Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

-Blackadder- posted:

What are the good Final Fantasy games after 8?

Yes.

(They're all good but we can all agree that 13 was definitely one of the weakest in the series. Pick one you think looks cool and get going!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Yes.

(They're all good but we can all agree that 13 was definitely one of the weakest in the series. Pick one you think looks cool and get going!)

Ehhhh. I agree the combat for 13 is good. I think It might be the only one where debuffs are a must. But that story. Woof. I would go as far to say it has no story.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

Ehhhh. I agree the combat for 13 is good. I think It might be the only one I can think of where debuffs are a must. But that story. Woof. I would go as far to say it has no story.

I like 13! I love the combat!

Do NOT play it as your FF of choice after 8. Do 12 or X or 9 first (in order of my personal preferences) as it's basically a colorful tube that doesn't sell itself well at all.

13-2 was also good but with the same weird nonsensical plot and easier combat, and I just bought LR.

But don't start here. Please, please treat yourself to the others first.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Opinion post on FFs after 8:

9: Old-school, I hear it has a good port. Play this for a big, expansive world that you explore while following an incredibly charming cast of characters. It opens by having you crash a theatre show, it has a badass princess, it's goofy and fun - and big. I made it to the second disc back when I played it on the PSX and burnt myself out trying to do everything. Combat's not my favorite in the series - a bit slow, there's a steal mechanic that makes my inner-completionist try to steal things from bosses - but it's functional and fun to play with once you escape my OCD tendencies. Probably the game with the most heart.

tl;dr You're a thief, help a princess go on a wild journey and evade her bodyguard.

X: A roadtrip through a tropical (at first) world towards tragedy and drama in a surprisingly compelling story. Tidus is a doofus, but he's a lovable doofus with a bad dad. This has probably my favorite combat in the franchise, with fast, snappy skills and interesting tactical choices - not to mention how much fun it is to fill out those sphere grids. If I were you, I'd get this one as I love it the most out of the ones on Steam. (I, er, haven't played the ports though because I played it on my PS2...) - The big downers with this game are that the game world is pretty linear - you do get an airship, but it's more exploring a well-worn road that you've traveled over. And the voice acting is notorious for being the first FF game with the stuff. (Tidus' laugh is a meme, see.) BUT. Unlike FF13's colorful tube, there's an actual world you interact with here - you visit cities, you do sidequests and find the little weird places off the main trek - it's just, it's a well-realized world with a lot of fun and a lot of good moments.

tl;dr Roadtrip across paradise as a football player teamed up with a priestess and pals so you can stop a monster from destroying the world.

X-2: Don't start here, but when you finish X, yes. It's goofy and fun and features magical girl class-changes mid-battle.

11: MMO. Never played.

12: Best in the franchise (FIGHT ME) despite the way you can see the executive meddling and production messed up the plot. It's almost MMO-y - but damnit, the world is so rich and fun to explore, combat is a delight, and it has some really, really impressive set pieces. I love the serious plot, I love living in the land as you trek all over it, I love its wacky skill systems. ... Okay when I say best in the franchise I mean it's the one closest to my heart, but listen, it's actually good. When it comes to PC please play it.

tl;dr Team up with a band of ex-nobles and soldiers and a bunnygirl so you can fight the evil empire.

13: Colorful linear tube with really good combat. The plot is a mess and you have to read most of it as the cutscenes are mindboggingly incomprehensible. You will not get to make choices about ANYTHING you're doing until you hit an area very late in the game that opens up - and then closes back up for the rest of the plot. I like it because I like Fang and Vanille, I like reading the plot, and it was really, really pretty....but ye gods, it's not the best in the franchise.

tl;dr I actually don't remember. I know someone's mom dies, and I know Vanille's lying about something, but damnit if I remember details. Fight... a lot of monsters....?

13-2: Like 13 but they actually put in towns, talking to people, side-quests, and choices in! It's actually good, except for how combat gets tediously easy and the plot continues to be intensely confusing. There's time travel! There's an evil anime dude! Don't start here.

13-3, Lightning Returns: aha, finally. I just bought this, and it's basically FF + Majora's Mask. The world will end in 13 days, and you're here to save people's souls so they get reborn in the new world. Someone's trying to end the world before it gets ended, Lightning wants to save an old friend who's turned evil, I'll find out what happens next. The combat is really fluid and fun with costume-changes mid-combat! There's a time limit, too, but I hear it isn't a tight one. ... I still wouldn't start with this one though, not with 9, X and 12 sitting above it on the list.

