Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

Empress Brosephine posted:

It's admission whenever you want but you have to pay green fees and bring your own gear and it's only Oak Trail. That said it's worth it.

Pro tip: go online and open a capital one online bank account with your Florida address, deposit something like $50, then use that to get the Florida resident discount on the pass. It'll save you like $300.

Thanks. I purchased a home in cape coral and the realtor told me I could use my deed to the house or my insurance policy on the home as proof of residency as well so I will use those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

couldcareless posted:

I can't wait for the calls for boycott that will go nowhere

I wish all those assholes would boycott the week of Feb 11, 2018.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
fun fact - the real Akerhus had a prison and tons of people were killed and tortured here. Sadly, no Disney mention noted.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Well, the Frozen ride is right next door so I guess that's kind of like torture...

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Braksgirl posted:

Well, the Frozen ride is right next door so I guess that's kind of like torture...

And depending on the wait time it can be like a prison in the queue.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
All true statements. Apparently beheadings were popular entertainment for awhile. That will get the locals snapping up some APs, if tourists are sacrificed to the Mouse God daily.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Anya posted:

Apparently beheadings were popular entertainment for awhile.

I would do Akershus a lot more for breakfast if this went on

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Given the Frozen queue, I'm wondering what are the longest standby waits for rides you've had to endure?

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

TV Zombie posted:

Given the Frozen queue, I'm wondering what are the longest standby waits for rides you've had to endure?

Not Disney but the longest I ever waited was 90 minutes for the Hogwarts Forbidden Journey. It's not so bad once you get inside.................

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Gringotts might be the most miserable I've endured. And we were in line at gate open too.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Last time we took the little cousins to MK Mine Train had a 45 minute posted wait time. It was the only ride they haven't done at MK, so we rushed over. Sign said 40 when we got in. Waited 75 to get past the gem game part only for the ride to break down, and we got no free fast pass to come back later. That really sucked.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I got in line for Pirates one time when the posted wait was 30 min. It ended up being more like an hour. I know I waited an hour in line once to meet Rapunzel with my daughter when she was super into her. I don't think I've waited longer than an hour for anything.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
$25 when you get a $100 gift card at World of Disney

Not a bad deal if you were gonna spend the cash anyway

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
I waited like 3.5 hours to meet Jack and Sally at Disney Springs the first time they met in Florida.

Worth it.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Just got back from doing Flight of Passahe and getting a food from the canteen. The ride is worth the 1.5 hour wait. And the beef bowl and chocolate cake were pretty great too.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

My favorite place to eat at Universal was... ew, all their food is disgusting though I haven't been there in years. I think we just ate at Richter's Burgers every time we went. Over at Islands of Adventure you can't go wrong with the authentic Dagwood sandwich if they still have it.

But if you're at Busch Gardens, get the barbecue from the Zambezi Smokehouse. It's so good. They have a setup where you can watch them tending the smokers and everything.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Zero One posted:

Huh. Most people online seem to dislike the current narration (although I think that's more an overall preference for the Jeremy Irons version than hate of her).

That all said losing sponsorships doesn't mean things will change right away. AT&T dropped their sponsorship in 2003 and Siemens didn't start until 2005. Then it wasn't until 2008 that the update finally happened.

I miss the old ending room with the magic AT&T voice activated Alice in Wonderland stuff.

spaceship earth is my favorite ride :( :( dont go away youre so pure :(

also lol how do you hve a ride in this day and age that can't have more than 200 lbs ....do water parks even usually have weight limits? its just a slide

Yeah, for safety reasons they have weight limits on water slides since you're riding on innertubes or rafts but they're usually pretty generous and closer to 300 pounds.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
90 minutes for mine train was probably our longest wait time a few months after it opened. Maybe an hour for Ariel once?

Shortest wait time for a character was when we were in the back garden area of England in Epcot. Mary Poppins and Alice were just coming from back stage onto their shift when my daughter was coming out of the bathroom. They stopped to chat then walked her out hand-in-hand-in-hand. Still one of my favorite memories.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Waited in line for three hours to ride Space Mountain the summer it opened at Disneyland. I was a kid, so it didn't bother me in the least. Now I hate that the flight to Florida takes three hours.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I think my longest are Indy in Disneyland when it first opened. And Space in Disneyland

Both 2 hours

Indy is so good and the queue is good too

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

BlueBayou posted:

I think my longest are Indy in Disneyland when it first opened. And Space in Disneyland

Both 2 hours

Indy is so good and the queue is good too

I blew past the Indy queue when I was there a free weeks ago. The line was backed up all the way to the front entrance so I jumped on single rider. Took me longer to walk all the way to the front than to wait once I got there. If the wait is shorter next time I'll go through the queue to check it out.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I walked right on to Indy. I don't remember the queue at all.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Longest was probably Top Thrill Dragster the year it opened. Maybe 2 hours (including breakdowns).

