Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
danny ainge farts on the bathtub floor, causing a brapping noise and smelly bubbles to pop, which he then enjoys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

a sign + trade of Amir Johnson for Okafor would be bizarre and sad. All involved parties should be glad they weren't involved in such a deal.

e: lol

https://twitter.com/Enes_Kanter/status/881303175357231104

Definitely not sad that it didn't happen, I don't particularly want Okafor

also lmao at enes

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Derek Fisher? Kendrick Perkins? Man

Yeah, ironic isn't it that they got to the finals with those two deadbeats. And Gentleman Jim Harden, but surely it was the vet presence.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Brolander posted:

danny ainge farts on the bathtub floor, causing a brapping noise and smelly bubbles to pop, which he then enjoys

danny ainge tried to trade for kevin durant so they could share in their fart fetishes together

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

a sign + trade of Amir Johnson for Okafor would be bizarre and sad. All involved parties should be glad they weren't involved in such a deal.

lmfao i love enes

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

please don't extradite my good friend Enes Kanter

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bill Laimbeer appears out of nowhere and angrily elbows Danny Ainge in his solarplexus, shattering it.

He than laughs at him and whispers "Assets" before pimpwalking away.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Gonz posted:

Bill Laimbeer appears out of nowhere and angrily elbows Danny Ainge in his solarplexus, shattering it.

He than laughs at him and whispers "Assets" before pimpwalking away.

Gahah thats some funny fanfic featuring Bill Laimbeer for some reason. Wacky as hell

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/881275188129570816

Atlanta's pushing real hard to keep Millsap aren't they? Or is Denver the only team left trying to pitch him?

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jul 2, 2017

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Wait so is the Boston media trying to cover for Ainge??
https://twitter.com/colezwicker/status/881298560892850176

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'm kinda baffled that Denver is chasing Millsap so hard when one of their biggest roster issues is the excess of PFs they have

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

Wait so is the Boston media trying to cover for Ainge??
https://twitter.com/colezwicker/status/881298560892850176

That seems like a poorly worded version of this tweet

https://twitter.com/JaredWeissNBA/status/881298805811019776

Sounds like Presti owned Danny no matter what way you cut it

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
They say the exact same thing though?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
at this point maybe we shouldn't take anything related to ainge seriously unless he pulls the trigger on something

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dexo posted:

They say the exact same thing though?

I guess if you don't have eyes, one suggests the Celtics knew that the OKC deal was real and one doesn't

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cool Buff Man posted:

That seems like a poorly worded version of this tweet

https://twitter.com/JaredWeissNBA/status/881298805811019776

Sounds like Presti owned Danny no matter what way you cut it

Presti gets a mulligan for the Harden trade

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

at this point maybe we shouldn't take anything related to ainge seriously unless he pulls the trigger on something

That's seriously all there is to it and I don't know why everyone gets so worked up

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
MCW deal is 1 year, $2.7 million. Still too much

https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/881305857144868865

A new superteam to rival the Knicks emerges

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I guess if you don't have eyes, one suggests the Celtics knew that the OKC deal was real and one doesn't

Neither of those points really matter. And the didn't know part is just speculation on either the sources or Woj's part.

To the main point which says Ainge didnt offer poo poo. For whatever reason that was. He didn't actually make a real offer which is counter to every thing that came out immediately after the trade.

You never know in these deals when trading if the other party is telling the truth or not. That part is inconsequential. You have to decide your max price independent of another teams offer.

Ainge's desire to always win meant he didn't take an offer seriously and lost out on something he wanted.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 2, 2017

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dexo posted:

Neither of those points really matter. And the dodnt know part is just speculation on withwr the sources or Woj's part.

To the main point which says Ainge didnt offer poo poo. For whatever reason that was. He didn't actually make a real offer which is counter to every thing that cand out immediately after the trade.

