Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

an actual dog posted:

There's a dozens of industries that amazon has waltzed into, undercut everyone, and left behind a desolate wasteland so no, Amazon getting into anime is not a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

netflix might have dumb release schedules but at least they fund anime themselves and stuff. and crunchy has issues but at least they aren't undercutting everyone and have a free option of some kind. everything ive seen about amazon's anime ventures has just seemed terrible.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

AnacondaHL posted:

So far there's nothing really special about Hina Logi, and nothing even special about the OP song, but the OP itself is a fun looking project
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5gFp2LeSng
I'm glad Satania decided to get out of the demon business and find her true calling as a magical girl.

I've got a soft spot for any opening/ending that goes the arts-n-crafts route like that, but the show itself is just kind of... there.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

anime is dying!! help! help1!!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

netflix might have dumb release schedules but at least they fund anime themselves and stuff. and crunchy has issues but at least they aren't undercutting everyone and have a free option of some kind. everything ive seen about amazon's anime ventures has just seemed terrible.

It will be the second coming of genuine fansubs.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I can't wait to watch Kakegurui on purple VHS cassettes six months after it finishes airing.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
out of severe boredom i watched Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu and its an all right action show but it does have some real impressive background art, i'll give it that

the only innovative (i assume, i haven't seen this before)thing it does is the next episode previews appearing as a vn

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxt31Ns1c70

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFIYgBgYrA0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piWbD3V2Lj8

mongols, time travel feat. abe and western gaming anime?? anime is alive again baby

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Davincie posted:

anime is dying!! help! help1!!

It's easy to help in this case, just don't pay for Amazon's anime service. If you want to watch it, torrent it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Homura and Sickle posted:

out of severe boredom i watched Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu and its an all right action show but it does have some real impressive background art, i'll give it that

the only innovative (i assume, i haven't seen this before)thing it does is the next episode previews appearing as a vn
tales of zestiria did that, kinda. isn't touken ranbu ufotable too? maybe that's just the trick they like

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
And when you really like something and have space for it, buy it. :)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sooo any idea when Netflix will let us see their new shows?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Holy poo poo, why in the world is Chio-chan of all things so well-produced

Not that I'm complaining since it's hilarious, but of all the series to have this level of care poured into it??

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Not that I'm complaining since it's hilarious, but of all the series to have this level of care poured into it??

it deserves it

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I assume that it will be so well produced to allow them the chance to have times where it is very much not.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
SYD got a drone. A motherfucking drone! Slice of life shows have to keep up!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I hope Chio-chan will be an 8-12 minute show. It will fit the chapter lengths better and not overextend the material.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

nielsm posted:

I hope Chio-chan will be an 8-12 minute show. It will fit the chapter lengths better and not overextend the material.

They could just do the thing where there's 2 stories per episode.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

netflix is my friend and will fund amagi season 2

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there's also the thing with Amazon where they aren't really licensing stuff themselves and just gladly accepting whatever shows Sentai will throw at them. hopefully HIDIVE is a stronger service next season and Sentai sends more/all their stuff there.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kakegurui Episode 1 has been fan-subbed.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

dogsicle posted:

there's also the thing with Amazon where they aren't really licensing stuff themselves and just gladly accepting whatever shows Sentai will throw at them. hopefully HIDIVE is a stronger service next season and Sentai sends more/all their stuff there.

i saw hidive getting a real good line up this season, at least for shows i want to watch this season, and they even have a handful of shows amazon picked up but are just airing them in the rest of the world outside of amerikkka

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
unless the d in project d stands for despera i dont think its anything to get excited about

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Welp so much for the idea that netflix was putting all of LWA up at once, first season only. But, now it's easy for me to watch it at last. :effort:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The Snake Eater. :blush:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/pantsuhakanaiyo/status/881278379793670144

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lol awesome

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
having watched it now kakegurui owns and is probably going to be the hit anime of the season

cast has a serious case of the tanya face

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If you want to be stepped on, Kakegurui has got you covered.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

chumbler posted:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

Well, guess I'm watching Kakegurui.

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012

having watched it now kakegurui owns and is probably going to be the hit anime of the season

cast has a serious case of the tanya face

It's really not that great.

Watch Akagi for a decent gamble anime without Kakegurui's weirdness

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

or, consider the person who has seen all the gambling anime and for whom kakegurui is good. especially over akagi, an insultingly incomplete adaptation.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Watch One Outs

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I love Fukumoto's work but I did walk away from Kaiji wishing it was hornier. Ichijou being a bishie wasn't enough.

Ichijou Did Nothing Wrong

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 2, 2017

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Watch One Outs

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Kakegurui ED is certainly something. Catchy song, though.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Personal_Nirvana posted:

It's really not that great.

Watch Akagi for a decent gamble anime without Kakegurui's weirdness

dunno why the gently caress id watch anime if i was looking for stuff w/o weirdness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

dunno why the gently caress id watch anime if i was looking for stuff w/o weirdness
It's why I regularly watch SHAFT products.

• Locked thread