Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Vladimir Putin posted:

Sorry but since Obama is an actual leader unlike Trump he cared about the details because they actually matter. So yeah while a Trump-like leader would have just shouted insane bullshit about lining up bankers to be shot a grown up like Obama did the right thing and made the tough decisions and ultimately saved the country.

That must explain why income inequality and wages have been reversing their course in the last 7 years! We should all be very happy that Obama pragmatically spent a shitload of our money to keep in power the people perpetuating our country's slide into feudalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

death crew best crew :confuoot:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

She doesn't approve of any country that allows homosexuals to marry

ugh why do you people always concentrate on powerful women's faults. Merkel "hates gays with a passion" or Clinton "literally had slaves in her Big House"

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
It's me, I'm the belief that Obama saved the country loving lmao

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
if u've got a decent lord feudalism isn't much worse than ur life now, c'mon give it a shot.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Weeping Wound posted:

death crew best crew :confuoot:

hell yea

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

https://twitter.com/arthur_affect/status/881929730655649793

Getting webcams and lcd screens out from between you and your doctor

Chu is pretty awesome

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

zegermans posted:

ugh why do you people always concentrate on powerful women's faults. Merkel "hates gays with a passion" or Clinton "literally had slaves in her Big House"

The slaves were properly vetted at least.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Rah! posted:

Several years ago an ex-girlfriend excitedly told me that she had met ~MaRk ZuCkErbErg!!~ at a party. All i could think was "lol im really glad we broke up" (the reason definitely wasn't my anime pillows, no anime pillow, ur an anime pillow)

i still have a pillowsheet with agumon and his buddy from digimon on it, it says "unbeatable team" on it.

its on my pillow right now

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

crazy cloud posted:

It's me, I'm the belief that Obama saved the country loving lmao

:barry: :obama:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

u, naive meritocrat: we should make society more fair

me, enlightened monarchist: actually we need to codify aristocratic superiority

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Vladimir Putin posted:

Obama is an actual leader

joke of the day rite here lmao

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

arthur chu's state of the union

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

crazy cloud posted:

sir this is a nihilist arby's would you like to supersize your dryer lint flavor slushee or not

Haha nice. I like 'nihilist' Arby's. And sorry I don't share a lot of posters desire to see the entire financial system collapse. I don't want to spend the next 20 years foraging for food in the forest.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

zegermans posted:

there was a little tiny babby here yesterday, same as yr own

is the wife on duty or ... ?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Vladimir Putin posted:

Sorry but since Obama is an actual leader unlike Trump he cared about the details because they actually matter. So yeah while a Trump-like leader would have just shouted insane bullshit about lining up bankers to be shot a grown up like Obama did the right thing and made the tough decisions and ultimately saved the country.

didn't the banks immediately loan the money back to the government with interest

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Turdfuzz posted:

lol yea ok goons will be all over zuck n how hes the pragmatic rational choice

not me buddy. I'll write in "zuck is a cuck" in the primary if he has the nomination wrapped up by the time it gets to my state.

I don't know if I'll have the balls to vote for Trump in the general over him, but if anyone could make it do its Zuck.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Vladimir Putin posted:

Yes but like I said, he didn't give them money. He loaned them money like a bank would and made a profit when they repaid it. This was backed by warrants for ownership rights to the company. The thinking behind it was that the banks that were in trouble had liquidity problems not solvency problems and just needed time to work everything out.

I think in the end Obama did the right thing because the nation was spared a systemic collapse, and he limited exposure risk for taxpayer money while at the same time gave enough help for the banks to stabilize everything.

There is an argument that the bankers should have been shot in the street for what they did, and I understand that. But at a national/macro level, Obama did exactly what was needed at just the right time and more or less saved the country. Same thing with GM.

Your history is a bit hosed up. TARP was signed into law by Bush. Many of the other programs were under the aegis of the Federal Reserve, and neither Bush nor Obama really had a direct hand in those.

Also, you know, when you extend credit on generous terms to companies who cannot raise the capital on their own and would go bust without it, that's a bailout!

