Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Ceciltron posted:

I disagree on the principle that such an action would interfere with my wedding plans.

nuke china after you leave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ceciltron posted:

I disagree on the principle that such an action would interfere with my wedding plans.

Isn't it ironic
Don't you think?
It's like nuuuuuuuuukes on your wedding day

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JaucheCharly posted:

They should nuke D&D.

Sry, TGA.

nooooooooooo

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
https://twitter.com/mashable/status/862623762218446848

quote:

According to a report by the Beijing Youth Daily, the house in Heilongjiang, northern China, is situated by a road leading to a highway.

The house is by a 90-degree angled junction, so cars can't slow down in time when taking the turn after the highway — and end up crashing through the house's fencing.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

quote:

今年三伏时间表

⛱⛱⛱⛱⛱⛱⛱⛱⛱
初 伏:7月13日-7月22日
中 伏:7月23日-8月 1日
闰中伏 : 8月 2日-8月11日
末 伏:8月12日-8月21日
38天时间请大家不要喝冰镇一类的水饮料和食物,会使寒气入侵不能排出,冬天之所以怕冷、脚凉都是三伏天不注意导致,要想使体内的寒气排出,请大家坚持在伏天喝热水,会把体内多少年深入骨隨的寒气逼出来。
一年一度的伏天请大家珍惜!(温暖传递)

quote:

This year's three-volt timetable

⛱⛱⛱⛱⛱⛱⛱⛱⛱
Preliminary volts: July 13 - July 22
In the volts: July 23 - August 1
Leap in the volt: August 2 - August 11
End of the Vol: August 12 - August 21
          38 days time please do not drink iced a class of water drinks and food, will make the cold invasion can not be discharged, the reason why the winter cold, cool feet are do not pay attention to lead days, in order to make the body of the chill, please insist In the hot days to drink hot water, will be the body how many years of deep bone with the cold forced out.
          Year of the year we please treasure! (Warm pass)
One of the yoga Wechat groups I am in for these meet ups is a source of retards adding other retards for advertising or what not. Anyway, some dude added another dude and he started spamming those "good wishes" grandma forwards that Mainlanders love posting. I always ignore them because they are bullshit, but I hit translate on this one.

Even though the translation is poo poo, it is easy to see how ridiculous this idea is. I sent to a Chinese friend to explain better, and it is right. Some TCM jackass came up with the idea that hot and cold in the body operate much like rechargeable batteries. It is preaching that if you drink only hot water during summer, you will expel years worth of cold that your body is storing in various places. Hidden cold that you don't even know about! Better yet, by drinking hot water during the hot months, and avoiding all cold things completely, you will store a lot of heat which will mean you don't get cold during winter because you replaced all those cold batteries with hot batteries. If you drink cold drinks during summer, that is why you get cold during winter. LOL, duh, doesn't everyone know that?

My response was "that's not how the body works" and then I got "It's true."

I can't even. I want to rage at how backwards this loving culture is.

Edit:

Ceciltron posted:

Litmus test - Ask your fiancee if she agrees with the above information. If she does, call the wedding off.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I never understood why chinese people said it was terrible bad luck to have a house at the end of a T intersection, now I get it.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its terrible luck to own property in china

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
We flew Etihad out of Chinar yesterday and had to laugh when every "please sit down and fasten your seatbelt" announcement had to be repeated 4-5 times in Chinese, with varying degrees of urgency. At one point the flight attendants even had to be seated, but people were still walking around aimlessly and letting their kids play in the aisles, even though the turbulence at that point really was pretty scary.

During the drink service, the flight attendant serving us asked the two adorable girls across the aisle what they wanted, and I complimented their English.

FLIGHT ATTENDANT: "Chinese kids are so cute, aren't they?"
ME: "Yeah, they really are."
FLIGHT ATTENDANT: *lowered voice* "But only when they're little."

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

How many years of deep bone with the cold forced out?

(Warm pass)

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

We flew Etihad out of Chinar yesterday and had to laugh when every "please sit down and fasten your seatbelt" announcement had to be repeated 4-5 times in Chinese, with varying degrees of urgency. At one point the flight attendants even had to be seated, but people were still walking around aimlessly and letting their kids play in the aisles, even though the turbulence at that point really was pretty scary.

During the drink service, the flight attendant serving us asked the two adorable girls across the aisle what they wanted, and I complimented their English.