You never know in these deals when trading if the other party is telling the truth or not. That part is inconsequential

To me it mattered because the point was the Celtics were waiting to see if Hayward was going to sign before coughing up a bunch of picks + players for George, and they didn't see why Indiana would want to move so quickly on a deal of "Sabonis + Oladipo" when they stood to gain more if they waited a couple days, or at the very least, would still have the same offer of Sabonis + Dipo. They probably thought Pritchard was bullshitting because it was a stupid deal for them to do in such a rush. That was stupid of the Celtics and it cost them dearly but there's a clear difference between that and refusing to give an offer for no reason

That's the difference between believing a trade with OKC was impending or not

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Cool Buff Man posted:

MCW deal is 1 year, $2.7 million. Still too much

https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/881305857144868865

A new superteam to rival the Knicks emerges

Theory is he's there to play defense in a unit with Monk or be third string point guard. In the new cap world, I'm ok with that for 2.7 mil.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
If someone is saying "Hey I'm going to trade George for Oladipo and Sabonis, can you beat that?" it's probably not a bluff, it's a desperate cry for help

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Intruder posted:

If someone is saying "Hey I'm going to trade George for Oladipo and Sabonis, can you beat that?" it's probably not a bluff, it's a desperate cry for help

I would think I was getting prank called

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
With so many point guards left on the market, I would've rolled the twice and offered the Jeremy Lin special of a make-good 1+1 offer over MCW.

Like, the problem is that he doesn't have good passing skills to make up the fact that he's arguably the worst offensive player ever.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I heard that they arrested Channing Frye, organizer of the doomed Frye Festival where participants paid up to 5000 dollars to miss contested rebounds on a private island

Cool Buff Man posted:

Gahah thats some funny fanfic featuring Bill Laimbeer for some reason. Wacky as hell

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/881275188129570816

Atlanta's pushing real hard to keep Millsap aren't they? Or is Denver the only team left trying to pitch him?

Be easy

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

is rudy gay still a bad good player or did he become actually good at some point

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

G-Hawk posted:

is rudy gay still a bad good player or did he become actually good at some point

He was underrated at the point where he snapped his achilles and now he's likely to be just bad

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
he tore his achilles so whether he's a good acquisition depends on your holdings in the local occupational therapy market

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

I would think I was getting prank called

Yeah id probably be flustered too of I was offered a future hall of fame still on his rookie contract

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Metapod posted:

so never take him seriously. got it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

G-Hawk posted:

He was good last year

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Tae posted:

With so many point guards left on the market, I would've rolled the twice and offered the Jeremy Lin special of a make-good 1+1 offer over MCW.

Like, the problem is that he doesn't have good passing skills to make up the fact that he's arguably the worst offensive player ever.

To who? At that cost they're basically looking at Aaron Brooks or maybe Brandon Jennings, who also suck and couldn't protect Monk defensively at all

If Kemba goes down they're screwed as hell but that was true regardless

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

morestuff posted:

To who? At that cost they're basically looking at Aaron Brooks or maybe Brandon Jennings, who also suck and couldn't protect Monk defensively at all

If Kemba goes down they're screwed as hell but that was true regardless

MCW at least had one of the coolest first pitches possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7VvCcrkU9I

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Jose Calderon has joined the Cavs

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/881313834643968000

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I hope Ainge actually makes no trades for the next four years and just keeps leaking fake rumors into every other team's transaction attempts for the entire duration.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Tae posted:

How much basketball do you watch

trust the process

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Libertine posted:

I hope Ainge actually makes no trades for the next four years and just keeps leaking fake rumors into every other team's transaction attempts for the entire duration.

I unironically agree

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

trust the process

:cheers:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think pretty much everyone made the joke that with the east being so depleted, those Nets picks might turn into 10-15.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Man I wish my lying rear end GM who leaks poo poo and cant be trusted was actually competent at anything relating to his job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

35 traditionally being the most productive nba age, i am delighted

• Locked thread