Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Bernie: We should have single-payer.
Hill folk: Impossible.
Bernie: we should at least create a public option in the meantime
Hill folk: Wow way to steal from Clinton, who made vague, wonkish statements about improving Obamacare

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
it is kinda funny that both the guys who ran against Hillary came out in support of her exact healthcare plan after the election

if I was on team Hillary I'd be pretty steamed about that tbh

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Joementum posted:

it is kinda funny that both the guys who ran against Hillary came out in support of her exact healthcare plan after the election

if I was on team Hillary I'd be cheerleading a politician who's done practically jack poo poo since election so I'd be getting steamed at everything

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/odetteroulette/status/881969824703827973

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Shear Modulus posted:

the kick six also rules because alabama is the most hated team in the country

I'd root for Alabama if they were playing Notre Dame. I wouldn't be happy about it, but I'd do it. And I would expect other decent-minded folk to hold their noses and do it, too. Kind of like voting HRC if you lived in a swing state.

Luckily, I live in the glorious District of Columbia where I was allowed to vote my conscience:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
imagine believing in a cult of personality in tyool 2017

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
writing in The Lion, Bashar, in 2020 is our only hope to stave off the curse, imho

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

is penis washing an actual term or is someone trying really hard to be clever

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

UHD posted:

is penis washing an actual term

an unsurprising question from a goon

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

I thought penis washing was trump's fetish.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Joementum posted:

I'd be steamed that my platform for a powerful Dem government had been deemed barely good enough as a half-assed crisis agenda under full GOP hegemony.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Why is Senator Cory Booker following Odette Roulette?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Joementum posted:

an unsurprising question from a goon

:lol:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SKULL.GIF posted:

Why is Senator Cory Booker following Odette Roulette?

he follows nearly everyone who tweets nice stuff at him

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/JKH2/status/881940076661542912

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Joementum posted:

he follows nearly everyone who tweets nice stuff at him

So only 6 thousand people, give or take a few?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Oh Snapple! posted:

if randy is smart he'll attempt to turn this into all his ads being narrated by ron perlman

i'd donate :10bux: if he did that

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
theres literally nothing bernie can do that would make hill folk like him, up to and including supporting her and her policies.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

it is me the milquetoast maniac, i am he who is the oxymoron

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

No it loving doesn't. "Incentivizing states to expand Medicaid" isn't the same as a guaranteed 50-state public option because Red States will opt out, just like they were doing with a lot of the Obamacare markets.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Difference being, it was Hillary's longterm plan to fix Obamacare while it's Bernie's short-term plan to destroying obamacare with single payer that will👏never👏come👏to👏pass

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
please stop posting lovely twitter takes.

I'm going to die

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Vox Nihili posted:

theres literally nothing bernie can do that would make hill folk like him, up to and including supporting her and her policies.
Sounds like sexism/antisemitism to me.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Booker was on Pod Save America and his talk was actually pretty good but then he starts complaining that a constituent said something too mean about Paul Ryan :lol:.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I kind of thought that was what you were talking about but, lets not underestimate the extraordinary times that surrounded FDR and his policies. Yahoo bankruptcy and NK throwing some missiles into the sea doesn't quite measure up to the Great Depression, the Dustbowl and WWII combined.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

radical meme posted:

I kind of thought that was what you were talking about but, lets not underestimate the extraordinary times that surrounded FDR and his policies. Yahoo bankruptcy and NK throwing some missiles into the sea doesn't quite measure up to the Great Depression, the Dustbowl and WWII combined.

2008 crashed the global economy, Obama and bad dems tried to cover up the human cost of their Wall Street bailout.

Dishonest!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grondoth posted:

please stop posting lovely twitter takes.

I'm going to die

https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/882012898607976450

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

Democratic voters are stalwart progressives!

*Progressive candidates lose VA and NJ governor primaries, fail in Georgia, can't pass single payer in Calofirnia

One for the NuclearTake archives right here

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?

QQ: Why don't all these #resist Dems harp about this? Like, they're not saying,"We can't repeal Obamacare and hang people out to dry! We need to expand it to more people with a public option while fixing the inherent pricing flaws!"

I also watched all of the debates, and I never heard Hillary say this, or at least in a way that would perk up my ears to it. I never went to her website

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

I'm going to ask a question that a whole lot of Clintonites have asked before, because apparently I don't know the answer either

what does "progressive" even loving mean anymore jesus

Progressivism for almost the entirety of its existence has been to as I believe Zizek would say"give capital a human face...snifff".

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

that noise? thats me choking on my own skeleton as i vomit it up

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Subjunctivitis posted:

I never went to her website

You missed some great rear end content.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Who's the guy in the jester cap?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Who's the guy in the jester cap?

Diamond Joe

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bernie is saving the ship of fools by leading them to full communism. a good cartoon

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
yeah, i mean, its not an entirely inaccurate cartoon

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

etalian posted:

Diamond Joe

Lol Garrison owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
the rock should be labeled "CENTRISM" tho

• Locked thread