Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Epic High Five posted:

Indiana proud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Hey guys guess what white retard America is about to get even more retarded and more racist and more vile because their only source of 'information' is about to turn ultra right wing.

https://youtu.be/GvtNyOzGogc

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

anime tupac posted:

I hate when people post blind youtube links, so: The Avalanches were one of the first modern mashup song groups back in like the early 2000s and they were weird and cool and well-respected. Anyway, I never knew until tonight that videos have now been made to match up with their clipped-together mashup nonsense album, and the videos are hilarious, and I hope they cheer someone up in this era of our fat blob failure president https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLrnkK2YEcE

hows the weather in the district of columbia today? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VelS-YCtHV4

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Idk how France works but since he's the executive couldn't he just say "ok state of emergency is over"?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

etalian posted:

The best thing about the midwest is you never have to worry about random terrorists deciding to blow up
cultural meccas like Indianapolis or Cleveland.

Someone forgot about Oklahoma City

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

So there are plans to turn the American media into soviet-era state-run propaganda outlets. :waycool:

I WON'T BE SATISFIED UNTIL THE ONE-PARTY SYSTEM IS INTRODUCED

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/881880211448639488

bigly

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Business Gorillas posted:

Idk how France works but since he's the executive couldn't he just say "ok state of emergency is over"?

:shrug:

in May he extended it to November and now says he'll lift in the Fall when it expires anyway :thumbsup:

Serf
May 5, 2011

i mean... good? we need to treat each other as enemies, not competitors

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

That Works posted:

that was a white guy, not a terrorist, you see

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
white people are all mad dogs while browns are evil

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://news.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=10813197&cid=54734373

quote:

One wonders how the early white settlers ever survived their migration to the west. Did the native Americans provide them with "living wage" jobs?

Death crew is real in the techbro crevices of the Internet. It frenzies like a swarm of ticks on a sleeping mammal.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Annual Prophet posted:

that was a white guy, not a terrorist, you see

so neither was the unibomber

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

fits my needs posted:

browns are evil

ftfy

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Serf posted:

i mean... good? we need to treat each other as enemies, not competitors

:agreed: Tone argumentation is the dumbest of fallacies.

Vertical Lime posted:

Or McVeigh.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Vertical Lime posted:

apparently they're classifying him as a serial killer lol

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

anime tupac posted:

Hey Squizzle, I was playing Shadowrun Hong Kong and the orc lady had named her rats "madness and folly" and I was sure that sounded familiar, and sure enough it was an Ecclesiastes reference. I just thought that was a really cool turn of phrase and want to know which other uses of language in the OT (or I guess the NT) impressed you too

Necessary cspam disclaimer: i mean this for real and am not making some kind of super irony joke wherein i attempt to own you

just to get the obv stuff out of the way, a lot of the ot was written as hymns or poetry to begin w and it still holds up well imo—psalms and song of songs, for the most fuckin low hanging fruit, are full of nice constructions. i mention is all the time, but job has an abundance of good af language; im extremely partial to gods whole speech but also the back half or so of chapter 26 where job tries to describe the majesty and like bigness of god w the words of mortals

side note theres a bit in jonah (the story about the most petulant poo poo ever) where God is trying to explain something to jonah, the title and titular line in star wars character, by providing a shady bush then having a worm eat the bush, and asking jonah if he should really get pissed about losing the bush, and jonahs response is, and this is gonna be p close to a quote if you wanna check the reference (last few lines of the book of jonah) "yes, angry enough to die"

lmebo

theres a part in i thiiiiiiiiink hosea but idk, but i do think hosea, thats a p cool bit of peevishness about, working from memory so this is paraphrasing at best "wine and new wine remove reason, people will consult oracles and look at wood, a spirit of whoredom leads them astray" :nitecrew:

for the nt well if you cant open to a random rear end page in hebrews and find something beautiful you got brain problems imo, luke (esp the first couple chapters) is also good as h*ck but thats because luke-acts has actual skilled authorship w things like character arcs and foreshadowing and themes so its almost cheating to cite it

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

galenanorth posted:

https://news.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=10813197&cid=54734373

Death crew is real in the techbro crevices of the Internet. It frenzies like a swarm of ticks on a sleeping mammal.

wasnt there an entire game for children that was played on one of these tech devices specifically about people dying in droves trying to go west

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

That Works posted:

I loved the troll news release Minnesota did thanking other midwest states for slashing their education budget since it made it much easier for them
find additional teachers.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a4w8_D3Derc

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

shiksa posted:

wasnt there an entire game for children that was played on one of these tech devices specifically about people dying in droves trying to go west

Also didn't you basically just "get" a chunk of land for going there? Like you had to build a house but you had property and an actual chance at subsistence living, didn't you?

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

What he means is that he'll make the state of emergency unnecessary (by solving all sorts of problems, I guess). There are specific requirements for maintaining a state of emergency enshrined in the constitution, you see.

e: Point is that it's not exclusively up to the president. I think that he can initiate the state of emergency and then parliament continues it, assuming that the requirements continue to be met.

