and relax. Ah, wait a minute...

I get the opportunity to upgrade five times here. I end up doing two more weapon slots, two bow slots, and a shield slot. Weapons are by far the most important due to the large variety of effects and tools (sledgehammers for their high durability in mining/stasis, Korok leaves for navigating rafts and blowing things, elemental weapons, torches, the list goes on). All you really need for bows are a long-range zoom-in bow for far away targets, maybe a multi-shot bow, and some strong regular bows. Shields are boring in comparison, just use whatever's strongest.

I... I think I remember how to get back to Korok Forest! Maybe I'll head back now. I bet Grandpa is waiting for me. Thanks for the Korok seeds! I'm off to Korok Forest! Come visit me there sometime!

Anyway, Hestu's off again, and that'll probably be the last we see of him for awhile.

Each stable has a nearby shrine, so here's this shrine.

This one is pretty simple.

These three metal boxes can be climbed. The chest has an Amber, by the way.

There's two other high platforms. Once has a large grate, the other has the shrine's monk.

First we restack the blocks next to the grate.

Move it back on the floor...

Then restack the blocks near the monk. Wouldn't you know it, this platform's just too high for these blocks!

But the grate makes for a convenient bridge.

A very simple puzzle. Eh.

Music: Stables

So let's check out the stables.

I only found the one side quest. I think there's another, but eh.

The river here makes for some lovely scenery, and if you head northeast from here, you'll find the Millennio Sandbar. The scenery there is every bit as lovely as the scenery here! I'm something of a connoisseur of beauty, you see - I simply cannot resist a beautiful sight! I try to exude this in all things, not least of all my own beautiful appearance. Speaking of, has anyone ever told you... You have the most beautiful features!

Well, since you definitely know how to flatter a guy, we'll indulge.

Oh, you would? Even more beautiful on the inside! Now, let's see... If you head north through Hyrule Field, you'll see the castle surrounded by that foul aura. It has long been a den of monsters, but in its glory days it was surely a thing of wondrous beauty. It was in that very castle in those very days that my ancestor... Hmm, my grandfather's grandfather, I believe...

Oh, how I wonder what sorts of cuisine members of the royal court enjoyed in those good ol' days... As a child, I would often suffer meager meals, all while dreaming of the beautiful dishes that might have graced my plate. Oh, if only things had been different! Gourmet spiced meat, seafood curry, mushroom risotto, egg pudding...

These days, I enjoy my time working at these stables, sharing my tales of beauty with any traveler willing to listen. But I still wonder what could have been. Anyway, excuse me... I seem to have caught myself prattling on. But looking upon your perfectly symmertrical face and discussing meals of beauty has rekindled my desire.

There must be one lying around somewhere in there! I'm simply dying to finally sample the food of the royal court.

So this quest actually requires us to infiltrate Hyrule Castle. Honestly, you can pop in and out of Hyrule Castle as much as you want, it's not really any different from the various other overworld areas in the game, other than the enemies being understandably powerful and difficult, and the fabulous loot involved.

For now, we have other priorities, so it goes on the backburner like the ten or so other quests we have.

Beedle's also here, as usual.

I want you to have this!

This even works on those Guardian things. It's amazing! I hear it works best if you hit the Guardians in the eye with it. This old guy named Robbie gave it to me. To find him, go waaay north past Zora's Domain, all the way to Akkala Ancient Tech Lab. Old Robbie makes a bunch of other weird weapons and clothes and stuff. I guess he's what you'd call a mad scientist, which is kind of cool...but also terrifying. If you want strong weapons and stuff, you should go see him.

The Ancient Arrow is pretty handy, it's pretty much a one-hit kill for many things, including Guardians if you aim it in their eye. However, anything hit with an Ancient Arrow won't drop loot, with the exception of Guardians. Also, Ancient Arrows won't work on everything, most importantly the scouts in the various shrines (especially the combat-focused ones).

As for Robbie, I believe Purah mentioned him when we first reached the Hateno Lab. Might be something to look out for in the future.

Otherwise, the usual things here. Saving money for a house, so we'll pass for now.

After doing his quest in Kakariko, Pikango will be found in many stables in the area, usually with a new memory hint.

I've traveled all over the wordl, so I'm happy to tell you about new places, if you want.

Might as well!

Hmm... That's Lake Kolomo, isn't it? It's an oddly shaped lake west of here. There's a forest on the west side of it. Yes, I can see some trees here as well. It must be over there.

