Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

So if you are in a region where soda is called coke, is actual Coke called Cormywhumple or what? Coca-Cola Coke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

So if you are in a region where soda is called coke, is actual Coke called Cormywhumple or what? Coca-Cola Coke?

It's called coke, as all people call it. "A coke" "what kind" "regular"

Truth be told the half-second extra basically destroys the southern economy.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

that makes no sense

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Every language has its regional dialects and variations, and many are much more dramatic than American English's variety of colloquial terms for carbonated sugar-water.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
edited:

Pet peeve: people who set off fireworks when its not July 4th. Its July 1st and neighbors are setting off a poo poo load of fireworks. Knock it off, assholes.

And this will continue for the next week

Blue Star has a new favorite as of 02:29 on Jul 2, 2017

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Fireworks are fun and cool and being annoyed by them outs you as a lame person.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

walrusman posted:

Fireworks are fun and cool and being annoyed by them outs you as a lame person.

Fireworks good when you can see them, not when random people are setting them off in the neighborhood and you cant see them, then its just noise.

Blue Star has a new favorite as of 02:54 on Jul 2, 2017

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I don't mind fireworks but my dogs are loving terrified of them.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah, the pretty lights in the sky are nice.

Being inside and hearing BANG BANG BANGABANGABANGABANGABANG all loving night long for the next week I can do without.

(Though the funnest is when I read the paper the next day and OH WAIT THOSE WEREN'T FIREWORKS AT ALL. Thankfully that doesn't happen that often.)

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

my only issue with fireworks is that my BF wants to set them off literally all the time and it's a problem. I have to keep crushing his hopes and dreams and remind him that not everyone enjoys fireworks at 10 pm on a week night.

pet peeve: people who don't follow door etiquette. If the door is closed when you enter, close it after you. If the door was open when you came in, leave it open. It's really loving annoying. Especially if it's something like a bathroom door. Is it closed because it's occupied or because some numbnuts closed it after them when they left?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I'm in Iowa where fireworks were just legalized and people are setting them off non-stop even at like 2 PM when you can't see them.

Explosions are always good though so that's cool.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
I hate when people jump the line for the bathroom. I'm not talking about someone with a small child asking if they can go ahead, or an elderly person, though. Just straight up adults that walk past the 5+ person long line and right into the stall where someone just exited.

gently caress you, other people have to pee, too.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
When someone calls me at work and I ask for their phone number to bring up the account - it gives nothing - I ask if there is ANY other number it could be met with "no no no no no" after bringing up the account with other long drown out methods I advise them that we have X as the phone number on file and am always met wit "ya, that's my cell number". THEN WHEN I ASK FOR ANY OTHER NUMBER loving TELL ME THAT YOU ASSHAT

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Do you also think the british office is the superior office?

kill yourself

Pet peeve: people who tell other people to kill themselves.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Blue Star posted:

edited:

Pet peeve: people who set off fireworks when its not July 4th. Its July 1st and neighbors are setting off a poo poo load of fireworks. Knock it off, assholes.

It's Fourth of July Weekend. :patriot: :911:

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Dear guest who coughed wetly into the same hand you were holding your keys in just before you handed them to me: why? Why are you like this?

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Blue Star posted:

edited:

Maybe they're :canada: ?

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Dear guest who coughed wetly into the same hand you were holding your keys in just before you handed them to me: why? Why are you like this?

Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one who's aware of how diseases spread and it really damages my respect for other people sometimes.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I had a customer pay me with bloody money the other week. I didn't notice it until I noticed the blood was still wet.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Oh man, I don't know if there's some women that think keeping money in their boobs is cute or hot or what, but I know how much those things sweat and I want no part of your cheesy cash.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Sweaty boob money is disgusting. Really, people in general are loving gross, and they don't seem to care very much.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
We were allowed to refuse sweaty sock 'n boob money at the liquor store where I worked. It was the best.
"No, I'm sorry, that's a biohazard."

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
All cash is loving disgusting, it's just a matter of whether you can physically feel it or not.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Brawnfire posted:

Oh man, I don't know if there's some women that think keeping money in their boobs is cute or hot or what, but I know how much those things sweat and I want no part of your cheesy cash.

My ex used to do this and it drove me insane.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It's probably an affectation that they saw in a sitcom once and didn't think through. Storing valuables in boobs was definitely something I saw a few times, even on Rosanne once when she was trying to keep some object or other away from Dan.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

When people refuse to make a decision but also won't accept any decision anyone else makes.

