Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Taintrunner posted:

I've never seen a Rocky movie.

just watch rocky 4 its the only good one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Yug posted:

just watch Real Steel its the only good one

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Guy Goodbody posted:

Sorcerer has a ten minute long sequence of a truck driving very slowly over a bridge that's easily one of the greatest action scenes in movies
Man its amazing what director's were able to do back then; then Michael Cimino had to make Heaven's Gate and kill that dead.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
That sounds boring as hell though.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yug posted:

That sounds boring as hell though.

yeah, my post was intentionally ironic. I described the scene in the most technically accurate but boring way, and then said it was an amazing action sequence, which is just as accurate as my misleadingly boring description.

Irony.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think I have ever watched a Rocky movie all the way through. Saw some of the highlights and that stupid robot. Him ending the Cold War was pretty lol.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

oohhboy posted:

I don't think I have ever watched a Rocky movie all the way through. Saw some of the highlights and that stupid robot. Him ending the Cold War was pretty lol.

That's Rocky 4, it's great. They play the match in Russia and the Russians start cheering for him in the end and Rocky's American exceptionalism wins the day. The movie LITERALLY ended the Cold War.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
When Mike says he loves "schlock" Rocky 4 is the absolute pinnacle of schlock. I've never seen a movie that is its equal.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I watched 365 movies in a year one time and I never watched a rocky movie through either.

I've seen Over the Top twice though if that counts

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Light Gun Man posted:

I watched 365 movies in a year one time and I never watched a rocky movie through either.

I've seen Over the Top twice though if that counts

Of course it loving counts.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Of course it loving counts.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I've never seen Over the Top.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rocky Balboa is actually pretty good

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I've never actually seen a movie

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The HitB with the box office predictions is so funny because Mike is extremely wrong.

He predicted Beauty and the Beast would profit $100M.

He was off by a full billion.

And Wonder Woman certainly did not flop.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

We Know Catheters posted:

I've never seen Over the Top.

what's it like to be dead inside

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The HitB with the box office predictions is so funny because Mike is extremely wrong.

He predicted Beauty and the Beast would profit $100M.

He was off by a full billion.

And Wonder Woman certainly did not flop.

Yeah Mike really underestimated how much women would fork over dollars for bad movies that pandered to them.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
ActuallyI didn't see beauty and the beast, but wonder woman was loving horrible. I was too angry about the anglo-washing that occurred in beauty and the beast to watch it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Even if you've never seen a Rocky movie, put on Rocky IV right now. It's 4th of July weekend and it's the best movie ever.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Even if you've never seen a Rocky movie, put on Rocky IV right now. It's 4th of July weekend and it's the best movie ever.

I 100 percent endorse this message. I'm going to watch Rocky 4 sometime before or on 4th of july guaranteed.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Taintrunner posted:

I've never seen a Rocky movie.

Same here

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Trunko posted:

Same here

Jesus. :stare:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Guy Goodbody posted:

yeah, my post was intentionally ironic. I described the scene in the most technically accurate but boring way, and then said it was an amazing action sequence, which is just as accurate as my misleadingly boring description.

Irony.

Yikes! Is this the "fake posting" they're complaining about in QQcs???

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Maybe they're unamerican euroscum? I can;t imagine an american who's never seen a rocky movie though

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Saw Baby Driver tonight and am looking forward to the HitB on it.

Me personally (heh), I loved it. The action staging to a rhythm especially. That was fantastic, but the whole thing was great.

The main mystery for their HitB is how Mike pronounces Ansel Elgort.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Yug posted:

Maybe they're unamerican euroscum? I can;t imagine an american who's never seen a rocky movie though

they sound like 'russian bots'

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Orkin Mang posted:

they sound like 'russian bots'

They probably are. It makes me sick.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Yug posted:

They probably are. It makes me sick.

rocky is a fine movie by any standard. the sequels are a matter of tastte. the latest is decent.i find the haters are lonely in their personal lives. if that is they arent putins men,wchich is not clear at all

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I enjoyed the first Rocky movie, but felt no desire to watch the sequels

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Seen all the Rocky movies, don't like any of them.

My hot edgy take.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
I played Punch Out, I don't need to watch any Rocky films.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Seen all the Rocky movies, don't like any of them.

gently caress YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yug posted:

I'm euroscum (well more :ussr: really) and saw at least three of them. The first one is a cinema classic by any measure, Creed is very solid too, and the other one I remember was IV where Apollo Creed dies. That really disturbed me as a small kid, and I was probably too small to appreciate all the cold war stuff at the time, so I might check it out again. Also haven't seen Balboa so far.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Got a review of Transfivers 5 from my 5yo nephew who loves Transformers. He said he didn't understand the plot and the robots looked too ugly.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Yug posted:

Yeah Mike really underestimated how much women would fork over dollars for bad movies that pandered to them.

Wendar Wymon is a good movie and you're just an old crank.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Paladinus posted:

Got a review of Transfivers 5 from my 5yo nephew who loves Transformers. He said he didn't understand the plot and the robots looked too ugly.
did your nephew end with "that's my hot take"?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Zmej posted:

Actually he yelled about super bottles???

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Zmej posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X_dReiVVQM&t=7s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Zmej posted:

Nah, he proceeded to tell me about some Transformers mobile game where you can play as Optimus Prime from the cartoon, which was better than the movie.

• Locked thread