Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

TheCenturion posted:

I dunno. Read the official tournament rules for "relaxed" tier. Formal or premiere, absolutely.

Even just as a matter of ettiquite it's best not to talk about the game in earshot of the people playing it. If I were a TO I would warn anyone who did that and boot them if they did it again. Play errors are part of the game. After a game, things are fair game, but during a game, no bueno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Raged posted:

One question though. The TO who is a friend came over during the first match(which I won) and reminded my opponent that he had PTL when he only took one action. I just assumed he only wanted to take one, but he then took the second action. I did not say anything, but is he supposed to do that? This was not a new player and he ended up in fourth at the end of the day.

Spectators
All people present at an event are participating as spectators when not actively engaging in
another role. This includes casual observers who may have never heard of the game being played
and players who are glancing over at another match between gameplay actions. Spectators have
the following responsibilities:
• Refraining from providing outside assistance to players during their games.
• Not disturbing games. This includes discussion of the game in progress, making
excessively loud noises, or physically intruding on the players or their gameplay area.
• Respecting a request by a player or leader to not observe a game or games.

That's page 11 of the Fundamental Event Document, which covers stuff not specific to any game. That's a pretty damned big violation by the TO, in casual play sure whatever, but in a tournament that's a violation for sure.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
On the other hand, the Official Tournament Regulations, dated a year later, are:
Relaxed Tournaments at this level are welcoming to all players, regardless of experience level. Players are encouraged to help each other improve and learn, so long as it does not significantly disrupt the game. The focus is on creating a fun and friendly environment. The Relaxed Tier is used for Store Championship events.

That said, I agree; TOs should keep their goddamn mouths shut unless asked a question, and spectators shouldn't interfere. On the other hand, the entire point of the Relaxed tournament type is to be able to ask things like 'Why didn't you use this power here?' or 'how did that extra focus just get generated?' Formal and Premiere events, on the other hand, no.

But if the TO knew that the player wasn't inexperienced, no way he should be pointing that sort of thing out, no. But the rules do allow for it. Kinda. Sorta. If you tilt your head in the right direction at the right angle. Kinda.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Spectators are allowed to bring observed rules violations to a judge's attention.

"You forgot to gain a stress after PTL" - OK
Vs
"You forgot to use PTL" - not OK

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Also,

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

At tournaments, I will remind my opponent about things they forgot as long as they aren't an rear end in a top hat, and it's not like, top 4 or something.

When I'm spectating, I keep my god damned mouth shut until it's no longer relevant. If it's a one time only situation and I know both the players, I might ask why they didn't do X and either get an answer I wouldn't have thought of, or a "Well I just forgot". If I don't know both players I don't say anything at all.

A TO doing that is mind boggling, especially for something like PtL. It's not like PtL is some corner case that rarely comes up, like Simultaneous Fire.

On a side note; someone in the painting Facebook group painted up an E-wing as Black One and it looks great.

EDIT:

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 1, 2017

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Tell me there's a video of that bumpmaster list somewhere. I can't fathom how it's taking all comers.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Would this be a super good case to buy? I don't have a ton and don't really need the 74 now.

https://www.amazon.com/Plano-Molding-1354-StowAways-Sandstone/dp/B000OES590/ref=sr_1_2?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1498927763&sr=1-2&keywords=plano

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Okay, that Crack Shot is awesome art.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

No. That thing is tiny. You can't tell by the pictures but it's reaaaaaaaallly small. Many ships won't fit in the trays at all.

Source: I ordered one, and had to return it.

If you don't want the entire giant $50 big one, just buy the individual 3750 trays for $5 each. Or pick up one of those Stanley cases people like for small collections and were recommended.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Some Numbers posted:

Okay, that Crack Shot is awesome art.

Yeah I'm gonna need like five of them

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

16 player tournament, 0 Jumpmasters :getin:

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

ConfusedUs posted:

No. That thing is tiny. You can't tell by the pictures but it's reaaaaaaaallly small. Many ships won't fit in the trays at all.

