Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Lupus Rufus posted:

is it just me or is the melody basically Dragon Soul?

The chorus sounds quite similar now that I listen to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Hey, we did finally get to see what happens when someone does kaiyoken then kienzan.

Nothing at all.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I enjoyed the person with wings forgetting they could fly, and Krillin tossing a destructo disc haphazardly into a group of people in a no-kill tournament.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

It may be a no-kill tournament, but you can certainly Frieza your opponent; it's Dragonball, everyone is crazy durable if they're not human

I love how Old Kai sounds so fed up with Goku constantly letting his guard down

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
The Great Priest is phenomenal at child care.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I love that neither Piccolo NOR Krillin thought to loving aim their attacks.

Their attacks that ONLY work if they get a direct hit.

Roshi at least has an actual beam. Tien dropped the regular solar flare. Wonder what he's going to think when Krillin shows off the Super Solar Flare though

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
All of that was 1 minute. That means...only 47 episodes to go until the tournament is over.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Covok posted:

All of that was 1 minute. That means...only 47 episodes to go until the tournament is over.

i will watch fights of every single combatant against each other for the next decade if that's what they'll make

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Caidin posted:

The Great Priest is phenomenal at child care.

I would absolutely let him babysit my kids if I had any and he was real.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
But can you take your GodPad with you when taking a plane to the USA?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Also I love how Goku keeps looking towards Toppo's general direction and grinning

He literally is doing everything he could do to come off as :moreevil: in every universe's eyes. And he is not even doing it on purpose.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I'm a little sad that B Team immediately grouped up to have less consiquential mini-fights just like the same group has, more or less, done since Dragonball. I was hoping for more solo action from some of those guys. Then again, this is the very first episode and a lot can still happen. Also 18 you ditched Krillin at the first opportunity, ice cold :stare:

Other observations - I'm surprised the furries actually held their own, was expecting them to job immediately. Also as interesting as Jiren is I really hope they can stop sucking Goku's cock long enough to give the side characters and new enemies time to breathe. So far so good, but I'd be happy with even less Goku Time. The sumo pig was fun and that orc looked like it was teleported in from Orgrimmar. Also Caulifla's voice actress is incredible :allears:

I'm glad that this tournament is clearly running on Namek Time because there are so many entertaining characters!

EDIT: mixed up Cabba and Caulifla

Mr. Creakle fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 2, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

lezard_valeth posted:

Also I love how Goku keeps looking towards Toppo's general direction and grinning

He literally is doing everything he could do to come off as :moreevil: in every universe's eyes. And he is not even doing it on purpose.

Well, if you think about it, he is unintentionally evil. Goku doesn't want to hurt innocent people and doesn't want to kill his opponents if he doesn't have to, but he loves battle and is motivated to it to a fault. That's his tragic flaw. Beerus acknowledges it in their second fight. Freeza and Goku acknowledge this when Goku recruits Freeza. And many supporting characters comment on it. To him, even though a googleplex worth of lives are at stake, he's enjoying it because all he wants is to fight strong people. It's not his fault Zen-oh sama is hosting the tournament, despite the blame he receives. In a way, Goku saved his own universe as Zen-oh sama was going to wipe all those universes anyway and only gave them a change to live because of Goku's suggestion. But, he does accept this as-is and is more interested in just fighting for fun than the repercussions of his actions. Goku is a man motivated solely by battle, for good and ill, and, to those who end up in the cross-fire, he is evil in their eyes. Hell, Freeza has 23 hours left to ruin Universe 7 after this tournament and that's all because Goku wanted to fight someone powerful.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm very glad that Hit got that good hit in.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

extra row of teeth posted:

I'm surprised the furries actually held their own, was expecting them to job immediately.

To be fair, Poison wolf tied with Dad Form Gohan, Bergamo jobbed against Goku and Basil jobbed against Majin Buu, and even then he pushed him into getting serious which counts as an achivement in a way.

By no accounts were they weak, they just got pitted against some of the strongest of U7. Not every warrior from the Tournament is Gohan/Majin Buu level.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't belive GodPads are a thing.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i want to see caulifa and kale fight

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

We don't talk about GodHub.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

tbp posted:

i want to see caulifa and kale fight
They're going to have a healthy relationship together, actually.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm glad Piccolo learned how to fire his special beam cannon quickly

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Raxivace posted:

They're going to have a healthy relationship together, actually.

i mean other combatants, and not one another. caulifa vs goku would own

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
that caulifla and kale exist as a super saiyan power couple in tyool2017 is so amazing to me, it brings tears of joy to my eyes.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Covok posted:

In a way, Goku saved his own universe as Zen-oh sama was going to wipe all those universes anyway and only gave them a change to live because of Goku's suggestion.