Shortest was my trip to Disneyland Paris last fall. Longest line of the day was 5 mins for Peter Pan.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Oh I take that back, my longest was a Rocket Rods

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

Braksgirl posted:

I walked right on to Indy. I don't remember the queue at all.

Such a shame that fastpass screwed the Indy queue. I rember being excited to go through each time when it was first open. Got one of those decodor cards and translated the writing on the walls, enjoyed the nice cool stretch in the caves, got a cast member to shine a light on the eeyore parking sign, scare people in the spike room. It was the best queue ever. And I probably did that ride 20-30 times every trip to DL.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
A crowd showed up for Disney Quest's last day.

http://twitter.com/cchard/status/881251569718763520

They've been at capacity on and off several times today.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was like that when I went two weeks ago. I thought last day was the third though

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
RIP Disney Quest and all of its lost potential

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

couldcareless posted:

RIP Disney Quest and all of its lost potential

Aye. The idea was way way way ahead of its time and the tech just wasn't quite there. It's kind of cool how the LEGO Discovery Centers have taken up the mantle of "theme park in a box", and I do really want to visit the one nearby, but I'm still so sad that DisneyQuest never lived up to the hype.

And of COURSE DisBoards is losing its collective poo poo over the Pirates change. Personally, I'd like some assurance that Jack Sparrow is out as well. On that note, is anyone honestly going to be mourning the current version of Journey Into Imagination or So Many Nested Dream Sequences Nolan Gets A Nosebleed Universe of Energy?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What did Johnny drop do that everyone is mad about

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I just think that it's because Pirate became focused on his character and the movie too much for anyone's liking.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
The animatronic looks awkwardly out of place amongst the older pirates and his inclusion is jarringly shoe-horned in. Contrast with Shanghai's Pirates, which is actively built around the films.

Also Depp is a creepy domestic abuser, I'm legit shocked Disney hasn't tried to downplay Sparrow after the revelations last year.

MockTurtle
Mar 9, 2006
Once I was a real Turtle.
Has anyone gone on the balloon at Disney Springs? My stepdad is big into amateur aviation so I feel like he would dig it, but I don't know how the weather usually is wind wise.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Nevermind, stupid website logged me out after two minutes of inactivity.

And California Grill isn't available 181 days out! Grrr

Omne fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 3, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

On Saturday I got to see La Nouba, and holy poo poo get tickets before it closes if you haven't. It's easily the most impressive show on Disney property right now.

I also got to check out Pandora (there's no longer a line to get in) and do Flight of Passage. The whole land is by far the most immersive in all of Disney and Flight of Passage is beautiful and a little bit terrifying at first. People tend to scream when the ride starts.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

What did Johnny drop do that everyone is mad about

SteelMentor posted:

The animatronic looks awkwardly out of place amongst the older pirates and his inclusion is jarringly shoe-horned in. Contrast with Shanghai's Pirates, which is actively built around the films.

Also Depp is a creepy domestic abuser, I'm legit shocked Disney hasn't tried to downplay Sparrow after the revelations last year.

This. One hyper realistic animatronic stands out amongst a hundred caricatures. Plus, they recorded new audio for Johnny Depp and which ever characters 'interact' with him, and left the rest of the audio from the 60's untouched. So for 80% of the ride the dialogue will sound slightly muffled and a bit less dynamic, and then you pass one character that sounds crystal clear saying "Jack Sparrow will never find this". Then you add on the fact that said characters that do refer to him are either A) repurposed from the original ride with barely any changes, or B) just a speaker. Not to mention the addition of a plot that it's detractors criticize as tacked on and intrusive. And so, to some people all of it comes across as pointless additions that stand out, rather than seamlessly integrated into the ride.

That said, that is some people. Most people probably don't notice, and are infact expecting Johnny Depp in the ride. Especially foreign tourists who don't understand the history of the ride and it's relation to the films, and only know 'Pirates of the Carribean' as those movies they watched starring that funny guy. And probably before the addition of the character to the ride, a notable number of people probably were confused why the ride wasn't an exciting adventure with skeletons sword fighting and that one funny guy, but rather a really slow boat ride that showed a bunch of white guys in a city. And so the ride will probably remain until the movies are no longer culturally relevant, or until Johnny Depp's reputation becomes so toxic that people will actively avoid the ride (or at least, more than there are now).

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I need basically all of the merch from D23

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-d23-expo-2017/

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
They're selling off the Disney Quest arcade cabinets to cast members. It's at http://www.castauction.com/site/disneydepot. :stare:

Unfortunately most of the cabinets are in rough condition, but still neat. I'd love to have one of the pinball machines, but those were the least cared for.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jul 4, 2017

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want the Virtua Tennis one but gently caress $800 for that, plus having to rent a truck to move it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and yeah I relaly want all those epcot things....wish I was going to D23