Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

galenanorth posted:

I personally think "happy holidays" is often more efficient, religious views aside, because it doesn't become outdated if the ad will continue to run between December 26 and January 2 and it's shorter than "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!" so it works when there isn't enough time for both

Now you're either with Christmas or against it. Corporations will need to choose words carefully and utter the word "Christmas", even on January 1, in the holiday message. Otherwise, the Trumpsters will take their omission for allegiance and tweetstorm PR campaign against their product and say they'll boycott it but they'll all continue to use it anyway

"bwuhh? season's greetings?" goes even further, covering basically everything from oktoberfest through st patrick's day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

this war on christmas started because new year's day exists

eliminate it and it will always be 2016

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

triple sulk posted:

christmas is a lovely commercialized holiday and thanksgiving is absurdly better

I like the crass capitalism of Christmas more than the folksy, fake family values of Thanksgiving

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

etalian posted:

His tombstone should read Destroyer of GOP Manhoods

"i shot the gop in the dick and all i got was this tombstone"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Someone put up posters in my neighborhood about a counter-protest of alt-knights and proudboys and Kekistanis but I don't know when, where, or what they're counter-protesting because it was torn down almost immediately :lol:

Plus it rained super-hard this afternoon so it was probably really easy to do

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Squizzle posted:

next casual r word i see gets 3 days queued up

one of my fav parts of bohemian rhapsody is the ritard near the end

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

deathbysnusnu posted:

Halloween, New Years, Fourth of July: the get drunk and wake up naked and confused trifecta.

Yeah, these are the actual best holidays ^

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/jonathanchait/status/880756603737313280

lol the trade war is going to happen despite nearly the whole Trump cabinet telling him not to do it.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

i still dont fully know what kekistan is T.B.H. and w/e that is my inception totem

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Joementum posted:

house of cards

[turns to camera]

ahh just gave him a bad suggestion, but he won't figure it out until mah plan is already in place :smug:

hmmmmmmmm

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

which Futurama character is this

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

and wahts the r word that gives me a probe?

Ronald Reagan?

(stolen from nctv)

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

capital PEE presidential

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

OhFunny posted:

https://twitter.com/jonathanchait/status/880756603737313280

lol the trade war is going to happen despite nearly the whole Trump cabinet telling him not to do it.

Does this get Republican legislators to check him since it kind of stands in the way of the plan to "make lots and lots of money"?

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

theres one tired dude somewhere

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

TotalHell posted:

which Futurama character is this

Diogo Alves

common man, it thats taht in the pictuer

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I have a cut on my shin but no bandaids so i put an elastic band over some kleenex and im praying for death

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Joementum posted:

my first act as president would be to make a new feast holiday

it would be the most popular presidential act in American history

Joementum posted:

house of cards

[turns to camera]

ahh just gave him a bad suggestion, but he won't figure it out until mah plan is already in place :smug:

is any of this even CONSTITUTIONAL?!

hmm :thunk:

LOCK HIM UP!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lorn Wayne posted:

i still dont fully know what kekistan is T.B.H. and w/e that is my inception totem

kek translates to lol if you played world of warcraft and an enemy faction player typed lol

4chan edgelords say it a lot and they represent the nation of kekistan

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Eating homemade poke and it's really loving good

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

eonwe posted:

kek translates to lol if you played world of warcraft and an enemy faction player typed lol

sadly i knew this

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Gringostar posted:

"i shot the gop in the dick and all i got was this tombstone"

I shot the gop, and the gop won

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Nichael posted:

I like the crass capitalism of Christmas more than the folksy, fake family values of Thanksgiving

Sorry your family sucks

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

lorn Wayne posted:

eonwe posted:

4chan edgelords say it a lot and they represent the nation of kekistan

It's also a kind of backwards reference to this.

quote:

Kek (also Kuk, Keku, Kekui) is the deification of the concept of primordial darkness (kkw smꜣw, keku-semau[1]) in the Ancient Egyptian Ogdoad cosmogony. As a concept, Kek was viewed as androgynous, his female form being known as Keket (also Kekuit).[2][3][4] Kek and Keket in some aspects also represent night and day, and were called "raiser up of the light" and the "raiser up of the night", respectively.[5]

The name is written as kk or kkwy (kkt, kkwyt) with a variant of the sky hieroglyph in ligature with the staff (N2) associated with the word for "darkness" kkw.[6]

In the oldest representations, Kekui is given the head of a serpent, and Kekuit the head of either a frog or a cat. In one scene, they are identified with Ka and Kait; in this scene, Ka-Kekui has the head of a frog surmounted by a beetle and Kait-Kekuit has the head of a serpent surmounted by a disk.[7] In the Greco-Roman period, Kek's male form was depicted as a frog-headed man, and the female form as a serpent-headed woman, as were all four dualistic concepts in the Ogdoad.

But basically, yes, it comes from World of Warcraft and idiot nerds replacing "lol" with "kek" outside of the game.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

A Handed Missus posted:

is any of this even CONSTITUTIONAL?!

hmm :thunk:

LOCK HIM UP!

definitely more constitutional than the Air Force

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Business Gorillas posted:

Sorry your family sucks

small family, boring area, so yup!

but even if I had a large family, it's a holiday built around some hosed up values

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Nichael posted:

Does this get Republican legislators to check him since it kind of stands in the way of the plan to "make lots and lots of money"?

It'd be pretty funny if the thing that ultimately brought trump down was the unstoppable corruption of the republicans.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Nichael posted:

The only play the Republicans know how to make is to double down.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Kekku no sugoi

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Nichael posted:

small family, boring area, so yup!

but even if I had a large family, it's a holiday built around some hosed up values

Lol if you don't have a massive friendsgiving and get shitfaced with all of your old friends while they're in town

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Salt Fish posted:

It'd be pretty funny if the thing that ultimately brought trump down was the unstoppable corruption of the republicans.

OhFunny posted:

The only play the Republicans know how to make is to double down.

I can't imagine anything causing Republicans to meaningfully stop Donny unless it gets in the way of them making money. This would do that, I'd think.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Also the trade war would probably get trump 25thed out

The only thing the donor class cares about is their pocketbooks and hoo boy a trade war would be a good way to threaten that

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

C-Euro posted:

Eating homemade poke and it's really loving good
drat I could go for some of that. I guess as of this month it's been two years since I moved away from Honolulu.

edit: there are more and more "Hawaiian" restaurants in Japan these days but most of them are apparently patterned after Eggs and Things and thus specialize in waffles and poo poo.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
yesssss, that's the good poo poo

https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/881324940464705536

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lol if you don't have a massive friendsgiving and get shitfaced with all of your old friends while they're in town

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Also the trade war would probably get trump 25thed out

The only thing the donor class cares about is their pocketbooks and hoo boy a trade war would be a good way to threaten that

I actually think they might just go and straight up impeach him if this happens. They have plenty of material if they ever want to, and the only reason they'd want to is this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Nichael posted:

It's also a kind of backwards reference to this.

sure, if by "backward reference" you mean "superficial connection pulled out of someone's rear end"

• Locked thread