Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein

EmmyOk posted:

I'm in work as soon as I wake up unfortunately :saddowns: I'll have time to finish the Golden Age arc before bed Saturday night and uni on Sunday!

Yo I just caught up with the thread and honestly I'm really hanging out to hear your reaction to this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Frankenstein Dad posted:

Yo I just caught up with the thread and honestly I'm really hanging out to hear your reaction to this!

I was busy as a bee all week and I was just about to post that I'm starting to read it now! I got my holidays from work for two weeks and no university tomorrow :toot: I have the page opened where Griffith gets owned as well as chocolate milk so I am emotionally ready to handle whatever happens. Continuing on from where Guts had sex and talked about his dead dad.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
:munch:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That snake monster kind of looks like the Baron from the first chapter! The behelit seems to be making a reappearance, also Guts asked Casca to stay with him. Hrmmmmm

Like what the gently caress if they don't kiss at some point

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ah my old friend, powerful sense of dread, you've come back

e: casca held his hand I want to die gently caress you Griffith you fucker

e2: Is this the monster from volume 2 and 3? That happened seven years ago? Is current Guts only 25??

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 2, 2017

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Ah my old friend, powerful sense of dread, you've come back

e: casca held his hand I want to die gently caress you Griffith you fucker

e2: Is this the monster from volume 2 and 3? That happened seven years ago? Is current Guts only 25??

Watching your reactions is adorable.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'll use this post to store up a few reactions!

Hell yeah the Skeleton Man saved Rickert, I think he's a nice guy because he warned Guts too (I don't think this helped tho).

I bet this old general who unified the Midland is Skeleton Man, the next page after he is spoken about shows him in Skeleton Helmet.

Lmao the very next page is them being like "ah yeds perhaps he is the basis of The Skull man rumour" and Guts looking shocked.

Bit rude sending Angels to beat up the city tbqh. I watched the first little bit of the new anime and it has like some child witch?? talking about a fifth angel appearing. In this story Judeau mentions five and Casca says it was four, is Griffith the fifth? Is the Godhand the angels? I really want to know but I think bad things will happen soon when I find out. Pretty dope that God wiped this guy's city out and he's still knocking around as a Skull Man (presumably).

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ah gently caress

e: I don't think Guts will surrender quietly here

e: That double page is godlike

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jul 2, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Charlotte you are so loving basic

Oh no no no

e: Pippin is definitely going to die against this giant dog bastard :saddowns: ughhhhhh I didn't think the flashback would be so long. It's not even a flashback it's just a manga where everyone loving dies halway through I'm so sad

e: Guts being all like "I'll face you myself, Monster" is so cool, he's so cool

e:

good!

kiss imo

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 2, 2017

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am enjoying watching your reactions and stuff here. Just wanted to say that. Keep it up, please.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Emmy, you are OK

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Emmy are you OK? :ohdear:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This seems not so good

and it's getting worse

how is it getting even worse!!!

I AM ABOUT TO SUCK MY TEETH DOWN MY THROAT WITH TENSION

THIS IS PROBABLY NOT GOING TO END UP OKAY

shut up puck things are serious now you btich

WHY IS IT ALL HAPPENING SO QUICKLY NOWWWWWWWW AHHHH NOOO

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
yesssssss

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dead right, Guts, tell them to get hosed! Telling them you've seen Griffith naked and he didn't look like a Demon isn't the tack I'd have chosen but I support you!

SHUT YOUR MOUTH GUTS BEING A GREAT FREIND IS NOT A REASON FOR SACRIFICE YOU SNAKE HAIRED SLAG

AHHHH THE LORE IS SO GOOD BUT I'M SO SAD NOW DON'T BETRAY HIM GRIFFITH

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'll make a deal Godhand, you can have Corkus

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

DON'T YOU DAER

E: OH YOU loving oval office DO NOT SMIRK YOU FUCKBAG FOR FUCKS SAKE

GET IN THERE SKULL MAN AND SAVE THE DAY!!

e oh no the volume 13 cover no no no

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jul 2, 2017

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Estimating the reading rate from the post timestamps, I detect an impending chocolate milk shortage.

:munch:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
:stare:

:magical:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The chocolate milk isn't helping I'm so sad they're all dying and in the end it happened so fast and he didn't even hesitate to sell them all out!!

YOU'RE A loving LOSER BITCH PAL JUST gently caress OFF

YOU MIGHT BE KING poo poo BUT YOU'RE STILL JEALOUS CASCA WANTS GUTS, LOSER!!! HE CUT HIS ARM OFF I WAS WAITING THE WHOLE TIME ETO SEE HOW HE'D LOSE IT AND DIDN'T COP WHEN HIS ARM WAS IN THAT MOUTH

this is so loving depressing jesus loving christ gently caress you griffith just loving kill them not thsi

e: I WAS RIGHT TO BELIEVE IN THE SKELETON I DIDN'T THINK CASCA WOULD GET OUT OF THIS YESSSSS

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jul 2, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

OH WHAT THE gently caress

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

griffith did nothing wrong

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

EmmyOk posted:

:thumbsup:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Welcome, friend

Tosca Cake
Oct 30, 2011
This is beautiful :allears:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Okay it is 5AM and my eyes are like cracked ballbearings so bedtime but I am back in the current time line. Currently I am just shocked that Guts is 20 years old.

Going to reread the original chapters and see if anything new makes sense in light of the Golden Age stuff.

Current mood: "It's okay if the whole world dies as long as Guts takes Griffith's head off"

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
This ride has no brakes.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
It'll be okay. We're here

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

EmmyOk posted:

Going to reread the original chapters and see if anything new makes sense in light of the Golden Age stuff.
Hook, line, sinker. This is why the 90s anime was so awesome, I instantly went right back to the beginning to see what subtle cues I had missed.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Thank you for the reactions, it was a joy to read :allears:

The mounting horror of the Eclipse is really amazing. And then it just keeps going and going and getting worse and worse. Really captures the feeling of the worst kind of nightmare.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

YOU'RE STILL JEALOUS CASCA WANTS GUTS, LOSER

You have the order here slightly mucked up.

Additionally: exactly whose kid do you think is living with Caska and Griffith in his nightmare future

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Rodyle posted:

You have the order here slightly mucked up.

Additionally: exactly whose kid do you think is living with Caska and Griffith in his nightmare future

You are blowing my mind here

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

You are blowing my mind here

I'M SERIOUS THOUGH, THINK ABOUT IT! It has to be Guts' kid, cause it's not like there's ANY chance Griffith still has his junk after all that right?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Another one has been Branded.

Welcome to hell.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Welcome to the fray friend.

gently caress Griffith.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

EmmyOk posted:

OH WHAT THE gently caress

welcome friend

you have ascended

:tif:

I hope you keep us updated on further reading

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Wow, reading these reactions is pretty gre-

EmmyOk posted:

I will loving sacrifice you I swear to Godhand.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

EmmyOk posted:

Current mood: "It's okay if the whole world dies as long as Guts takes Griffith's head off"

And now, Brother (sister?), that you have passed this threshold, you are prepared to bicker with everyone else over morality, visual metaphors, and (poorly) attempt to be philosophical about the concept of evil within a context. Ascend the steps, for you have arrived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012