Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

It is v easy to spend 30k a year on alcohol and drugs if instead of drinking a lil on Friday and Saturday you get lovely 16 hours a day erryday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I find it hard to believe someone could blow 30 grand a year or whatever it was on mostly drugs and alcohol unless you're buying only the highest quality stuff. I guess it could be goony hyperbole but still, even at my worst I was spending like 100 dollars a week on mediocre alcohol and that was much more than enough for one person.

Anyway yeah get a job, your parents are much more likely to forgive you if you fess up and are on the way to making it right rather than keep trying to hide it.

Dream goon, they are just dreams. They mean nothing and nobody cares about them.
I used to drop a 160 dollars every day on dope. Any kind of serious drug habit will make the money just loving fly out of your pocket. You got to remember that he was buying groceries as well as drinking every day and probably dropping a couple hundred every week or two for marijuana which is what I assume he meant by 'drugs' for the most part. Sounds plausible to me.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah that number is definitely plausible. Roommate in college spent 300-400 a week on weed, and no less than 150 on booze (handles and 18 packs of keystone lmfao)

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
It can vary wildly. If it's weed, and you're not a raging pothead, a thousand dollars can keep you going all year. If it's coke, you can blow a grand in a weekend.

EDIT: of course, it gets a lot more expensive if you have a bunch of stoner friends and you're the only one who buys. Trust me on this one.

Gynovore fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 30, 2017

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Sjs00 posted:

I never could watch Breaking Bad; the show was just too real. Stupid looking people doing stupid things.
Just get a job goon; poo poo people everywhere are hiring.

He probably got a liberal arts degree in some bullshit major like philosophy or 18th century literature. Unless you want to go into teaching, those types degrees are worthless for finding jobs that have anything to do with the degree. So, graduates are stuck looking for work in low level office jobs at near minimum wage.

Many millennials would rather not work at all than "start at the bottom" or do work they consider too menial or beneath them. Hence the huge number of college graduates still living at home sucking off the parental teat. Unfortunately, many parents will let them do it. At least for awhile.

SnoozeOrder
Aug 2, 2016
should've sown yourself some wild weed honestly
then you can drug deal and get that legal cannabis money (probably not if it's so rural and not a legal state)
but you failed even that

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Anton Chigurh posted:

Many millennials would rather not work at all than "start at the bottom" or do work they consider too menial or beneath them. Hence the huge number of college graduates still living at home sucking off the parental teat. Unfortunately, many parents will let them do it. At least for awhile.
Yeah this plus getting a low end job in a field they like is best for watching others, making connections, and learning whether or not they really like what they think they are going to do once they get their expensive six figure degree.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Anton Chigurh posted:

He probably got a liberal arts degree in some bullshit major like philosophy or 18th century literature. Unless you want to go into teaching, those types degrees are worthless for finding jobs that have anything to do with the degree. So, graduates are stuck looking for work in low level office jobs at near minimum wage.

drat lazy millennials just got to knock down those doors! Wait no knock on those doors!

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

with no rent or other major bills to worry about, $60k would last me and my spouse 4-5 years :psyduck:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

or start sowing oats? Fuckin, if it's really that rural...

The hardest part is getting the needle through without crumbling it to bits

kalel fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 30, 2017

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Scyantific posted:

no less than 150 on booze (handles and 18 packs of keystone lmfao)

This was me until recently with flagons of rank cider, so I saved a little extra for pork or cheese to go with it. Stuffed and seasoned pork steak is amazing with copious amounts of cider.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Sjs00 posted:

I never could watch Breaking Bad; the show was just too real. Stupid looking people doing stupid things.
Just get a job goon; poo poo people everywhere are hiring.

I made it to the 4th or 5th episode when he blows up the douche bags car 3 blocks from my dad's house.

I hung out at Clarks pet emporium in middle school.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

kfcgoon posted:

but I loving love KFC chicken

was expecting these words to be arranged differently

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Anton Chigurh posted:

Millenials is such a huge age group I think. I'm young af for example but have tons of work experience without a degree whatsoever.
I'm beginning to think that college is just a waste of time

RFC2324 posted:

I made it to the 4th or 5th episode when he blows up the douche bags car 3 blocks from my dad's house.

