Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Jerkface posted:

Does anyone have a good guide to setting up OBS for recording?

edit: I actually got shadowplay to work on windowed fullscreen, I never tried it since they changed it to "Share" and that apparently fixed my issue. I still want to setup OBS for versatility though.

What are you having problems with? The biggest issue for me was googling how to get rid of the "black screen bug" where the preview would just show a black screen but the sound would come through.

If that isn't an issue you should be able to boot the game and then alttab to obs and see the menus. To set up in the bottom left Scenes window Right click> add scene. Then next to that in the sources window Right click> add game capture. Go to your settings>video to change fps from 30. Settings>output chooses which drive to save videos to. Settings>stream will get your twitch linked, you have to go to your twitch control panel and get a stream key and enter it in OBS if you want to stream as well. I just record every game for the off chance something funny happens but usually just to figure out what I did wrong and how I died

30 fps videos are about 200mb each, 60fps are around 500mb. RIP ssd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
Something happened during a squad game yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBFD2-bmfx4

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Why the gently caress won't shadowplay let you bind push to talk to your mouse?

Also shadowplay for some reason melts buildings after the initial jump and fucks my game up. Soo many missed moments :(

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

What are you having problems with? The biggest issue for me was googling how to get rid of the "black screen bug" where the preview would just show a black screen but the sound would come through.

If that isn't an issue you should be able to boot the game and then alttab to obs and see the menus. To set up in the bottom left Scenes window Right click> add scene. Then next to that in the sources window Right click> add game capture. Go to your settings>video to change fps from 30. Settings>output chooses which drive to save videos to. Settings>stream will get your twitch linked, you have to go to your twitch control panel and get a stream key and enter it in OBS if you want to stream as well. I just record every game for the off chance something funny happens but usually just to figure out what I did wrong and how I died

30 fps videos are about 200mb each, 60fps are around 500mb. RIP ssd

I ask because people said its more complicated to setup. I got it up and running but didnt know if i was missing anything.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Jerkface posted:

I ask because people said its more complicated to setup. I got it up and running but didnt know if i was missing anything.

Just your shots

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

The sun was in my eye

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Whale Cancer posted:

Why the gently caress won't shadowplay let you bind push to talk to your mouse?

Also shadowplay for some reason melts buildings after the initial jump and fucks my game up. Soo many missed moments :(

I ended up just streaming to twitch and delete the games I dont care about. Shadowplay only does 20mins at a time too so you could miss good starts if you win and forget to hit save.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

titanium posted:

I ended up just streaming to twitch and delete the games I dont care about. Shadowplay only does 20mins at a time too so you could miss good starts if you win and forget to hit save.

My issue with streaming to twitch is the sound gets off sync due to their variable frame rate, also it's pretty much 720P only that gets compressed and looks like garbage.

The only thing that works well for me is Shadowplay Instant Replay. I can save 5 minute chunks at my native res, 3440x1440 at 60FPS and that looks pretty drat good when I upload it to Youtube at 4k. Of course, you're talking 2GB for 5 minutes. OBS had a lot of problems with my higher resolution and monopolizes your RAM, something like 5GB+ to store 5 minutes for me. Shadowplay Instant Replay just writes to your SSD/HDD constantly.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

First solo chicken dinner.
Tastes good.

Also :lol: at some dude getting very angry at my brother in local voice last night.
"YEAH YOU KEEP TALKING MOTHER FUCKER. OK GOOD. I GOT YOUR IP IM GOING TO HACK YOUR poo poo TO DUST. IM A BLACK HAT HACKER YOU LITTLE poo poo"

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Gildiss posted:

First solo chicken dinner.
Tastes good.

Also :lol: at some dude getting very angry at my brother in local voice last night.
"YEAH YOU KEEP TALKING MOTHER FUCKER. OK GOOD. I GOT YOUR IP IM GOING TO HACK YOUR poo poo TO DUST. IM A BLACK HAT HACKER YOU LITTLE poo poo"

Got him with the last bullet in your clip?

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
https://clips.twitch.tv/ReliableCheerfulCoyoteCclamChamp

I know the Dacia is a poo poo car but this is just ridiculous

Beagle isn't a bad streamer if you're looking to learn more about the game, he often lays out his reasoning and reviews his deaths to see where he went wrong. Not as action-packed as someone like Grimmz but you come away with a bit more knowledge.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Cicadalek posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ReliableCheerfulCoyoteCclamChamp

I know the Dacia is a poo poo car but this is just ridiculous

Beagle isn't a bad streamer if you're looking to learn more about the game, he often lays out his reasoning and reviews his deaths to see where he went wrong. Not as action-packed as someone like Grimmz but you come away with a bit more knowledge.

