Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

wondrous_wheelchair69 has sent you a message!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

wondrous_wheelchair69 has sent you a message!

The sky and the cosmos are one!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

extremebuff posted:

thinkin about the early bits of the game where you knock on doors and hear a social event going on the other side, and this bizarre maniacal laughter thats at a perfect point between drunk cackling and deeply pained wailing that makes you wonder if everyone inside is having fun or clawing their own eyes out

this game is perfect

similarly, the idle chatter of villager enemies is pretty macabre and spooky. here's a statue troll's:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7YDjxRAmmg

forbidden forest villagers say stuff about how hosed they are, and how yarnham is finished

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

The sky and the cosmos are one!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the villagers call you a beast and the cursed one while you slaughter them and it immediately makes you question everything youre doing

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

extremebuff posted:

thinkin about the early bits of the game where you knock on doors and hear a social event going on the other side, and this bizarre maniacal laughter thats at a perfect point between drunk cackling and deeply pained wailing that makes you wonder if everyone inside is having fun or clawing their own eyes out

this game is perfect

Those are actual recordings of the sound team after Miyazaki tells them to go back and try again

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm nearing the end of this playthrough. getting through isz, lower loran, and the defiled chalice. then the final chalice. mergo's wetnurse (who i'm going to shred like paper at this point), orphan, and the secret end bosses. i think i'll probably crawl random chalices for a while, but then i'll be done... ;_;

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i'm nearing the end of this playthrough. getting through isz, lower loran, and the defiled chalice. then the final chalice. mergo's wetnurse (who i'm going to shred like paper at this point), orphan, and the secret end bosses. i think i'll probably crawl random chalices for a while, but then i'll be done... ;_;

When I had a character deep in chalice dungeons like that I gave myself the goal of getting 99ARC by doing random dungeons, to extend my game time

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
haha, holy poo poo! there are trapped chests! not mine, but apparently there's a community of players called tomb prospectors who are dedicated to doing random chalices to try and find new things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oKNGYbCfSA

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also interesting: certain pthumerian enemies can eat something and completely heal, with an animation effect similar to moon grass from DeS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw-d3UF_zbE

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

sector_corrector posted:

haha, holy poo poo! there are trapped chests! not mine, but apparently there's a community of players called tomb prospectors who are dedicated to doing random chalices to try and find new things.

Holy poo poo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

sector_corrector posted:

holy poo poo ...

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

sector_corrector posted:

:piss:

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

god drat

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

huh, they're doing server maintenance on the 5th... maybe the boss rush chalice is getting unlocked..

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i would pay a lot of money for a chalice dungeon expansion...

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'd pay a lot for loving BOSS RUSH!!

Let me burn something at a boss lamp to reset the boss. :negative:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The real test of miyazakis next game is whether it will surpass the longest running thread in imp zone

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

The real test of miyazakis next game is whether it will surpass the longest running thread in imp zone

the wrestling thread has been around longer

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I love how the boss rush is a literal quest for a holy grail

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I was talking about the trapped chest to a buddy over PS4

"poo poo someone found mimics in bloodborne"

"What!!"

"You know, trapped chests"

"I know what a mimic is."

"Haha"

"The thing is I've been playing that game with the explicit understanding that there ARE NO MIMICS!!"

"Well it's in a random dungeon"

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

veni veni veni posted:

Got my highwayman in the mail.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm looking forward to getting to F/R/C chalices so that i can do my part in the quest for the boss rush

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would coop some FRC with you, I have a character with access to all of them

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

gently caress. yes.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh yeah - apparently there's some sort of hex editing software released recently for the PS4 that people have been using to make three slotted cannons that each have hacked cursed gems in them and can do 3,000 damage per shot. anyway, since that software is now available we might start seeing people crawling through unused items and the like.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
e.g.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lol, jesus

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

thats hosed up

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

oh yeah - apparently there's some sort of hex editing software released recently for the PS4 that people have been using to make three slotted cannons that each have hacked cursed gems in them and can do 3,000 damage per shot. anyway, since that software is now available we might start seeing people crawling through unused items and the like.

i hope not

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the game doesnt exactly have the strongest pvp scene, let people goof around with the numbers on a game theyve probably beaten 10+ times

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

extremebuff posted:

the game doesnt exactly have the strongest pvp scene, let people goof around with the numbers on a game theyve probably beaten 10+ times

The inhabitants of the stump appear to have an interest in adornment. Why not let them be happy and revel as babes?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

sector_corrector posted:

The inhabitants of the stump appear to have an interest in adornment. Why not let them be happy and revel as babes?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

i hope not

knowledge at any cost, imo.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

It's still pretty messed up imo

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

extremebuff posted:

its sad because pvp is so loving fun in this game when it works properly

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm totally blanking on this... near the boss door to Orphan, there's the elevator that goes up to the fishing hut. when you're riding the elevator up, you can see an opening in the wall that you can't readily get to. how do you get to that area? it's the last thing i'm missing in the DLC before killing the shark giants for the rakuyo

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just went ahead and ended this run (well, still have chalices to do, but whatever)

beat the secret final bosses in one go, which felt pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i'm totally blanking on this... near the boss door to Orphan, there's the elevator that goes up to the fishing hut. when you're riding the elevator up, you can see an opening in the wall that you can't readily get to. how do you get to that area? it's the last thing i'm missing in the DLC before killing the shark giants for the rakuyo

i dont think you can ... i dont remember going there anyway and i have a character with every unique item and weapon and armour set on it. its probably just a window to look out of while you ride the elevator