I'm probably wrong, but that's how it is with FF games.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
As far as Final Fantasy games go after 8, I'm pretty sure 10 is the best by about a thousand miles.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

BigRed0427 posted:

I would say 6, but you might be better off just finding a ROM for the SNES version somewhere.
Then GBA remake fixes the SNES problems that result in bricking saves and adds in new stuff as well.

There is a new version of FF12 coming out so you might as well wait for that.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Did another dive into hidden gem threads and came up with another list of possible gems/trash. Any feedback on what to keep/drop?

Crimzon Clover
Militia
Kalimba
Megabyte Punch
Party Hard
ClusterPuck 99
NEO Scavenger
Rusty Lake Bundle
Milkmaid of the Milky Way
Lily Looking Through
Party Golf
Pharaoh Rebirth
Paint it Back
Headlander
Wand Wars
DarkMaus
OVIVO
Snake Pass
Valley
The Way

EDIT: Dropped REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR, added Pharaoh Rebirth
EDIT 2: I've gone mad. Added a bunch of other stuff

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jul 2, 2017

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Wait, there are hidden gem threads?

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Wait, there are hidden gem threads?

In some places, yeah.

Example on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/6k1u3h/hidden_gems_ii_the_sale_strikes_back/
Neogaf: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1395940

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

DontMindMe posted:

Did another dive into hidden gem threads and came up with another list of possible gems/trash. Any feedback on what to keep/drop?

Crimzon Clover
Militia
Kalimba
Megabyte Punch
Party Hard
ClusterPuck 99
NEO Scavenger
REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR
Rusty Lake Bundle
Lily Looking Through
Party Golf

Of that lot, I would get Crimzon Clover and skip Revolver360 - I like them both, but Crimzon Clover is the best shmup on steam and Revolver is neat but really more of a novelty. No clue about the rest though!

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

Of that lot, I would get Crimzon Clover and skip Revolver360 - I like them both, but Crimzon Clover is the best shmup on steam and Revolver is neat but really more of a novelty. No clue about the rest though!

Thanks!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You're welcome - also I'm an idiot who misread - Neo Scavenger has been highly recommended as a tough survival-focused roguelike in the roguelikes thread. I haven't gotten it myself but I haven't heard a negative word about it yet, and boy howdy is that crowd picky.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

DontMindMe posted:

Crimzon Clover
Militia
Kalimba
Megabyte Punch
Party Hard
ClusterPuck 99
NEO Scavenger
Rusty Lake Bundle
Lily Looking Through
Party Golf
Pharaoh Rebirth

Party Hard is fun as gently caress, you go around murdering the poo poo out of, well, parties, with loads of environmental kills as well as just knifing people with a big fuckoff knife.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Thanks for all the Final Fantasy feedback goons. After reading posts, and watching some videos on youtube, I've decided to go with X/X-2 HD Remaster for now, and pick up the others down the line.

I got another big question I could use some advice on. I played and enjoyed Skyrim but none of the other elder scrolls games so...

Morrowind or Oblivion?

And can you guys talk about the differences between them and if they're still worth playing?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

-Blackadder- posted:

Yeah, I meant that I'd already played all those games and was looking for other games like those.

I agree though, M&MX Legacy was really fun, probably the best first person dungeon crawler experience I've had in years.

Yeah I figured as much I just wasn't sure cause a lot of people itt post lists to look for a recommendation. I think your list was p comprehensive as far as this genre goes sadly, if you end up finding something please post back cause i might pick it up too.

For the rest of the thread M&MX is prolly one of my favorite games in the last couple years and is a super overlooked gem, it's very approachable for what it is and well worth 9 or w/e bucks. If you read the steam forums on it people will try to say you need to do x/y/z to have a functional team but I was using some of the jankiest classes in my first playthrough and still did fine, the options may seem overwhelming at first but honestly everything you could want to do is viable. The puzzles and lore of the world are spot on and it's a unique experience you won't get from really any other modern game. The default difficulty is totally reasonable but it also has harder options if you find yourself falling into some truly classic dnd min/maxing fervor.

It's almost like a turn based dark souls in a way, often the first time you encounter a boss or particularly eventful fight you'll find yourself caught off guard but thinking "oh, so that's the gimmick" and when you try again you'll be able to handle it. You're free to explore but often areas you don't really belong in will be gated with enemies you can't handle (but can avoid) and basically everything about it ends up feeling rewarding and immersive.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jul 2, 2017

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

-Blackadder- posted:

Thanks for all the Final Fantasy feedback goons. After reading posts, and watching some videos on youtube, I've decided to go with X/X-2 HD Remaster for now, and pick up the others down the line.

