Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Also of all the things you can say about COD, hand holding is not one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Did anybody play Kholat? Kind of tempted to grab it on sale since I usually like those games.

Also, Necropolis for 15 bux? Yay or nay? I know people thought it was kind of a disappointment.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 1, 2017

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I played CoD4 SP (my first interaction with the series), thought it was decent, never touched the series again.

10 years later I became addicted to Titanfall 2.

I am a success story.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
I'm playing the Law Breakers beta right now and it's pretty fun. Reminds me of Unreal a lot. I feel like I get killed really fast though, I could just suck.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Pablo Gigante posted:

Call of Duty is good

It's a series that has become so insecure they are adding female soldiers to WW2 and removing swatsikas from the nazi imagery.

Wouldn't want to offend that hardcore gamer base

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Call of Duty, the name everyone associates with realism...

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

if i know anything about the HardCoregaMerBaSe, they love women and hate nazi symbols.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Snak posted:

Call of Duty, the name everyone associates with realism...

You know the series has its roots in WW2 right and the first like 4 games in the series all had authentic WW2 experience. It was arcadey but it didn't start revising history to appease a vocal group of nut jobs on neogaf.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yes, but it's not like that any more.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

veni veni veni posted:

Did anybody play Kholat? Kind of tempted to grab it on sale since I usually like those games.

It runs like poo poo on PS4 and isn't much fun, random unavoidable deaths and a lovely checkpoint system and really long load times.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Yes...the hard core gamer fanbase....that's who you're trying to complain about.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe they're just making every version the German version.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Mr President posted:

You know the series has its roots in WW2 right and the first like 4 games in the series all had authentic WW2 experience. It was arcadey but it didn't start revising history to appease a vocal group of nut jobs on neogaf.

Sorry there is women in your video game

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I'm playing the Law Breakers beta right now and it's pretty fun. Reminds me of Unreal a lot. I feel like I get killed really fast though, I could just suck.

Here is the thing, I really like unreal but I just can't get into Law Breakers. THings move and explode and now I am dead. At no point do I have an idea what I am doing.

Also why is there a healer in a game where you die in 2 hits?

Edit: That said I like the designs, the two different characters for the same set of abilities to show your side with more than a red/blue outline.

Also Morty the Blitzball is both the most annoying yet endearing thing I have encountered in a pvp FPS

Twibbit fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jul 1, 2017

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

incorporeal posted:

Sorry there is women in your video game

Shhh, keep egging him on, if we're lucky we can get him to drop a meltdown about ess jay dubs and political correctness or whatever other things scum complain about.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Shhh, keep egging him on, if we're lucky we can get him to drop a meltdown about ess jay dubs and political correctness or whatever other things scum complain about.

It's not hard he melted down because they made some obscure DC character gay in the comics.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Though he isn't trying this time I mean using authentic and arcades in the same sentence come on son.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's not hard he melted down because they made some obscure DC character gay in the comics.

Who? Midnighter?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

The lack of swastikas and lady soldiers is only for MP, isn't it? Their reasoning for that is actually pretty good; it's supposed to be a feel good inclusive time so reminding you about the holocaust and not letting you choose an avatar with the same gender as you in your fun time team deathmatch doesn't really do anybody any good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fortunately the superior Nazi shooting sequel will be out the month before

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Akuma posted:

The lack of swastikas and lady soldiers is only for MP, isn't it? Their reasoning for that is actually pretty good; it's supposed to be a feel good inclusive time so reminding you about the holocaust and not letting you choose an avatar with the same gender as you in your fun time team deathmatch doesn't really do anybody any good.

During E3 trailer what looked like a single player setpiece featured fake swastikas.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I still can't update system software and it's preventing me from installing uodates to games. Anyone else having this problem?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

you can download the file to PC and install it to the PS4 via a usb stick, have you tried that?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I have not. I may look into that, thanks.

For now, I'm just gonna go play Peace Walker on 360....

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Uh what the hell is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsqpC2wqlVw

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

PS4 needs more anime pigs

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
I'm gonna guess its a fighting game from spike chunsoft. that anime piglet looked like he was going hella fast in those quick cuts.

I wanna play a game where you're a piglet.

vvvvvvvv Okja the video game

SamuraiPaul fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 2, 2017

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

SamuraiPaul posted:

I'm gonna guess its a fighting game from spike chunsoft. that anime piglet looked like he was going hella fast in those quick cuts.

I wanna play a game where you're a piglet.

Piglets are just surprisingly fast. And adorable. I also want a game where you play as a piglet. Or The Last Guardian but with a giant pig.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Akuma posted:

Yeah. It's MP only.

I hope Zombies mode is true and accurate to WW2. If not that would be a travesty.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Anime's Inferno

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Yeah I don't like the super zombies in RE1R. Choosing whether or not to expend bullets on a zombie because they're a limited resource is enough tension for me.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

It's a manga/anime based extremely loosely off Arthurian legend. It actually kind of owns. No idea how a game might turn out.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Oxxidation posted:

It's a manga/anime based extremely loosely off Arthurian legend. It actually kind of owns. No idea how a game might turn out.
With Fate/Go on everyone's smartphone here that kind of thing seems to be in style right now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I Mcguyvered the poo poo out of my busted rear end gold headset with a ruler, electrical tape and an old sock, and it's sturdier than it was when I first bought it and fits snug again. Pretty proud of myself right now lol.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Anyone have tips for remote play? I got a 60mb connection, ps4 wired up, and yet the lag makes it unplayable from 5 feet away. This is the only thing I can't stream satisfactorally and that fact alone is triggering me.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Anyone have tips for remote play? I got a 60mb connection, ps4 wired up, and yet the lag makes it unplayable from 5 feet away. This is the only thing I can't stream satisfactorally and that fact alone is triggering me.
For me the lag on remote play is the same whether I'm in the same room or literally in another country, and always just around acceptable for non-action games but definitely too slow for action games.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I was able to play a few sessions of Phantom Pain really well with remote play, but otherwise I never used it again after.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I've got a quick question.

I have a PS4 with myself as the only account on it, I have PS+. I bought Crash Bandicoot and my wife really wants to play it, I also plan on playing it and I have a 5 year old that will probably end up playing it.

Do I just make a new account for each person so our saves stay separate or there's something called a sub account it looks like?

Any help is appreciated!

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Disappointing Pie posted:

I've got a quick question.

I have a PS4 with myself as the only account on it, I have PS+. I bought Crash Bandicoot and my wife really wants to play it, I also plan on playing it and I have a 5 year old that will probably end up playing it.

Do I just make a new account for each person so our saves stay separate or there's something called a sub account it looks like?

Any help is appreciated!

Yes new account, as long as it's your Primary PS4 the other people will be able to play online and play your games without issue, their saves will not be backed up via PS+ will be the only thing they will be missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

I Mcguyvered the poo poo out of my busted rear end gold headset with a ruler, electrical tape and an old sock, and it's sturdier than it was when I first bought it and fits snug again. Pretty proud of myself right now lol.

pics