Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Wait, did the Senate start having public hearings on the health care bill?

HAT FETISH posted:

It's straitjacket. As in a jacket that makes things difficult. What the hell is a "straight jacket" supposed to be god dammit

I hear you can find bros for that on Craigslist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

HAT FETISH posted:

It's straitjacket. As in a jacket that makes things difficult. What the hell is a "straight jacket" supposed to be god dammit

Abercrombie sells them last I checked.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI0hvm10AHo

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

:same:

Edible Hat posted:

Why do the McCoys dislike Trump? I can think of few artists posted on here (e.g. Garrison, Lester, Branco) who better embody the spirit of Trump.
Glenn has a low, animal cunning so he's able to see that Trump is widely disrespected and hated, he's trying to leverage the lowest of low hanging fruit into a wider audience and the ability to label himself unbiased (or, as shitheads say, "an equal opportunity offender")

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

Trump tweeted that Mika Brzezinski bled badly from a facelift. Mika mocked Trump’s small hands. And said it was only a chin tuck.

Morning Joe spent the better part of his show defending the honor of his feminist fiance. Mika said Trump picks on women. Joe’s coat holder, Donnie Duetche, offered to go mano a mano with the president in the schoolyard. Like in the old days.

In the old days Trump’s hero, Andrew Jackson, took it outside with his enemies. He fought duels, and killed people.

Democrats say Trump’s already working on that.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I don't like this one because it proposes that the POTUS and a talk show host are peers. Trump is punching down like hell every time he insults someone who is not another world leader.

quote:

I doubt his lawyers are going to say he committed treason because he was out of his mind but sometimes I wonder if that will be used to justify the perjury he would certainly do in a trial. I assume there is lots of precedent for how to deal with people who literally don't know the difference between truth and lies, but I don't know what it is.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Just loving do it, Kevin. DO IT.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

He's acting awfully smug just because he knows one tidbit that doesn't even matter. The final edits of the declaration were on the 4th so that's what really matters more and why that date marks the occasion, right?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

I did American history at Uni where we learned things like the cause of the civil war, the cultural revolution, African-American relations in the US, the Vietnam war, the rise of Reagan... I can't think of anything I'd give a poo poo less about than knowing that Independence Day is celebrated on the date of the writing of the Declaration of Independence, not the vote. I've met many American historians and can't think of any who would give a gently caress about this either. What use is this information besides maybe winning points on Jeopardy?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Chip Bok posted:

Chimp Shited that Mika Brzezinski bled badly from a facelift. Mika mocked Chimp’s small hands. And said it was only a chin tuck.

Morning Joe spent the better part of his show defending the honor of his feminist fiance. Mika said Chimp picks on women. Joe’s coat holder, Donnie Duetche, offered to go mano a mano with the president in the schoolyard. Like in the old days.

In the old days Chimp’s hero, Andrew Jackson, took it outside with his enemies. He fought duels, and killed people.

Democrats say Chimp’s already working on that.

"B-b-but she said Chimp has small hands! She deserved it!" http://imgur.com/J7RZGSa

Isn't 'she deserved it' exactly what abusers say?

King Possum III posted:

You supported him, you hack. It's a bit too late to whine that he doesn't act presidential.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Starshark posted:

I did American history at Uni where we learned things like the cause of the civil war, the cultural revolution, African-American relations in the US, the Vietnam war, the rise of Reagan... I can't think of anything I'd give a poo poo less about than knowing that Independence Day is celebrated on the date of the writing of the Declaration of Independence, not the vote. I've met many American historians and can't think of any who would give a gently caress about this either. What use is this information besides maybe winning points on Jeopardy?
There's education to teach facts and then education to teach how to find and connect facts together to discover why things in the world happen the way they do. I know lots of people like Tinsley have no conception of that second kind of education.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't like this one because it proposes that the POTUS and a talk show host are peers. Trump is punching down like hell every time he insults someone who is not another world leader.

Are you really sure it's doing that? Kinda don't really see anything indicating it's about any SPECIFIC bout of insulting by Trump rather than just... literally everything Trump says.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

reignonyourparade posted:

Are you really sure it's doing that? Kinda don't really see anything indicating it's about any SPECIFIC bout of insulting by Trump rather than just... literally everything Trump says.
Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems he rarely if ever insults people who could possibly actually hurt him. That's what it means to be a bully and its different than picking on your sibling.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Samurai Sanders posted:

I would argue that the President of the United States would still be punching down against quite a few world leaders, just not by as much. Nobody's ever going to argue that the POTUS and - as a random example - the President of Botswana have equal worldwide power, after all.