Perfectly Safe has issued a correction as of 15:42 on Jul 3, 2017

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

trump sees a kindred spirit in a braindead infant

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Can I buy this shirt on the internet

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Tour of the Weinberg Early Childhood Center by U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), on Flickr
Tour of the Weinberg Early Childhood Center by U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), on Flickr
Tour of Town Homes Development by East Baltimore Development, Inc. by U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), on Flickr
Listening Session with HABC and Mayor Pugh by U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), on Flickr
Secretary Carson visits HUD Baltimore Field Office by U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), on Flickr

BEN!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/881875263700783104 Trump wants to help the brain dead terminal kid.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/GovChristie/status/881882675656744964

again, really into christie's quest for 0% approval

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

shiksa posted:

That beach looks really busy. Is there any way to get a whole beach to yourself?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Christie would still end up with, minimum, 1% approval by the time he's out because a thousand people would be like "he hates us? at least he's honest about it! also we hate us too"

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

friend ben smokin out a lotta mother fukkers today :350:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Serf posted:

apparently they're classifying him as a serial killer lol

Let's split the difference and call him a serial terrorist

Seems accurate enough

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

shiksa posted:

yeah thats the worst idea i heard of in a long time

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Every time Zuckerberg is mentioned here there's a huge amount of vitriol against him, like he personally killed every single dog that gets posted in this thread or whatever.

Like, why do you guys hate him so much?

For the record, I think that him running for president would be disastrous on the count of him having no political experience. If he were to run for some other lower office, I could support that, assuming he makes it clear what his political views are and I agree with them. I don't think he's really made his political views known though, so I can't judge him on that. So I just don't understand how people here are so adamant that he'd be the second coming of Trump. I wouldn't support him today, but I could possibly see myself supporting him if the conditions were right, that's all I'm saying. I'm genuinely curious for an explanation other than "lol he's a nerd" and "gently caress Facebook."

In a way, I don't really see any issue with having a youngish "tech nerd" in office. I actually think that that might be better for the country, if anything a change of pace. All of our politicians come from basically the same walk of life: wealthy family, lawyer, business school, military, etc.

At the end of the day, Zuckerberg is/was a software engineer so I've got to assume that he possesses some level of knowledge. Good software engineers are essentially problem solvers: they know how to break down programs into manageable components, they know how to look for help and how to ask the right questions, and if their ego isn't big they know how/when to defer to others for help.

I could totally see a president who used to be a former engineer or scientist working in a much better capacity than the useless lawyers our political system is full of right now. I would more easily and readily trust an engineer to surround himself with good advisors than Lawyer #74764. I'm not saying engineers don't make mistakes, but I just have a bias that engineers would listen more. So no, Zuckerberg or Joe Schmoe Engineer wouldn't have military experience, or international trade experience, etc., but I'd be 100% more confident that they could appoint a good cabinet to manage the the fine details.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Every time Zuckerberg is mentioned here there's a huge amount of vitriol against him, like he personally killed every single dog that gets posted in this thread or whatever.

For the record, I think that him running for president would be disastrous on the count of him having no political experience. If he were to run for some other lower office, I could support that, assuming he makes it clear what his political views are and I agree with them. I don't think he's really made his political views known though, so I can't judge him on that. So I just don't understand how people here are so adamant that he'd be the second coming of Trump. I wouldn't support him today, but I could possibly see myself supporting him if the conditions were right, that's all I'm saying. I'm genuinely curious for an explanation other than "lol he's a nerd" and "gently caress Facebook."

In a way, I don't really see any issue with having a youngish "tech nerd" in office. I actually think that that might be better for the country, if anything a change of pace. All of our politicians come from basically the same walk of life: wealthy family, lawyer, business school, military, etc.

At the end of the day, Zuckerberg is/was a software engineer so I've got to assume that he possesses some level of knowledge. Good software engineers are essentially problem solvers: they know how to break down programs into manageable components, they know how to look for help and how to ask the right questions, and if their ego isn't big they know how/when to defer to others for help.

I could totally see a president who used to be a former engineer or scientist working in a much better capacity than the useless lawyers our political system is full of right now. I would more easily and readily trust an engineer to surround himself with good advisors than Lawyer #74764. I'm not saying engineers don't make mistakes, but I just have a bias that engineers would listen more. So no, Zuckerberg or Joe Schmoe Engineer wouldn't have military experience, or international trade experience, etc., but I'd be 100% more confident that they could appoint a good cabinet to manage the the fine details.

source your quotes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:swoon:

ZUCK

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Facebook does extremely unethical poo poo constantly.

Serf
May 5, 2011

goddamn baloogan was right, the backslide into "zuck good" has already started lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/pnehlen/status/881878494120206336

:thunk:

• Locked thread