Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Addamere posted:

what exactly is the plausible purpose behind an 'arms race' in a race that has already been won several times over by both sides

i mean why do you need more weapons than enough to kill everyone several times over i dont get it are we trying to just keep going til we can literally planet buster the earth to bits?

Well an arms race is generally good for the economy in the short term. But basically its the spoils of government contracts going to defense contractors that by pure coincidence have made large campaign contributions and lobbied a whole lot.

Republicans have completely forgotten how to actually govern and (just like their big donors) only know how to extract wealth, so what should be this honeymoon period with congressional majority + presidency + SCOTUS just isn't working because everyone is just so loving greedy that spoils of the election victory have to come before they'd consider anything else. Everyone in the GOP is trying to hard to get their hands in the cookie jar all at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

EDIT: double post FAKE NEWS

TRUMP

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thanks friend

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

eonwe posted:

piss tape is real

that's all a dying from cancer boy wants to hear before his healthcare is stripped away from him

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lastgirl posted:

that's all a dying from cancer boy wants to hear before his healthcare is stripped away from him

if i could have the piss tape or healthcare i dont know what id choose

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

It means they've wasted so much time on their evil healthcare plan that they're running out of time to do literally anything

Republicans control everything but Obama: get everything they pass vetoed

Republicans control everything, period: do absolutely nothing for 9 months minimum

Honestly impressive, will never get over it/cease laughing about it

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

It means they've wasted so much time on their evil healthcare plan that they're running out of time to do literally anything

They haven't done anything in years. Why start now?

Also, that August recess is important for fundraising and town halls -- ah, yes, stay in Washington, by all means.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

quote:

“Whether it be evolution or the argument about global warming, we don’t want teachers to be afraid to converse about such things,” state Sen. Jeff Raatz (R-Centerville), a supporter of the resolution, told Frontline.

He said as he burned non creationist science books.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Even they miss Obama because at least then they had an excuse for nothing happening

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Nichael posted:

I love that the Trump family has tentacles in loving everything, including Marvel and Bethesda software lol

See I KNEW that FO:NV was the right game to play in these days of Trump. Its literally training for future survival.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

everyday im living im cheatin death and trump :guinness:

eonwe posted:

yer no gaun tae git oan o em so pick wisely imo

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zOFAD6e9Bk

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Enemies of greatness because freedom??

remind dragon age the decesnt great form pf patriotic

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

:reddit:

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Nichael posted:

Enemies of greatness because freedom??

A good thing to put on America's headstone

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
What the gently caress is up with that tilted wall behind him or is he leaning I'm getting disoriented gahhh

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nuclearmonkee posted:

A good thing to put on America's headstone

and i salute it everyday but it's cardboard ha ha ha

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

What the gently caress is up with that tilted wall behind him or is he leaning I'm getting disoriented gahhh

tilted wall greatest form of probiotic

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I've gone FULL CUCK for Mark Zuck!!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

MaxxBot posted:

nice dude!!!!

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Crime rate had been climbing up until the mid 90s, then started declining.

I wonder if we put a lot of our aggression into internet activities... granted, a lot of crime is born of poverty, but there's also crime just because people are bored.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

hes doing it from his attic. one of my cousins had his bedroom in the top floor of his house and it had walls like that

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

hes in an attic cos thats where you put old worn out stuffed shirts

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

no offense to cumshitters cousin

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Looks like a roof with skylights... odd place to hang pictures.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

punchymcpunch posted:

hes in an attic cos thats where you put old worn out stuffed shirts

woah a little rude don't you think?

where's your

are you an enemies of greatness because freedom?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Evil_Greven posted:

Crime rate had been climbing up until the mid 90s, then started declining.

I wonder if we put a lot of our aggression into internet activities... granted, a lot of crime is born of poverty, but there's also crime just because people are bored.

partially has to do with the fact that we stopped putting lead in gasoline & breaking everyone's brains

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i still hope myspace tom runs as a spoiler canddate against zuck. freindster ceo as his vp

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

All the people who got rejected from the patent office will finally have their revenge.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

high five!

t o o
s l o w

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

MaxxBot posted:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

cumshitter posted:

i still hope myspace tom runs as a spoiler canddate against zuck. freindster ceo as his vp

:pray:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Nichael posted:

woah a little rude don't you think?

where's your

are you an enemies of greatness because freedom?

ron silver played him in a movie and it was a p dece movie imo

hollywood ruined u dersh

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

eonwe posted:

probably take the piss tape tbh, whatever healthcare you get in the current administration will just be stripped in the next one for the rest of your life, once you've seen the piss tape its with u forever

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

obama's deepstate killed mass effect andomeda's DLC

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Just saw a house centipede scurrying around on the wall, guess that's why my spider bros from the last few years never came back this summer. They're all long since eaten :( Time to relocate the jumping spider bro who hangs out by my window eating stinkbugs before he gets killed

House centipedes are just insanely prodigious killing machines

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Just saw a house centipede scurrying around on the wall, guess that's why my spider bros from the last few years never came back this summer. They're all long since eaten :( Time to relocate the jumping spider bro who hangs out by my window eating stinkbugs before he gets killed

House centipedes are just insanely prodigious killing machines

James Hodgkinson was.... a centipede??

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

we made tom perez chairman of the DNC to keep this guy in the dems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

An Apple A Gay posted:

are you serious

• Locked thread