Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent Boogeyman
Feb 17, 2005

"This cannot POSSIBLY be good. . ."
Oh man, my first Fiesta run and my first two classes are Monk and Berserker. At least they play well together in the long run, so there's that. Something tells me I'm going to be hitting troubled waters soon though. Has anyone thought about doing something like this for Bravely Default / Bravely Second? I actually did something pretty much exactly like a FF5 Fiesta for both and they turned out amazingly fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Dr. Psychobabble posted:

Second Fiesta, second run.
The first run I skipped Omega and Shinryu, but this time I want to give them a try.
I'm going for Omega right now. Problem is, I'm significantly lacking disabling abilities for Omega.
My party is Black Mage / Time Wizard / Ninja / Chemist.
Last one is the key, of course, but other than Kiss of Blessing to disable Omega's worst attacks, but I don't have Golem to buffer his powerful hits or the reliable Blink.
For damage I know I can use the Black Mage with the aid of some reflects, or the Ninja with their own Kiss of Blessing, a couple of dragon potions and 2 or more Turtle Soups on Omega.
But I have no clue how to keep people alive. The downside of the KoB is that Omega gets REALLY fast. I can renew KoB on the Ninja for the blink effect and have one or two party members using !Image. But that means I have less !Mixing going on.
Am I missing something obvious?

Haste and slow are important. I don't know if slow has a duration or not, but you should be able to bounce at least one slow onto Omega if you prep your wonder rod for reflect. Everyone has flame rings and !black or !mix as sub abilities, use fire magic for healing, dragon's kiss prevents encircle I think. Elemental mixes are important.

Or just use the broken beserking mix on omega and hope you can survive his attacks. :getin:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Slow doesn't have a duration, but good luck getting it through Omega's insane level and magic evasion. Thankfully, you don't really need to, because a Chemist can make herself immune to all attacks except Wave Cannon, which is never fatal.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Samuel Clemens posted:

Slow doesn't have a duration, but good luck getting it through Omega's insane level and magic evasion. Thankfully, you don't really need to, because a Chemist can make herself immune to all attacks except Wave Cannon, which is never fatal.

Wave cannon deals 50% of your maximum life each hit.

So if you're at 50% or less life, it is absolutely fatal.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Don't be at less than 50% health then. :v:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
The problem with Omega without berserking him is that if you turtle soup him, he will heal himself for 9999 hp every time he casts the fire beam spell. And you have to reflect Thundaga off at least one person. Though a 4 person reflect is going to do more damage it might be easier with time and Black alive and two zombies reflected so once you get your setup done you can use quick to xpotion both while black Thundaga reflects. You could even give black !drink to save on mix ingredients.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Great news: having a run with a chemist.

Bad news: having 2 more chemists.

Such a huge resource hogging ordeal. I could have triple crowned, but my heart just wasn't in it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
the discord notification makes it even better

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kashuno posted:

the discord notification makes it even better

Dammit Magnus

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Serene Dragon posted:

Summoner can only equip knives and rods, so it's wonder rod only for them.
Oh. Now that I look closer at it Caves of Narshe looks wrong about a lot of the equipment.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Nasgate posted:

The problem with Omega without berserking him is that if you turtle soup him, he will heal himself for 9999 hp every time he casts the fire beam spell.

Elements that you absorb already ignore defense, so no, it's still only about ~1500 healing from reflected Atomic Rays. :eng101:

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

I'm trying to kill omega, and everything I have read says I should be able to kill him, but I just keep getting destroyed. I'm playing gba version and have Berserker/time/blue/chemist. I've gotten to the point where I mix everyone with dragon kiss, have mighty guard up, and am keeping everyone healed. Then Omega just decides to do a few attacks in a row and wipes me out. Is there anything I can be doing different?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

There's really no need to keep everyone alive. Just choose one killer (probably your Time Mage) and mix them into godhood.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

:marc:

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

gatesealer posted:

I'm trying to kill omega, and everything I have read says I should be able to kill him, but I just keep getting destroyed. I'm playing gba version and have Berserker/time/blue/chemist. I've gotten to the point where I mix everyone with dragon kiss, have mighty guard up, and am keeping everyone healed. Then Omega just decides to do a few attacks in a row and wipes me out. Is there anything I can be doing different?