Source: I ordered one, and had to return it.

If you don't want the entire giant $50 big one, just buy the individual 3750 trays for $5 each. Or pick up one of those Stanley cases people like for small collections and were recommended.

Word, Stanley it is.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

I always find it best to say nothing until it's all over as an observer. Any bit of information that could slip out is a terrible thing to do, and I would be furious with anyone saying something in my game.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I've carefully reminded people of things like "you rolled that hit on the previous roll" but only in casual games. I'd never comment on a tournament game.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I want all the alt art Crack Shots. At least enough to run a tournament legal Crack Swarm.

The worst part is that those are going to be even more expensive than the vanilla Crack Shot cards to buy off like, eBay or whatever.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

AndyElusive posted:

I want all the alt art Crack Shots. At least enough to run a tournament legal Crack Swarm.

The worst part is that those are going to be even more expensive than the vanilla Crack Shot cards to buy off like, eBay or whatever.

True. Alt art C3POs were going for $5 for a few months after they dropped, which is way cheaper than the Tantive one.

The good news is that every expansion that crack shot is available in is now worth buying (Kirakzh, Hound's tooth, Imp Veterans). I expect the standard ones will get cheaper now at least!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

ConfusedUs posted:

Tell me there's a video of that bumpmaster list somewhere. I can't fathom how it's taking all comers.

Raged I need this. I literally can't even figure out how the hell this thing beats something like torpedo scouts, or Dash/Miranda, or Parattani.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

One of our local guys took 4x contracted scouts with trick shot to a store champs today :shepface:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

canyoneer posted:

One of our local guys took 4x contracted scouts with trick shot to a store champs today :shepface:

This is probably not a terrible list. Hella good at bumping and getting multiple 3 die shots on bumped targets.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

Raged I need this. I literally can't even figure out how the hell this thing beats something like torpedo scouts, or Dash/Miranda, or Parattani.
Honestly don't think he has faced any of those lists

Here ya go

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/154026217
vs triple tap Bossk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrwF0Z1s_rI
vs Dengar/Tel

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/154020659
vs a wierd list

https://www.facebook.com/DrRomper/videos/10156374282053275/ (Don't know if the vid is public)
vs Yorr/Whisper/OL

Raged fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jul 1, 2017

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

thespaceinvader posted:

This is probably not a terrible list. Hella good at bumping and getting multiple 3 die shots on bumped targets.

Sometimes 4!

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
My FLGS just opened their new location and so I sat and watched a game for the heck of it. It was a Rey + Jan Ors HWK vs a Shadowcaster and YV666. They literally just flew right into each other and bumped and the game was over in about 6 turns.

I'm starting to see more big base ships and less "dogfighting" which is kind of sad because I like the aspect of getting in and out arcs through maneuvering. Now it seems like there's just turrets and bombs and to hell with arcs.

Granted each store may have different metas but man it's been at least a year since I've seen Soontir or even an Interceptor on the board.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Yeah man, that's a Ketsu/Bossk list all right. Vomit out 8-12 hits on the first joust, kill whatever survives on your own schedule.

Cheap big bases are champion blockers too. The Soontir player needs to guess right 100% of the time, and the blockers only need to get it right once.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

Honestly don't think he has faced any of those lists

Here ya go

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/154026217
vs triple tap Bossk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrwF0Z1s_rI
vs Dengar/Tel

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/154020659
vs a wierd list

https://www.facebook.com/DrRomper/videos/10156374282053275/ (Don't know if the vid is public)
vs Yorr/Whisper/OL

Thanks. Gonna watch these later.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I was at Stele Open and watched a guy spend 45 minutes of a round timer arguing with a judge about the triple tap bossk about how it doesn't work.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Looks like we are getting organized in my area, shirts and everything. We have had quite a few new players pick up the game in the last month and one of them did pretty well in the tourney flying a a janky rear end rey list with his small collection.

