Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mania
Sep 9, 2004

paradoxGentleman posted:

Although I'm also tempted by Assassin Taskmaster... are those extra costumes hard to get?

Pretty hard, costumes are usually meant for the whales. The time luggage drops are random too so who knows how many fights you'll need to get all of them.

Too bad, because Assassin Taskmaster looks amazing. Hopefully he comes back as a purchasable some day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The costumes are extremely difficult. They have serious RNG to the drops.

You need 65 vials for Taskmaster, and so far I have like 9. Key drop rate is just too slow. You seem expected to shard a lot of extra crates.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

HULK SMASH

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Press release on next month's Spidey themed content

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Does anyone have space in a Future Fight alliance? I was super active for like a year, stopped for like a year, and now I am back and guildless

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I redownloaded Academy for the first time since the Spider-Man event. I managed to unlock nothing for the event. I forgot how goddamned brutal this game is on time management.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This event was really bad. I just barely managed to get all the characters, but only was able to get one to level 5. The rest are all at 3 or less. I couldn't complete the last stage because the enemies were way too tough and it was too time consuming to try to level everyone AND send them on the 4 hour missions. The costumes were impossible to get unless you spent hundreds of dollars.

Here's hoping the Spider-Man event is better.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

They're saying they're doing the same thing they did with the Guardians 2 event, aka easily unlock the Spider characters from the last event in the first week.

I'm kind of fond of that system so far.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't think I'm missing any of the Spider-Characters from the first event.

I never even got close to Longbow. I couldn't build a team strong enough to take on the 3rd node in the 3rd battle.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
The next interview is up, and this event may make me reinstall. I know it's probably not going to be that exciting after some of the iffier parts of the GotG 2 event, but it's still a lot of Spider-Man content that could be really cool. Besides, it might give me a chance to recruit some of the characters I missed after dropping out of the last Spider-Man event halfway through.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
I gave up on this last event after Cap 2099 and spend all my time on doing regular story stuff, cleaning out 3-4 character story trees from my tasks and finally unlocking Hulk, and I feel I'm much better off for it. But now that it's a Spidey event, I'm sure I'll probably start spending money again...

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I can't even remember the last event where I got someone up to level 5.
Managed to get Ghost Rider at least but there's no way I'm getting Keeper Murdoch

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I just got Longbow and didn't even realize Ghost Rider 2099 and Keeper Murdoch were recruitable until the pop-up saying it was the last chance to get them came up. Welp.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lurks With Wolves posted:

The next interview is up, and this event may make me reinstall. I know it's probably not going to be that exciting after some of the iffier parts of the GotG 2 event, but it's still a lot of Spider-Man content that could be really cool. Besides, it might give me a chance to recruit some of the characters I missed after dropping out of the last Spider-Man event halfway through.

Dammit, which Spider-Girl is it? WHICH SPIDER-GIRL!?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Dammit, which Spider-Girl is it? WHICH SPIDER-GIRL!?

I've heard that a voice actress put voicing Anya Corazon in Avengers Academy on her resume, but I can't say that for certain.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

https://www.voices.com/people/greenandrew80#feedbacks

That's how a lot of the character spoilers come out too.

It's the feedback page for Tinyco's voice director, so in the lead up to an event you can see the actors they hire rating him pretty often. There's only 3 up right now, but they were all up a few days before Marvel's post confirmed anything.

After the big name actor gimmick got it launched they just use that site now.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I've heard that a voice actress put voicing Anya Corazon in Avengers Academy on her resume, but I can't say that for certain.

Aw, dang.

I like Anya (before they did the whole MY PARENTS ARE DEAAAAAD thing that it seems like every teen hero gets these days), but I was hoping for Mayday.

How do I get Dracula to stop piroeuettting in the middle of my campus? I tap him and zoom in, but there's no menu or anything. gently caress off, Dracula!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Update''s out

Holy poo poo JJJ is recruitable

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I've got enough shards to recruit Spidey 2099 or Agent Venom. I like both characters, who should I choose, if any?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Liar Lyre posted:

I've got enough shards to recruit Spidey 2099 or Agent Venom. I like both characters, who should I choose, if any?

I'd say Agent Venom because he's part of this event, which means he'll probably have some benefits. Premiums always have things like adding drops to the mission board.

