Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Chris James 2 posted:

Piss tape would matter, because this forum would finally be allowed to die in peace, knowing its dream was achieved and nothing else that comes after would or could ever be even half as good

two words

that aren't piss tape

donald dwyre

that is our mona lisa

that is our everest summit

gentelmen, ladies, and turf fuzz, that is ripping away the mask of god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dr. Doom? Isn't he some blogger or smtg

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Bring on the Don Bomba.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

fits my needs posted:

what the gently caress lol

she was pretending to have rabies to... break up with a guy? something like that

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

punchymcpunch posted:

theyre desperate to renegotiate the fantastic four deal cos one of marvel's greatest villains is trapped there, a guaranteed massive boxoffice draw...

You joke, but Annihilus is a Fantastic Four villain and he's the antagonist in the biggest Guardians of the Galaxy story, Annihilation. That's the story that actually brought the Guardians back to life after they hadn't had a comic in 20 years and made them marketable characters again

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Addamere posted:

what exactly is the plausible purpose behind an 'arms race' in a race that has already been won several times over by both sides

i mean why do you need more weapons than enough to kill everyone several times over i dont get it are we trying to just keep going til we can literally planet buster the earth to bits?

look at this noob what dont understand the good ol nuculer triad!!!

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

They're using the family radio service, lmao.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

no *we* ant cuz im b& :(

:(

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm hype for the next Fall Out Boy album

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Holy_Zarquon posted:

Derrida was such an rear end in a top hat and I love him so much for it.

I don't know much about him as a person but the documentary made him seem somewhat endearing. Also, he apparently schooled Searle in a debate and caused Searle to rage about it and I hate most analytic philosophers so that is cool.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think i get it we need the captain of every nuclear submarine to be able to unilaterally explode the entire planet on whim or else america will never be safe from russian u-boat captains doing the same

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/kmbc/status/881206303653109760

lol

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

call me cassandra lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/881202184284721153

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

why

what does this mean

why do you believe it matters

why do you still have hope

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Addamere posted:

i think i get it we need the captain of every nuclear submarine to be able to unilaterally explode the entire planet on whim or else america will never be safe from russian u-boat captains doing the same

on the presidents whim :smugdon:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Didn't some dude get sainted for punching an Arianist at some important meeting or something

that's my fav vaguely recalled story about Christian history

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Mo_Steel posted:

Perfect, time to get that as a tramp stamp.

super clunibus veritas

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/880956938724528129

as stupid as this feud is, and as lovely as Morning Joe is, Donny hiring thugs to intimidate them deserves to Matter (and will not lol)

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

call me cassandra lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aasaOtLbB1k

"No one hears Cassandra cry"

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Addamere posted:

why

what does this mean

the sun shines in the daytime, grasshopper

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Nuclearmonkee posted:

This skeleton fuckin owns

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

if you can snatch this pebble from my hand, you may train with the monks of nitecrew

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Nichael posted:

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/880956938724528129

as stupid as this feud is, and as lovely as Morning Joe is, Donny hiring thugs to intimidate them deserves to Matter (and will not lol)

mueller is charging up a spirit bomb of mattering

but he faces freza and so the only hope we have is someone on the left going ssj

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

The look on his stupid loving face with that hand gesture loving idiot cuck lmao

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Squizzle posted:

letters of paul are prob the most consequentially bad because first of all a bunch of them werent written by paul or when paul was even alive and second of all there are obv insertions by later authors, and we can speculate about redactions also but w/e, and pauls enormous personal influence over western thought via his privileged position in christianity means that people are taking a lot of bullshit as foundational culture, paul wasnt a tenth as anti woman as the epistles look today for instance

in terms of raw translation poo poo its anything people go back to the """""original""""" hebrew for instead of looking to the septuagint because the hebrew texts we have passed thru thousands of years and thousands of transcriptions w small and large errors introduced since the septuagint was made, and it was a real fuckin good piece of translation when it was

protestants generally loooove going back to real flawed hebrew/aramaic texts only to get dunked on the next time a cave full of ancient texts is uncovered and it turns out they resemble the septuagint more than they resemble the hebrew these guys worked from

but on the other hand these documents evolved over a long period of time anyway, there are minimum four major scribal/editorial strategies in the mfin torah (jepd) and theyve chopped up a bunch stuff and remixed stuff that was synthesized from multiple sources in the first place, like im not remembering the number but that psalm thats just an israelite adaptation of ab egyptian prayer or hymb or w/e and completely doesnt fit w a lot of hebrew paradigms but welp its canonical af now

so i mean its all part of the ongoing documentary evolution, we're just more able to track that evolution now

Agreed. gently caress the Pauline Epistles

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

i made a prophecy and it came to pass tho no one believed me at the time :shrug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXkHP1eaaZ8

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

the old man and the C minus grade average

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
NO "MATTER". EXIST IN THE VOID
WITHOUT PURPOSE OR MEANING.

THERE IS NO "YOU", ONLY THE VAST
CONCEPT OF NOTHING

TIME DOES NOT EXIST.

BE.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

if you can snatch this pebble from my hand, you may train with the monks of nitecrew

to master the ways of nite crew
become one with the pebble
(by eating it)
(((then shitposting it )))

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

LOL, the main reason they take that August recess is to get away from the horrendous weather DC has that time of year.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/881208316390756353

Genuine Fake
Oct 2, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I don't know much about him as a person but the documentary made him seem somewhat endearing. Also, he apparently schooled Searle in a debate and caused Searle to rage about it and I hate most analytic philosophers so that is cool.

Yeah that was what he did. He would just talk circles around people and drive them crazy. Michelle Foucault called what he did "Intellectual Terrorism"

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[cspam_CHIM.jpeg]

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
piss tape is real

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

eonwe posted:

piss tape is real

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Addamere posted:

why

what does this mean

It means they've wasted so much time on their evil healthcare plan that they're running out of time to do literally anything

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Addamere posted:

[cspam_CHIM.jpeg]

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Jeb... Jeb! Put down the gun.

• Locked thread