I hung out at Clarks pet emporium in middle school.
You sound cool you should be a zookeeper dude

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

man i really wish people would stop on the "millenials argh" train it's so teeeedious. Like five words into those posts my brain's just bloop skip to the next post, but it's inconvenient to be bored for five words is what i'm saying

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
we got an angry millenial

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Sjs00 posted:

we got an angry millenial

five words exactly gently caress

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

There are things I find insufferable that are associated with millenials (SEE: Buzzfeed. Everything about Buzzfeed.) but if someone starts going off on a rant about millenials as a group you know they're about to say some bitter old-man poo poo

Anyway we got some throwbacks today

quote:

Hi I haven't caught up with this thread yet but this thread reminded me of the monkey death feshes a while back, and that reading about orangutans being grossly mistreated breaks my heart just like any other animal. But whenever I see chimpanzees irl I do fantasize about bashing their skulls in. I don't seek out videos of primates being tortured but I do feel like jerking off if I do.
When I was younger (about 13 or so) a case made the news where a chimpanzee mistook a human baby for its own and dropped the baby to its death upon being startled. I started to wish and jerk off to the idea where the chimpanzee would be made aware that it just killed a baby and is tortured forever with guilt and physical pain. I think I just hate chimpanzees because they are so much like us in mean spiritedness but without the intelligence to do the right thing, and my hate for orangutans isn't as strong which is why I'm capable of feeling sad for then. I'm rambling because it's late I'm sorry.

how exactly do you come across a video of a primate being tortured if you're not seeking it out

quote:

Therapy goon here. My girlfriend threw my phone at me.

To preface this: After I talked to my friend things were good. She didn't flip her poo poo over anything regarding me. I wasn't ever naive enough to just believe she won't ever have a freak-out towards me anymore but I thought we had some really great progress regarding the overstepping of boundaries and general anger management. I was happy how things went, honestly. I would also occasionally chat with my friend which, objectively, I still have no idea about. I don't know why she's talking to me again. I always wanted to talk to her again but objectively, I don't understand it. Honestly, it's all kinda weird. She is. Well, anyways-

We were sitting there and watching some Netflix documentary. My phone went off and it was my friend texting, I texted back. This we had often and she (my girlfriend, lets call her J. from now on) was cool with me writing my friend. J. sometimes not-so-secretly tried to look at the screen to see what I was writing and honestly, I just let her when she did. I didn't care. I know that's probably not ok in a healthy relationship but I wouldn't mind a stranger overhearing these conversations. I also thought it's good if she can see that the conversations are harmless.

So then J. asked me in a joking manner what we "two lovers" are talking about. Let me preface what I write now with that I don't have to walk on eggshells around her, we sometimes make jokes about each other and it's ok. I make jokes about her height and she sometimes tells me she's afraid she can't help me as she "has no experience with child psychology" and all that and it's all in good fun. We can joke like that. I said to her "We're deciding on the name of our first child".

I could see it in her face right away. She got silent. This was dumb of me, I didn't really think about it. I thought about apologising but I didn't want to add extra attention to it so I didn't. Things were suddenly tense, she was fixated on the TV and quiet. I put my phone on the desk, then a few seconds later I got another message. I was mortified at this point and didn't even want to look at it. I could see her getting angry. The phone rang again. She jumped off the couch she was lying on and grabbed and squeezed my phone so hard that her knuckles were turning white and started tearing into me with an absolutely horrifying voice shaking of anger wile wildly shaking my phone in my general direction. Why I don't talk to my "white trash" (closest translation) Russian bitch. Why I don't move in with her so we can gently caress every day. How I probably hosed her when we met anyways. A few other choice things about Russia and Slavic people in general too which don't translate too well, which is almost funny considering the looks of J. and her obviously having something Slavic in her too. (Despite her name, that face just isn't typical for natives here) Also what a scumbag and dog I am for loving my friend right in front of her. It didn't even make sense.

I was frozen. I just stammered a "calm down" then my phone was already in the air, barely missing my head (I swear to god I could feel the air) and right into the living room window where it somehow just bounced off without cracking the glass and landed screen down (what else) on the stone floor. The screen was cracked somewhat but it wouldn't turn on anymore. The case was loose. She stormed off into the bedroom, slamming the door behind her full force. Then something that I can only describe as angry scream followed by crying. I collected my broken phone and got the hell out of there.

I had no idea what to do, had absolutely nothing on me except wallet, my clothes I was wearing and my broken phone so I walked to my parents. I arrived there in the evening. Thank god it's summer.