Honestly, I would be fine with this explanation if it weren't just straight up not true, considering the number of times we've gone into the future in different universes and everything was fine.

edit: Well, fine as in not literally everything was destroyed. The futures had their problems but they had nothing to do with Zen-oh.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Lupus Rufus posted:

that caulifla and kale exist as a super saiyan power couple in tyool2017 is so amazing to me, it brings tears of joy to my eyes.
It's kind of impressive too for a series that started out with General Blue.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Except Future Trunks' timeline is explicitly an alternate world whose history has deviated from ours.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Except Future Trunks' timeline is explicitly an alternate world whose history has deviated from ours.

And the only relevant deviation is that Goku is dead. Also we saw thousands of years in the future in U10, and things were still around just fine.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Saagonsa posted:

And the only relevant deviation is that Goku is dead.

... along with the majority of the cast.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Zeno could be so enthralled with the fight that he's like "waaaait, you wanna kill them all? no gently caress that, this is so much fun! let's just keep making the mortals think we're gonna wipe them out on a moment's notice and keep having this game!"

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

TFRazorsaw posted:

Of a backwater mudball no one in the universe cares about.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's not really running on namek time as it has to show multiple things that are going on at the same time.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

Of a backwater mudball no one in the universe cares about.

I'm not saying that, I'm saying it's a pretty significant deviation timeline wise.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

RBX posted:

It's not really running on namek time as it has to show multiple things that are going on at the same time.

Goku:

- Had a fight with bird person
- Intensely stared at Toppo
- Intensely stared at Jiren
- Got hold and slowly dragged to the edge of the arena (slowly part reinforced by conversation)
- Had a small talk with Kai and Beerus

1 minute elapsed. We are way into Namek Time Dilation.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Talking does not take time in anime

Covok
May 27, 2013

Saagonsa posted:

Honestly, I would be fine with this explanation if it weren't just straight up not true, considering the number of times we've gone into the future in different universes and everything was fine.

edit: Well, fine as in not literally everything was destroyed. The futures had their problems but they had nothing to do with Zen-oh.

I mean they explicitly say this is the case in the show. Once during the the exhibition and once later on during the filler leading up to the tournament. So that's the shows actual take on things. From the horse's mouth basically.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I am totally down with Namek time dilation because it's not just goku and frieza fighting, it's 80 motherfucking people fighting.

I'm calling it, Vegeta get's done in real quick in the tourney

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Talking does not take time in anime

Talking is a free action? Well, if this is Namekian time dilation, at least they're leaning into it by having all sorts of ridiculous poo poo happening concurrently.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Covok posted:

I mean they explicitly say this is the case in the show. Once during the the exhibition and once later on during the filler leading up to the tournament. So that's the shows actual take on things. From the horse's mouth basically.

And Zen-oh also said that he would hold the tournament, and he forgot incredibly quickly. I wouldn't doubt that he would just constantly forget to delete the bad universes for eternity of someone didn't have the guts to try and remind him.

TFRazorsaw posted:

And literally nothing that happens to the people of Earth matters in the eyes of Zen-oh. He doesn't even notice it. So the massive alteration of history only really extends as far as there being no one more powerful than Trunks on earth, so Babidi gets there much later and gets his rear end handed to him because there's not Vegeta to control and summon Buu. There's also no SSG, so Beerus never shows up. Because of that, Zen-oh never gets involved and he instead continues to gently caress around and not do anything of note until Goku comes along and summons him to take care of Zamasu. There's no reason to think this separate timeline at all affected anyone outside of U7 up until the Zamasu saga, considering none of the events that were changed had any relevance to anyone outside of it.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Fargin Icehole posted:

I am totally down with Namek time dilation because it's not just goku and frieza fighting, it's 80 motherfucking people fighting.

I'm calling it, Vegeta get's done in real quick in the tourney

there is 0 chance vegeta does not last a good while

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Look, this is all moot. It's canon that whatever happens after history changes has no bearing on the timeline the time traveller came from, and it's a fundamental element of the Cell saga. Zen-oh's will has nothing to do with any of it, especially considering creating the alternate timeline caused an alternate version of Zen-oh to exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah this fight is going to end in Goku/Vegeta with their big fights while the other new Saiyans get to fight Frieza or something.

• Locked thread