Last event Medieval Spider-Woman halved the portal times, which was completely game changing.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

God drat it Avengers Academy, why don't you let me place the Daily Bugle? I don't want to miss the window to unlock Silk!

e: apparently you need either Reporter Wasp or Spider-Man, according to reddit. It would have been real swell if this was written somewhere. :I

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jul 1, 2017

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Retro Futurist posted:

Update''s out

Holy poo poo JJJ is recruitable

If his recruitment currency isn't pictures of Spider-Man I'm going to be very disappointed.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Is Spider-Man supposed to be able to fight the symbiotes? I can level his attack/health but he doesn't show up as an option in the fights.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Napoleon Nelson posted:

Is Spider-Man supposed to be able to fight the symbiotes? I can level his attack/health but he doesn't show up as an option in the fights.

Apparently you can't use him on the battle map until you reach 1-5. It's a weird choice for a character people have had three chances to get before now, but I guess they're treating this like a regular first week anyway.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's annoying because i only have a medium chance to beat the 2nd node, even with having Agent Venom, and you need to unlock further along to use Spidy. Also, isn't he from Queens? Why are the nodes all called place in Brooklyn?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spider-Man has to do his first fight solo, then Wasp (and Agent Venom if you have him) can join the one after that. It's for throttling I guess, but a bit weird.

Different style with the combat stats this time. It takes a ton of points to level them, and this time you have a pool everyone shares from. 1 to 2 is a huge jump, but then more expensive levels are lower increases.

Also once you beat a node, all the nodes before it drop to only 1 training gained so there's no reason to do anything but the highest you can right now. So far there's no objective related to how many stars you have.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Spider-Man has to do his first fight solo, then Wasp (and Agent Venom if you have him) can join the one after that. It's for throttling I guess, but a bit weird.

Nah, it's like the previous events with gating (GotG 2), you need Spider-Man to access the fight but you can add on more fighters by clicking on the plus signs in the battle screen.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think this event is busted. With how low the currency drops are and the low stats of the characters.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm not having too much trouble, yet again I spent all my shards on Agent Venom and had Spidey and Reporter Wasp already. I should be facing my first Carnage fight in about an hour. Wish I had enough to get Spider-man 2099 as well to really crank out fights.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have 2099 and you really don't get enough of the item from the board to run 2 very often, let alone 3.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm super tempted now to spend :20bux: to get some shards to get all the Premium heroes. Getting new heroes is the only reason I play anyways.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Aphrodite posted:

Also once you beat a node, all the nodes before it drop to only 1 training gained so there's no reason to do anything but the highest you can right now. So far there's no objective related to how many stars you have.

What are you expected to do if you just barely squeaked out a Medium victory? Like, throwing my heroes at something they are unlikely to survive sounds like a waste of resources, but if I don't fight the only thing that'll upgrade them is Agent Venom, and it's going to take him a long while.

Hell, if I hadn't payed for Agent Venom, what would I do in this situation?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I just redo the fight before it a few times to beef up characters. Having them instantly heal is nice

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

paradoxGentleman posted:

What are you expected to do if you just barely squeaked out a Medium victory? Like, throwing my heroes at something they are unlikely to survive sounds like a waste of resources, but if I don't fight the only thing that'll upgrade them is Agent Venom, and it's going to take him a long while.

Hell, if I hadn't payed for Agent Venom, what would I do in this situation?

Have to sacrifice gains on weaker fights, I guess. I'm not sure.

Luckily 2/2 Venom and 1/2 Wasp is enough to get you to Spidey so you don't waste too much on them.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

You okay Flash. You seem a little...off.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My problem is fight/health level 2 spidy is still only at Low with his battle.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I got really lucky awhile ago and managed to get enough thingys for 21 Carnage fights, but now I can't get anything. I'm on streak 5 right now. Hope I didn't screw myself on getting streak 7 by starting too early.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Once I got Spidy high enough to get through his solo battle, I blazed through. Though my problem is the thingies you need to fight the octobot are dopping in 2s and 3s.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

twistedmentat posted:

Once I got Spidy high enough to get through his solo battle, I blazed through. Though my problem is the thingies you need to fight the octobot are dopping in 2s and 3s.

I was getting 5s and 7s for a while. But right now Madame Hydra and Agent 13 are trading turns at the punching bag. It has completely halted my progress. All my guys are level 3/3, so I probably can beat Carnage now.

EDIT: And now Black Knight wants in. That's 18 hours of punching.

Liar Lyre fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wow that's a lot of stuff to gather this week if you haven't done the last event.

Doc Ock, Gwen, Black Suit Spidey, Symbiote Widow, and Mysterio.

Edit: Oh, and be careful on this one. Only the first 3 fights of stage 2 drop Bolas, which are needed for Spider-Girl. The rest drop a different item. I don't know for sure if doing fight 4 will reduce 3's combat stat drops but I wouldn't risk it.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 7, 2017

• Locked thread