My parents were surprisingly quiet about it. I just said that I had a fight, was tired and might have to stay for a while. Not many further questions were asked, so back I was in my small and now almost empty room since all my stuff was at J.'s place. I felt so defeated, not by J. or anybody else. No, just by life. All this effort to change things, all the lucky change that actually occurred and I'd end up there again. The only distraction I had that night was a ~15 year old mp3 player with Green Day and NIN on it. I couldn't sleep and ended up pacing around the house until the sun started rising and I basically fell asleep from exhaustion. Honestly, being back in that house depressed the poo poo out of me. That yard, that small room. It made me sick to be there. It's hard to explain when you never were stuck in a place. Maybe it makes me sound pathetic but I was pretty much planning on going back the next day or the day after and have a talk.

When I woke up around noon, J. was in the kitchen with my antidepressants, which I guess was her excuse to show up. My mother let her in and apparently they had a chat. She looked tiny and like she hasn't slept at all. To cut a long story short, yeah I went back with her. She apologised for everything, explained herself and basically begged me to. She also said that she wants me to come back to "our home". This was a first. It was never ours, I was practically living there the last few months but we never really talked about living together like that permanently, it was supposed to be a thing until I get onto my own feet, even if our agreement was very vague it never was meant to be permanent. Now it's "our home" and she wants to share "her life and everything else" with me, besides a few other very touching things I don't want to repeat. It moved me, I can't lie. I do love her. She bared all, so to speak. I guess she guessed this is her only chance to get me back. She had no idea I didn't plan on leaving. I didn't tell her. I might be a loser but I'm not dumb.

On the car drive home I told her she has anger issues and needs help with them, help I can't provide, as willing as I am to support her. I told her that throwing things at me over a joke is not normal or ok. She could have injured me. I told her that she genuinely scares me sometimes, that she's not herself when she's angry and I am afraid of that person. Jokes about her steering into oncoming traffic aside I thought it was good timing because I held all cards in my hands, she was convinced I'd end things with her and she convinced me to stay. It didn't get us very far. She took it silently in stride, just agreed and apologised again and confirmed she has anger issues which is still a big thing but not that big, she did so before. She will think about "talking to someone". I'm not sure what this means but I didn't want to push her further, even though I probably should have. I just felt sorry for her. She really looked terrible and sounded very defeated. I also was tired and probably didn't look much better.

When we arrived at the condo we both would gradually thawed up and had a very nice afternoon together. Just spending time with each other. Then she brought me my antidepressants. It's kinda embarrassing, we developed this weird ritual where she'd sometimes bring me my pill and water without me asking. I wasn't comfortable with it in the beginning either and found it weird but it sort of just settled like that and I'm ok with it and even find it somewhat comforting and nice. I would never admit this if this wasn't anonymous. She can be very caring and it's just nice. After I took my pill things got weird. I just started feeling fuzzy. Warm. Like my mind goes in smaller and smaller circles. The whole world went sideways, somehow. I felt so entirely calm. I also got very tired. I tried to fight it but couldn't. It freaked me out a little, I wondered if she gave me something else for a moment but I couldn't imagine it, also those were def. my pills. I remember basically crawling into bed and she just standing at the door asking me if I already want to sleep and smiling at me, then I was already gone. I woke up at 4 AM with her curled up to me and holding my arm and I just carefully sneaked out of bed and felt super energised, like I had the best sleep of my life. It still freaks me out because I never had a side effect like that and I am a bit apprehensive. Maybe I was just overtired from not properly sleeping the night before. I don't know. I felt a bit weird for the rest of that day, rested but my mind felt a bit blank. I don't believe she would give me anything else, mostly there's no motive for that but as much as I love her, I don't trust her fully as she can be a different person sometimes. I feel weird for even writing this. It's probably nothing.

Well anyways that's my situation so far. Also yes, we do use protection. Her medical condition is a bit more complicated than "infertile" even though women don't exactly get more fertile with age and things haven't exactly improved for her there. I also have a job interview this week. She's buying me a new phone which I guess will be the most expensive the store has (as usual) and she's also very insistent and serious to put my name on the doorbell which I don't know how I feel about and also don't really find important. I feel I get further drawn into this. I have to admit that I have mixed feelings after all.

