Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah, then they'd be in prison now instead of running the country for Trump lol

:lol: you think it would matter if any convicted wall street banker didn't walk out of prison into another top executive job I bet my ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zegermans posted:

btw I was eating my lunch and bit into something crunch and when I checked it out it was clear shards - glass would be too hard for my to crunch with my teeth, right?

Also will I die if I ate very small glass shards

I'm a bit worried.

if it is normal glass your teeth will gnash it up no problem

you will also digest and pass it though if you dont chew it enough you will lacerate your insides and potentially die

but you are going to die anyway so what have you got to lose

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

This is him screentesting with a wig for TNG

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Epic High Five posted:

Killing the rich and especially Wall Street bankers plays extremely well even in red districts you know

Obama bailing the banks out is the big non-racial reason people went Obama -> Trump

Actually Obama didn't bail out the banks. He assisted them with loans backed by warrants for ownership of pieces of those companies. And in the end the treasury got paid back in full plus it made a profit because of interest in those loans.

That was actually similar to what happened to GM. The government assisted them through bankruptcy and gave them breathing room to reorganize themselves in a orderly fashion and then emerge able to stand alone on the other side.

I understand the optics and the psychology of GM vs bankers but the government didn't give away free money in either case. It was repaid in both cases (for GM I believe the government divested its GM stocks when the price was at a certain point).

So it's irrational to be made at the bank 'bailout'. It's a little more rational the be upset at the banks for getting to that point in the first place.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

zegermans posted:

btw I was eating my lunch and bit into something crunch and when I checked it out it was clear shards - glass would be too hard for my to crunch with my teeth, right?

I'm a bit worried.

yes that sounds dangerous to me

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zegermans posted:

If he retweets this I'm just gonna go ahead and :toxx: because its nothing this thread could top

exactly what are you toxxing for??

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Jose posted:

courtesy of gbs :captainpop:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Addamere posted:

to be banned if Trump tweets that gif

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

yes that sounds dangerous to me

oh well I've reproduced

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

zegermans posted:

It's a wig, he lost it at 19

:( just like when i was cucked by connery's "hair"

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

zegermans posted:

I'm a bit worried.

glass is a necessary nutrient so your eyes have strong, scratch free windows to see through. part of why old people start losing their eyesight is due to a lack of glass in their diet.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

man I spent like 30 minutes making that casserole why the gently caress does it have glass shards in it

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Addamere posted:

you know... the... the vibe of the thing...

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
the small clear shards were the crystallized remains of squizzle

rip just rip

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

zegermans posted:

?

?????

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

zegermans posted:

man I spent like 30 minutes making that casserole why the gently caress does it have glass shards in it

always wash your hands when you finish your shift extracting shards of glass from eyeballs

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
how long until cat posting gimmick guy gets ik

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Vladimir Putin posted:

Actually Obama didn't bail out the banks. He assisted them with loans backed by warrants for ownership of pieces of those companies. And in the end the treasury got paid back in full plus it made a profit because of interest in those loans.

That was actually similar to what happened to GM. The government assisted them through bankruptcy and gave them breathing room to reorganize themselves in a orderly fashion and then emerge able to stand alone on the other side.

I understand the optics and the psychology of GM vs bankers but the government didn't give away free money in either case. It was repaid in both cases (for GM I believe the government divested its GM stocks when the price was at a certain point).

So it's irrational to be made at the bank 'bailout'. It's a little more rational the be upset at the banks for getting to that point in the first place.

Interesting point, but people want bloodshed when they get jobbed by a corrupt ruling class and Obama promising to deliver it resonated very well with people. Giving them a huge amount of money and never saying anybody did anything wrong ever, just don't even worry fellas we gotcha was a bit of a betrayal

IIRC what the government did was give GM breathing room to skullfuck their employees until they were profitable again

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

zegermans posted:

yowzers am I glad they kept him bald.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

zegermans posted:

Wife trying to kill you sorry broski

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

always wash your hands when you finish your shift extracting shards of glass from eyeballs

they were metal shards

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
i figured it out guys

trump is wile e coyote

and the media is the road runner

https://twitter.com/MeredithFrost/status/881314146230427649

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Reality Winner posted:

Wife trying to kill you sorry broski

RIP

I guess I've already had 4 servings out of 8, may as well toss the rest. Maybe I can make 2 more tomorrow since I have the "day off"

protip if you have a newborn: going to work is your vacation

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

zegermans posted:

From hottest man alive to "As a Christian, I..."

