Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Addamere posted:

on the other hand have you considered auto attacking the fizz at some point??

i'm talking about me playing as fizz, the only time i was mid against fizz in the last two years (no hyperbole) i was malzahar which felt grossly unfair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have never played the fish but i dislike him because every few patches or so he gets buffed or everyone else gets nerfed or some streamer does a thing and then suddenly he is in every game for weeks at a time and i really want to ban him to keep him off of my team but in the past you know sometimes i did not even get a ban and now in the post escalator future i have a ban but i really want to make sure yasuo is banned so i am at an impasse

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Addamere posted:

i have never played the fish but i dislike him because every few patches or so he gets buffed or everyone else gets nerfed or some streamer does a thing and then suddenly he is in every game for weeks at a time and i really want to ban him to keep him off of my team but in the past you know sometimes i did not even get a ban and now in the post escalator future i have a ban but i really want to make sure yasuo is banned so i am at an impasse

fizz is currently free and yasuo is no longer free so make of that what you will, stay safe out there

incidentally i've only ever chosen yasuo as a ban when i want to make sure my team won't pick him though now i'm considering banning lee sin so that i won't loving pick him

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is why i ban yasuo too, yes

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

guts and bolts posted:

maybe because you're expected to be a babysitter for a potential moron? but just mute everyone and do your best, who cares.

You have no money and levels even when you kick total rear end, you're expected to do a super boring and risky job babysitting vision that your team may just ignore, and even if you play amazingly you sometimes just lose because someone else on the team was dumb.

At least with mid/top you can just get a billion kills and murder everyone when your team is dumb.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

the biggest drawback to playing support is usually when someone is performing inadequately you are just like ugh this loving guy and you focus on your own lane but if you are playing support and you are watching your marksman or woman miss like 50% of the cs it slowly saps all will to play the game from you. it takes a very strong heart to main support because of this

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
That's why my highest WR supports are carries; vel'koz, sona and if I played them I assume brand and zyra.
You can build supportive if your adc is good, if not go full ap and have yourself a good time.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I'm pretty sure the reason people don't like playing support is because God help you if your lane loses. The ADC will constantly blame the support for anything and everything that goes wrong. ADC mains are very frequently absolutely insufferable. Then if the lane does well they take all the credit because "lol I'm 20/0/4 get carried nerds." Yeah sorry but your 1/3/40 support probably did more to win the game than you did.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
  • your success/failure early on is almost entirely determined by if someone who is not you succeeds
  • lowest gold income
  • if you ever get a kill, rabidsquid will yell at you for weeks about how he totally could have gotten it regardless of whether he was in your game
  • people complaining that you don't have Redemption when you haven't even bought boots
  • literally your job to go into unwarded areas
  • Draven players are unbelievably stupid and 70% of them voted for Trump
  • constantly have to lane against Caitlyn
  • supporting Ezreal is THE WORST

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
  • any time you go for an extra auto attack because their ADC mispositioned, their teamcomp is Pantheon/Rengar/TF and all of them have six kills

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
i like playing support, its chill when farming isnt my job, just use my aa's on champs. if the adc gets pissy after something goes wrong, a simple "poo poo happens" makes everything fine 90% of the time

after that new honor system every game is just weirdly nice and people are nice to supports

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

guts and bolts posted:

it's also stuff like - holy smokes i'm overextended and i haven't warded since Clinton was president, their Rek'Sai is 7/0 and my only items are four Doran's Rings, oh goddddd here comes the gank --

and I'm safe, it's like it never happened, notevenclosebaby.dunk/key

like yeah she's ranged but i think syndra is harder to play than fizz is, especially as a bad

last i knew syndra had one of the worst win rates of any champ in the game in bronze

wodin posted:

You have no money and levels even when you kick total rear end, you're expected to do a super boring and risky job babysitting vision that your team may just ignore, and even if you play amazingly you sometimes just lose because someone else on the team was dumb.