Time can solo omega with quickleak. It's kind of cheap, but it works.

Rebelle Winter
Jun 21, 2015
Success!

This party was brutal through world 1 (BST was my earth job so I could only use THF until then anyway) and then it was easy street for the rest of the game thanks to THF generating tons of gil and SAM throwing that ton of gil at stuff.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

gatesealer posted:

Omega also counters most attacks. That's where the missiles/encircle/a third attack I can't remember comes from.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Elements that you absorb already ignore defense, so no, it's still only about ~1500 healing from reflected Atomic Rays. :eng101:

It definitely changed how much he absorbed on the Mobile version. Need a :dice: emote for Matrix

I hate being wrong and right at the same time with this game.

Dr. Psychobabble
Jun 14, 2009
Thanks for the various pieces of advice on how to defeat Omega!
But I decided to gamble on a brute force "strategy", and just kept restarting (sometimes with the ever-useful Return) until I was able to beat it.
I went for a berserker Omega. I got the Black Mage all the buffs and then kept casting Quick followed by two all-party Thundagas. I had to manage without any dragon potions because everybody else just HAD to be on full revive-healing duty (even the Black Mage tossing a simple Phoenix Down as one of the Quick actions).
I love that the Fiesta made me miss having a Bard, of all things.

Onwards to Shinryu.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Nasgate posted:

It definitely changed how much he absorbed on the Mobile version. Need a :dice: emote for Matrix

I hate being wrong and right at the same time with this game.

It's a pinned message for a reason. :colbert:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Gilgabot wanted to give me power. Its last years "the run" but maybe better. Not sure if time mage is more power overall than mystic knight. Of course, Gilgabot couldn't give me mystic knight, cause he hasnt in 30+ runs so why start now.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Agent Boogeyman posted:

Oh man, my first Fiesta run and my first two classes are Monk and Berserker. At least they play well together in the long run, so there's that. Something tells me I'm going to be hitting troubled waters soon though. Has anyone thought about doing something like this for Bravely Default / Bravely Second? I actually did something pretty much exactly like a FF5 Fiesta for both and they turned out amazingly fun.

I would like to at both of those games some day, and a community challenge like this would give me a great incentive to do so.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

It's a pinned message for a reason. :colbert:

I'm a glutton for punishment.
Exhibit A

Already said a bit how I did it. Easily the only challenging boss this run.
Exhibit B

Ashamed I took a day to realize that I could just !image spam with one sacrificial mixer. Fuma Shuriken was my main damage, but it was only a matter of time.

Exhibit C

I ended the game at level 41 on most party members.
Follow-up picture of me before Exdeath.

Ignore my volume slider while I re-figured out how to screenshot.

And finally a picture of me dunking NED into the dumbster.

Between haste, dragon defense, dragon kiss, and Goliath tonic I was reminded of the excalipoor Gilgamesh fight.

And speaking of Gilgamesh and Excalipoor, I think I beat him too fast with my hasted black magic spam. I never got Excalipoor and Gilgamesh never showed up in the void to fight or help me against Necron.

I'm thinking maybe a no750 run next since I think I peaked in terms of good 750 jobs.

Another Butt for the Butt pile!

Another Brave Blade unnecessarily acquired!

Another Butt Brave enough to live and tell his tale!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Did about four hours of streaming/recording tonight, starting off our Classic run. Not many viewers but we're doing it for the experience (we were going to co-op the run regardless).

White Mage / Thief / Red Mage / Freelancer at the end of the Ancient Library. We got there at about level 11, got to the boss, and promptly wiped from a single Gale Cut. Cue five levels of grinding.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I didn't know you could get Freelancer in Classic.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

You use Freelancer in an unclaimed job slot. We haven't hit Earth yet.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I could have sworn Classic required you to unlock all jobs at the beginning (to emulate the way FF1 did it), but I can't find any reference to it in the rules section. Maybe RK changed it at some point.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Samuel Clemens posted:

I could have sworn Classic required you to unlock all jobs at the beginning (to emulate the way FF1 did it), but I can't find any reference to it in the rules section. Maybe RK changed it at some point.