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Has Trump been apprehended?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Well this has the potential of sucking even for us affluent techies. I guess it's an inevitable result from a tech bubble burst but a lot of folks are going to be going from 100k salaries to gently caress-all if corporate demand isn't high enough to offset the influx.
But then again as long as it's a bunch of code-hipsters who stick to the west coast the east coast should be relatively stable.

lol like half of those code-hipsters are originally from the east coast. They'll be moving back in with mom and dad in fancyville, CT, when the poo poo hits the fan

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

the borg shouldve installed a wig on him that woulda sold the terror

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

Interesting point, but people want bloodshed when they get jobbed by a corrupt ruling class and Obama promising to deliver it resonated very well with people. Giving them a huge amount of money and never saying anybody did anything wrong ever, just don't even worry fellas we gotcha was a bit of a betrayal

IIRC what the government did was give GM breathing room to skullfuck their employees until they were profitable again

Actually the real size of the bailout was around 7.2 trillion dollars in government help.

The government did way more than than just taking over troubled companies like AIG, the rescue plan included other help for corrupt wall street banks such as buying their toxic assets or giving them 0% interest loans which the banks they used to buy even more government debt.

It's a big lie to claim all the government did was buy out a few companies, the total real price of rescue package was in the trillions of dollars.

Only a small fraction of the wall street bailout was actually repaid.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Vladimir Putin posted:

Backstopping loans when no one else will is totally a "bailout". They could have just been allowed to fail and the assets nationalized.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

etalian posted:

Actually the real size of the bailout was around 7.2 trillion dollars in government help.

The government did way more than than just taking over troubled companies like AIG, the rescue plan included other help for corrupt wall street banks such as buying their toxic assets or giving them 0% interest loans which the banks they used to buy even more government debt.

It's a big lie to claim all the government did was buy out a few companies, the total real price of rescue package was in the trillions of dollars.

Can't let the ultra-wealthy suffer consequences for their actions now can we! Sorry about all you people whose retirements and livelihoods got tanked by the collapse, but we have to keep these companies afloat or else there may be a collapse!!!!

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/AndyRichter/status/881925267572137984

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Jose posted:

courtesy of gbs :captainpop:

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Epic High Five posted:

Yes but like I said, he didn't give them money. He loaned them money like a bank would and made a profit when they repaid it. This was backed by warrants for ownership rights to the company. The thinking behind it was that the banks that were in trouble had liquidity problems not solvency problems and just needed time to work everything out.

I think in the end Obama did the right thing because the nation was spared a systemic collapse, and he limited exposure risk for taxpayer money while at the same time gave enough help for the banks to stabilize everything.

There is an argument that the bankers should have been shot in the street for what they did, and I understand that. But at a national/macro level, Obama did exactly what was needed at just the right time and more or less saved the country. Same thing with GM.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Vladimir Putin posted:

Yes but like I said, he didn't give them money. He loaned them money like a bank would and made a profit when they repaid it. This was backed by warrants for ownership rights to the company. The thinking behind it was that the banks that were in trouble had liquidity problems not solvency problems and just needed time to work everything out.

I think in the end Obama did the right thing because the nation was spared a systemic collapse, and he limited exposure risk for taxpayer money while at the same time gave enough help for the banks to stabilize everything.

There is an argument that the bankers should have been shot in the street for what they did, and I understand that. But at a national/macro level, Obama did exactly what was needed at just the right time and more or less saved the country. Same thing with GM.

the president is now donald trump. the country deserved to fall apart

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

anything interesting in there

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
all this day crew is making me thirsty!

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

zegermans posted:

I Claudius

How did you get a picture of Rand Paul's idealized self image?

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
https://twitter.com/dnvolz/status/881923601896755200
friendship ended, etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

While we often joke about "wow that was years ago", here is a literal thing Trump did years ago regarding that case. He also doubled down on saying they were guilty just last year.

• Locked thread