At least with mid/top you can just get a billion kills and murder everyone when your team is dumb.

someone on your team making a game unwinnable isnt really just a support problem but for some reason people think they can win the game via sheer damage, which, maybe, but you probably would have won that game from playing support too if you're legitimately able to 1v9

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 1, 2017

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

datajugend posted:

after that new honor system every game is just weirdly nice and people are nice to supports

I'm finding this too, and it's great. Game's basically a hugbox now. I screw up in lane, apologize, everyone is like "it's cool we can still do it!" all trying to get that "stays cool" honor. Obviously we're only a week or so in, but I'm tentatively ready to say...good job Riot?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Yeah, it wont last.

HotS has a similar after game nominating screen and the people in that game are like 100% more toxic than I've ever seen anyone be in LoL.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Difference being that they've attached rewards to this honor system

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah in HotS that screen is literally only there because Overwatch has it and is basically pointless other than a small account XP bonus. Riot tying honor to key shards and loot drops might actually make it stick.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

HotS has a lot of "Hey Overwatch did it well so let's slap it in HotS and see what happens."

Worked with chests and that's about it.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

kingcobweb posted:

• your success/failure early on is almost entirely determined by if someone who is not you succeeds Possibly true: It's also the easiest role to dominate the other team's role because it's the least preferred role
  • lowest gold income True
  • if you ever get a kill, rabidsquid will yell at you for weeks about how he totally could have gotten it regardless of whether he was in your game True
  • people complaining that you don't have Redemption when you haven't even bought boots True only if you go some pussy support
  • literally your job to go into unwarded areas True, but just play Maokai
  • Draven players are unbelievably stupid and 70% of them voted for Trump 100% True
  • constantly have to lane against Caitlyn True
  • supporting Ezreal is THE WORST TrueTrueTrueTrueTrueTrue

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Also mark my words on this, Kane is going to be played as a roaming midlaner too, and everyone is going to suffer him going 0/4 in 10 minutes every single time

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

kingcobweb posted:

• your success/failure early on is almost entirely determined by if someone who is not you succeeds
  • lowest gold income
  • if you ever get a kill, rabidsquid will yell at you for weeks about how he totally could have gotten it regardless of whether he was in your game
  • people complaining that you don't have Redemption when you haven't even bought boots
  • literally your job to go into unwarded areas
  • Draven players are unbelievably stupid and 70% of them voted for Trump
  • constantly have to lane against Caitlyn
  • supporting Ezreal is THE WORST
Feel like we can pull the Season 7 thread title out of this

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i definitely could have gotten that kill

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

RealFoxy posted:

Feel like we can pull the Season 7 thread title out of this

Season 7: Support Players Still Hate Themselves

Support player here.

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011
OCE has had honour for a while and people are still as toxic as ever.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
oce, where you call your mates "cunts" and you call cunts "mate"

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Sometimes playing support is good though http://plays.tv/video/5958e58197e6abc686/tornado-placement

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teikanmi posted:

oce, where you call your mates "cunts" and you call cunts "mate"

look man that kiwi who went moredekaiser in tyool2017 deserved everything anyone said at him

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

if any one here poo poo talks mordekaiser here ever again they can take it up with me in the streets. there is an abandoned basketball court and you better believe i got shots like derozan.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
Mordekaiser is bad in the Michael Jackson power glove kind of way

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

pog boyfriend posted:

if any one here poo poo talks mordekaiser here ever again they can take it up with me in the streets. there is an abandoned basketball court and you better believe i got shots like derozan.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
you belong in a King Tut exhibit

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

This one too http://plays.tv/video/59595869236130a024/love-you?from=user

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jul 2, 2017

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Janna sucks and is lame!!!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Teikanmi posted:

Janna sucks and is lame!!!

*holds up a mirror*

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i am bad and gay

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

America, King Tut, the LCS, and Yahoo. All dead.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
(a series of youths without shirt all chant stage patter before jumping over my head for tips) God I hate the mobility meta.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Work Friend Keven posted:

(a series of youths without shirt all chant stage patter before jumping over my head for tips) God I hate the mobility meta.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
when are they gonna make a smug anime girl champion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The new champion is just that

• Locked thread