Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Was your weekend this dope?

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/881593525686685698

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

trump furious at twitter trends

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Rand alPaul posted:

The Whigs had better ideas than these morons.

The Whigs currently have better ideas on every issue

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

the democrats are a waste

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

The "copper" plan...
When the "bronze"'plan is just too drat good

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

" " " "good-thinking senators" " " "

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

constituents, i come bearing copper healthcare plans

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Karl Barks posted:

constituents, i come bearing copper healthcare plans

americans take them en masse to the metal recycler

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

The Nastier Nate posted:

The "copper" plan...
isn't copper actually pretty expensive but weak

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

rudatron posted:

yes thats why they alloy it with tin to make bronze

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Jeff Stein
So I’m talking about a hypothetical world in which the bill is defeated. Is there anything else policy-wise to improve the American health care system? For instance, Sen. Warner talked to me about reviving the “copper plans” on the exchanges.

Ed Markey
First, the principle thing is, we have to keep all the funding, and if they don’t agree on that, the whole thing is operating on a flawed premise.

I don’t understand [about the copper plans. Aide interjects: “He’s got to run.”]

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Nastier Nate posted:

The "copper" plan...

it's called that because you'll be stripping the copper from your house to pay the deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Joe Manchin
How do you use it more effectively and efficiently? Can you have savings within? Absolutely. Can you have a better productive lifestyle? Can you have a better productive workforce? Absolutely.

At the rate we’re going right now with the opioid crisis, we’re going to run out of workers.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Jeff Stein
The argument you hear from the left is that it’s important for Democrats to have a proactive agenda for health care too. And there are 30 million people who still don’t have health insurance, and people have seen their premiums increase by more than 100 percent.

Carolyn Maloney
We’re in the minority. Guess what? We’re just fighting to save health care. They’re repealing it; they’re repealing it. So right now people know where we stand — we passed the Affordable Care Act, and we’re supporting it. And we’re fighting for its existence.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

dems to voters: we must fight to preserve 30 million people w/out insurance + 100 percent increases in premiums

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

Joe Manchin
How do you use it more effectively and efficiently? Can you have savings within? Absolutely. Can you have a better productive lifestyle? Can you have a better productive workforce? Absolutely.

At the rate we’re going right now with the opioid crisis, we’re going to run out of workers.

i thought it was mostly the unemployed that was opioiding it up hard

to the rich this is probably a problem solving itself

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

Joe Manchin

I don't think the father of an evil pharmaceutical company CEO gives a poo poo

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Yinlock posted:

i thought it was mostly the unemployed that was opioiding it up hard

to the rich this is probably a problem solving itself

rich want more unemployed as it lowers labor costs, just not too much that the plebs all revolt and elect people who will tax them more

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

Guillotine

Gulag

Gas

Guillotine

Gulag

Gulag

Guillotine

I think you're overcomplicating things.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

im wondering why posters itt think his transatlantic fans will turn on macron as he reveals himself to be anti-worker and pro-monarchy when that describes american liberals to a tee

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Willa Rogers posted:

this will raise wages :smaug:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Dems gonna gain all of 15 house seats in 2018 and celebrate bigly.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
the dems are going to lose, very badly, in the 2018 mid terms

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Ace of Baes posted:

:agreed:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
They're gonna run on RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

rudatron posted:

It's pretty, and over time it verdigrises and becomes lovely. An accidentally good metaphor for where Dems should be taking healthcare.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
i wonder how everyone is going to react the day after the 2018 midterms when the gop ends up with an even bigger majority

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Ace of Baes posted:

If they fail to retake the house it'll be an enormous defeat, so yeah, that's our baseline scenario at this point.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

MaxxBot posted:

They're gonna run on RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA

they're going to run on "defending", "defending" medicare, medicaid, the ACA, social security, being super hawkish, calling their gop opponents "respectable fellows with integrity", bringing up putin, etc

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Vox Nihili posted:

If they fail to retake the house it'll be an enormous defeat, so yeah, that's our baseline scenario at this point.

im the guy who predicted trump winning in the primaries and lemme tell you buddy, im way more sure they're not going to take the house than i was he was going to win

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Ace of Baes posted:

im the guy who predicted trump winning in the primaries and lemme tell you buddy, im way more sure they're not going to take the house than i was he was going to win

tell us more o election oracle

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

UHD posted:

tell us more o election oracle

the dem o crats
*smoke fills the floor and surrounds me*
will keep losing

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 minutes!

Ace of Baes posted:

the dem o crats
*smoke fills the floor and surrounds me*
will keep losing
-blade

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
https://twitter.com/Julie_Johnsoned/status/881755824158367744

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Ace of Baes posted:

i wonder how everyone is going to react the day after the 2018 midterms when the gop ends up with an even bigger majority
"we should have moved to the right"

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

overdosed on wokeness

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ace of Baes posted:

day before: "there's no way trump will win again, i can just stay home again and everything will be fine"

day after: "oh nooooooooooo who could have seen this coming"

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ace of Baes posted:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
good i want to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
I can't fathom any way the dems can lose in 2018. But this has never stopped them from losing before.

• Locked thread