Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/JJRedick/status/881242874263851008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jota posted:

I like it

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Is sauce Castillo still on that roster, how do I not confuse the two

Wouldn't be surprised if he isn't for much longer, especially with Furkan coming over this summer.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Yeah I don't think the Rockets can beat the Warriors $-wise, but I could be wrong.

https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/status/881240741183242240

The post you quoted also made me realize that Always Sunny has forever tainted the word "implication" for me

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

So does jj start for the 76ers?

...Yes

Who else is playing SG for that team? Timothe Luwauwu ?

It's gonna line up like
PG: Fultz
SG: Red dick
SF: Covington
PF: Simmons
C: Embiid

The back half of the roster is up in the air because of free agency, but Richaun holmes will be the backup 4 as 5 to make up for Okafor, who will be their scorer off the bench but play with the starters plenty, Bayless will probably split around, Luwauwu and Stauskas will get minutes somewhere

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jul 1, 2017

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

All we need now is for a new Covington deal to get done, preferably heavily front-loaded, and this will be a perfect offseason.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

I love this move.

Redick's the one that can make shots.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Dejan Bimble posted:

...Yes

Who else is playing SG for that team? Timothe Luwauwu ?

possibly Bayless.

edit: but probably not.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

I've never seen a tweet get that many like and retweets so quickly. It's like watching a slot machine in Vegas get stuck while spinning the cherries and gold bars.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
One year? Huh. Didn't see that happening.

Please, God, let Embiid stay healthy, that 76ers team looks fun as hell on paper.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Clippers are loving ANNIHILATED, holy poo poo. Shoulda fired Doc.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Reddick can really shoot and do nothing else, Stauskas can shoot a little and handle a little and be an emergency PG. Their games aren't very similar.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Im sad that the Clippers turned out like this. Oh well...

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
If Redick starts, I guess that means Saric comes off the bench? I'd like to think that Fultz will start from day 1.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I've never seen a tweet get that many like and retweets so quickly. It's like watching a slot machine in Vegas get stuck while spinning the cherries and gold bars.

apparently every woj tweet last night was like that

that's my favorite part of new twitter

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Lou Williams can take JJ's minutes and production for the Clippers. Obviously he isn't as good as JJ at shooting but hes not bad at all and can do a few other things

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

dokmo posted:

Reddick can really shoot and do nothing else, Stauskas can shoot a little and handle a little and be an emergency PG. Their games aren't very similar.

they look alike though

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

NotWearingPants posted:

If Redick starts, I guess that means Saric comes off the bench? I'd like to think that Fultz will start from day 1.

Yeah, but Saric was always coming off the bench anyway.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

Yeah that was probably always going to be the case.

Saric and Simmons shouldn't be on the floor together for too many minutes, unless Ben got quicker and can defend better than I think he's going to

e: I'm very interested in what this means for Stauskas and Bayless. You have Reddick coming over for a year, and then Korkmaz, and TLC can also play minutes at the 2 and are probably more in the long term plans

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 1, 2017

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

9 million seems very low for Iggy.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

The starting lineup will most likely be
Fultz
Redick
RoCo
Simmons
Embiid

with Saric putting in 25-30 mpg as the sixth man.

They probably have to make some decisions with the roster with regard to Stauskas and Anderson and whether or not Bolden comes over this year.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/MarkelleF/status/881246076002545664

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/881246787662745600

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
The 76ers core is very exciting hopefully they can stay healthy. I don't see how that isn't a playoff team with all the quality additions.

Additionally who is TLC? I have no idea and none of the players on the Sixers are good enough to have earned nicknames yet so I'm extra confused.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/881248082800902145

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Libertine posted:

The 76ers core is very exciting hopefully they can stay healthy. I don't see how that isn't a playoff team with all the quality additions.

Additionally who is TLC? I have no idea and none of the players on the Sixers are good enough to have earned nicknames yet so I'm extra confused.

Tlc is a very good r&b group

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Libertine posted:

25th pick last year - Timothe Luwawu Cabarot

Was projected to play in the G league and surprised everyone by making the roster and actually looking decent as a marginal 3&D wing by the end of the season

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
So who doesn't have a chance to make the playoffs in the East? Brooklyn and Orlando?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/881249660614057984

huh?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

see thread title

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

efb

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'm phone posting, but I just saw on Rotoworld that the Pacers are vying for George Hill. Yeah that might have been nice before we burned the bridge with PG. A Teague/Hill/PG/T. Young/Turner starting lineup with Lance as 6th man would have been fun. Expensive, but fun.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Blind Pineapple posted:

So who doesn't have a chance to make the playoffs in the East? Brooklyn and Orlando?

I would say Pacers, but it looks like Simon is telling Pritchard to try his damnedest to put together an 8 seed.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Metapod posted:

Tlc is a very good r&b group

Literally had to put a condom over my eye to read this post. I'm too old.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/881250125741477888

make it another package deal with earl

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i'm not really sure what a shumpert to houston trade would possibly involve? I guess Ryan Anderson?

edit: oh it would probably be the non guaranteed contracts which are basically a TPE

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/881250380453093376

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Blind Pineapple posted:

Mario Hezonja is going to blow up this year, he'll become Tracy McGrady with aggression and a 40% outside stroke, game breaking talent, dunk people to death. Aaron Gordon will translate his dunk powers and become Shawn Kemp with better dietary and sexual habits. Here they come y'all can't be stopped

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Blind Pineapple posted:

forget the 8 seed, who can we eliminate as a contender for the 3 seed??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

forget the 8 seed, who can we eliminate as a contender for the 3 seed??

E: never mind

• Locked thread