Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Meridian posted:

Yeah, Baron specifically? I haven't beat him yet but I'm still pondering how I want to tackle him.

Just beat him with the occ/m@a/flag/hell

Occ spammed vulnerability curse (the one that lowers damage)

M@a cycled through his back rank party buffs and retribution (which crit killed the Barron :hellyeah:)

Flagellent did Flagellent things, beating things down or healing as the case came up.

Hellion spammed the it bleeds attack (the one that hits rank 2 or 3)

Fight goes: pick egg, Hellion starts with bleed, flag follows up, m@a either Riposte to finish or get party buff up, Occ lays down weakness.

With a little luck (or the baron not crit healing himself!) the extra action economy you get from Riposte on every aoe the baron lays down should carry the day.

Only my Occ died after he went nuts and refused healing.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Sep 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

This crimson court area is miserable and just loving goes on forever. It unavoidably stresses people quickly which puts a high cost on every trip and keeps me from getting through it faster, but two thirds of my roster is vampires and therefore a liability against bosses, and if I use anyone else they just get infected too with literally nothing I can do about it

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I found out the hard way bringing a jester which only knew finale as a damage move and an antiquarian can lead to you getting stuck with a Chevalier summoning reinforcements. Luckily they were just the corpse muncher guys but my Occulist still died.

Also, it seems they changed enemy spawns in the Courtyard so you fight Courtesans much earlier. My first play through I didn't see any until after the second Crocodile fight. Better hope you have Laudium or enjoy even more stress!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Drewjitsu posted:

vulnerability curse (the one that lowers damage)

weakening curse

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Meridian posted:

Yeah, Baron specifically? I haven't beat him yet but I'm still pondering how I want to tackle him.

Riposte is absolutely sick against him. I did vest/hwm/maa/flag, with the MAA buffing dodge every turn he wasn't riposting. Knowing what I know now, I'd probably replace the flag with another MAA..

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Coolguye posted:

Should work just fine with existing saves. The bigger you make your barracks the easier the game will be overall but whatever have fun in there ffs

thanks much, I don't love modding games in this way but adding one or two slots due to roster bloat seems ok

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Digirat posted:

This crimson court area is miserable and just loving goes on forever. It unavoidably stresses people quickly which puts a high cost on every trip and keeps me from getting through it faster, but two thirds of my roster is vampires and therefore a liability against bosses, and if I use anyone else they just get infected too with literally nothing I can do about it

I mean that's kind of the point, it is meant to be this long gauntlet you run. It is meant to be completed in 2 or 3 runs (you can do it in 1 if you are persistent/lucky).

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
What kind of party would even be suitable for completing the entire crimson court in one go? Not only would you need to be built for endurance but you also need to be viable against the baron. Maybe something like Vestal-PD-MAA-Flagellant? Good stuns, buffing, bleeding, reliable healing, riposte from MAA and even stress management with the flagellant, but then you run the issue of the flagellant trying to eat all the stress. I suppose once you know the route you minimize time spent going in pointless directions, and you could eventually get some firewood. Maybe trade the PD for Dog-and-Stickman and have him cry havoc. You also get the added bonus of having a fast guy who can dodge tank as well. I might have suggested the jester in lieu of the PD for finale/buff/stress reduction gimmicks but even with the easing of his brutal nerf I'm not so sure.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what does the PD do apart from stun mosquitos? loads of bloodsuckers have high blight/stun resistance; do you have her on stabbing/shuffle duty?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

what does the PD do apart from stun mosquitos? loads of bloodsuckers have high blight/stun resistance; do you have her on stabbing/shuffle duty?

Good question. One thought would be to build her as a stabby surgeon lady, since Dissection Kit/Bloody Herb give her a lot of bonus damage/bleed chance, and she'll be able to remove DoT which is pretty frequent. But I'd prefer someone that could either heal or deal direct damage for more.

I typically took Vestal/[Occultist, Houndmaster, or Grave Robber]/Flagellant/Hellion. The Hellion in particular is super useful because she can hit any position, and nearly everyone can heal themselves or others for sustainability.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
Yeah my initial thought process was take her to stun poo poo and give her a blasphemous vial and dazzling mirror to augment that. Really the only bloodsuckers that are out of the question stun wise are the supplicants. I'm more afraid of the chevaliers, courtesans and esquire to be honest, and being to drop a double stun in the back where they reside is nice. And yeah the dot removal aspect was another reason why I considered her.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Rayjenkins posted:

Maybe something like Vestal-PD-MAA-Flagellant?

Not enough stress management. Replace the Vestal with a Crusader, and you should be good to go. PD works well with the Flagellant's Reclaim, though. I'd preferr someone a little more hard hitting than the MAA, like a Highwayman.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Hannibal Rex posted:

Not enough stress management. Replace the Vestal with a Crusader, and you should be good to go. PD works well with the Flagellant's Reclaim, though. I'd preferr someone a little more hard hitting than the MAA, like a Highwayman.

I could see using the crusader as a beefy brick of healing and stress healing instead of a vestal working. You wouldn't need to protect her with the MAA. My main reason for using the MAA was to abuse the riposte on the baron and for guarding. You could do something like Crusader-MAA-HWM-Hellion? Hellion can reach out and touch whatever she wants and gets a frontal double stun as well when it's opportune. The Crusader could also holy lance while the MAA protects and buffs, or you can have the HWM in position 4 to start since he'll likely go before the crusader, have him duelist advance and basically alternate position between the two. The composition seems flexible enough to get the job done, and it's actually quite beefy. The ripostes between the HWM and MAA would make short work of the baron as well.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Plague Doctors are female?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Yeah, its a little hard to tell because of her outfit. But in one of the descriptions they use 'she'.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

precision posted:

Plague Doctors are female?

yeah it's most visible in the Affliction/Virtue art

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
That comp hasn't got enough healing. Flag is a great healer and a stress healer for everyone else, but you need a a Crusader to stress heal the Flag. PD works great to remove bleed & blight, and only the Supplicants are really resistant to stun.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
If anyone wants to be added to my Radiant mode campaign, I recruited a bunch of new heroes. Not likely I'll dismiss any of them, I'm happy with the roster. I'm at Week 145+ right now, just finished the Baron quest.