I got another big question I could use some advice on. I played and enjoyed Skyrim but none of the other elder scrolls games so...

Morrowind or Oblivion?

And can you guys talk about the differences between them and if they're still worth playing?
Both games are very mechanically dated and returning to them after playing through Skyrim may be difficult depending on what it is about it that appealed to you. People often find Morrowind charming enough to overlook it's flaws, especially if they're the sort of person who enjoys exploring strange worlds with little guidance. It's also much more open to experimentation than it's successors due to a combination of spell crafting and open-ended quest design.

In many ways, Oblivion feels like it's aged more poorly than Morrowind. The leveling system is incredibly obtuse, and the setting is much less interesting. I personally couldn't stand to look at it for long enough to become involved in the narrative, but I've heard people praise it's faction quests, and many consider the Shivering Isles DLC to be the best in the series.

basalt fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 2, 2017

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

-Blackadder- posted:

Morrowind or Oblivion?
Morrowind: you generate a character getting every single bonus to bow skill. You proceed to miss stationary crabs the size of a car bonnet. You install titty mods.

Oblivion: Nothing you do or say matters: you'll be a hero of all trades anyway, simultaneously the famous arena champion and the unseen leader of the Dark Brotherhood. Everyone is ugly, so you install a weird hierarchy of titty mods.

Daggerfall: You get a randomly generated quest to explore a generated cave, where there is no floor. You go to sleep in an inn, wake up at night to random ghosts and get arrested for breaking the curfew.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

-Blackadder- posted:

Morrowind or Oblivion?

Oblivion is Skyrim except they had one dude designing all the dungeons so they're all even more generic than Skyrim. It also hasn't aged particularly well graphics-wise. I'd go with this if you want more like Skyrim and are willing to take a few steps back in game design.

Morrowind is definitely a hugely different experience from the later two. Its way more fiddly and old-school in its design in both good and bad ways. Things like Fast Travel don't exist so you have to use transportation services or run/fly everywhere. Combat rolls dice behind the scenes based on your stats so 'hitting' someone with a sword or arrow isn't actually guaranteed to hit them. It has an incredibly amount of jank, but if you can get past that its a really weird and fun entry. Definitely a hugely different experience from Skyrim though.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

StrixNebulosa posted:

12: Best in the franchise (FIGHT ME) despite the way you can see the executive meddling and production messed up the plot. It's almost MMO-y - but damnit, the world is so rich and fun to explore, combat is a delight, and it has some really, really impressive set pieces. I love the serious plot, I love living in the land as you trek all over it, I love its wacky skill systems. ... Okay when I say best in the franchise I mean it's the one closest to my heart, but listen, it's actually good. When it comes to PC please play it.

tl;dr Team up with a band of ex-nobles and soldiers and a bunnygirl so you can fight the evil empire.

WAIT IS FFXII CONFIRMED TO BE COMING TO PC????

also i have a lot of the same opinions and xii is also my fave

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

-Blackadder- posted:

Morrowind or Oblivion?

Oblivion is basically Skyrim but uglier. It has all the same problems Skyrim has: bad combat, writing, even worse dungeon design, lots of bleh quests, etc. Still, if you like exploring a big fantasy world and don't reallly care about all that, it's maybe worth a look.

Morrowind's biggest issues are that its old and ugly and clunky. For example, even though combat is pretty much the same as the following games, it relies on "dice rolls" for whether your attacks connect or not. Like you're in first-person view swinging an axe and your axe hits the enemy but it actually misses because the game calculates a dice roll for it.

Morrowind is much more of a rpg than skyrim and oblivion in how what you do has an effect on things. Whether you like it or not will probably depend on if you have played a lot of older rpgs or at least have a tolerance for them. I'd have a hard time imagining someone that doesn't or hasn't played a bunch of older rpgs not being turned off by the looks and how combat initially works.

Sivek fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jul 2, 2017

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Definitely skip Oblivion. It's really quite bad and inch deep shallow and repetitive as gently caress with everything wrong about Skyrim but several orders of magnitude worse. There isn't even really that much interesting to explore with everything being the same. Awful writing and so as well.