No time to read this all the way through rn (at a wedding this weekend) but based on what I have seen I'm gonna say the same thing I say every time: dude, just run

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Non-anonymous confession: Every time I see "Therapy goon here" I mentally read it in the same tone and cadence as "Kermit the Frog here"

Double-posting since I'm busy today

quote:

heres my confession

bohemian rhapsody loving blows.

sorry but it's poo poo.

sorry to hear about your horrific fun deficiency :(

quote:

This is so stupid and weird and gross but I don't feel I can tell anyone about it, let alone my wife. The main reason is that I literally would hate for anyone to bring it up to me IRL, referencing it again. It has stayed in my head for forever and aside from you weirdos online, I'd like to keep it that way.

When I was probably 7 or 8 years old (though to be honest, I can't really remember how old I was), I had a dream about Beetlejuice. Yes, Tim Burton's Michael Keaton's Beetlejuice. I was IN the movie or universe where he existed, and I summoned him. He showed up, but didn't want to talk, he wanted to show me "Colpitts".

Colpitts was his name for whatever was between his legs. I was suddenly tied up, couldn't move, and he opened up the zebra-stripes trench coat he was wearing to show me.

:barf:

Instead of a dick, it was more like a vagina, except it was higher up, closer to his abdomen. In the "slit" was something that looked like a wet, bulbous eye that was completely black, and there was stringy hair and wet "eye gunk" surrounding it. Despite it being completely black, it looked like it was turning around, the hair getting caught and rolled up into it. He kept touching and rubbing it, smelling and licking his fingers, and was getting closer and closer to my face. I could smell it from where I was, and I don't remember the smell (maybe you can't smell in dreams? I don't know) but I knew it smelled terrible. And he kept yelling "c'mon! C'mon! I'm just trying to cut a deal here!". Then I woke up.

I have to be honest, I don't think of this so much when I see him in the movie, but I can't help but think of it when I hear the last name "Colpitts".

your subconscious managed to make Old Gregg much grosser, nice job

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The google image search for colpitts was a lot less sexy than I was hoping.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
buzzfeed does really good investigative journalism and is basically the only place still doing it

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

quote:

He showed up, but didn't want to talk, he wanted to show me "Colpitts".

did it look anything like this, op?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

omfg therapy goon don't let someone else manage your medication unless it's super necessary for your safety jfc

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

The Snoo posted:

omfg therapy goon don't let someone else manage your medication unless it's super necessary for your safety jfc

100% this

Also, run, just loving run

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Do you think they'll mention SA in the "true crimes" show showing this case when he invariably ends up being murdered?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Police Automaton posted:

Do you think they'll mention SA in the "true crimes" show showing this case when he invariably ends up being murdered?

It would either be replaced with reddit/"a website" or "a den of murder enthusiasts"

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Therapy goon is making the classic goon mistake of feeling like they need to keep escalating and providing fresh content. Maybe it was true in the beginning but now it's just making stuff up that he thinks we want to hear just to stay thread-relevant.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I can't even imagine being so beta
Like I can't even.
Dude get a goddamn job

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Betas have jobs. Hes like, Epsilon.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I'm pretty sure therapy goon's story is happening in an eastern bloc country so it could be worse I guess? If I'm right then no true crime story unless Russia has a variant on that show. I can only imagine how hosed up a Russian True Crime TV show would be.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
"C-c-calm down!"

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
If they are from an eastern bloc country then this is a normal relationship. Therapy goon, you're expected now to drift off into alcoholic indifference.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

The Snoo posted:

I basically picture him as an even more beta version of James Caan in Misery.

Therapygoon, does your former therapist address you as Mr. Man?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
In fact gently caress it I'm calling it now. Therapygoon is cribbing Misery.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Therapygoon is in the typical cycle of abuse pattern and doesn't realize it.

In his case, somewhere along the way there will be a 2.5 after an Incident when Therapygoon finds himself waking up and strapped to his bed with his girlfriend breaking his feet with a sledgehammer or sawing both of them off.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

quote:

In his case, somewhere along the way there will be a 2.5 after an Incident when Therapygoon finds himself waking up and strapped to his bed with his girlfriend breaking his feet with a sledgehammer or sawing both of them off.

Even worse, she'll want to get married and he will say yes.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

I wish Cliff Yablonski was still around.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Fartbox posted:

Just bring a gun to school. Problem solved.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I know it's a couple of pages back, but this evening I ordered KFC and generic fried chicken and the pressure fryer makes all the difference.

It's nice knowing the extra £2 I spent was for the thrill of somebody dying in an explosion of boiling hot oil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

SciFiDownBeat posted:

did it look anything like this, op?

he should be careful or he'll get the clapp