Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

If thibs gets hinrich out of retirement I'm all in, bulls west, baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Jota posted:

lol every time i click an NBA Twitter link nowadays the first reply in the chain is that loving photo

I figure it's a low quality photoshop because the person who made it couldn't stop laughing and shaking

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Thibs sign nathan rob

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

R.D. Mangles posted:

Thibs sign nathan rob

Yes do this actually

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Thibs sign nathan rob

100% yes

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

What do you guys think of the Ibaka signing?

He has a cold weather oriented wardrobe and didn't want to have to buy all new clothes

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/881551342770192386
Somebody gon get some kinda deal on some ting

Well the Pacers haven't signed anyone yet!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Codependent Poster posted:

Well the Pacers haven't signed anyone yet!

We're talking to Cory Joseph! Who can't shoot as a starter but would be nice off the bench.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

We're talking to Cory Joseph! Who can't shoot as a starter but would be nice off the bench.

At this rate the best shooter is going to be Myles Turner.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

remember when GMs signed lovely FAs to huge contracts last offseason like the cap was going to explode again this year

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Shear Modulus posted:

remember when GMs signed lovely FAs to huge contracts last offseason like the cap was going to explode again this year

It's the new market!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
The cap was 3-5 mil lower this year because the caves and warriors swept everyone

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The Caves indeed

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/881603425099800576

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hahhaha

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

:lol:

Man, that is a bad contract

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Last year is partially guaranteed, which helps

The Cavs kinda don't have a choice

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

leftist heap posted:

This is poignant and a metaphor for the Trail Blazers' season somehow. I'm not smart enough to tie it all together but I know a metaphor when I see one.

It's tough, especially since Portland went on to win that game, along with all the other games against OKC.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

xbilkis posted:

Last year is partially guaranteed, which helps

The Cavs kinda don't have a choice

Yeah like oh no they are maybe overpaying an old guy who shot 48% from 3 for them last year when they don't really have many other options.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I dunno, 7-8 mil seems to be the going rate or cheaper for players that can only do one thing.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Eltoasto posted:

I dunno, 7-8 mil seems to be the going rate or cheaper for players that can only do one thing.

Iguodala just got a lot more than that

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Nene back to Houston :)

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/881615192290996224

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ammanas posted:

Iguodala just got a lot more than that

lol Iggy isn't one dimensional. or 36.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Yay :unsmith:

Did this just cost them their bi annual?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

dphi posted:

It's tough, especially since Portland went on to win that game, along with all the other games against OKC.

That's what makes it all the more poignant

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Eltoasto posted:

Its MLE money and I don't really think he is worth that anymore, especially considering how far into the luxury tax they are

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

they cant spend that money on anything else, hes still a good shooter, and its probably like a year and a half too long but i dont think they make contracts that just say When You Fall To The Inevitable Doom Of Age You Don't Count Against The Cap Anymore

The Glumslinger posted:

Its MLE money and I don't really think he is worth that anymore, especially considering how far into the luxury tax they are

he shot 45% from 3 last year, hes exactly the kind of player that is worth it to a lebron team.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/BenSimmons25/status/881257919483965440

I'm all in on Dejan's view of the Aussie Institute kids and their mindsets. Ben gonna force himself to be listed as the PG for brand purposes and people will read way too much into it even though he'll end up playing exactly the same way as if he was listed as PF.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The Glumslinger posted:

Sure but isn't that the exact same thing that Miami said about Mike Miller, and then it made Lebron all mad?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jota posted:

I'm all in on Dejan's view of the Aussie Institute kids and their mindsets. Ben gonna force himself to be listed as the PG for brand purposes and people will read way too much into it even though he'll end up playing exactly the same way as if he was listed as PF.

I can't see them putting RoCo on the bench with his 3/D capabilities while playing Dario and Simmons at the same time considering their issues in those areas.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/881618440275976192

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I can't see them putting RoCo on the bench with his 3/D capabilities while playing Dario and Simmons at the same time considering their issues in those areas.

Yeah, I'd say you start Fultz, JJ, RoCo, Simmons, Embiid. Dario as the first dude off the bench gives them a ton of lineup flexibility.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Ghost Dog posted:

they cant spend that money on anything else, hes still a good shooter, and its probably like a year and a half too long but i dont think they make contracts that just say When You Fall To The Inevitable Doom Of Age You Don't Count Against The Cap Anymore

he shot 45% from 3 last year, hes exactly the kind of player that is worth it to a lebron team.

Yes, and his defense was so bad, they could barely play him in the playoffs

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
This western conference arms race will never end

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Kyle Korver shot .313 from three in the Finals, maybe they should get someone who's clutch instead

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I can't see them putting RoCo on the bench with his 3/D capabilities while playing Dario and Simmons at the same time considering their issues in those areas

Well yeah like 99% of people that follow the team see it that way. I was joking about Simmons insisting he should be listed as the PG which I can now see is gonna start a pedantic argument.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Jota posted:

Without directly acknowledging how unclutch and weird it made their athletes, Australia has massively decentralized the program in the last year or so. It might subside to normal christian basketball academy with 82 students levels of weirdness and alienation instead of "you are a perfect god of sport, march to the podium in front of these lesser non athletes" agglomeration

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

EvanTH posted:

Kyle Korver shot .313 from three in the Finals, maybe they should get someone who's clutch instead

His missed 3 before Durant's game winner in game 3 is probably still haunting him.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Lowry going to sign with the raps.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/kyle-lowry-free-agency-decision/

3 year 100 mil. at least 1 poutine

getting Ibaka and Lowry for only 3 each seems like the best case scenario outside of some magical trade for a top 10 player

BWV fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 2, 2017

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

surprised Lowry didn't get a 4th year

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The stars are aligning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

G-Hawk posted:

surprised Lowry didn't get a 4th year

sorry to sound ignorant but is it me or are these contracts a bit shorter than usual

Redgrendel2001 posted:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/881618440275976192

if golden state needs their own earl why the gently caress not

• Locked thread