Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ughhhh the Knights are raiding the heretics nest and I think I know how this arc will go. Guts will have the choice between attacking Griffith (where he'll fail miserably) or saving Casca and he'll choose the former and fail anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
"Hmm, why are there so many new posts in the berserk topic - did a surprise chapter release?"

EmmyOk posted:

The chocolate milk isn't helping I'm so sad they're all dying
:getin: this has been a delight, please never stop.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don't know who is more hateable the blonde religous girl or the blonde prostitute tbqh

Big fan of the priest tbh now because he's at least committed to his God. Seems like he's been demonically possessed along with his torturers.

e: huge fan of Luca and holy hell she needs to survive or I'll lose all hope

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Learning to love Nina is cosmic brain

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This humpty dumpty behelit is super creepy and I don't know what to make of him at all or what his plan is or how powerful he is.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Leave prostitute girl alone.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
behelit man is the humblest of characters

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Okay eleven chapters remain in this long arc!

I really love the Skull Man, he's extremely cool and good. Luca is just wowing me this chapter fearlessly returning to the tower without even asking Skull Man for help, I really hope her heart is rewarded or to be more exact not horrifically punished.

Serpico is also very cool and strong.

I like that flatface priest has turned into the thing now.

Things seem to be going too well so I have a big mug of hot tea to help fortify my soul.

e: I keep forgetting how good Jerome is

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 3, 2017

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Mozguz(sp?) /flatface is cool and good

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
One thing you can say for Mozgus - he's at least a better comic relief villain than Wyald.

Actually, he's probably the best comic villain in the manga.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Serpico is my favourite character.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ughhhhhhhh day had come I thought things were over but gently caress that poo poo Griffith is here now I guess and HE'S GOING TO RUIN EVERYTHING

e: Oh just flew away instead lol

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jul 3, 2017

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

the hawk of light brings salvation actually

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Mozgus can go eat a dick

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

U-DO Burger posted:

Mozgus can go eat a dick

In fact, he's extremely good at it!

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

the hawk of light brings salvation actually

You shut your mouth.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

bman in 2288 posted:

You shut your mouth.

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
Gonna save everyone from the problem he created

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

EmmyOk posted:

ughhhhhhhh day had come I thought things were over but gently caress that poo poo Griffith is here now I guess and HE'S GOING TO RUIN EVERYTHING

e: Oh just flew away instead lol

It's not entirely clear, but the fact that he exists in the real world instead of just the Escher-style God Hand plane is a Big Deal. That's what the whole arc was leading up to, what the egg guy's true purpose was, and will be critical for the future plot.

Also it means Guts doesn't have to luck into someone else's behelit activation, he can just find and kill Griffith.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

EmmyOk posted:

Put your grasses on, nothing will be wong

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

By your power combined, I am Captain gently caress Everything Up

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I like to think Conrad was his mortal name and all the other god hands keep begging him to change to a cool demon name but he won't

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Sindai posted:

I like to think Conrad was his mortal name and all the other god hands keep begging him to change to a cool demon name but he won't

IIRC they're all named after the titles of famous science fiction stories.

e:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubik
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destination:_Void
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Immortal

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Yeah but Conrad still sticks out. Should have stylized it as Khanrad or something.

Or hell, just named him Zelazny, because that's perfectly alien.

I was also never crazy about Femto (yes I know where it comes from) he should have gotten a rad Scifi name too.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Zaphod42 posted:

I was also never crazy about Femto (yes I know where it comes from) he should have gotten a rad Scifi name too.

please enlighten me because the only meaning i know for femto besides griffith is the measurement of distance and that doesn't seem related to anything

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

please enlighten me because the only meaning i know for femto besides griffith is the measurement of distance and that doesn't seem related to anything

Its related to the distance / unit of scale in the standard system. It represents one quadrillionth, or one millionth of one billionth.

Its a fancy way of saying Griffith is one in a million :cheeky:

You could also get all literary analysis and say it represents how much he sacrificed in order to gain his power, how concentrated he is, sorta. Or also how many people are attracted to him now, the scale of his influence.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Femto: The prefix applied, when measured in meters, to the width of each strand of his hair.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Begemot posted:

It's not entirely clear, but the fact that he exists in the real world instead of just the Escher-style God Hand plane is a Big Deal. That's what the whole arc was leading up to, what the egg guy's true purpose was, and will be critical for the future plot.

Also it means Guts doesn't have to luck into someone else's behelit activation, he can just find and kill Griffith.

Yeah I understood that. The Skull Man says that the Godhand live in their own dimension and can't manifest here which made sense to me because the two times we'd seen them characters had been drawn into their dimension via Behelit rather than the Godhand appearing. I figured Humpty Dumpty's wish had been granted because it seemed odd that he just disappeared and Luca is all like "welp I guess he just fecked off". His dream was that the world would die and a new one would be born and it makes sense that a member of Godhand was born into our world in order to fulfill his wish. Here is my understanding of things currently

The Godhand are five elder demons/angels who live in their own dimension and cannot affect ours directly. What they can do is create demons from humans who wish upon a behelit and offer a sacrifice in return.

A behelit may be a human soul of someone who died in abject despair and their heart/soul froze. The crimson behelits are different and specifically exist to create members of the Godhand. There may be only CB that existed solely to raise Griffith to Godhand-hood or maybe every member of the Godhand went through something similar. Griffith didn't luck into the CB he was destined for it.

Guts would be an S-Tier Demon but he's not ordained by the hands of fate or something so there's no point of even trying to turn him. Not that he'd ever do it though.

