Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Toshimo posted:

When does the giveaway start actually handing stuff out? Tuesday?

Giveaway? Do you mean the physical loot chest thing or is there an in game one too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20852963/

First week ends July 4, says they will be emailing "in the days following the end of the week", which the official rules says is July 7 for the first week

A thought occurred - I think they don't have an in-game entry tracker since they don't know who all playing on Americas region is eligible for the big prizes. Perhaps making it seem like someone is eligible by giving them a entry counter is worrisome for bad PR if they win and get disappointed.

That said they need to market the eligible countries better in their media on this

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

dear blizzard please disable the ability to pick twin blades in hero league

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

SirSamVimes posted:

I dunno about HL, but twin blades is so much fun both with and as a stim Morales.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Smashy varian kicked my rear end last game

I really don't like playing against a varian no matter which build he is

I got him from the free giant bundle when 2.0 came out but I haven't played him yet. I should try him out.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I just noticed that the Rob Liefield looking Sonya skin has little comic book BOOM and POW things with her crit hits and in the little explosions from slam. It doesn't seem to happen every time, but once you know it's there you can't not see it. That's pretty neat.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

SirSamVimes posted:

I can't imagine Artanis would be very good if you couldn't use his W at all during a match.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Watching HCG right now: oh, so that's what Medivh can do! :monocle:
(Dignitas EU vs Team Expert game #2)

It really makes the games that I played with him look like a monkey flinging poo in comparison.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
That Massive Shove... holy gently caress.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I'm preemptively going to laugh at the poor souls that get hyped about winning one of the high value prices only for it to turn out that they'll get a dumb statue that's supposedly worth money and then they'll have to go through the headache of ebaying that trash.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Zwiebel posted:

I'm preemptively going to laugh at the poor souls that get hyped about winning one of the high value prices only for it to turn out that they'll get a dumb statue that's supposedly worth money and then they'll have to go through the headache of ebaying that trash.

I'd honestly rather have a bunch of loot boxes than the statue, Illidan sucks

Now if it were Arthas....

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Now if it were Arthas....

It would still be trash. Now if it were Murky...

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I'd be bummed if I won the Blizzcon trip, the last thing I'd want to do is hang out with the same people typing "gg fags" 35 seconds into a match

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

GenericOverusedName posted:

Smashy varian kicked my rear end last game

I really don't like playing against a varian no matter which build he is

I got him from the free giant bundle when 2.0 came out but I haven't played him yet. I should try him out.

Varian is my favorite QM pick right now along with Tassadar because he is versatile and good at enough things he can fit into any kind of random garbage team. I've played him every way there is and every way is good. He's a really great design and I wish there were more picks that were as versatile as that.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I'd be bummed if I won the Blizzcon trip, the last thing I'd want to do is hang out with the same people typing "gg fags" 35 seconds into a match

imagine the smell

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Libertine posted:

Varian is my favorite QM pick right now along with Tassadar because he is versatile and good at enough things he can fit into any kind of random garbage team. I've played him every way there is and every way is good. He's a really great design and I wish there were more picks that were as versatile as that.

I'd argue that a character that can be everything is actually really bad design

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

I'd argue that a character that can be everything is actually really bad design

Yeah it's absolutely terrible design objectively but it's great for queuing for quick match with my friends of mixed skill because it allows me to do literally anything depending on game situation.

E: Rereading my post your criticism is appropriate I'm just enthusiastic about him for those reasons.

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty
i look forward to shoving fools with my massive dong

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Guy Farting posted:

i look forward to shoving fools with my massive dong

Enough about Tychus

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Why didn't they just copy the overwatch event lootbox system of 1 guaranteed event item per box :psyduck:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

comatose posted:

Why didn't they just copy the overwatch event lootbox system of 1 guaranteed event item per box :psyduck:

They got tired of people saying how much better Heroes' lootbox system is than Overwatch's so they decided to do event boxes worse than Overwatch. That way it'd be even

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

comatose posted:

Because to do that without upsetting their rarity system and intended rate of shards dropping, they'd have to make like 80 more summer-themed portraits and sprays and voice lines. I'd rather have a few cool summer things with a lower drop rate than a flood of junk.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Macaluso posted:

They got tired of people saying how much better Heroes' lootbox system is than Overwatch's so they decided to do event boxes worse than Overwatch. That way it'd be even

Makes sense.