I like my simple shirt with the drunk bogan next to the burning x-wing wreck, but hey if it's what they want.

A heads up for the Aussie crew. In November we are going to be holding a cancer fundraiser tournament in Bathurst. Details are nailed down yet. Our shop, well shops now is run by a family. Their son has brain cancer which he does not have a good chance of surviving. The one thing he always wanted to do was to own a game shop. So they opened one up and he has been running it for 2 years. His mom is a nurse and Dad is a cop and they pull double duty at both jobs and are awesome. They have been doing so well they opened another one a few weeks ago. This won't be a pay my bills fundraiser, but for brain cancer research.

When details are nailed down I'll post about it again and any of you guys that want to come up can crash at my place. Got a spare bed, couch and room for swags.

Raged fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jul 2, 2017

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
baaah imgur being lovely

here are the shirts. I hate Aurebesh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Panzeh posted:

I was at Stele Open and watched a guy spend 45 minutes of a round timer arguing with a judge about the triple tap bossk about how it doesn't work.

Lol there comes a point where the judge should end a conversation and it was about five minutes into that 45 minute conversation.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

ConfusedUs posted:

Lol there comes a point where the judge should end a conversation and it was about five minutes into that 45 minute conversation.

If I'm ahead on points he can spend the rest of the game chatting with the judge!!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

canyoneer posted:

Yeah man, that's a Ketsu/Bossk list all right. Vomit out 8-12 hits on the first joust, kill whatever survives on your own schedule.

Cheap big bases are champion blockers too. The Soontir player needs to guess right 100% of the time, and the blockers only need to get it right once.

Blocking isn't what killed Soontir. ASLAM K Wings never need to guess right *at all*.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Panzeh posted:

Bossk, IG-88B, IG crew, Gunner and a cannon? What was his reasoning?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

thespaceinvader posted:

Blocking isn't what killed Soontir. ASLAM K Wings never need to guess right *at all*.

I was thinking about this sort of thing this morning about how SLAMS work with the K-Wing bomber meta and how it could be fixed. Shouldn't using a SLAM maneuver, a really fast boost, be hard to control? What if they adjusted the ruling that not only must the K-Wing use the same speed but also the same maneuver template again. This could cause the K-Wing to go off the board, into rocks, bump, be more exposed, etc. The wording would change to this:

quote:

To SLAM, choose and execute a maneuver on the ship's dial. The chosen maneuver must be the same speed and maneuver template as the maneuver that ship executed this round. Then assign that ship a weapons disabled token.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Ringo Star Get posted:

I was thinking about this sort of thing this morning about how SLAMS work with the K-Wing bomber meta and how it could be fixed. Shouldn't using a SLAM maneuver, a really fast boost, be hard to control? What if they adjusted the ruling that not only must the K-Wing use the same speed but also the same maneuver template again. This could cause the K-Wing to go off the board, into rocks, bump, be more exposed, etc. The wording would change to this:

What's funny is that for the longest time after I first got the K-Wing, I thought that a SLAM meant you had to do the same maneuver, not just the same speed maneuver. Suffice it to say, I was very surprised when it turned out this wasn't the case (Against me, in a tournament :downs:)

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I don't think that SLAM needs to be balanced, but that's a good balance idea for Advanced SLAM.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

canyoneer posted:

I don't think that SLAM needs to be balanced, but that's a good balance idea for Advanced SLAM.

Advanced SLAM needs to cause a stress like PTL and EI.

That would keep it possible to do long bombing runs, but not possible to do them EVERY loving TURN.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
You know what needs a half baked fix? The Tie s/f

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Lol the timing on that flip card means the whole dial is green as long as you don't bump, every turn.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Strobe posted:

Lol the timing on that flip card means the whole dial is green as long as you don't bump, every turn.

Except for red maneuvers.

The back side should say "when you reveal a green maneuver."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
My kicker? It can go on big ships.

So, you know, shuttles of all flavour.

• Locked thread