Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
repeating
Nov 14, 2005

quote:

Then they came for the last 4 of every SSN, voting record, driver's license number, address--and there was no one left to speak for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
CNN reports Trump has made more than double the amount of tweets attacking the media than nice tweets towards the military and its veterans, so, of course...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/881373634585079808

That timestamp, tho

Trump's so pissed and easily played. I'm sure he thinks those 20,000 bots immediately loving each of his tweets are real people, it fuels him, and that's loving dangerous.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Boris Galerkin posted:

Isn't that actually 100% wrong though? The president isn't the boss of congress nor does it imply that he's the leader of the party he's representing. The first one is enshrined in the constitution or whatever, and the latter: remember that it is the party that chooses who they want to represent their agenda. He's just another member of their party, albeit with a more powerful position.

Saying Trump isn't 100% wrong that he's the boss of the republicans is like saying "well technically the guy in the Micky Mouse costume is the boss of Disneyland."

the reasoning devin nunes gave for briefing the president on the investigation (which he shouldn't have done obviously) was that trump was his boss. the gop really doesn't understand how any of this is supposed to work.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Prester Jane posted:

So Paul Weyrich is a name that comes up in my own research as well. He is nuts-deep in connections to the Council for National Policy, ALEC, and helped promote Accelerated Christian Education behind the scenes. Needless to say I am very interested in seeing where your research leads Pillowpants.

You know he helped create Heritage, ALEC, CNP, International Policy Forum (basically a ghost org), Free Congress Foundation, The Krieble Institute, Coalitions for America, National Empowerment Television etc etc etc.

One thing you might be interested to know is that a lot of the big names on the right come to the defense of Weyrich immediately until I start throwing the Op/Eds he wrote with Lozansky at them.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

pepito sanchez posted:

CNN reports Trump has made more than double the amount of tweets attacking the media than nice tweets towards the military and its veterans, so, of course...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/881373634585079808

That timestamp, tho

Trump's so pissed and easily played. I'm sure he thinks those 20,000 bots immediately loving each of his tweets are real people, it fuels him, and that's loving dangerous.

does he ever sleep?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Tomorrow morning CNN should talk about how he hasn't talked about his dick in a while.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I hear Trump has a tiny wiener.

repeating
Nov 14, 2005
holy making GBS threads gently caress

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/340330-possible-war-authorization-repeal-reflects-growing-shift-in-gop

quote:

No one was more surprised than Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) on Thursday when her language revoking the administration's war authority was unexpectedly backed by Republicans and added to a must-pass defense spending bill.

e: apparently i somehow missed this

repeating fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jul 2, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

lol if the republicans pass a bill to strip Trump of his war powers.

JUST IMPEACH HIM COWARDS

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Chilichimp posted:

lol if the republicans pass a bill to strip Trump of his war powers.

JUST IMPEACH HIM COWARDS
It's probably a long shot, but some reps are working on an alternative to impeachment:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/bill-create-panel-remove-trump-office-quietly-picks-democratic-support-124521145.html

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

It wouldn't surprise me if Trump wants it too since it removes a great deal of responsibility from his job.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Majorian posted:

Luckily, it doesn't actually auto-launch the missiles, and if he tried to blow up the world, I'm pretty sure he would be "discouraged" from ordering such a strike by his military advisers and secret service.

Also, he has to READ the card. That fact alone makes me confident that he won't do it. :v:

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
This thread talks a big game but do any of us literally drive into Appalachia to beat up Republicans on the regular? This guy does.

quote:

When Daniel Harnsberger leaves his home on the East Coast and drives into Appalachia, he usually packs a T-shirt covered in Hillary Clinton faces and spandex wrestling briefs that say "Progressive Liberal."

That's his wrestling persona — and his costume. And most weekends, Harnsberger dons it to work in semipro regional circuits as a stereotypical coastal elite who trolls in Donald Trump country. (He sometimes also wears a shirt that says "Not My President.")

[...]

He was wrestling in a small town in West Virginia. As Harnsberger recalls, the promoter told him to "be the biggest heel you can be." That was easy for Harnsberger, who's always been a fan of wrestling heels — cartoonish bad guys whose job is to rile up the crowd.

So he took the microphone and brought some of Trump's campaign rhetoric into the ring: "I said, 'I hope Trump doesn't build a wall around Mexico. Instead I hope he builds it around this town so you people can't infiltrate the population.' And that got a heated reaction."

[...]

In character, Harnsberger tells crowds he'll take their guns. He says he wants to "reprogram" Trump supporters to make them favor renewable energy over coal.

"I know how you stupid Trump voters think," the Liberal Progressive says in one video for Appalachian Mountain Wrestling. "Allow me to illustrate: dur-dur-dur, I love coal. Dur-dur-dur, I love mountains."

[...]

And in the ring, he finishes off opponents with a move called the "Liberal Agenda" he described recently to Sports Illustrated:

"It's just a cross-arm neckbreaker, so if I'm standing in front of you, I'm grabbing each of your wrists, crossing your arms, then twisting you for a standard neckbreaker. I call that the Liberal Agenda so then the announcer says, 'Oh, he hit him with his Liberal Agenda!' "

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Quorum posted:

This thread talks a big game but do any of us literally drive into Appalachia to beat up Republicans on the regular? This guy does.

The Radical Centrist

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Daniel "The Neoliberal" Nelson

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/881503147168071680

:psyduck:

B B
Dec 1, 2005

What a time to be alive.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Found a way around the press sec bot.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

"I mean, not that I'm in favour of the state suplexingsuppressing the media.... but that said..."

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

are you serious right now

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

"I want an ambassador sent to this Kekistan right away. Can Baron do it?"

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

BAH GAWD

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I keep looking for the misspelled handle but no

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I hope whatever intern was ultimately ordered to produce that video has the email containing that order printed out, framed, and sent to the national archives

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/881505186497343488

:dogbutton:

edit: er, that's @POTUS RT'ing RDT, btw.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

This can't be real

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

This is The President of the United States lmao

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

How the gently caress is this real life?

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/881506511586902021

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/881506046266806272

reminder, lol

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He reads The Donald? Good god.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

There's a follow up clip with Trump on the receiving end of a Stone Cold Stunner. Someone should photoshop Mueller's face over Steve Austin's and tweet it to him. That would probably hasten the speed run a bit.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

haveblue posted:

I hope whatever intern was ultimately ordered to produce that video has the email containing that order printed out, framed, and sent to the national archives

Unsurprisingly, it's a gif from The_Donald.

business hammocks posted:

Didn't he do an AMA on there during the campaign?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

business hammocks posted:

He posted to the_donald

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

He posted to the_donald

What? When?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

https://www.reddit.com/user/the-realDonaldTrump

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
When will Reddit admins finally grow a spine and ban that subreddit? Knowing that the president himself gets his rocks off from reading it would make it that much sweeter.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Hutzpah posted:

When will Reddit admins finally grow a spine and ban that subreddit? Knowing that the president himself gets his rocks off from reading it would make it that much sweeter.

things that wont happen:
- twitter banning trump
- reddit shutting down the doanld
- impeachment proceedings
- mccain doing something about being disturbed

https://twitter.com/fordm/status/881509792258416640

Tatsuta Age fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jul 2, 2017

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I'm pretty sure this should be a huge deal

http://thegopwatchdog.com/meet-the-us-congressman-who-wrote-the-appendix-to-a-book-on-russians-lobbying-the-united-states/‬

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Lol i've finally destroyed my brain no way that is a real DJT tweet

• Locked thread