Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

would the PA even be mad about that? KD could play for whatever this year and he's still getting his supermax next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Kevin Durant will now be able to win a "how much did your ring cost" competition with any engaged woman in this country.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

This reads like a crappy AI generated article and makes no sense.

quote:

His plan is to also take entire raise he is eligible for, which would start his salary at $31.6 million.

Uh huh.

I'm pretty sure that article is bullshit.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

leftist heap posted:

This reads like a crappy AI generated article and makes no sense.

Uh huh.

I'm pretty sure that article is bullshit.

Nah, Marcus Thompson is legit. He probably just rushed it up to break the news without a copy editor getting a pass on it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I was really hoping Nick Young would finally Get Paid this year but as long as he's happy wherever.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'm breaking the news that Gordon Hayward will be signing with Chicago in order to get lower ping in League of Legends.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

kingcobweb posted:

I'm breaking the news that Gordon Hayward will be signing with Chicago in order to get lower ping in League of Legends.

Some things you just can't put a price on.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/881999126711455744

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/881999031768973313

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Uh....what

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wtf kd

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Union is going to be on his poo poo hardcore

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Christ.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

kingcobweb posted:

this is how they got pau, except with opera

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So how many players signed a bigger annual rate than him this offseason? Milsap? Blake? A bunch of others?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Warriors are going to get a real center.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Spacebump posted:

Warriors are going to get a real center.

they can finally pry Cole Aldrich away from Thibs

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The fart huffing damaged his soft rear end brain

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
That Mr. Unreliable poo poo really got to him, huh

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
KD truly is The Servant

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

what a guy :swoon:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
KD is a time traveler who hates the NBA and who has come back to destroy it.

He really only has average height and athleticism for a basketball player of 2180.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Rick posted:

KD is a time traveler who hates the NBA and who has come back to destroy it.

He really only has average height and athleticism for a basketball player of 2180.

Clear fiction, humans won't exist by 2100.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I hope Golden State fucks him over when it's time to get paid. Imagine if every team lowballs him after this??

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Cuck

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I hope Golden State fucks him over when it's time to get paid.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/882000477235236865

He took a paycut at age 28

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Second year's a player option if that changes anything

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He's going to have to move to Sacramento :qq:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Ammanas posted:

Nah I get what he's talking about but that kind of look is everywhere. But so are stealth supporters of the #stopwhitegenocide movement. Like the entire middle of America is just chock full of white morons who are terrified their place on top is being chipped away at

Anyway gently caress every single Ainge

well obviously gently caress every single Ainge, but i stay away from social media so i dunno what # white genocide is. I imagine some sort of reaction to the big spike in the the rate of middle american deaths in the last decade or so? There's some kinda crisis going on in that community and it seems like it might be a touch racist to blame it on solely on their whiteness.

are those folks morons for despairing about the systematic crushing of their economic opportunities, decades of stagnant wages+rising cost of living, unaffordable healthcare, opioid epidemic and surging death rate? Or are you just saying that being an unstylish white person means you're Racist and Dumb because that doesn't seem like a great joke to me, almost like it creates an unfairly divisive venn diagram, what with it being a plain unassailable fact that most-all white people choose to dress like a loaf of wet bread dripping out of the sack while bragging about how convenient and comfortable it is.

cravius posted:

Yes, constantly going to conference finals is a wasteland

that dude only posts about how much he hates Russ and OKC. It's not even basketball it's some kinda fetish. The good posters tend to reserve their hate for their own team+team owners at large

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I don't even understand how that contract helps GSW beyond easing the luxury tax.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

What a loving coward

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

leftist heap posted:

I don't even understand how that contract helps GSW beyond easing the luxury tax.

He's literally just trying to save ownership money

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

White Genocide is actually a kickin' rad metal band

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
He's just gonna opt out and sign a bird rights max next year though right

Right...

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Is that the most generous undermarket pay cut a superstar player has ever given their team? I mean I can't think of anything even close to that. Some of Jordan's old deals maybe? But then again it was an entirely different salary structure back then.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

cravius posted:

He's literally just trying to save ownership money

The player's union should be on his rear end for that.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Libertine posted:

Is that the most generous undermarket pay cut a superstar player has ever given their team? I mean I can't think of anything even close to that. Some of Jordan's old deals maybe? But then again it was an entirely different salary structure back then.

Duncan took some bad deals iirc

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If you call Dirk the current decade a superstar, he's given massive discounts to the Mavericks up until recently. And Duncan has given discounts as well.

But they were 30+ years old.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/CTowersCBS/status/882002997764608000

https://twitter.com/CTowersCBS/status/882003340728684546

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/howardeskin/status/882002008991039489

• Locked thread