Oh man, I love how he doesn't even react to that whole thing.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

cosmicjim posted:

Got him with the last bullet in your clip?

if you're shooting during the moment you win, your gun keeps shooting on its own until it runs out of bullets

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
I'm in the frustrating position of positioning well enough to stalk people/ambush them, but then totally failing at mid/long gunfights. Really wish there was a way to consistently practice fast tap/burst and peeking.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just arrived to an air drop and a vehicle hits the crate head on and it kills me on the other side of it.

Didn't know that would happen.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So, with regards to crates, when it's not marked with red smoke anymore, that means its empty, right?

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So, with regards to crates, when it's not marked with red smoke anymore, that means its empty, right?

Nope. It just has a limited amount of smoke it puts out.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The smoke is supposed to mean it just landed and help attract people to it. It has no bearing on its contents. I believe there was a bug earlier, making the crates smoke when they weren't supposed to, but I'm not sure if that's fixed.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Sometimes I wonder if shotguns are even worth using. This should have been a kill by me. I guess because I didn't hit him square on he survived?

Now that I look at it closer, he seems to be wearing a Tier 3 vest, which could explain his survival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFKvv6vzrEk

Hamelekim fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jul 3, 2017

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Hamelekim posted:

Sometimes I wonder if shotguns are even worth using. This should have been a kill by me. I guess because I didn't hit him square on he survived?

Now that I look at it closer, he seems to be wearing a Tier 3 vest, which could explain his survival.

lol is this a joke? half your shot went into the wall and of the half that hit, probably a bunch went into his leg which does way less damage

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I hit one guy with the double barrel straight to chest (both shots). He was coming upstairs and had nowhere to move. I died to his micro uzi too. Maybe uzi causes so much lag or something that uzi always wins? At least I've never lost a cqc fight with a uzi.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Ihmemies posted:

I hit one guy with the double barrel straight to chest (both shots). He was coming upstairs and had nowhere to move. I died to his micro uzi too. Maybe uzi causes so much lag or something that uzi always wins? At least I've never lost a cqc fight with a uzi.

if you died immediately after your shots, he probably killed you before it updated on your client so your shots did nothing. it happens a lot since client side hit detection + game strictly prevents two players from killing each other by nulling all your bullets as soon as the server sees you're dead.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Hamelekim posted:

Hi. :v:

I was definitely wearing a level 3 vest, that left me with maybe 3% of my health left. I'm pretty sure you had a first aid kit on you though so that problem solved itself. If it's any consolation I've otherwise been doing pretty crappy all night.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
also remember you can sort of check how much damage you did before you died if you've only been getting clean kills (which give 20 hit points per kill)

like in that video above, he did 85% damage to the other guy (17/20) despite missing half his shot so you can see shotguns are pretty nuts

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Zo posted:

if you died immediately after your shots, he probably killed you before it updated on your client so your shots did nothing. it happens a lot since client side hit detection + game strictly prevents two players from killing each other by nulling all your bullets as soon as the server sees you're dead.

Exactly, due to desync what you see on your screen is not necessarily what actually registered on the server.

If you hit someone in the face and see the blood spatter they should be dead, the fact that you're the one who died indicates that he actually killed you first. If it's early in the game and you haven't shot anyone else you can clearly see this is the case by checking out your 'damage given' stat, it's 20 damage to kill a guy from full health.

Edit: woosh I'm a slow poster.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
It just wasn't a great shot tbh. Although, admittedly, that can largely be chalked up to peeking left, which is never a good idea.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Ihmemies posted:

This is a little counter-intuitive, but the S686 and S1897 are the only guns other than the AWM that will kill someone wearing a level 3 helmet in one headshot - so you actually are probably better off shooting upper body - head rather than center mass.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zo posted:

An exception to this is melee attacks. One time me and another guy killed each other with headshot punches.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

qkkl posted:

An exception to this is melee attacks. One time me and another guy killed each other with headshot punches.

that's awesome. i guess punches technically arent bullets!!