Both of my previous attempts with Classic had all of the jobs listed from the beginning.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Both of us were fairly certain Classic followed the Natural rules for that. We are fairly regularly in contact with RevenantKioku though so we'll ask for clarification just in case.

We did end up job fairing away Monk and rolled Thief instead, though, and threw an extra ten bucks in the charity pot on top of that.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Or just use the broken beserking mix on omega and hope you can survive his attacks. :getin:
Note that with Ninja you can just put !Image on several characters and any berserked boss will never hit you.

e: If you don't have white mage or ninja you can essentially do this trick anyway by using the unequip glitch with the mirage vest. Apparently changing around what weapons you have in combat resets the vest's image.

FreeKillB fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 1, 2017

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Rebelle Winter posted:

Success!

This party was brutal through world 1 (BST was my earth job so I could only use THF until then anyway) and then it was easy street for the rest of the game thanks to THF generating tons of gil and SAM throwing that ton of gil at stuff.

Counted.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Pointless trivia of the day: The money counter does actually go past 1 million Gil.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Samuel Clemens posted:

Pointless trivia of the day: The money counter does actually go past 1 million Gil.
lol if you didn't know that from your quadzerker run :black101:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Free/BER/SER/KER complete!

Level 41 on everyone but Butz (I named him to do the Pre-Run Run then ran out of time) who hit 42. I had to leave the Void three times (first time I had no cottages when I hit the castle, second time I realized I forgot the lamp and ran out of hi-potions, third time I went to get the third protect ring I forgot and farm elixirs).

Had to exhaust Rugman to get to Istory for the Titan Axe, Aegis #2, and more protect rings.

Freelancer meant I could at least put on the thief gloves to vaguely help knifing Aegis Shields #3 and #4 so I could tank Almagests. Also the Muramasa. Butz spent the entirety of the final fight just throwing elixers, other restoratives, and Hasting the field (occasionally rubbing the Lamp when time was had)

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
So, first time using a Chemist. I got that, Dragoon (boo), Ninja (yay) and Time Mage (at this point, whatever). Anyway, I never really bothered using Chemists because ugh farming and ugh learning all the mixes and Bards can win me the game anyway, so why put so much effort into it? I will now, however, because the rest of the team kiiiiinda could need some support to make me not loathe myself at points.

Big question as I'm nearing the end of W1: 50 Turtle Shells are a good number to shoot for from various sources. I assume that's still not considered overkill even with my team? Also, Dark Matter. I am sure I can get those from Prototypes using clever mixing and/or Lightning Scrolls (with the Time Mage, maybe), but what's the best way? Should I bother? I'd really like to just eradicate the Crystals with four death potions and not set up fire immunity + images + whatever else, but if it's too much of a bother with the Prototypes, then I guess I will do that. Thoughts?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The other relevant W2 bosses weak to Instant Death are Dragon Pod and Boatmesh (and Enkidu but I think killing Boatmesh immediately would nullify Enkidu coming in), so it depends on whether you want to fight two extra Prototypes to bother with those bosses' gimmicks.

Also, you don't necessarily need to kill all four crystal seals with instant death. Both Firaga and Aeraga can be reflected, and you've got Float so Earth Crystal should be trivial as well. If you're going to grind for Reflect Rings anyway, you may only want to instant death the Water Crystal, and of course you could always just damage rush it with Drain Kisses and physicals instead.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

yay triple crown!

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

IIRC, Boatgamesh is vulnerable to Berserk as well, so you can cheese him even without a Dark Matter.

That said, a Time Mage with !Throw completely trivialises World 2 anyway so you know, whatever.

Dwall
Jun 14, 2016

Another Brave Blade. I clearly need less free time.

Also, I just now noticed the direction Bartz is facing in that first picture, and it's like he's not even paying attention to Exdeath's big villain speech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

So Thief, Berserker, and Beast Master. What do I do with this? What Earth crystal job should I hope to get to carry me through the game?

• Locked thread