Vanilla Bison posted:

Because to do that without upsetting their rarity system and intended rate of shards dropping, they'd have to make like 80 more summer-themed portraits and sprays and voice lines. I'd rather have a few cool summer things with a lower drop rate than a flood of junk.

Yeah I hate getting cool things too.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

How dare they not give me all the free stuff in the first week of a 4-week event. Don't they know my taxes pay their salary :argh:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

BrianBoitano posted:

How dare they not give me all the free stuff in the first week of a 4-week event. Don't they know my taxes pay their salary :argh:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

giveaway official rules posted:

(iii) WHO ARE NOT
RESIDENTS OF THE STATES OF NORTH DAKOTA, VERMONT, CONNECTICUT, OR
MARYLYAND IN THE UNITED STATES, OR THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, CANADA

Just posting this in case these people think they live in real states or provinces. Sorry about not being eligible for a $350 Illidan statue, fellas

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

BrianBoitano posted:

:lol::lol::lol:

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Vanilla Bison posted:

Same, I could care less about the summer stuff.

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

comatose posted:

Yeah I hate getting cool things too.

The main complaint about Overwatch loot boxes: just not enough time to get all those exciting event-themed player icons!

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Vanilla Bison posted:

The main complaint about Overwatch loot boxes: just not enough time to get all those exciting event-themed player icons!

Surely theres a middle ground between the two? Yeah the overwatch boxes are jammed with filler but they do feel like they're part of the event. With the hots summer event I've probably opened 15 boxes and gotten nothing event related except one of the epic tychus skins and a legendary. It was a dva skin. I think I'm just salty and unlucky.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

BrianBoitano posted:

Just posting this in case these people think they live in real states or provinces. Sorry about not being eligible for a $350 Illidan statue, fellas

I just changed my Blizz address because of this post. Thanks.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

BrianBoitano posted:

wow what the gently caress do they have against north dakota

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

comatose posted:

Surely theres a middle ground between the two? Yeah the overwatch boxes are jammed with filler but they do feel like they're part of the event. With the hots summer event I've probably opened 15 boxes and gotten nothing event related except one of the epic tychus skins and a legendary. It was a dva skin. I think I'm just salty and unlucky.

Instead of seeking a middle ground between two bad options, you should advocate for an actually good option.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

chumbler posted:

Instead of seeking a middle ground between two bad options, you should advocate for an actually good option.

Until someone comes up with something that's even more profitable for game companies than microtransactions for random cosmetics, or the outside possibility that such things get reclassified as online gambling in such a way that it makes them vastly less profitable than they are now, this is the option you're stuck with.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Polio Vax Scene posted:

wow what the gently caress do they have against north dakota

Illidan can't go all the way out to North Dakota. He'd be overextended and get ganked by their whole team.

git gud, scrub. :shepface:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Fuzz posted:

Illidan can't go all the way out to North Dakota. He'd be overextended and get ganked by their whole team.

git gud, scrub. :shepface:

Most of the excluded states have gambling or tax laws preventing contests like this/that require extra provisions they'd rather not bother with, such as being forced to offer cash value as an alternative.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

BrianBoitano posted:

Quebec :argh:

Presumably the problem there isn't gambling related, they just don't want vile English commodities defiling their pristine and beautiful home.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Quebec :argh:

Presumably the problem there isn't gambling related, they just don't want vile English commodities defiling their pristine and beautiful home.

Tbf nobody really wants Illidan

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Illidan doesn't have enough mobility to reach quebec anymore

If it was an overwatch figurine ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

TL is so much fun. Just had a group of guys every match go full stun comp. Won 5 in a row, including one where we abandoned the stun comp in lieu of Cho'Gall comp on Hanamura, last pick so they had no counters :getin: