Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
When do you expect Stukov?

I have an unhealthy desire to play Zerg heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Donnerberg posted:

When do you expect Stukov?

I have an unhealthy desire to play Zerg heroes.

I dunno if they gave an exact date but in 2-3 weeks max on live. Generally they get a week on PTR then send them over.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Excellent. Thanks.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The Summer event ends on the 24th. So my bet is on the 25th for the Stukov patch, since it provides plenty of time for PTR testing.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the PTR today, then live a couple weeks later. It's the process they've been following for the past couple heroes, isn't it?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Somebody feed Stukov through that hot or not algorithm somebody found a few months back. Maybe we'll finally have an appreciated zerg there.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Stukov is going to be nerfed before he even gets released because 500 burst heal on the whole team at the start of the game with an easy quest for 750 is completely nuts.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

"New hero OP/UP" took longer than usual this time...

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

PTR notes: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20888397/heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-notes-july-3-2017-7-3-2017

In development video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ4AZGwGz24

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jul 3, 2017

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
So... no actual new skins, just some recolors?

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Disargeria posted:

The Xul skin is new.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Disargeria posted:

Welcome to heroes 2.0!

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
i wonder if those changes will make hanamura more fun

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
At least Xul's level 20 upgrades to his ults aren't complete garbage anymore.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I'm excited for all these Xul upgrades to his skeletons that he cannot summon in most objective fights outside of 2 from Jailors, if you take it

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

What a wet fart of a patch. Really expected a lot more done to Hanamura. New map rotation is garbage poo poo, possibly the worst one yet. Ugh.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Midnightghoul posted:

I'm excited for all these Xul upgrades to his skeletons that he cannot summon in most objective fights outside of 2 from Jailors, if you take it

They slightly buffed his scythe build and PvP aspects of Cursed Strikes.

Not sure how it will play, but on paper his teamfighting and skeletons are a little better and his sustain is much worse.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
:siren: Massive Shove cooldown is 20s :siren:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Elysium posted:

Lmao at that 100% weighted pustule range talent too

he hits for 517 at 20 too

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

RIP my dreams of them redesigning Xul from the ground up into something that isn't insanely loving boring to play. :(

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Midnightghoul posted:

Lmao at that 100% weighted pustule range talent too

he hits for 517 at 20 too

:q:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Always curious what they mean when they say:

quote:

Arthas – The attack speed slow applied by Frozen Tempest is now consistent with what is stated in the ability’s tooltip.
Was it too high or too low previously? Which was correct previously, the tooltip or the actual AS slow? It sounds like the actual AS slow was wrong before, so this is actually a buff or nerf based on which direction it went in, right?

also:

quote:

Tassadar – Fixed an issue causing Tassadar to gain healing from the damage dealt by his Focused Beam talent.
??

Also, this patch has:
  • HotS retakes screen focus if the queue demands your attention (no more mistaking you're still in queue!)
  • Murky bug fixes
  • A russian zerg man

A Good Patch.

e: the raptor mounts are now jaunty
not really menacing but :3: as gently caress

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 3, 2017

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Focused beam does a % of heroes health and is supposed to be coded as ability damage (like giant killer and other % bonus to AA damage). The bonus from focused beam was being coded as additional AA damage and receiving the healing from his shields when used while a shield was up.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Got it, thanks. The patch notes (which are a bit sloppily edited this time) don't mention "healing while under the effects of plasma shield" so I was confused. It kind of implied that the talent just let you heal in certain circumstances.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

BrianBoitano posted:

Got it, thanks. The patch notes (which are a bit sloppily edited this time) don't mention "healing while under the effects of plasma shield" so I was confused. It kind of implied that the talent just let you heal in certain circumstances.

Technically, it wasn't just when his own shields were up. It was when he used Focused Beam with anything that healed for a % of AA damage. Bloodlust and a couple of other things triggered it.

95% of the time it was his own shields, though.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
No joke, my dick got hard looking at those Xul changes.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

So basically now the only purpose of keeps on Hanamura is to power up your next shot at the cost of massively extending on a map that otherwise never requires you to move past mid? And they're adding an extra point of core health to drag things out more. I'm not sure this is much of an improvement.

I like the XP on payload change though. Now a team won't fall behind in level for actually bothering to engage with the map objective.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
The only good thing about Hanamura is that at least it was a poo poo map that ended quickly, unlike the other 3.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Might be nice if Blizzard held an extra, "unloved maps" tournament. Put some cash on it to encourage HGC teams to participate.