That's certainly handy to know!

Otherwise, just more pictures.

And with that, let's travel on!

I didn't really get much demand for dressing up this time, so I'm swapping back to Sheikah so I can grab bugs as I explore.

Hmmm.

Yep.

Can't be a field without horses.

Some Pebblits hanging about.

Still a field. The tower's nearby, so let's head over.

I hijack a nearby horse for a quick boost.

Alright. Now we just have to head to the tower and...

https://g.mega64.net/botw/u36/130.mp4

Music: Guardian Battle

Oh. Did I forget to mention the central and northern parts of Hyrule Field are swarming with Guardians? Guardians that can walk? That's something we'll have to deal with.

Not that I let it stop me from looting nearby chests. Those clothes could be anywhere in Hyrule Field, after all!

Of course, Guardians aren't the only thing in the area.

Though they are the only moderately threatening thing.

Fighting them head-on is still a fool's errand at this point due to our weak weaponry and low health. Our best bet is trying to dodge lasers and hiding behind cover.

https://g.mega64.net/botw/u36/137.mp4

Like so.

Eventually I make a run for it and escape...this time...

Anyway, here's the tower. All we need to do is climb it and-

Music: Guardian Battle

OH COME ON

The gimmick for scaling this tower are the several Guardians that can take aim at you depending on where you're at in the tower.

Fortunately, there's plenty of platforms around this tower, so your best hope is to quickly climb between platforms and position yourself on them so all Guardians lose sight of you. Then repeat.

It's not as scary as it looks if you're fast enough. Stamina helps, of course.

And here's our map! That thing in the north is Hyrule Castle itself.

I decide between a couple areas to explore first, ultimately settling on the Hyrule Garrison Ruins we passed a moment ago.

Some fine treasures for sure, but unfortunately none that unleash our inner fairy.

The Guardians make exploring a bit difficult, too.

Nothing much else of note here, so on to the Ranch Ruins!

Easier said than done.

https://g.mega64.net/botw/u36/165.mp4

You can stun Guardians by nailing them in the eye. I tempt fate and take aim, fortunately landing the blow and making my break for it.

https://g.mega64.net/botw/u36/166.mp4

It goes poorly.

And poorly.

Eventually I...somehow escaped the Guardian and made it here. Mipha's Grace has been used up, so now I have to wait for it to recharge before I can use it again. I'm also out of fairies.

Great.

At least I covered some ground, though! Turns out you can cover ground pretty quickly when you're constantly running for your life!

As I said, Hyrule Castle is covered in Guardians. Luckily I don't get spotted by these guys.

Not much here except a bit more cash and yet another new friend.

Onward, then.

Another Bokoblin. I'll take it.

It was around this point where I started dying...quite a lot. A very very lot.

Guardians are very fearsome foes, indeed.

A brief respite.

Finally, a path without Guardians!

JUST KIDDING IT'S ALL LASERS ALL THE TIME

DEATH

DEATH

DEATH

This might take awhile.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 25, 2017

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Running around the field early on was tremendous fun, if a little frustrating. I went on a big stubborn tower deathmarch before doing much else and that is the bit that sticks with me the most. And a lot of lasery death.

And it's still kind of tricky later, I've got all but one piece of the DLC clothing and it has involved dodging a lot of lasers. And eating a lot of lasers, come to think of it. Guardians are really cool.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
I've reached the point where I'll take Guardians head on as long as they're alone--I'm no farther in the story than Mega, but I've done a lot more shrines. I will not try to tangle with more than one at a time, though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

quote:

Armor worn by fierce phantoms, feared even by heroes, is hidden in the ruins of Hyrule Field. Find these pieces at a battleground where brave souls tested their skill...at ceremonial grounds where royal guards are honored...and at the ruins where the soldiers of Hyrule gathered.
It's not the faerie clothes, but it may be worth comparing this to your travels this update.
And a general tip for finding the chests, a lot of them are buried, so keep your magnesis vision on and check in nooks and crannies.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Bruceski posted:

And a general tip for finding the chests, a lot of them are buried, so keep your magnesis vision on and check in nooks and crannies.

That's definitely good to know, thanks!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Do the guardians shoot at the Bokoblins too, or will they only target you? Seems like they'd be really good at raising a ruckus when you were trying to sneak around a Guardian.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
90% sure the Guardians will only target Link, on account of being puppets of Ganon, where the bokoblins are minions of Ganon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So what's the death count at?

• Locked thread