Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/andre/status/881359052248236032

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

oh my god

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/881359628612665344

dubs win the off season.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dejan Bimble posted:

ESPN's RPM really likes him, he was the 30th pf last year when he wasn't making or taking shots, and 7th or so this year. I think it's probably about 4m per year overpay but he fits their spurs international players are culture stuff, I don't think they were willing to lose him

Also even if last season's 3p% is an outlier his career 3p% (over his three seasons) is still .399

You could call him a proven shootist

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
"Shumpert, one of the best on-ball defenders in the game today, has become a fan-favorite to many of the Cavaliers faithful. There is no doubt his presence in the locker room, as well as on the floor, would certainly be missed should he be dealt away."

Don't sell Shumpert Cavs :cc

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
hahaha

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/881360153794269184

https://twitter.com/andre/status/881360982315999233

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

NBA twitter owns

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
lol at that post combo

but more lol at mine

I love you Shumpert can't believe we the same age and you a pro baller and I'm a pro cook

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm confused, how many titles is IT trying to claim for himself there?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Vertical Lime posted:

NBA twitter owns

I know what you did

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

verbal enema posted:

I know what you did

i'm always one second too late :negative:

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

If the Warriors bring back Iggy and Livingston that's a hell of a coup, and we should all be so lucky as to have team owners willing to pay out hundreds of millions for wins. Actually we should be so lucky as to not have team owners but in the meantime

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

It's going to be interesting when Lacob has to start writing huge luxury tax checks, he's not very wealthy by ownership standards on his own.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Okay random feud between Celtics and Heat fans now

https://twitter.com/youngwhiteside/status/881360855186776065

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

verbal enema posted:

"Shumpert, one of the best on-ball defenders in the game today, has become a fan-favorite to many of the Cavaliers faithful. There is no doubt his presence in the locker room, as well as on the floor, would certainly be missed should he be dealt away."

Don't sell Shumpert Cavs :cc

shumperts not actually a particularly good defender. hes fine at it, about as good as earl when earl is trying, but man hes a bad player

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Tae posted:

this is at least more on point if we're doing some dumb ring counting, like nobody cares about your stupid 50s and 60s titles, Boston/LA/etc. even that showtime poo poo is like 200 years ago at this point
least stick to the last 20 years jeez

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Eltoasto posted:

It's going to be interesting when Lacob has to start writing huge luxury tax checks, he's not very wealthy by ownership standards on his own.

In the context of overall team value it's a pittance. League structure and salary cap considerations are antiquated constructs, frankly

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Ghost Dog posted:

shumperts not actually a particularly good defender. hes fine at it, about as good as earl when earl is trying, but man hes a bad player

It was an article I bet you read it idk but it was about trading him only for cap space or whatever

He's a cool guy and he does try but I will always remember the '17 playoffs easy catch he had to skate to the rim and he loving boofed it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Ah yes the many championships won by Hassan Whiteside and Isiah Thomas

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The IT banging into LeBron picture

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Tae posted:

Punkin Spunkin posted:

this is at least more on point if we're doing some dumb ring counting, like nobody cares about your stupid 50s and 60s titles, Boston/LA/etc. even that showtime poo poo is like 200 years ago at this point
least stick to the last 20 years jeez

Lol at players bragging about championships they had nothing to do with.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I know I'm a bit late and Kibner's already railed against it but I'm pretty much alright with the Jrue contract. I think it's a slight overpay that's going to look better (or look more palatable) as the years go by.

If dudes like Teague are getting 19mil and Hill is commanding more than 20 mil then Jrue, a better and younger player than both, is at least worth more than that. 25's probably an overpay of like 2-3 million given the market but I don't think Demps wanted to play chicken with stupid teams like The Knicks or cap rich teams like Minnesota and Brooklyn. I think the fifth year was probably the cinch in that because we had plenty of time to figure out what other teams were willing to pay Jrue. If some team was going to toss 4/100 at him then we have to offer the same at 5.

Signing him was pretty important to keep our exceptions so he had a lot more leverage, but I can stomach a minor overpay. It's basically what you've gotta do in a smaller market with no history of success.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jul 2, 2017

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

illcendiary posted:

In the context of overall team value it's a pittance. League structure and salary cap considerations are antiquated constructs, frankly

Team value doesn't mean anything unless you sell the team. National TV and merch outside the arena is all split, so it comes down to tickets and local TV deals to finance deep luxury tax spending. I can't find any recent stuff about their TV deal. Also we now have the sponsor logos which they are saying is worth 15-20 mil a year, well that's what they are asking for.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

verbal enema posted:

I thought it was really cool when the nba let IT play with lebron

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Who was the guy that said Iggy was totally gonna get 20M+ AAV?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Doltos posted:

I thought it was really cool when the nba let IT play with lebron

I can't wait to see Bald Maniac LeBron this next season

He's going to bash people to bits

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Who was the guy that said Iggy was totally gonna get 20M+ AAV?

If it was a Warriors fan then he's probably fine with the turn of events

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

verbal enema posted:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Is Iggy getting $48 or $45? Rotoworld said they bumped it up to $48.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm confused, how many titles is IT trying to claim for himself there?

Hes trying to claim them all but hes coming up a little short

:haw:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spoeank posted:

Hes trying to claim them all but hes coming up a little short

:haw:

Bwahaha

:frogout:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

edit:

PJ Tucker to Houston. 4/$32.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

LeBron is doing the same thing he did the summer he bailed on Miami, so RIP Cavs

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Redgrendel2001 posted:

edit:

drat Vlade, we could have topped that

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Redgrendel2001 posted:

edit:

Morey saw what he had to give up for Shumpert and decided to just get better but older Shumpert now.

Would be interested in how many years are guaranteed. 4 years for a 32 year old is something.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

LeBron is doing the same thing he did the summer he bailed on Miami, so RIP Cavs
Going to a wedding in Phoenix?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Redgrendel2001 posted:

edit:

Backcourt looking good

Frontcourt is oof

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Intruder posted:

Backcourt looking good

Frontcourt is oof

Tucker is basically a 4 at this point in his career.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

tucker seems like a nice pickup. 4 years at his age isn't ideal, but not a huge deal at 8m. Morey is clearly on the hunt for defense at the moment, which makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

PJ tucker is a known Lebron Stopper and thus a great signing

• Locked thread