Griffith has been born again on Earth but he's still a God Demon in a human vessel. This is obvious but also proved my Casca's brand basically exploding when Griffith hugged her.He was born from Humpty Dumpty but Humpty had eaten Guts and Casca's demon baby which became part of Griffith which is why he still seems to have some attachment to them. That's Griffith's opinion at least.

Branded humans kind of make the world go wibbly wobbly so that the dead and evil spirits rise up and try to attack them wherever they are and this effect is vastly multiplied when more than one branded human is around. The tower was a very evil place to start with though so it probably won't be nearly that bad in other places even if Guts and Casca are together. They're heading for Puck's home because nasties hate being around elven places.

An apostle is a demon who sacrificed a loved one to the Godhand and they are super strong but I don't think all strong demons are apostles. Zodd or Wyald seem to be natural born demons or maybe not. A pseudo-apostle is a human forced into being a demon like the priest and his torturers.

sometime in the future they'll be on a boat for a long time

e: these bloopers :kimchi:

this dude loves predator

e2: My love for you is like a truck lets make gently caress

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 3, 2017

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Zaphod42 posted:

Its related to the distance / unit of scale in the standard system. It represents one quadrillionth, or one millionth of one billionth.

Its a fancy way of saying Griffith is one in a million :cheeky:

You could also get all literary analysis and say it represents how much he sacrificed in order to gain his power, how concentrated he is, sorta. Or also how many people are attracted to him now, the scale of his influence.

Since o, like u, is often not vocalized in Japanese specifically in the case of loan words and foreign names when it follows T and D consonants, I'm also partial to the reading "Femt" from the norse (actually closer to modern swe/nor/dan) femte, "fifth."

LordMune fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jul 3, 2017

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Hot take, it is a dumb name. No wonder he wanted to be reincarnated as Griffith.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah I understood that. The Skull Man says that the Godhand live in their own dimension and can't manifest here which made sense to me because the two times we'd seen them characters had been drawn into their dimension via Behelit rather than the Godhand appearing. I figured Humpty Dumpty's wish had been granted because it seemed odd that he just disappeared and Luca is all like "welp I guess he just fecked off". His dream was that the world would die and a new one would be born and it makes sense that a member of Godhand was born into our world in order to fulfill his wish. Here is my understanding of things currently

The Godhand are five elder demons/angels who live in their own dimension and cannot affect ours directly. What they can do is create demons from humans who wish upon a behelit and offer a sacrifice in return.

A behelit may be a human soul of someone who died in abject despair and their heart/soul froze. The crimson behelits are different and specifically exist to create members of the Godhand. There may be only CB that existed solely to raise Griffith to Godhand-hood or maybe every member of the Godhand went through something similar. Griffith didn't luck into the CB he was destined for it.

Guts would be an S-Tier Demon but he's not ordained by the hands of fate or something so there's no point of even trying to turn him. Not that he'd ever do it though.

Griffith has been born again on Earth but he's still a God Demon in a human vessel. This is obvious but also proved my Casca's brand basically exploding when Griffith hugged her.He was born from Humpty Dumpty but Humpty had eaten Guts and Casca's demon baby which became part of Griffith which is why he still seems to have some attachment to them. That's Griffith's opinion at least.

Branded humans kind of make the world go wibbly wobbly so that the dead and evil spirits rise up and try to attack them wherever they are and this effect is vastly multiplied when more than one branded human is around. The tower was a very evil place to start with though so it probably won't be nearly that bad in other places even if Guts and Casca are together. They're heading for Puck's home because nasties hate being around elven places.

An apostle is a demon who sacrificed a loved one to the Godhand and they are super strong but I don't think all strong demons are apostles. Zodd or Wyald seem to be natural born demons or maybe not. A pseudo-apostle is a human forced into being a demon like the priest and his torturers.

sometime in the future they'll be on a boat for a long time

e: these bloopers :kimchi:

this dude loves predator

Oh man you are watching the dub berserk outtakes? :allears:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Griffith's va is a musical artist underappreciated in his own time

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

EmmyOk posted:

BERSERKERRRR! :black101:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZvC_qKwiq8

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Was Mozgus really an apostle priest? Huh.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Nah he was just a normal human, but near the end of the arc he and his entourage got stung by the behilit apostle and turned into pseudo-apostles

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Zeruel posted:

Was Mozgus really an apostle priest? Huh.

He's a pseudo-apostle that was made into a demon by Humpty Behelit. Guts specifically mentions this and also that he is about as strong as an apostle.

e:f,b

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
I always thought of Wyald as someone who was weak and pathetic in life who became the way he was because of suddenly being really powerful, so he could turn his trauma around onto others. Do we have any backstory on weather he was an apostle or not?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
What? He was obviously an apostle, did the bit where he suddenly became thirty foot tall demon with a prehensile dick and a giant mouth in his chest not tip you off?

Wyald's backstory is right there in the manga, he was some weak rear end old man and became an apostle and then was in jail because ???? And then got conscripted to lead a band of fuckups in the service of Midland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

skasion posted:

What? He was obviously an apostle, did the bit where he suddenly became thirty foot tall demon with a prehensile dick and a giant mouth in his chest not tip you off?

Wyald's backstory is right there in the manga, he was some weak rear end old man and became an apostle and then was in jail because ???? And then got conscripted to lead a band of fuckups in the service of Midland.

I forgot his body turned into an old man! I wonder about Zodd so.