Available heroes (edited):

3 Flagellants

2 Arbalests

1 Bounty Hunter

1 Hellion

1 Grave Robber

1 Vestal

Soothing Vapors added as a Crusader.

Internet Kraken, no friggin' idea why you aren't on my roster yet, we should fix that. Also, Lord of Hats would be a solid name for a Grave Robber. And Hannibal Rex sounds like a killer name for a BH, too.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jul 1, 2017

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if nobody else volunteers id like to be a hellion :twisted:

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Jedah posted:

And Hannibal Rex sounds like a killer name for a BH, too.

...hm.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Put me in, coach.

I'd like to be a Bounty Hunter, one of my favorite classes overall.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Haha, BH was the first hero that came to mind, but please pick whatever you'd like.

Here's eonwe:

Wizard Styles, you got it, I'll add ya.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Wizard Styles:

I'll try to lock in some good quirks soon.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Nice, Fated. Now all I need to do is contract rabies to really turn it on.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Jedah posted:

Soothing Vapors, you strike me as a Crusader type, maybe?

Mostly useless, but capable of being awesome once in a blue moon when the stars align exactly right? I am definitely a Crusader

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
-rabid dog makes Flagellant bleed
-Blighted giant crits Flagellant with a tree for full HP (of course)
-blood tick kills Flagellant

Yeah okay game, just gently caress my poo poo up.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Internet Kraken posted:

-rabid dog makes Flagellant bleed
-Blighted giant crits Flagellant with a tree for full HP (of course)
-blood tick kills Flagellant

Yeah okay game, just gently caress my poo poo up.

rip

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Jedah posted:

Haha, BH was the first hero that came to mind, but please pick whatever you'd like.

BH's great for me, I just wanted to respond with an appropriate reply. Take me to DD4, if I last that long.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Soothing Vapors posted:

Mostly useless, but capable of being awesome once in a blue moon when the stars align exactly right? I am definitely a Crusader
Crusader recently saved me during the Fanatic fight, Bulwark of Faith kept him alive and tanky, and he was able to everybody off Death's Door with Inspiring Cry.

I really like Crusader, especially when he's stunning Bloodsuckerss.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Does the Fanatic only show up on week's where you get the town event with him? That'd be really dumb but I haven't seen him once despite sending out tons of infected parties.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Internet Kraken posted:

Does the Fanatic only show up on week's where you get the town event with him? That'd be really dumb but I haven't seen him once despite sending out tons of infected parties.

It's a random chance for him to be in the dungeon -- any dungeon -- when you have cursed allies in your party. When he's in the dungeon, you will know when it starts.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Jedah posted:

Crusader recently saved me during the Fanatic fight, Bulwark of Faith kept him alive and tanky, and he was able to everybody off Death's Door with Inspiring Cry.

I really like Crusader, especially when he's stunning Bloodsuckerss.

hell yes best color scheme too

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I'd like to be a grave robber. I love their asthetic tbh.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Panfilo posted:

I mean that's kind of the point, it is meant to be this long gauntlet you run. It is meant to be completed in 2 or 3 runs (you can do it in 1 if you are persistent/lucky).

It being the point doesn't make it any more fun to have less and less control over the poo poo all the characters on your roster do in a game whose gameplay already consists entirely of gambling, and I'm on trip #5 right now with yet another locked door to open. I'm not sure how you're doing it in 2 without looking up a map or throwing away all the loot you get that you need to pay off the inevitable stress and quirk tax.

Most of the set trinkets I've found so far haven't been anything I'd use over the usuals, and some of mine also got stolen by the shrieker substantially before week 40, which happened after the patch that said it made the event only possible after week 40 :thumbsup: it's a champion level quest and it triggered when my highest level characters consisted of two level 4s.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why don't you go recruit some jesters about it!!!

i did the corvid quest for the first time recently; its first move was to critically peck my healer down to Death's Door and inflict bleed, which i found hilarious. i was spoiled on it and knew that i just had to survive to round 5, otherwise i would have been rather annoyed

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So I assume the jolly violin pirate does something awful you leave him alive in the front row? I saw like 4 of them on my cove run but when they kept trying to move forward I got afraid and moved them back before they got a chance to do something.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Does it seem like the rate that bad quirks lock in has increased? It's feeling like daring to take someone on a single mission without removing a bad quirk first has a 2/3 chance to lock it in. After my very first mission, 5 out of the 9 negative quirks on the team locked in. It's getting really loving annoying and I don't remember it being anywhere this frequent on my original darkest run.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I'd like to be a grave robber. I love their asthetic tbh.

You were one of my first heroes, I went with Abomination. But the GR is extremely badass, I love their look as well. We can switch, I don't get to use the Abom as often these days since Flagellant is a jerk about it.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Make me a flagellant Jedah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Internet Kraken posted:

So I assume the jolly violin pirate does something awful you leave him alive in the front row? I saw like 4 of them on my cove run but when they kept trying to move forward I got afraid and moved them back before they got a chance to do something.

They move to the back row and inflict Horror on your team. That's about it. Of all the Champion-specific enemies, he's the least threatening, particularly if you bring a stress healer and abuse Pelagic Guardian's uniqueness as being the only small enemy that won't trigger stall stress.