Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

whiteyfats posted:

Is Mexican Spanish just oddly accented, or has it diverged farther?

I teach a lot of Spanish speaking kids and without a doubt the Mexican kids have the strongest accents and the most staccato native tongues, all the central /South American and Puerto Rican kids adapt much easier :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

I would drink the poo poo out of this.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bogan King posted:

I would drink the poo poo out of this.

I think you're supposed to eat it, not drink it.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I did look this place up and was surprised to see it wasn't Korean or Japanese. The "cute poops" fetish gets really old for me, really quickly.

Poop cafe? Actually rather cute, certainly better than the "eat curry out of toilets" version.

Coprophagy cafe

Sakurazuka posted:

Bring back cute poops please

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I took this one. :saddowns:

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Hirayuki posted:

See a doctor.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Rayjenkins posted:

See a doctor.

Or a priest.

Spadoink
Oct 10, 2005

Tea, earl grey, hot.

College Slice

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I heard (maybe in this thread) that poutine was initially a mashed potato crust with beef and cheese; is that true and does anyone have a recipe?

You are not as mistaken as the thread would have you believe, I think you've probably heard of poutine râpée, the older Acadian dish made from boiled grated/mashed potatoes stuffed with pork. I don't know how to link images while phone posting or I would, because the dish certainly belongs in this thread.

To make it super French and Canadian they sometimes eat it with sugar or maple syrup.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Hirayuki posted:

Bury it back, it will be an amazing beetle after it pupates!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Do not post the delicious steamed bread of my people here! That stuff is awesome with a light swish of cream cheese.

I have to figure out how to make a gluten free version, because I really miss it.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
How about some delicious nutritious canned chicken?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Rayjenkins posted:

How about some delicious nutritious canned chicken?

That doesn't properly show the radioactive liquid it's stored in. Or how it's just kind of disintegrating. Like a good steak, it just melts in your mouth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVza_AnhQ3E

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
I'm reminded of this classic.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

why

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

like the canned shredded chicken stuff that's like chicken version of canned tuna isn't great but it's fine as a camping food or whatever

that's all we needed

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

like the canned shredded chicken stuff that's like chicken version of canned tuna isn't great but it's fine as a camping food or whatever
It's good in fried rice, too. I don't know what that canned whole chicken is good for apart from revolting all who dare look upon it.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

We need it so I can gross out my bf with these gifs, it is necessary

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

CommonShore posted:

The stuff floating on top might be, but the rest is clearly a congealed stock. Tallow is just white fat - it looks like lard.

Yeah that looks like gravy to me. Only slightly thicker than my mum makes it.

And that looks like ginger parkin in a tin. Which would be fine as it's just ginger flavoured sticky mush anyway.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 22:29 on Jul 2, 2017

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

This doesn't belong in this thread and I have no shame.

And I'm not going to look at the chicken.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Is this Cockney rhyming slang?

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
"Pizza is a form of cheese on toast" (also great video, this poo poo is nasty)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBv6JQVAH90

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Am I remembering correctly that this stuff is super sweet and kind of... maybe raisin-y tasting? There was some other flavor to it but I can't recall exactly what it was. I think I've had it but it's probably been 20 years now.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Code Jockey posted:

Am I remembering correctly that this stuff is super sweet and kind of... maybe raisin-y tasting? There was some other flavor to it but I can't recall exactly what it was. I think I've had it but it's probably been 20 years now.

It's hella molasses. There is a superior version with raisins in it too, though.

I won't argue that it's ugly or at least weird to imagine (canned bread!) but it really is quite delicious.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
I figured it's kind of like a tinned pudding. Which is / was a reasonably acceptable thing.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

The Bloop posted:

It's hella molasses. There is a superior version with raisins in it too, though.

I won't argue that it's ugly or at least weird to imagine (canned bread!) but it really is quite delicious.

Okay there you go, molasses. I think that's the flavor I remember. I grew up far too low class to have such indulgences as raisins, that was for the city folk.

Bogan King posted:

I figured it's kind of like a tinned pudding. Which is / was a reasonably acceptable thing.

... huh, it kind of is, isn't it? Now I really want to go buy some. I've been wanting to make a bread pudding for a while, I'll just pick one of those up.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah that definitely sounds like parkin/toffee pudding which is basically cake saturated with syrup and would probably be improved by putting it in a can because it stops it drying out.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah that definitely sounds like parkin/toffee pudding which is basically cake saturated with syrup and would probably be improved by putting it in a can because it stops it drying out.

I was confused at first because to an American pudding is a very specific thing which this is most certainly not, but the description of syrup saturated cake is close. It's a very moist cakey bread. Maybe a touch oily feeling.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Pasta or summoning ritual? You decide.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Haifisch posted:

I used to think anything could be made into an edible foam. I now see the error of my ways.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Haifisch posted:

Green foamy stuff literally looks like pond scum.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It's like after my cat eats too much grass and has to puke it back up.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The Bloop posted:

I was confused at first because to an American pudding is a very specific thing which this is most certainly not, but the description of syrup saturated cake is close. It's a very moist cakey bread. Maybe a touch oily feeling.

I mean there might be a specific meaning for it but over here "pudding" is broadly a synonym for dessert and basically encompasses anything that isn't a normal cake that you can eat covered in custard.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Haifisch posted:

Shrek was feeling raunchy one night and decided to spice up dinner.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
yeah

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

je suis le grenouille raton laveur. :france:

and im yoinking that for my twatter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What the gently caress is "sliced chicken ham"?