Hahahahahahahaha flight attendants can be so bitchy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuLL8g8ena0

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jul 1, 2017

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Hahahahahahahaha flight attendants can be so bitchy.

Given their job is almost entirely customer services, I can't blame 'em.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Congratulations on making it out! May you never return again!

WarpedNaba posted:

Given their job is almost entirely customer services, I can't blame 'em.
Yeah, it's a highly romanticized job that is actually the equivalent of being an Applebees hostess and server, with customer service at something like a Ross: Dress For Less, along with also being the janitor at the Applebees and Ross. It has to suck.

Haier fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jul 1, 2017

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Haier posted:

Yeah, it's a highly romanticized job that is actually the equivalent of being an Applebees hostess and server, with customer service at something like a Ross: Dress For Less, along with also being the janitor at the Applebees and Ross. It has to suck.

Add being an EMT, tour guide, psychologist, security guard, and translator to that list.

I dunno, I think if you like traveling and working with people, it'd be a pretty great job- I would have loved to be a flight attendant, but I'm poo poo-scared of flying.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Speaking of china and air travel, has this been posted already?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/27/chinese-passenger-throws-coins-plane-engine-luck/

quote:

A superstitious passenger delayed a flight from Shanghai for several hours on Tuesday after throwing coins at the plane's engine for good luck, Chinese officials said.

The elderly woman was detained by police at Shanghai Pudong International Airport following the bizarre incident, forcing nearly 150 passengers to be evacuated from the plane bound for Guangzhou in southern China.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Can you buy tanktraps on taobao? I'd build a fallout-style car fortress

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Yep - mostly met with shrugging.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://sputniknews.com/photo/201706271055005721-china-ladies-curves/

China has a butt contest and there are no butts to be seen

LOL

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Haier your thoughts?

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

Fauxtool posted:

LOL
I prefer pert small bums so some of those are quite nice. Wouldn't say award winning though. And why are they all smeared in some sort of weird badly-applied fake tan paint? I thought they all love 白白的.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Fauxtool posted:

LOL

Disgraceful.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Are these butts post-90s

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Fauxtool posted:

LOL

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

"The african known for having big butt and darknesss, so if i have the darkness then I'll also have the big buttness." :china:

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
The best part is that these girls are shamed by men and women for having some type of butt shape, and butts automatically mean unhealthily fat and need to go. I haven't really met much good butts here in China, but the few that I did apparently got a lot of complaints and whining from guys about how they are disgusting and too big and means she's a pig, even though the butts were small.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

That just means more for you Haier, which isn't a bad thing.

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Haier posted:

The best part is that these girls are shamed by men and women for having some type of butt shape, and butts automatically mean unhealthily fat and need to go. I haven't really met much good butts here in China, but the few that I did apparently got a lot of complaints and whining from guys about how they are disgusting and too big and means she's a pig, even though the butts were small.

hank hill butts distressingly common

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Haier posted:

Starting to sound like the album opening to a Sir Mix-a-lot track.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

WarpedNaba posted:

Starting to sound like the album opening to a Sir Mix-a-lot track.

Oh. My. God. Haier, look at her butt.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fauxtool posted:

LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSFYAisRhqA

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Fauxtool posted:

LOL

China is like a goblin from Lord of the Rings saying "WHY CAN'T WE HAVE SOME MEAT??"

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
So, what's up with the large round glasses and bowl cuts? The seem to neat and clean to be just a "gently caress it" fashion solution. Do they think it actually looks good?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

What is going on with this lady's spine? Is she some kind of contortionist?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

So that's what Rob Liefeld has been up to, became a Chinese Chiropractor.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Facebook Aunt posted:

What is going on with this lady's spine? Is she some kind of contortionist?

she has no rear end so she is trying to arch and create one

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Unpopular opinion: I'm perfectly okay with those butts and pancake butts in general

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

nickmeister posted:

So, what's up with the large round glasses and bowl cuts? The seem to neat and clean to be just a "gently caress it" fashion solution. Do they think it actually looks good?

One way to make a good guess in Tokyo as to whether someone is Korean is if they have this look. It's pretty lame but eh :shrug:

Edit: Like go to Shin-Okubo, the Korea Town of Tokyo and there are a shitload of people with this look.

Dr.Radical fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 2, 2017

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is going into the NZ thread. :wow:

• Locked thread