Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Reminder that the woke take factory is a result of the desires of white editors and all the diversity hires they made are getting hosed right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

yet another missing the forest for the trees in the nightmarish ideal of celebrity as anything other than exploiter of a brutally unjust and corrupt economic system that manufactures culture

something something Rihanna and Beyonce and the Kardashians transcend celebrity due to their PoC status

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

an actual dog posted:

Why are yall so loving dramatic? I'm talking from personal experience: I used to just completely ignore black guys because they were "not my type" or some poo poo and then I stopped, cause I got over my racial hangup. And lol it's been fun.

I don't think it was ever was about who's a racist or not but it does lead a lot of gay men of color to feel isolated. And what is this poo poo about consent don't be loving daft.

Lesbian Women Should Just Get Over Their Sexual Preference Hang Ups And Have Sex With Me

E: gently caress It, Lets Cut To The Chase Here: Having Any Preference That Isn't Having Sex With Me Is Hate And Oppression, You Nazi

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Not a Step posted:

Lesbian Women Should Just Get Over Their Sexual Preference Hang Ups And Have Sex With Me

E: gently caress It, Lets Cut To The Chase Here: Having Any Preference That Isn't Having Sex With Me Is Hate And Oppression, You Nazi

The second part of that article is if you are having sex with minorities you are fetishising race. Sex negative femenism gave rise to a whole brand of idpol thought that is closer to purestrain tent revival church than any actual equality movement.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lol y'all dumb as hell

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Byolante posted:

The second part of that article is if you are having sex with minorities you are fetishising race. Sex negative femenism gave rise to a whole brand of idpol thought that is closer to purestrain tent revival church than any actual equality movement.

The "All Sex is Rape" crowd was just ahead of the curve.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

an actual dog posted:

lol y'all dumb as hell

IDK man I'm not the one calling anybody with a sexual preference a bigot

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Millenials Aren't Killing The Tabletop Roleplaying Industry, And That's Bad

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
10 top reasons Tzimesce are the wokest vampires

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

gradenko_2000 posted:

Millenials Aren't Killing The Tabletop Roleplaying Industry, And That's Bad

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Fetishization Now, Fetishization Tomorrow, Fetishization Forever: The Risks PoCs Face For Dating White
i wanna get in on the ground floor celebrity trading futures if they're gonna be treated like common financial instruments

an actual dog posted:

Reminder that the woke take factory is a result of the desires of white editors and all the diversity hires they made are getting hosed right now.
saw the term "an open letter to" in the url and didn't click, but i saw a video by a youtube personality about her time at buzzfeed and she implied that their diversity hires are token as gently caress. they may very well be the absolute worst opinion website on the internet

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

get that OUT of my face posted:

i wanna get in on the ground floor celebrity trading futures if they're gonna be treated like common financial instruments

I am looking forward to the next great crash being caused by synthetic instruments that all fail en mass when Pitbull changes his vodka endorsement from voli to grey goose

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

We Hired A Bunch of Token Diverse Interns And Freelancers To Capitalize On The Woke Web, You Won't Believe What Happened Next!

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

an actual dog posted:

This is a good article. It's still worth ridiculing woke takes for being bad though, as the author does themself

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

C. Everett Koop posted:

Not Making the Persona 5 Protagonist Gay is Re-Establishing Apartheid

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Byolante posted:

IDK man I'm not the one calling anybody with a sexual preference a bigot

I specifically didn't say that lol

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

an actual dog posted:

he's right tho

an actual dog posted:

I specifically didn't say that lol

You did though

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

okay sure man

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cargo shorts aren't just ugly. They're racist.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Cargo shorts aren't just ugly. They're racist.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

"Cargo" Shorts Are Another Example Of White Supremacy Appropriating The Black Experience of Slavery

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
As Honorary Aryans, The Japanese Empire Appropriated Its Own Culture, And That's Not Okay.

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
Yas Queen: How Victoria DESTROYED The Indiabros

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jack in the Box's New Teriyaki TacoBurger is the Perfect Metaphor for Multi-Racial America

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/VICE/status/880803185019023361

the actual article wasn't too bad, but the title just fit the thread too perfectly

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Disney failed girls everywhere by not giving Moana hairy armpits.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Separating Your Color Clothes From Your Whites Is Racism (presented by Tide)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
"support locally-owned stores" is code for gentrification

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

"support locally-owned stores" is code for gentrification

I realize the spirit of the thread is dumb poo poo that doesn't make sense, but, uh, what?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Not a Step posted:

I realize the spirit of the thread is dumb poo poo that doesn't make sense, but, uh, what?

I think it could actually be argued by someone awful, low income areas often just have a gas station and fast food restaurants and poo poo like that, record shops and little boutiques and stuff open up after an area starts gentrifying.

I'm not saying I believe it or that it's accurate, I'm saying somebody could fill a couple pages arguing for it

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Because America is a hosed up place, things like lower crime and healthy local businesses mean that everyone who lives there now is about to be displaced. Eventually those local businesses will have their rent spike so they can't afford to stay there anymore and will be replaced by national chains.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Wal-Smart: Why Walmart's progressive capitalism rooted tolerance is superior to the homophobic, deplorable mom and pop bakery

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Schumer Saying the Democrats Need an Economic Message is a Sign That He's No Longer Fit to Lead Senate Dems

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
Using Uno To Teach Intersectionality And Privilege

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

an actual dog posted:

Because America is a hosed up place, things like lower crime and healthy local businesses mean that everyone who lives there now is about to be displaced. Eventually those local businesses will have their rent spike so they can't afford to stay there anymore and will be replaced by national chains.

Opening A Grocery Store In A Food Desert Is Oppression

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
New Startup Aims to Replace Opioid Epidemic With Nootropic "Epidemic"

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Why Clinton's 'Use ME Like An App' Comment Is A Sign Bernie Has Caused Her To Suffer Internalised Misogyny'

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Actually, the bourgeoisie exists as the bourgeoisie for the benefit of the working class

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mario's Sex Offender Odyssey

• Locked thread