Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

think this is the dumbest thing ive ever seen

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Even dumber, the actual article itself is behind a paywall.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/TheStaggers/status/881247307420839938

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

lmfao

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

like if that were an onion article it wouldnt be that funny because its too absurd and unrealistic

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

lol shook as hell. everythings coming up corbyn

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Breakfast All Day posted:

lol shook as hell. everythings coming up corbyn

Tories are special snowflakes, maybe they need a trigger warning?

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

etalian posted:

Tories are special snowflakes, maybe they need a trigger warning?

its the "whoosh" the guillotine makes on the way down

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

i dont even know whats satire anymore

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Is that loving real

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
Clearly the Tories need to hire elite jewel thieves to steal the Tie of Corbyn, thereby reclaiming Britannia and the dinner egg for themselves

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

i legit thought this was a photoshop like those guardian "comment is free" ones

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

so they're afraid of ties and t-shirts, lets combine both to really overwhelm them

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the revolution will wear a tie

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

The great thing about this is back when Jezza wasn't wearing a tie they all loving moaned about how he was too scruffy and no-one could take him seriously if he didn't wear a tie.

Now he is wearing a tie and, true to their word, they are taking him seriously but are now theatrically making GBS threads themselves as a result.

The clothes really do maketh the man.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
They came out with an expansion or something for the Ark dinosaur game and I was playing it with some goons and I got a griffin and named it Jeremy Corbyn.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TomViolence posted:

The great thing about this is back when Jezza wasn't wearing a tie they all loving moaned about how he was too scruffy and no-one could take him seriously if he didn't wear a tie.

Now he is wearing a tie and, true to their word, they are taking him seriously but are now theatrically making GBS threads themselves as a result.

The clothes really do maketh the man.

tbh that's a refreshing level of honesty

i was expecting "how dare he wear a tie does he think he's better than us"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Zikan posted:

i legit thought this was a photoshop like those guardian "comment is free" ones

hell, they've got my attention

i would buy this paper

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also this is some "obama orders spicy mustard" level of seriously reaching for scandal

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

hakimashou posted:

They came out with an expansion or something for the Ark dinosaur game and I was playing it with some goons and I got a griffin and named it Jeremy Corbyn.

the most millennial post

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Yinlock posted:

also this is some "obama orders spicy mustard" level of seriously reaching for scandal

It was dijon

dijon!!!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
ukip think they're have a bunch of far right people join the party to take it over lol

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

MikeCrotch posted:

It was dijon

dijon!!!

The most disturbing part of that "story" was finding out that some people consider dijon "spicy".

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

you're loving with us

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Googling Charles Moore Corbyn gets a lot of similarly dumb poo poo.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

getting a real tucker carlson vibe from this guys expression

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Lastgirl posted:

so they're afraid of ties and t-shirts, lets combine both to really overwhelm them

this deffo a good way to freak peeps tf out

im in

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Yinlock posted:

hell, they've got my attention

i would buy this paper

you would if cucknadian money wasnt no good :colbert:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
tory nightmare fuel

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

would someone explain to a mere colonial why labour hates corby so much? Is it that his policies are too far left for the corporate shills or because he has the knives out for Blair?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

a primate posted:

would someone explain to a mere colonial why labour hates corby so much? Is it that his policies are too far left for the corporate shills or because he has the knives out for Blair?

labour hates winning

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

a primate posted:

It's the same reason why bad dems hate Bernie, they are terrified are any leader who's actually serious about redistributing wealth and rebuilding the social safety net.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

etalian posted:

It's the same reason why bad dems hate Bernie, they are terrified are any leader who's actually serious about redistributing wealth and rebuilding the social safety net.

To be fair, I do think a lot of them just assumed they couldn't win except by being centrist and had resigned themselves to that. Those ones have quieted down since the election has shown that they can win from the left.

Then there are the ones who straight up don't like left wing politics. I'm not really sure why they're in Labour.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

They weren't born into the right family or didn't go to the right school so would never get far in the Tory party and wanted to be in power at some point so didn't join the Lib Dems.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

It's also worth noting that old social democratic parties in Europe are all incredibly rigid and hierarchical. Labour had gotten used to the way things went in the previous decades, everyone knew the rules and what to expect. There were turns and orders and steps to take. Most of Corbyn's career has been spent on the sidelines of the Labour party, a corner that was just roundly ignored. See the Blair quote about him during the nineties. What Corbyn essentially did by appealing to the membership was cut in line and mess up a lot of plans. Not only did he prevent the Next In Line from getting a shot at the big leagues, he also rendered the whole old process of getting ahead within the party useless - all those influential party members, kingmakers, etc felt the power slip from their fingers.

And not only did he get in without playing by the rules, he most likely changed the way the entire game was played. Now they too have to appeal to the public, now they have to shift to the left, now they have to come out of the back offices and face the sunshine. Can't imagine the past pillars of the party being too happy about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
There's also plenty of left-wingers (me) who perceive him being wierdly tolerant of places like Venezuela, Cuba, Russia etc and wierdly tolerant of anti semites on the hard left. Combined with his earlier crappy performance at pmqs, you could question his judgement in general.

All that said, now that Vince Not A Liberal Cable is running the Lib Dems, and the sorry state of Conservatism in general, it's much easier to tolerate his flaws.