I'd even be hesitate to rec Morrowind today still but it's definitely cool at the time and if you get past jank and old graphics it's worth it at least. Oblivion has no redeeming qualities over Skyrim and not even by a long shor

There are much better older & modern games to spend your precious time on earth playing

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I'll throw out the odd but true note that both Elder Scrolls Online and FF14 can be soloed for huge chunks of the game, have huge and beautiful worlds, and in the case of FF14, pretty awesome story and unbelievably good music.

ESO did a big update about a year ago that basically means you can go anywhere right from the start, so you're free to explore a giant ES world, and the Morrowind expansion that just came out is... literally Morrowind.

Might not be what you're looking for if you want a strictly solo experience, but if you're in an ES/FF mood, they'll scratch the itch and then some.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The main quest in Oblivion somehow stopped working, so I am mad about the base game. Boring and shallow as hell. Check out the Nehrim mod. It is a good game you can play without the hassle of dozens of mods.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Artelier posted:

WAIT IS FFXII CONFIRMED TO BE COMING TO PC????

also i have a lot of the same opinions and xii is also my fave

It's not confirmed but I have intense faith - I mean, X and X-2 made it over. (And if it doesn't come over I will go to Squeenix myself to yell at them)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

-Blackadder- posted:

Morrowind or Oblivion?

Which of these had a completed mod porting the game into Skyrim?

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
^^^ Haha, it actually does sound like I'd be better off just installing one of those total conversion mods for Skyrim.

Anyone ever try Enderal?

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jul 2, 2017

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

-Blackadder- posted:

Morrowind or Oblivion?

Morrowind's a tough start, but ultimately satisfying if you can get past the jank. Going from a lovely rear end in a top hat who can't hit a crab with a stick and gets winded after a short walk to a flying demigod is a fun experience. It also has a lot of fun ways you can game the system after you get a handle on how things work. On the other hand, Oblivion has no redeeming features outside of an alright expansion. So,

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

-Blackadder- posted:

Morrowind or Oblivion?

Morrowind is clunky and very difficult to play but is about a million times more interesting in story and setting.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

Yeah, just about the entire thing is co-op, playing it with my brother after we picked it up this sale. The parkour's also really good, probably the best first-person take on it around. Now would also be a good time to buy into it since they recently announced that they'll be putting out a year's worth of free DLC, inexplicably.

They probably do the DLC to apologize for The Following. The main game is great, but that DLC does so many things wrong. It has nearly no parcour, the buggy have a grindy refuel mechanism, missions are deliberately far away from each other so you have to drive around for miles and there are endless spawns of runner zombies in several places, plus the car engine sound makes it hard to use voice com in co-op.
Don't get me wrong the base game rocks, but Bozack's Horde is a mindless repetitive grind fest that is the only way to get a better bow and The Following only works in co-op if you have a laser focused, coordinated group, otherwise it takes ages and gets very annoying.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

-Blackadder- posted:

Anyone ever try Enderal?

Enderal is one of the most impressive total conversions I've ever seen. Most of it is straight up AAA quality. Even the voice work, which is usually where these kinds of mods fall apart, is just a bit amateurish at worst. It's also BIG.

The design is old school-ish. No level scaling monsters. XP driven skills, and a talent tree instead of 'learn by doing'. All loot is hand placed.

It's also really easy to install: it comes with its own launcher that will do all the downloading, installing and updating for you. It also makes a backup of your original Skyrim mod setup, which you can restore at any time with the launcher.

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005

DontMindMe posted:

Crimzon Clover
Militia
Kalimba
Megabyte Punch
Party Hard
ClusterPuck 99
NEO Scavenger
Rusty Lake Bundle
Lily Looking Through
Party Golf
Pharaoh Rebirth
Paint it Back
Headlander
Wand Wars
DarkMaus
OVIVO
Snake Pass
Valley
The Way

EDIT 2: I've gone mad. Added a bunch of other stuff

I was really disappointed with Party Hard, it's got a lot of slow paced repetitive gameplay and is really finicky about the player being spotted and having the police called on them. All you can do is stab people, use special items with one or two charges, and utilize environmental kills. The environmental kills should have been the source of a lot of variety and strategic gameplay, but they generally just involve the people around them getting killed and you having to figure out how you're going to off the rest of the party-goers together in a big room without someone spotting you and running to a phone. I felt Party Hard was a boring waste of an interesting premise.

Crimzon Clover's fun, lots of action and big explosions, good stuff.