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

This is a little counter-intuitive, but the S686 and S1897 are the only guns other than the AWM that will kill someone wearing a level 3 helmet in one headshot - so you actually are probably better off shooting upper body - head rather than center mass.

well, technically you're not wrong, since those shotguns do one-shot through level 3 helmet, but those shotguns also one-shot through level 3 vest so you can still aim for center mass

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Zo posted:

that's awesome. i guess punches technically arent bullets!!

well, technically you're not wrong, since those shotguns do one-shot through level 3 helmet, but those shotguns also one-shot through level 3 vest so you can still aim for center mass

According to the chart I'm looking at, https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/63epn9/chart_of_damage_each_weapons_does_lethal_damage/, the shotgun is only guaranteed to kill with a body shot if the other person has no armor. I've definitely body shot people and seen people get body shot in videos without them dying.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

According to the chart I'm looking at, https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/63epn9/chart_of_damage_each_weapons_does_lethal_damage/, the shotgun is only guaranteed to kill with a body shot if the other person has no armor. I've definitely body shot people and seen people get body shot in videos without them dying.

nah shotgun (except saiga) is definitely one body shot kill on level 3 armor. that chart is bogus. it even says kar doesn't one headshot level 2 helmet which i'm sure everyone has experienced.

https://pubg.me/weapons/shotguns

25 dmg * 9 shots = 225 damage, minus 55% for level 3 body armor you get 101.5 damage

edit: also in the thread you linked, multiple people called the chart out as being wrong and posted a different chart that seems correct to me (matches my math above):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13ZI5GQDbCXl7IlVCVnEA6aZVfC7NFJLBsXPIAGFMNj4/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Did anyone in this thread get partnered? Share your links so we can support you.

edit- whats the current go to list of launch options? Is the OP up to date?

always be closing fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 3, 2017

revolther
May 27, 2008
If all of those charts and graphs folks mention don't link to a simple 96 point Arial font google doc simply reading "GIT GUD", then you all loving suck.

PS I won, once, in a group.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I like having a face of a person on the other side I can @, make funny comments and joke around with when I dont have time to play with friends. In the last month I've said something and gotten responses from The Game, the little grown up kid who used to be on MTV I'm spacing on, and brought up a concert I saw Murs at 10 years ago that he then remembered and talked about. Grimmmz responded twice to me about specific gun questions. Those interactions are what make streaming interesting for both sides.

It's fun watching their emotions in my opinion, basically. I could see how people wouldn't like that though!

I mean I guess technically later episodes of Awful Squad has Simone's face in the corner but they're funny and I'm only a man so I'ts Good.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

That chart is INCREDIBLY wrong. I've heard the numbers on that chart are either from early on in the game's life or completely bogus bullshit. Either way, they have no relevance whatsoever to the game you're playing now.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Parallel Playa posted:

It just wasn't a great shot tbh. Although, admittedly, that can largely be chalked up to peeking left, which is never a good idea.

? What do you think q does to the camera next time you peak?

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 3, 2017

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Zo posted:

nah shotgun (except saiga) is definitely one body shot kill on level 3 armor. that chart is bogus. it even says kar doesn't one headshot level 2 helmet which i'm sure everyone has experienced.

https://pubg.me/weapons/shotguns

25 dmg * 9 shots = 225 damage, minus 55% for level 3 body armor you get 101.5 damage

edit: also in the thread you linked, multiple people called the chart out as being wrong and posted a different chart that seems correct to me (matches my math above):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13ZI5GQDbCXl7IlVCVnEA6aZVfC7NFJLBsXPIAGFMNj4/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

you have to hit with all the pellets though which is gonna be tough

bonerstorm
Jul 26, 2009

:|

Digital Jedi posted:

Just arrived to an air drop and a vehicle hits the crate head on and it kills me on the other side of it.

Didn't know that would happen.

It's been an issue since beta, they don't know how to fix it.

bonerstorm
Jul 26, 2009

:|

Hamelekim posted:

1. You had no helmet on.
2. You only had a Tier-1 Vest.
3. Your initial shot accuracy was mostly on his backpack, I'd say about 20% of your crosshair spread was on his Tier-3 Vest area.
4. Relating to point 1, you took a direct head-shot after getting hit by the first bullet, before your 2nd shot ever went off. You died.

bonerstorm fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

? What do you think q does to the camera next time you peak?

That just helps with vision. Seeing as how there's barrel collision - for lack of a better term - in this game, and you still hold your gun in your right hand even after pressing Q, you need to move out of cover further when peeking left than when peeking right. This is really only a problem in doorways, but PUBG is not like CS:GO in this regard, where you're fine as long as there's nothing in front of your crosshair.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 3, 2017

• Locked thread