Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

the only thing i know about gt is that a deer tried to breast feed off of pan one episode

i think that's about all i need to know about GT :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I did not need to know that about GT.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Stallion Cabana posted:

GT is one of those shows filled to the brim with great ideas with terrible executions and it fills me with sadness whenever I remember it. As an overarching, broad plot strokes nothing in GT is bad, all of it is actually pretty loving exciting and sounds good. But the actual context and actions just....just terrible.

I don't think a person alive can pull off an idea like Super 17. Turning Goku back into a kid is also something you'd really have to sell me on over using another character, too.

I feel like GT has a few sparks of good ideas, but almost by accident seeing how they use them.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

lezard_valeth posted:

Of course by then world hunger and discrimantion would have been eradicated and world peace would have been long instaured, so whose gonna watch anime then?

I mean, if we lived in a utopia, what else would we have to do all day?

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Momomo posted:

I don't think a person alive can pull off an idea like Super 17. Turning Goku back into a kid is also something you'd really have to sell me on over using another character, too.

I feel like GT has a few sparks of good ideas, but almost by accident seeing how they use them.
Goku being a kid sounds like a fun one off comedy filler episode rather than being the basis of the whole show. Even the way it happens is a stupid joke, literally Pilaf going 'I wish you were still a little kid, then I'd kick your rear end!'

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Continuing Kai. Goku showed up on the Kai planet and Kibito is just all "UGH ANOTHER mortal?"

How did I never see what a dick he was before?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TFRazorsaw posted:

Continuing Kai. Goku showed up on the Kai planet and Kibito is just all "UGH ANOTHER mortal?"

How did I never see what a dick he was before?

The dub likely didn't emphasize that part of his character in the past

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Momomo posted:

I mean even broader then that.

I don't mean 'Goku is a kid again', I mean 'Goku is back on another massive, spanning adventure, this time Universe Sized instead of Planet sized. Meeting new and strange creatures that are crazy, strange, and crazy strong, with a colorful trope of characters who have unique and different powers'

I don't mean 'Super 17', I mean 'The last revenge of Goku's old villains, coming back for one last hurrah that could end the world, and there's way too many for Goku to take down himself, so it's up to everyone together to deal with this.'

I mean something like 'The Oozaru form is back, the primal Saiyan monster useful and needed one more time, Goku/Vegeta/Gohan has to tap into that savagery one last time to defeat his opponent'

or even just the basic plan of the Shadow Dragons.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Elder Kai talking about how an evil person sealed him away in the Z-sword because he was scared of him becomes hilarious when you realize he's actually talking about Beerus.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I could forgive GT a lot of its flaws if Pan was the star instead of Kid Goku. Like that Columbo spin-off that starred his wife, a bad plan with a poor execution but at least they tried something for a new audience. But making Kid Goku the main just means you're doing the same thing, but just shittier.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blaze Dragon posted:

GT is an awful series and no dub can ever fix it, but goddammit Mi Corazón Encantado is one of my favourite songs ever and I can listen to it at any point without feeling any sort of shame in knowing where it came from. The original Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku is great too, but Mi Corazón Encantado just has the perfect mix of being a genuinely great song and having all that nostalgia. I need to link to it and listen to it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omTC2DrY1yw

What an amazing song for an amazingly terrible series.

I like how your version is called Mi Corazón Encantado and the PT-BR one is Sorriso Resplandescente even though the lyrics are pretty much the same: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp4KRgB4xR8

I really like GT's opening, pity about the series. Also translated OPs are my poo poo and another cool thing about the Super dub is that we're getting our version of the OP.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Glad to see we are going about the pace of one minute an episode

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

bowmore posted:

Glad to see we are going about the pace of one minute an episode

Frieza's time dilation is in full effect, the real reason why he was revived

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Seems like they aren't cheaping out on any fights.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I dig the focusing on small fights within the big fight

don't like the repeat of vegeta doing the same punches multiple times

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Super is as good as DBZ ever was

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

That episode blew by super fast, but I feel like it was a pretty solid opener, and answered some important questions. Looks like next episode might mean the end of universe 9's whole crew which should be interesting. i also like the Teamwork Pals, who hopefully get some solid fights of their own

really, really want to see how Frieza is used here. we've had only a tease of a setup for some betrayal stuff from him in the last episode but i wonder how it will really go down. he looks like he's enjoying himself

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I did not like how every one's team up attack did nothing to them. That was very stupid and unnecessary and only gives people who complain more ammo.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Decent opening to the tournament, though I hope the pace doesn't stay this slow the whole way through.

I kind of expect the preview to be a fakeout and some universe besides 9 gets eliminated next episode.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RBX posted:

I did not like how every one's team up attack did nothing to them. That was very stupid and unnecessary and only gives people who complain more ammo.
Yeah that was pretty lovely

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

RBX posted:

i dunno, they just kind of threw out a bunch of poo poo at once and it wasn't much of a team effort. i think when we see gohan and piccolo pull out the actual team-up moves it'll be a big deal

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
That was a nice open to the Tournament.

Interesting that the Magical Girls have varied designs, also maybe it's just me but is the new ending implying Jiren has eye beams? Is Jiren actually a Superman stand-in too?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Cool episode, and it working on freeza time is confirmed. :v:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

StrifeHira posted:

Interesting that the Magical Girls have varied designs, also maybe it's just me but is the new ending implying Jiren has eye beams? Is Jiren actually a Superman stand-in too?
That seems to be the case

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I miss Boogie Back :(

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dango Bango posted:

I miss Boogie Back :(
:same:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
for reals though

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Fun fact the name of the Magical Girl team is the Kamakaze Fireballs.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
I like the old ending song better than this new one :(

Good episode overall though there were a couple of obvious copy-pasted animations (the fox guy's kick blast, 3 shots of Vegeta punching the same dude, and next week's Goku/Bergamo fight looks to have a fight sequence straight from the opening).

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Boogie Back was legit cool, like it was a decent tune that i'd listen too separate from DBS.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

StrifeHira posted:

I've felt that he kinda was since we first saw him, since they have similar outfits and most of Super has been doing fanservice stuff: sending up an argument like that wouldn't be too out there.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I really loved how Freeza was just like "Excuse me while I go enjoy myself" and just strolled out there blasting.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Goku and Gohan standing shoulder to shoulder rushing into battle in the end credits gives me hope for Gohan's future.

Smartest Dad. Strongest Dad.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I was confused to see 18 wander off on her own, which makes me think she'll be the first team 7 ring out unfortunately. Having said that maybe she'll start to coordinate with 17 and they'll do something cool.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Yeah, Vegeta, you punch that blue dude.

No, just keep punching.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I enjoyed Beerus getting frustrated at Goku not using his full power.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I laughed when half the team went off to do their own thing because they found the plan boring.

Best tournament would be if someone grabbing Goku and jumping off the ring with him at the beginning worked and he had to sit and watch the whole time.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Darko posted:

Best tournament would be if someone grabbing Goku and jumping off the ring with him at the beginning worked and he had to sit and watch the whole time.

This has been the Yardrat's plan the whole time.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Darko posted:

I laughed when half the team went off to do their own thing because they found the plan boring.

Super Saiyan Blue (balls).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

lezard_valeth posted:

For the longest time I thought this was it

is it just me or is the melody basically Dragon Soul?

• Locked thread