Edit: Though I think Botswana has a more honest dedication to the principles of democracy than the current American government, so there's that.

Prism fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jul 2, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Prism posted:

I would argue that the President of the United States would still be punching down against quite a few world leaders, just not by as much. Nobody's ever going to argue that the POTUS and - as a random example - the President of Botswana have equal worldwide power, after all.

Edit: Though I think Botswana has a more honest dedication to the principles of democracy than the current American government, so there's that.

Those fuckers who live on an oil rig have a more honest dedication to the principles of democracy than this administration.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

There's education to teach facts and then education to teach how to find and connect facts together to discover why things in the world happen the way they do. I know lots of people like Tinsley have no conception of that second kind of education.

Theres education, then theres taming, then theres propaganda.

A leftist only want education to teach kids to think efficiently, to know facts and to become human beings (instead of animals). But a conservative need education to include propaganda, stuff like "our country is the best", "our religion is the only true one". In many countries there's even a "civilian courses" where these "facts" are teached.

So is real that conservatives want from education more than what leftist want.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gaaarfieeeeld!!!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Is that supposed to be an Ibsen reference?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Technically, all those statements are correct.
It's really uplifting how social change slowly but steadily makes everything better. But I don't think that's the intended message.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Only the scum of the world sit to read a book when theres a lot of dish to clean in a shared house.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Tei posted:

Only the scum of the world sit to read a book when theres a lot of dish to clean in a shared house.

Ooh, I rarely get to use this smiley but: :thejoke:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

Technically, all those statements are correct.
It's really uplifting how social change slowly but steadily makes everything better. But I don't think that's the intended message.

It is not. And it's also a pretty common argument against feminism. Like today's women won the fight so they should just stop complaining about things like unequal pay and rape culture.

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

Guys it might be too early to say, but I feel like Zelda's plan of moving in with her FWB isn't gonna pan out.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Same for the racial version of this message: we've removed your chains, why aren't you steeping up to the plate? What's that? ..."institutiolzed racism?" ..."Opportunity cost?" ..."This 'New' Jim Crow?" Come on laddy, off with the excuses, let's see some results.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Wait hold on is he trying to say Trump is the less pathetic/crazy of these two? Even in his version that doesn't seem to be so. I'd doubt, but it is Chip Bok, after all.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Theresa May buys the DUP's support – Chris Riddell on the prime minister’s £1bn deal to cling on to power"

Telegraph:

MPs don't need to wear ties in House of Commons, says Speaker

Sunday Telegraph:

Labour split over Europe as Remain MPs say their constituents don’t realise Jeremy Corbyn backs hard Brexit

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Bruce Tinsley's contempt for his fellow Americans is matched only by his love for whiskey.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

FOR gently caress'S SAKE, THE DUCK DOESN'T HAVE A JOB ANYMORE, WHY DOES TINSLEY KEEP DRAWING HIM HAVING A JOB, WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Starshark posted:

I actually majored in history at an American university and took multiple classes on American history and I assure you it doesn't come up because as you said it's a useless piece of trivia compared to the context of the document, the sentiment that created it, and how people reacted to it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

HootTheOwl posted:

I actually majored in history at an American university and took multiple classes on American history and I assure you it doesn't come up because as you said it's a useless piece of trivia compared to the context of the document, the sentiment that created it, and how people reacted to it.

Causes? Effects? Context? Sounds like that liberal elitist education there. History is memorizing dates and names of Civil War battles.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/881503147168071680?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Political Cartoons are dead.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

How would you like to be the white house intern who made that?
(Or did he retweet?)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

(Or did he retweet?)

Apparently it was made by someone on r/thedonald called 'HanAssholeSolo'

e:

https://twitter.com/GideonResnick/status/881523961196142594

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

HootTheOwl posted:

(Or did he retweet?)

He did retweet on a different account

https://twitter.com/fordm/status/881509792258416640?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

It's Marlette, his next cartoon will present a balanced view of how both sides are bad

• Locked thread