Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Picnic Princess posted:

Just eat everything, then you don't have to be so goddamn picky and whiny!
I can only fit a finite amount of food in my stomach at any one time. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

"Catte" "Dogge"

gently caress off

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

The Moon Monster posted:

"Catte" "Dogge"

gently caress off

Awww, looks like pupper is mad

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Leavemywife posted:

Speaking of helmet laws, I cannot tell you how often I see people in street clothes riding a motorcycle. When you get on your bike, you do not dress for the ride; dress for the fall.

The other day, I saw some motherfucker wearing slippers on his motorcycle. Who loving does that!?

Yes, this too. People simply do not think things like accidents will happen to them.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

kreyla posted:

What is your avatar from? It hypnotizes me.

It's from a commercial for the Datsun 280ZX BLACK GOOOOOLD from 1980:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HPNxsGUakQ

So lavishly appointed there are no options.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

The Moon Monster posted:

"Catte" "Dogge"

gently caress off

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Catberry? More like Catteberry

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Slime posted:

Catberry? More like Catteberrrey

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Slime posted:

Catberry? More like Catteberry

Mods!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Okay I'll stop now

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Tiggum posted:

I can only fit a finite amount of food in my stomach at any one time. :(

i guess you're not American then.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Parents who are smokers who insist on lighting up when they're around their kids. Do whatever the gently caress you want to yourself, but don't loving smoke around your kids.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

SilentChaz posted:

Parents who are smokers who insist on lighting up when they're around their kids. Do whatever the gently caress you want to yourself, but don't loving smoke around your kids.

One of my exes was so proud of his mom that she switched to Virginia slims (or whatever the lightest girly cigarette is) when she was preagnant with him. Yes she was a horrible hypocritical poo poo of a mother, and one of the ones who come off nice and normal until you see what's behind the facade.

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

magikid posted:

Well you sure showed him!

Uhh, yeah I guess?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

SilentChaz posted:

This is one of the things I still foster resentment towards my mom for. My mom's a fairly awesome lady, but she smoked both while pregnant with me and as I was growing up. As a result, my lungs are absolute trash, even after a surgery that was supposed to fix it. I get sick constantly with bronchitus, pneumonia, general chest colds... Also I got bullied constantly as a kid for smelling like cigarettes because she did (and still does) smoke like a chimney.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
People linking to a long YouTube video as an answer to a question, without a timecode.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

when people don't take like 30 seconds to do a thing that would help out everyone

mostly, not replacing the loving toilet paper roll, but also not taking out the trash on their way out, not replacing the empty trash with a clean trashbag, or putting their dishes in the sink instead of just leaving them where they lay

on one hand it sucks that I'm getting evicted but on the other hand at least I don't gotta deal with this poo poo any more

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

This article has some p. funny responses but Myrtle is the best one: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/jul/01/it-has-had-a-real-social-impact-readers-on-the-smoking-ban-ten-years-on

quote:

Myrtle, 50, Huddersfield: It has ruined my social life

Smoker since she was 13

I was angry about the smoking ban and still am. The pubs changed immediately and I don’t enjoy going to them anymore. Many, which had been a lifeline for lonely people, ended up closing. Pubs don’t smell nice anymore, and it’s not nice going outside to smoke in the rain and cold without your pint. It has ruined my social life and affects my desire to travel, go to the cinema or a restaurant, or even have a coffee somewhere. I go out for short bursts, for as long as I can manage without smoking. You can’t smoke in most people’s houses anymore either, so I am mostly on my own at home.

The extension of the ban, to plain packaging that is all the same and covered with disgusting photographs and warnings, has made it very difficult for shop staff to find the tobacco you want. Cars no longer have ashtrays in them so I take a portable one. I disagree with the ban as it has turned me into a hermit. I think individual owners of cinemas, bars, pubs and restaurants could decide for themselves whether they want a smoking or non-smoking environment, or both. I remember some pubs having a room for each, which was fine. I don’t want to annoy anyone who doesn’t like the smell or the smoke, but the ban has gone too far.

Waah, I'm sad because my disgusting addiction stops me having a life, this is everyone else's fault

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Corrode posted:

This article has some p. funny responses but Myrtle is the best one: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/jul/01/it-has-had-a-real-social-impact-readers-on-the-smoking-ban-ten-years-on

Waah, I'm sad because my disgusting addiction stops me having a life, this is everyone else's fault

I'm a smoker and everything in that woman's list of problems is just dumb. Also, finding cigarettes with plain packaging isn't loving difficult.

Dissociative Donut
Oct 9, 2009

by Pragmatica
I live in an old European town right next to an equally old church. I walk past it daily.

That loving crooked, upside-down, fake window pisses me off more than I can express in words.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dissociative Donut posted:

I live in an old European town right next to an equally old church. I walk past it daily.