I liked what little I played of NEO Scavenger, but couldn't get very far because I always seemed to get demolished by a random encounter that I felt I should have been ready for and once I was proven wrong, couldn't escape from. That's probably just me not taking the time to fully understand how to approach combat situations though.

I played some of Lily Looking Through and wasn't terribly impressed. It's one of those 'find the order to click on things to progress your character through a scene' type of games with some world shifting thrown in. Nothing about it really grabbed me, though admittedly I didn't give it much of a chance.

Headlander is a fun and silly Metroid style game with a lot of charm and a visually intriguing 70's aesthetic. Recommended.

I haven't seen anyone talk about Lakeview Cabin Collection yet, $2.49 on Steam. Watching some Youtube gameplay is probably the best way to understand the game's appeal.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

DontMindMe posted:

Rusty Lake Bundle
Lily Looking Through

Keep Milkmaid. It's a really charming and good-natured adventure game that's overall really lovely to play through. Only takes about two hours, which is a little short, but then again it's $3 right now so that's okay. I was going to post a recommendation for it in this thread because it's been my favorite from what I've bought in the sale (so far, admittedly I have not played even a third of the games I've bought yet). The only caveat is that it's written in rhymes so that may or may not annoy. Search your feelings.

Keep Rusty Lake. They can be a little obtuse at times, but nothing too bad, and combined they gave me about 7 hours. The engine kind of sucks (seems to be in flash?) and they were clearly designed for touch controls, but that shouldn't be a dealbreaker. They're basically a series of vignettes where each one is a puzzle / task. They do get kind of violent, though.

I would probably... drop Lily Looking Through. It's not bad, but it's a step down from the above two. Mostly I remember the animations being really slow and tedious to sit through, which made the whole thing a bit of a chore to play.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Anyone playing Pathfinder Adventures? Any good?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

mike12345 posted:

Anyone playing Pathfinder Adventures? Any good?

It's decent, but since literally everything is dice driven you'll have long streaks where the game just fucks you over and you lose without really being able to do anything about it. Before getting burned out I played the mobile version a lot for a couple of weeks so it definitely does a lot right as well.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Anyone try Asura?

I'm looking to scratch my ARPG itch and I think it's the only I haven't played yet, since I've already played recent stuff like Victor Vran, Van Helsing, Grim Dawn, and Path of Exile, Torchlight I&II, etc.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Der Shovel posted:

It's decent, but since literally everything is dice driven you'll have long streaks where the game just fucks you over and you lose without really being able to do anything about it.

That's very accurate to the Pathfinder tabletop experience

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Yeah, Morrowind was great for its time, but it's very much one of the bad old RPG's.

Everything you do builds up, and by the end of the game you'll be a ridiculous murder machine that can jump across half the map in a single bound, but for every hour of actual , enjoyable gameplay there's going to be five+ hours of taking detailed notes as you search every house and talk to every NPC, then move at a very slow pace across the massive map to do the thing you need to do so you can do the things to start the questlines to go to the fun part of the game.

And it's easy to mess up your game and be unable to finish, because you missed something, or killed an NPC, or failed to realize there was a hidden time limit to something.

Anyway, is AssCreed: Rogue worth :10bux:?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Ghetto Prince posted:

Anyway, is AssCreed: Rogue worth :10bux:?
Do you really want more Black Flag gameplay?

Freedom Cry exists.

Do you want even more Black Flag gameplay, on ice? Sure.

Interested in the story? Maybe not so much.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Mister Adequate posted:

Ask ten FF fans this question and you'll get eleven opinions. For my part, X is the greatest the series has ever been, and X-2 is secretly solid gold. I dislike IX personally, but the Steam port is, by all accounts, extremely solid.

Yeah, I'd concur that X is my favorite. It's just the most fun of the ones I've played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"
Cross-posting from the Steam thread as the region thing might be interesting for more people/get more answers here.

Quick question about Steam gifting and their region-retarded thing:
I jumped on a key in the gift thread and got this message when trying to activate it:

"Not Available
Sorry, but the following items are not avilable for purchase in this country. Your purchase has been cancelled."

-Game was Saints Row IV.
-I don't have it from before.
-I'm situated in Norway, we don't have any censorship on games at all, so I would expect all versions to activate normally.

Never had this happen to my before, all keys have activated pefectly before. Anyone knows what's up?

Game is no biggie, but I would sure like to understand the region thing better, if it fucks up even activating keys at this point.

• Locked thread