Obama was indeed responsible for the GM and Chrysler/Cerberus bailouts, though, and the difference in treatments there is illustrative. The car companies were rescued, but rescued out of bankruptcy--meaning the original shareholders were wiped out, management was eventually thrown out, and bondholders took losses. In contrast, the bailouts after Lehman left management largely in place, did not actually throw the firms into bankruptcy, and shareholders got out with pain, but not as much as the free market was implying that they "deserved."

That's the big thing--there's rules for the banks, where you're "indispensable" and every possible effort will be made to cover your rear end, regardless of how lovely a job you did, and then there are rules for the rest of us, where the budget deficit apparently demands the destruction of programs you rely on.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

:toot:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Vladimir Putin posted:

Look at who is president now one more time and tell me how we've been saved from anything

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
i cant think of a single demographic that looks at zuck and doesn't think "nah this guy is a total fuckin weirdo"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

this goober didn't even make Le Monde's front page lol

even better—I have no proof of this but ~MY WIFE~ said he was trying to buy it from a video game forum and you know, you just know, that's dumb enough to be true.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/881931910422953984

.... drat maryland attorney general you go hard.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Obama: vlad i know what u are doin to are elections pls stop.. or else!!! >: )
Putin: lol cuck

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Epic High Five posted:

That must explain why income inequality and wages have been reversing their course in the last 7 years! We should all be very happy that Obama pragmatically spent a shitload of our money to keep in power the people perpetuating our country's slide into feudalism

One problem at a time. Obama saved the patient from death by stabilizing it after a massive heart attack. Meanwhile the patient has been eating cheetos for every meal for 70 years.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/881909814410055680

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I won't be grinding my teeth when I enthusiastically vote for God King ZUCK!

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

maybe Baloogan is Putin

Moscow is a big sewer after all :thunk:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Epic High Five posted:

lol that guy works in finance btw

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

A Handed Missus posted:

Obama: vlad i know what u are doin to are elections pls stop.. or else!!! >: )
Putin: lol cuck

it's sanctions or war and we already did all the sanctions

shoulda invaded russia

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

shiksa posted:

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/881931910422953984

.... drat maryland attorney general you go hard.

i'm loving this dunk contest

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Vladimir Putin posted:

Haha nice. I like 'nihilist' Arby's. And sorry I don't share a lot of posters desire to see the entire financial system collapse. I don't want to spend the next 20 years foraging for food in the forest.

lol at taking for granted you have 20 years left or that there will be food to forage for

like wtf is this gimmick not wanting to see the entire system collapse?? I'm not gonna kinkshame you or nothin but don't you think that's a hosed up thing to not want

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Obama was the best GOP President they've had in decades.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Thom and the Heads posted:

i cant think of a single demographic that looks at zuck and doesn't think "nah this guy is a total fuckin weirdo"

D&D did it apparently, Business Gorillas reposted the earnest poo poo from them

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Weeping Wound posted:

there was a little tiny babby here yesterday, same as yr own

is the wife on duty or ... ?

I'm at work but nobody is doing poo poo because the boss isn't here. I need to catch up a bit on posting.

also glass update I'm not dead yet

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

how the gently caress is this even a choice? the one on the right seems awesome

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Nastier Nate posted:

not me buddy. I'll write in "zuck is a cuck" in the primary if he has the nomination wrapped up by the time it gets to my state.

I don't know if I'll have the balls to vote for Trump in the general over him, but if anyone could make it do its Zuck.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

I use those ron popiel flavor injectors to fill my steak with ranch and cheddar cheese after cooking to medium-well

I got yer flavor injection right here *thrusts*

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Weeping Wound posted:

D&D did it apparently, Business Gorillas reposted the earnest poo poo from them

business gorillas is cruel to post that here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

crazy cloud posted:

lol at taking for granted you have 20 years left or that there will be food to forage for

like wtf is this gimmick not wanting to see the entire system collapse?? I'm not gonna kinkshame you or nothin but don't you think that's a hosed up thing to not want

because the system never collapses, it just gets steadily worse but never actually breaks

• Locked thread