That loving crooked, upside-down, fake window pisses me off more than I can express in words.

It's probably a shield. Churches fuckin' love shields.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 14:20 on Jul 3, 2017

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Intoluene posted:

I'm a smoker and everything in that woman's list of problems is just dumb. Also, finding cigarettes with plain packaging isn't loving difficult.

Christ, it is irritating reading that. I smoke the occasional cigar, but even I think the ban is a loving godsend. Not having to go home reeking of stale smoke makes up for any minor inconvenience a thousand-fold.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Just out of interest how old is that church it looks really new for some reason?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MisterBibs posted:

People linking to a long YouTube video as an answer to a question, without a timecode.

Oh man I've done that sometimes because the Internet is hard nowadays :(

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I've seen enough movies to know that's some Da Vinci National Treasure Code poo poo and you need to destroy that church wall where it's pointing ASAP because there's a clue in there that leads to the Holy Grail.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Intoluene posted:

Also, finding cigarettes with plain packaging isn't loving difficult.
One data point only, but from what I saw in Jamaica a couple months ago she may have a point on that one particular thing in certain locations. The smokes there seemed to have at least 2/3 of the package covered with what most people would consider NSFW pictures and bold warnings -- the brand name was almost an afterthought on the side of the package. My experience may be because I only saw single packs and not cartons.

It was fun asking my wife how she liked her pack of Gangrenous Toes, though :v:

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

Corrode posted:

Ugggh I can smell Myrtle from here

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

I can't imagine that kind of cigarette habit, the "I go out for short bursts, as long as I can manage without a cigarette." I smoked for ~10 years and not almost 40, but if I was occupied it was always 2-3hrs between smokes, working as a chef was no smokes during the dinner rush (not like thats a rule it's just impossible), and sure that smoke afterwards was the best one all day, but even with a very real nicotine addiction I didn't really think about it until I was walking outside to my break, there was certainly never a time that I thought about changing careers or altering my life to accommodate more smoking. If I was sitting outside with a beer, sure I'd have them much more frequently, maybe playing video games on the weekend I'd have a smoke every hour, but it sounds like she is lighting a new cigarette off of the last one all day long. That's commitment to loving up your lungs.

Even when I was a smoker, stale nicotine smells fuckin gross. My habit came after most bars and restaurants were none smoking( I do remember my parents being asked smoking or non smoking as a kid), but I was always happy to go outside for a cigarette after my meal rather than have the whole place stink and ruin my meal. I can see bars that only do alcohol, no food, be proprietor's choice as far as smoking goes, but any other indoor public place, good riddance.

I guess I just can't imagine someone's life revolving around cigarettes like that. To not even be willing to cut back a bit so you can leave the house. To just become a cigarette hermit, smoking your several packs a day alone at home and blaming everyone else.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

om nom nom posted:

I can't imagine that kind of cigarette habit, the "I go out for short bursts, as long as I can manage without a cigarette." I smoked for ~10 years and not almost 40, but if I was occupied it was always 2-3hrs between smokes, working as a chef was no smokes during the dinner rush (not like thats a rule it's just impossible), and sure that smoke afterwards was the best one all day, but even with a very real nicotine addiction I didn't really think about it until I was walking outside to my break, there was certainly never a time that I thought about changing careers or altering my life to accommodate more smoking. If I was sitting outside with a beer, sure I'd have them much more frequently, maybe playing video games on the weekend I'd have a smoke every hour, but it sounds like she is lighting a new cigarette off of the last one all day long. That's commitment to loving up your lungs.

Even when I was a smoker, stale nicotine smells fuckin gross. My habit came after most bars and restaurants were none smoking( I do remember my parents being asked smoking or non smoking as a kid), but I was always happy to go outside for a cigarette after my meal rather than have the whole place stink and ruin my meal. I can see bars that only do alcohol, no food, be proprietor's choice as far as smoking goes, but any other indoor public place, good riddance.

I guess I just can't imagine someone's life revolving around cigarettes like that. To not even be willing to cut back a bit so you can leave the house. To just become a cigarette hermit, smoking your several packs a day alone at home and blaming everyone else.

I used to work with a guy who couldn't take a 30 min car ride without needing to stop after 15 minutes for a smoke. And even then he had a smoke right before stepping in and another smoke stepping out of the car.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

I remember sitting in the kid's seat in the shopping cart at the supermarket, with my mom pushing it and smoking. Unless the carts had built-in ashtrays, I guess she was just ashing on the floor.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I was so happy when our smoking ban went through, it meant I was able to actually go out with my friends. I've always had problems with asthma and every cold developing into bronchitis so not having to breathe in thick smoke on top of that while wanting a night out with friends was amazing.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
In the great irony of it all. Vaping is gradually becoming banned in work places and other establishments because vapers are taking what little freedom they had too far and becoming a real nuisance. Insisting on repeating the sins of the father.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Catberry posted:

In the great irony of it all. Vaping is gradually becoming banned in work places and other establishments because vapers are taking what little freedom they had too far and becoming a real nuisance. Insisting on repeating the sins of the father.

This is so funny to me. I'm a pilot who used to smoke and I loved the idea of people being able to buy an e-cig and harmlessly get a bump of nicotine while on a long flight.

Jackasses proceed to make huge clouds for no reason with big unstable batteries, poo poo is now not ok on planes.

Thanks, nerds.

Dissociative Donut
Oct 9, 2009

by Pragmatica

Jippa posted:

Just out of interest how old is that church it looks really new for some reason?

It's pretty old: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Hans_Church

And the Knights Hospitalier part makes it pretty obvious it's a shield.

It still pisses me off.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Anybody who walks in to a store or restaurant a minute before they close and asks "hey are you still open?" is probably a terrible person. I'm willing to excuse "oh gently caress sorry I really need *thing* right now it's all I need I'll buy it and get out of your hair as quickly as I can" but it's very rarely that. Mostly it's "closing time means that if I get there a nanosecond before that then I can take all the time I need."

I worked in a restaurant that closed at midnight. It was a constant frustration for people to come in at 11:58 and be all like "hey you're still open, right?" and demand to be served. gently caress you. I hate you. I want to go home but now I have to wait an extra hour to take care of you then clean up the mess you'll invariably leave. Go away.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I work in a gift shop and we keep a shirt rack outside. I was pulling it through the door after turning the open sign off when a family walked up and squeezed in past the rack. Like, they had to walk sideways. loving assholes. They didn't even buy anything. Just couldn't accept I would dare close when they wanted to gently caress around and make a mess.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I used to work at a car rental place. One Sunday I got a call from a woman at 1030. She said her car was due back at 1045 but she was about 30 minutes behind. We were open until 2 and we didn't need it back so I said it's fine just have it back by 2 and I won't charge anything extra. 11 went by and noon and 1 and I closed at 2 and left. The next morning the car was left overnight and I charged her for the day. An hour later she calls me in a rage saying she was told she had till 2 to return it at no charge and she was there at 1:50 but we had closed so it's not her fault and shouldn't be charged. I told her I was the guy she talked to, we were open till 2 and we had cameras and she came by at 2:07. This bitch started SCREAMING about her lawyer and a lawsuit and when I asked her why she said she would be back by 11 yesterday morning but somehow showed up minutes after we closed she had a meltdown. Anyways the place didn't have scripts or anything like that so I started laughing which made her angrier and she swore she would be there within an hour but never showed up.

Welp bye

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

oldpainless posted:

I used to work at a car rental place. One Sunday I got a call from a woman at 1030. She said her car was due back at 1045 but she was about 30 minutes behind. We were open until 2 and we didn't need it back so I said it's fine just have it back by 2 and I won't charge anything extra. 11 went by and noon and 1 and I closed at 2 and left. The next morning the car was left overnight and I charged her for the day. An hour later she calls me in a rage saying she was told she had till 2 to return it at no charge and she was there at 1:50 but we had closed so it's not her fault and shouldn't be charged. I told her I was the guy she talked to, we were open till 2 and we had cameras and she came by at 2:07. This bitch started SCREAMING about her lawyer and a lawsuit and when I asked her why she said she would be back by 11 yesterday morning but somehow showed up minutes after we closed she had a meltdown. Anyways the place didn't have scripts or anything like that so I started laughing which made her angrier and she swore she would be there within an hour but never showed up.

Welp bye

People like that are accustomed to places that will just give you your way at the slightest hint of displeasure. It's probably the worst part of dealing with the American public; we've trained people to scream, yell, complain, and bitch until they get something free or get to just poo poo all over the rules and the staff. Then they run into a place that won't put up with poo poo like that and are confused. It's where that whole "I want to speak to a manager" stereotype comes from. These are people that will lie their faces off because they know customer service is taught to never, ever question a customer, inconvenience them, or piss them off in any way, even if the employee knows they're in the right and has proof sitting right there in front of them. Nope! The customer is always right and must be pleased at all costs.

It warms my cold, stone heart every time a customer gets "lol gently caress you pay up" in a situation like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Rolo posted:

This is so funny to me. I'm a pilot who used to smoke and I loved the idea of people being able to buy an e-cig and harmlessly get a bump of nicotine while on a long flight.

Jackasses proceed to make huge clouds for no reason with big unstable batteries, poo poo is now not ok on planes.

Thanks, nerds.

I saw something like that a few days ago. A guy was launching clouds that were easily a meter long and half a meter wide. Looked like a steam engine.

• Locked thread