I was with my family this weekend and we decided to get pizza. I suggested the pizza place I normally buy from, but my sister said she didn't want to order from there. So I said "OK, you pick one then." and she started going on "why do I have to pick, why can't someone else do it?" Because someone else did pick and you vetoed it! Same thing any time we want to watch a movie. I'll make a few suggestions and she'll turn them all down, but then complain if I ask her to pick something.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

People who don't replace the goddamned toilet paper when they use the last of it

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

A lot of the MUPs around here that cross at 4 way intersections don't just cross to the other side but are catty corner. So instead of just having to cross 1 busy road, you have to cross it and then wait for the chance to cross the other busy road before you can continue on the path. I was out on a couple hour bike ride today and had to do that on 6 occasions (admittedly 2 of them were the same as earlier ones just on the way back, but still).

I don't know how common this is in other cities but it's just one of many ways you can tell the bike lanes / MUPs/ any non-car mode of travel was a distant afterthought around here that they just tried to do some half assed patch jobs on.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Adults that ride bikes

You look so dumb, get off that goofy poo poo!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

BioEnchanted posted:

It's probably an affectation that they saw in a sitcom once and didn't think through. Storing valuables in boobs was definitely something I saw a few times, even on Rosanne once when she was trying to keep some object or other away from Dan.

It's way more likely that they just didn't have anywhere else to put it, since a lot of women's clothing doesn't have pockets (or has decorative pocketoid detail with no actual pockets, which is a pet peeve in and of itself). Maybe some women do it to be cute or as an affectation, but I'm betting way more of them do it out of necessity.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
People setting off fireworks at night on July 2nd. Its not the 4th yet assholes. Some of us have to work at 7am on the 3rd and don't appreciate loud constant bangs from outside until midnight. I get being lenient on the 4th itself, but these people are breaking noise laws and fireworks laws (the types they're setting off are illegal in this state).

Now I'm going to be tired and cranky all day today.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

To me, the worst part is people shooting off leftover fireworks for days afterwards. You shouldn't have leftover fireworks, you dolts. Fire them all off on the 4th and be done with it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Where the hell do you firework-complainers live? I'm in west Texas, aka a national capital of trucks and hicks, and fireworks here get shot off on the fourth and almost only then. Hell, stray fireworks are more likely around the new year, if anything.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Where the hell do you firework-complainers live? I'm in west Texas, aka a national capital of trucks and hicks, and fireworks here get shot off on the fourth and almost only then. Hell, stray fireworks are more likely around the new year, if anything.

Suburb directly next to Minneapolis. Like, a dense housing area. Been constant all weekend. I didn't mind much Friday and Saturday, but on a Sunday night that poo poo is not acceptable.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

In the UK (or at least where I live) we get fireworks being let off weeks before bonfire night and up to a week after. There's even the odd one that goes off during the day.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
At work:

Co-worker: "So, for the Smith project, I think we'll have to do this-and-that."
Me: "Yes, I agree, let's do this-and-that."
Co-worker: "Because you see, since this thing and that reason, therefore this-and-that."
Me: "Of course, I agree."
Co-worker: "Good, because the client said this, so therefore this thing and that reason, therefore this-and-that."
Me: "Yes, alright, we're on the same page here, I agree with you."
Co-worker: "Yes, because..."

Why does he have to turn a five-minute conversation into a thirty-minute conversation every bloody time? We've already agreed on how to do this thing, let's loving get to it!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That's a common one on this thread: what's with not knowing when to shut up?

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Downtown San Jose. One of the least-rednecky places in the U.S., and I've been hearing firecrackers for almost a week now. They're also very loving illegal in San Jose. It breaks my heart to hear about people losing their pets on July 2 because the poor guy got spooked and jumped the fence, but really, you KNOW people are idiots. I'd say up to four days before and after any 'MURICA holiday (Memorial Day, July 4, Veterans Day, Labor Day), you should know your idiot neighbors are gonna set off firecrackers. Keep Fluffy and Snookums under supervision during that time, would ya?

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I'd say up to four days before and after any 'MURICA holiday (Memorial Day, July 4, Veterans Day, Labor Day), you should know your idiot neighbors are gonna set off firecrackers. Keep Fluffy and Snookums under supervision during that time, would ya?

Don't forget New Year's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Mikl posted:

Why does he have to turn a five-minute conversation into a thirty-minute conversation every bloody time? We've already agreed on how to do this thing, let's loving get to it!

Either they have no self-confidence and need external validation on every single point individually, or they are proud of themselves and want you to know how great they are. Seen both; in my experience the latter is much more annoying.