Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Another rerelease? Perfect for the Switch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pierson posted:

https://twitter.com/platinumgames_j/status/881710210166824960

If we get Bayonetta1+2 on Switch I will mark the gently caress out.

I'm more surprised they didn't just announce it in the January Direct along with all the other 3rd-party titles.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I would definitely buy Bayonetta for the fourth time and Bayonetta 2 for the second time.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I owned bayo 1+2 on Wiiu but never played and i will Switch it for the first time, the perfect platform

WIFEY WATCHDOG fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 3, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have never played bayonetta but I want to. Also I own a switch, so this seems perfect.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

EpicNemesis posted:

I will buy this and play bayonetta for the first time.
:yeah:
:same:

I did play as Bayonetta in Smash a bit but never played Bayonetta.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Nintendo give me the crazy big titty hair anime lady on the switch.

she has a name

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
A lot of people on the internet ate talking about double, triple, or quadruple dipping on Bayonetta, I guess I have an inaccurate concept of the game. Isn't it basically God of war with gun shoes and boobs?

What I'm asking is where is the replayability to warrant re purchasing so many times.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

EpicNemesis posted:

A lot of people on the internet ate talking about double, triple, or quadruple dipping on Bayonetta, I guess I have an inaccurate concept of the game. Isn't it basically God of war with gun shoes and boobs?

mods?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

EpicNemesis posted:

Basically

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm more surprised they didn't just announce it in the January Direct along with all the other 3rd-party titles.
Bayonetta on PC was teased via an April Fool's joke and released less than two weeks later. Platinum just love loving around.

EpicNemesis posted:

What I'm asking is where is the replayability to warrant re purchasing so many times.
Personal opinion: Bayonetta's combat system is basically the pinnacle of the genre and nothing else - even other Platinum games - has really come close. It's extremely intricate without being too awkward to grasp or hard to use, and looks incredibly stylish. Almost every move has an actual purpose and the increasingly-higher difficulty levels change the behaivour, aggression and enemy placement that make you use most of them if you want to go for the higher rankings.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jul 3, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

EpicNemesis posted:

Comparing Bayonetta to God of war is very insulting to Bayo

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/881875248697798656

Fresh update coming up this Thursday.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Potential Stardew release date/.. WHEN?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Another rerelease? Perfect for the Switch!

Let's be honest; the WiiU sold like poo poo and the Switch is selling like crazy. It's not hard to see why a lot of companies are rereleasing WiiU titles on the shiny new Nintendo machine that has better specs and an actual playerbase. I would not be at all surprised to see some of the actual decent titles like Project Zero/Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water and Tokyo Mirage Sessions get a Switch version.

Really though, I think everyone's waiting to see when Devil's Third gets one :v:.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Mods shoe

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EpicNemesis posted:

No.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Uhhh, June 7th already passed a few weeks ago.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

EpicNemesis posted:

:siren: WARNING WARNING :siren:
Do not imply God of War is the same kind of game as Bayonetta. People have opinions on the matter.

I know from experience :supaburn:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I wish they wouldn't waste Directs on trash games.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

EpicNemesis posted:

Have you played and enjoyed other Clover/Platinum character action games titles such as Metal Gear Rising, God Hand, or Wonderful 101? Bayonetta 2 is the best game they've ever made and it also has competitive co-op online multiplayer.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

EpicNemesis posted:

what the gently caress

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Detective No. 27 posted:

Uhhh, June 7th already passed a few weeks ago.

Silly American and your stupid month-first dating system :smuggo:.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What more do they need to update people on

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Buca di Bepis posted:

I'd really like an ARMS-style demo, they could announce one of those and make me happy.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
So what I'm getting is that they are similar to god or war but some people will fight you to the death because they are tooooootaly different.

I enjoyed God of War and look forward to gun shoes and boobs kratos. I've also never played a platinum game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

EpicNemesis posted:

So what I'm getting is that they are similar to god or war but some people will fight you to the death because they are tooooootaly different.

I enjoyed God of War and look forward to gun shoes and boobs kratos. I've also never played a platinum game.

Bayonetta has a very deep and technical combat system whereas god of war is more of a simple brawler

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

EpicNemesis posted:

Basically, in God of War you mash buttons to kill enemies.

In Bayonetta, you can mash buttons to kill enemies, but you are more rewarded by weaving together combos and you can also dodge enemy attacks at the right time to be rewarded with slowed time and more opportunities to mash buttons. It's just a tighter, more technical experience with a more fun, extravagant wrapping resulting in a vastly more enjoyable package. The two games don't really feel similar at all.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Buca di Bepis posted:

People need to stay fresh with the game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wheany posted:

Do not imply God of War is the same kind of game as Bayonetta. People have opinions on the matter.

:rolleyes:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I bought a Switch last month and I was honestly considering getting a Wii U in 2017 because of Bayonetta 2. I had to gamble that it would get a rerelease and I hope I am right.

Along with Wonderful 101 and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. And all the first-party games

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It's got more in common with Devil May Cry

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Nintendo Switch: Wii U Deluxe

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bayonetta is the successor to Devil May Cry.

God of War is more on the level of say... Hungry Hungry Hippos.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

God of War is still fun but it's not nearly as smooth or deep as Bayonetta

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I got Bayo 1/2 on WiiU but never got around to finishing 1 or playing 2 at all, I'd love a Switch port of them.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I wish they wouldn't waste Directs on trash games.

The *yawn*est of bad troll attempts

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Wheany posted:

I'm sorry did you compare action game God of War to CHARACTER ACTION game Bayonetta?

How dare you, you casul

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Golden Goat posted:

I'm sorry did you compare action game God of War to CHARACTER ACTION game Bayonetta?

How dare you, you casul

A good rule for posting is to be less mad than the people you're failing to make fun of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i hate you, final trial of the master trials. why did anyone think you were a good idea

• Locked thread