New teams might upset old pros as everyone is less experienced with rarely-played-map strategies. Veteran teams expand their horizons. Viewers get to actually see some interesting ways to play the maps they, as non-pros, are forced to play on rotation.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

There's a reason those maps aren't in the pro map pool to begin with. They don't want to play those maps any more than the rest of us but, unlike us, they had enough pull to actually do something about it.

I'm sure if you put enough money into it they'd hunker down and start having a miserable couple of months brushing up on garbage map meta, but I bet it would have to be a substantial amount.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

blastron posted:

So basically now the only purpose of keeps on Hanamura is to power up your next shot at the cost of massively extending on a map that otherwise never requires you to move past mid? And they're adding an extra point of core health to drag things out more. I'm not sure this is much of an improvement.

I like the XP on payload change though. Now a team won't fall behind in level for actually bothering to engage with the map objective.

This sounds like the map designers were mad that people were playing Hanamura wrong. It's not about pushing its about the dumb lovely payloads!!!!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Hanamura, I think:

All the deep second keeps should be gone (because overextending for them usually loses you the game unless you are brutally winning it anyways) and by extension then the sappers are also gone
The mercs except for the middle boss should be drastically reworked because they are all really stupid
The game has to be extended somehow and made fun long enough to ever get to Level 20 (probably impossible because of how bad the map sucks)
The payload routing and timing should be changed since it sometimes just arbitrarily decides even games.

Or alternatively they could just get rid of the map because it's one of the worst designed maps in the history of the genre.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Gustav posted:

There's a reason those maps aren't in the pro map pool to begin with. They don't want to play those maps any more than the rest of us but, unlike us, they had enough pull to actually do something about it.

I'm sure if you put enough money into it they'd hunker down and start having a miserable couple of months brushing up on garbage map meta, but I bet it would have to be a substantial amount.

I'm a bit too skeptical that public opinion of maps are based on objective "bad design" more than unfamiliarity leading to a sense that "I know I'm a good player but I can't win this map, so the design must be bad"

Also, pros have an incentive to only play the maps they have already practiced on (and won tournaments with) previously. Top teams have years of experience on certain maps that give them an edge over new players. Mixing up the map pool rewards teams with diverse talents.

otoh, a larger map pool also benefits pros who can spend literally all day erry day learning every map. Hmm.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

I'm a bit too skeptical that public opinion of maps are based on objective "bad design" more than unfamiliarity leading to a sense that "I know I'm a good player but I can't win this map, so the design must be bad"

Also, pros have an incentive to only play the maps they have already practiced on (and won tournaments with) previously. Top teams have years of experience on certain maps that give them an edge over new players. Mixing up the map pool rewards teams with diverse talents.

otoh, a larger map pool also benefits pros who can spend literally all day erry day learning every map. Hmm.

Huh? So the reason why pro tournaments just up and exclude all the universally hated maps from their pool while keeping all the fun ones is..? Because pubbies are too dumb to figure these maps out?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I'm on a short amount of sleep, so perhaps I'm being unclear.

Non-pros define "universally hated" and "fun" not just based on map design, but also on familiarity, which leads to a sense of control over the outcome on those maps.

Pros pick maps based on incentives for what makes it easier to practice and win, which isn't the same thing as "is fun" or "well designed". There's overlap, but there can easily be mismatch.

e: PSA: it looks like catapults and siege camps do 0 damage on the PTR, at least in some circumstances

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

Yes, but in this case they overlap perfectly. The maps that are universally hated by nearly everyone who plays this game are also the exact same maps that pro teams don't consider good for competitive play, so that would seem to disprove that hypothesis don't you think?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Libertine posted:

Hanamura, I think:

All the deep second keeps should be gone (because overextending for them usually loses you the game unless you are brutally winning it anyways) and by extension then the sappers are also gone
The mercs except for the middle boss should be drastically reworked because they are all really stupid
The game has to be extended somehow and made fun long enough to ever get to Level 20 (probably impossible because of how bad the map sucks)
The payload routing and timing should be changed since it sometimes just arbitrarily decides even games.

Or alternatively they could just get rid of the map because it's one of the worst designed maps in the history of the genre.

Yeah with sappers fully gone there's no reason for the deep keeps. I really did like the reddit idea of "double core's HP and make all payloads count for 2 hp" so things like pushing still help but don't overwhelm the map's gimmick
The direction they're going it's almost more "They should just take out the lanes/creep" except then the map screws over character's that need hearts and minion kill farming even more.
At this point Hanamura just needs to go away and only be the payload brawl.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I didn't play the brawl but a one lane map might be cool. Maybe the payload paths become lanes and creeps spawn to and from

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
gently caress this map talk, let's talk about how great some of these rebuilds of older Heroes are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Elysium posted:

Aim it just right and by the time the target runs back to you it's up again :laffo: