Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Sure, let's sleep in our house while looking like a pest that should be seized by animal control or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

It's very important for adolescents to get plenty of sleep so let's wait for morning.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You wake up the next morning in your own bed, feeling normal. You scrunch your eyes tight and raise your hands to your face. You're almost afraid to look. You count to three and force your eyes open. Hooray! No more bat wings! Your hands are back! Everything that happened the night before must have been a dream!

A terrible dream.

You rush to the bathroom to examine your face in the mirror. There's no trace of whiskers, or fur, or big bat's ears. You've never been so happy to see your goofy grin! You brush your teeth, comb your hair, and get dressed - whistling the whole time. You skip down the stairs and into the kitchen. The aroma of pancakes cooking fills the room.

"How many pancakes this morning?" your mom asks.

"Three," you tell her. You pour a ton of syrup on the stack and start to eat. But today, the pancakes don't taste good. They're too soft, and the syrup is too sweet. You can't help thinking they'd be better with beetles on them.

"I think I'll eat later," you tell your mom. You stand and slip on a jacket. You step outside into the bright sunshine.

And discover you've made the biggest mistake of your life!

quote:

You stand outside and your skin feels like it's on fire! The sun's glare forces your eyes shut. You duck back inside, wondering what's wrong. Then you try going out again.

The same thing happens. For some reason, you can't stand to be out in the sun! With growing horror, the answer comes to you: You're still a bat!

That's got to be it. You're in human form now, but the transformation must still be in effect. Bats, you remember, sleep during the day. They don't go out in the sun.

You need some time to think.

"I have a headache," you tell your mom. "I'm going back to bed."

"Are you sick?" she asks. She presses her hand against your forehead. "You don't seem to have a fever."

"I'll be all right," you tell her. "I just need to sleep."

You go back to your room. You turn off all the lights and pull down the shades. Then you crawl back into bed and think about your problem. What are you going to do?

And then the answer comes to you!

quote:

You've got to go back to the Krupnik Crypt - right now!

Luckily, your mom works on Saturday. "Are you sure you'll be all right?" she asks, poking her head into the dark bedroom before she leaves.

"I'm fine," you tell her. "Just tired." The second you hear the front door slam, you pull on a turtleneck, a heavy coat, gloves, dark glasses, and a hat. That should protect you from the sun.

Only it doesn't. You manage to get as far as the end of the driveway before your skin starts to blister.

You'll have to wait until dark.

That evening you tell your parents you're going to a movie with a friend. From the window in your room, you watch the sun sink below the horizon. As soon as it sets, you turn to leave for the mansion.

But the floor has suddenly become very far away. You watch in horror as black hairs sprout all over your arms. Your fingers stiffen, and black webs spread between them. Your mouth tingles as fangs burst through your gums. You hang your furry head as you realize the sad truth:

You're a bat - again.

quote:

You don't want to spend the rest of your life as a bat. You've got to get to the crypt. You decide to fly. Luckily, the window is slightly open. You duck through it and glide out into the cool evening air.

You realize you need to practice using your wings. First you try flapping, then you soar up and down. It's kind of fun, dipping and swooping over the backyard.

You also like your cool sonar system. Through your super bat's ears, you're able to hear thousands of times better than you could as a human. Insects sound as loud as cars did when you were a kid.

Something makes a flapping sound to your right. Without even looking, your sonar tells you it's a gnat. A thundering buzz, like the sound of a chain saw, comes from a june bug. You can not only tell what the insects are, you can tell where they are.

Your sonar informs you that a large moth is fluttering in the trees just ahead. The thought of the moth makes your mouth water. You realize you're very, very hungry.

A moth? You're going to eat a moth?

quote:

Your bat's stomach insists moths are delicious. Following the sonar, you swoop into the tree and grab the insect in your jaws. Its body feels soft and powdery, and the bitter flavor makes you want to hurl. But you're starving. Gagging, you swallow. Then you zoom after another moth.

When you've finished your mothy meal, you fly straight for the graveyard and the Krupnik Crypt, landing on top of the open door.

The door is bigger than you remembered. But then, you're a lot smaller. You drop to the ground and try pushing against it. It doesn't move. Even an inch. You fly into it, but all that happens is you bruise your wings.

What will you do? As a bat, you're too weak to close the door. When you're a human, you can't leave the house. Then you think of your Horror Club team. Maybe you can get them to help you.

But who should you ask first? Martin's the strongest, Lara's the friendliest, but Marcie seems the bravest.

Quick - decide who to visit and fly to their house!

Visit Martin on PAGE 36.

Or Lara on PAGE 118.

Or Marcie on PAGE 5.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Goal Endings: 0/2

Bad Endings
None yet

Achievements
None yet

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
how the heck do we know where any of them live

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Martin. Musclebound meatheads are ALWAYS useful in these situations (speaking from personal experience).

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

GeneX posted:

And are they going to invite us in?

Marcie. Hopefully she'll be like, "Huh. Bat."

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

GeneX posted:

Echolocation, duh.

Lara.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

serefin99 posted:

Martin. Musclebound meatheads are ALWAYS useful in these situations (speaking from personal experience).

Yeah, maybe we can pass the curse to Martin and become normal again.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You know that Martin lives somewhere in your neighborhood. You fly around reading mailboxes until you find Martin's house.

But your sonar tells you that no one's home. You decide to wait. You flit all around the house, peering in windows. Finally you spot a room with posters from horror movies one the walls. This must be Martin's room. You fly in through an open window and perch upside down on the curtain rod.

Somehow you feel very comfortable with the floor over your head and the ceiling under your feet. You feel so relaxed that you start to doze off.

The next thing you know, something is squeezing you. Hard! You open your eyes. A man with a brown beard has you in his fist, and he's crushing you in his grip.

"Look what we have here!" he says in excitement.

"Be careful, Dad!" cries Martin.

"Don't worry," Martin's father says. "I've got the bat trapped. It can't bite me."

"I'm not a bat! It's me!" you squeak. But they don't understand.

"What are you going to do with it, Dad?" Martin asks.

"There's only one solution," he says, shoving you in a paper bag.

quote:

You flap your wings frantically, trying to escape the paper bag. It's no use - you're trapped!

You feel the bag being lifted and carried through the house, down the stairs, and outside into the cool night air. You hear the slam of a door, then the rumble of an engine. You're in a car! But where are you going?

About ten minutes later, the car screeches to a stop. You are picked up and carried across a winding footpath.

"Here we are!" Martin's dad announces.

"Thank you so much," a strange, deep voice replies. "It is always wise to bring lost wild animals to the zoo. We can protect them here. This bat will be much happier with all the other bats in the Bat House."

Bat House? Zoo? Is this guy serious? you wonder.

Suddenly, the bag opens wide and you are nudged out. You flap your wings, confused and disoriented. Then you hear a cage door click shut.

And the flutter of hundreds of bat wings!

There are bats - everywhere! Swarming around you, swooping down on you. You head for a corner, terrified. A large bat zooms over and brushes up against you. You try to blend into the wall, but the bat moves closer and closer.

Too bad. It looks as if this bat is batty over you!

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
:siren:Locked into the Bat House at the zoo.:siren:

Achievements
None yet

Our options posted:

• Ignore Nick and go through the door.
  • Join the Red Team.
  • Crawl through the hole.
  • Leave for the crypt immediately.
  • Go to Lara's house.
  • Go to Marcie's house.

Rebonack7 fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jul 6, 2017

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!
Let's go see Lara.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You fly through the neighborhood, checking out mailboxes. At last you find a box with Lara's last name on it. You glide up to the house, and you see Lara sitting on her bed with the phone beside her. The window's open, but you don't want to fly in and freak her out.

You land quietly on the windowsill when she's not looking. You sneak in and perch on a picture frame above Lara's bed and watch.

She punches a number into the phone. "Hello, Marcie?" she says. "It's Lara. Uh-huh. Right. I've got a cool idea. Can you meet me at the mall tomorrow? Great. Three o'clock at the fountain, okay? Bye."

She hangs up and punches in another number. This time she talks to Martin. She tells him to meet her at the mall, too. Now she punches in another, shorter number.

"Hello, Information?" she says. "I'd like the number of someone who just moved to town." She tells the operator your name, and writes down the number.

This is great! Lara is going to call you! You like her best of all the kids you've met. Finally, you're making friends in this town.

"I'm right here!" you squeak from the picture frame.

quote:

"What was that noise?" Lara cries, glancing up. And then she sees you. "A bat!" she shrieks. "Gross, a bat!" She jumps off her bed and tears out of the room.

A moment later she returns with a big can of bug spray.

"Get out of here!" she shrieks. She turns the nozzle at you and presses her finger down on the spray button.

You don't know if bug spray can hurt bats, and you don't want to find out. You swoop out the window before the spray can reach you.

"Don't come back!" Lara screams, slamming the window shut.

You're so upset, you can barely flap your wings as you fly home. How are you ever going to get anyone to help you? Will you have to remain a bat for the rest of your life?

You slip into your room, wondering what to do. You flutter over to your bed. There's a note on your pillow from your mom: Lara called. Meet her at the fountain in the mall at 3:00 tomorrow.

You immediately feel better. Lara invited you to the mall with Marcie and Martin! You've definitely been accepted by these new kids. Maybe they'll be able to help you.

All you have to do is find a way to get to the mall without being fried by the sun.

quote:

The next morning you wake up as a kid again. You're pretty sure you can avoid being toasted if you stay out of the sun as much as possible and really cover up. To be safe, you wear your hat, sunglasses, muffler, and gloves.

"Why are you dressed like that?" Marcie asks when you meet your friends at the mall. She and the others laugh.

"Maybe we were wrong about you," Martin teases. "Maybe you're too weird for the Horror Club."

"Why are you wearing all those clothes?" Marcie asks again.

You'd better rethink this. You'd hate to lose the only friends you have. "My mom," you say, rolling your eyes. "I'm getting a cold and this is what she did to me."

"My mom's the same way," Lara agrees sympathetically.

You'll have to wait for a better time to tell them the truth. "So what's the plan?" you ask.

"Let's check out the new science store," Lara suggests.

"I'd rather go to the movies," Martin says. "Dracula is about to start."

"Let's let the newest member of the Horror Club decide," Marcie says, turning to you.

It's up to you now. If you choose to check out the science store, turn to PAGE 73.

If you'd rather see
Dracula, go to PAGE 108.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
Locked into the Bat House at the zoo.

Achievements
None yet

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Let's see Dracula and learn about our new condition!

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Science can solve our problem. Or kill us. Either one's good.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
We will be the first -- but perhaps not the last -- Bat Sciencetist. I mean, Scientist.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Let's go to the science store where you can buy science stuff.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Cathode Raymond posted:

We will be the first -- but perhaps not the last -- Bat Sciencetist. I mean, Scientist.

Funnily enough, one of Stine's short story compilations includes a story about a family of bat scientists. Sadly, this is not that story.

quote:

"Let's check out the science store," you tell your friends. Maybe there will be something there that will help you with your problem.

"Cool!" Lara exclaims. She leads the way to the upper level. A big banner hangs in front of a store declaring UNCLE ED'S SCIENCE EMPORIUM. This looks promising, you think. You push through the door, and the others follow you.

"Look at this great gear!" Martin says. "There's all kinds of kits and experiments."

"Cool!" Marcie points to an exhibit where you can examine your own fingerprints under a magnifying glass.

"What are those?" Lara asks. You follow her to an exhibit of tropical insects. The insects are inside a glass case. You gaze at them in fascination. They're all colors of the rainbow, and some of the beetles are as big as mice!

"Yuck!" Lara says.

You don't pay any attention. Staring at the insects has reminded you how hungry you are. Instead of flying around and eating a couple of dozen moths, you could eat just one of these beetles for a whole meal!

No, you tell yourself. No, no, no! But as you continue to gaze at the beetles, your mouth begins to water. Suddenly, the bat in you takes over.

quote:

You can't help yourself. You'll never see such a great display of bugs again. Quickly, you lift the lid on the exhibit, grab the biggest beetle, and pop it in your mouth.

"Gross!" Lara screams.

CRUNCH! goes the beetle. Martin and Marcie rush over to the exhibit.

"Watch!" Lara says, pointing to you in horror. You know your friends are staring at you, but you can't stop yourself. You pop beetle after beetle into your mouth. They crunch deliciously between your teeth. You don't stop eating until the police arrive to arrest you for shoplifting rare insects.

You end up in jail. But it isn't that bad - your mom and dad bail you out in less than an hour. And while you hang upside down on the cell bars, you come up with the most amazing idea! An idea that makes you a millionaire!

For days afterward you work in the kitchen - and in the backyard. You chop. You mix. You taste. You add more ingredients and taste again. Perfect!

You have created the biggest craze in ice cream since Rocky Road! You make a fortune with your new flavor - Beetle Berry Crunch.

Ssssh! Please don't give away the secret ingredient - the one that gives it that delicious crunch!

THE END

It took me a while to decide whether to count this as a good or bad ending. In the end, I decided it's a good ending, mainly because now that we're rich we can just pay someone to close the crypt door for us.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings

Achievements
:siren:Batkin Robbins: Invent a new ice cream flavor.:siren:

Our options posted:

• Join the Red Team.
  • Go to Marcie's house.
  • Watch Dracula.

Rebonack7 fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jul 6, 2017

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

This is the true ending to the book. All other endings are false.

But since we're still going, go to Marcie's house.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Let's go watch Dracula.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

serefin99 posted:

Let's go watch Dracula.

:colbert: Yeah! We have to do research!

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

"Let's go to the movie," you suggest. It will give you time to think of a way to ask for help.

You line up for tickets and popcorn and then settle into your seats. "This movie is supposed to be really scary," Lara says with a shiver.

As soon as the lights start to dim, you feel a familiar ache in your shoulders. With horror, you look down at your hands. The webbing is growing in between your fingers!

"I'm going to the bathroom," you mumble, and quickly jump out of your seat. The next instant, you're a bat!

You can't stay in the aisle of the theater where someone could step on you, so you fly up to the ceiling. Down below you hear laughter.

"Look at that!" someone cries. "A real bat! It must be a part of the movie!"

"What a publicity stunt," someone shouts.

Will you tell your friends the truth about what happened to you now?

Or would it be better to show them - back at Bat Wing Hall?

If you tell them now, go to PAGE 22.

If you think it's wiser to show them, fly to PAGE 45.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings

Achievements
Batkin Robbins: Invent a new ice cream flavor.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Tell them. If we show them, that could turn them into bats too and then we'd ALL be up poo poo Creek without any paddles.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You decide the best thing would be to tell your friends the truth. You fly outside and as soon as you hit the light, you transform into a kid again. After the movie, your friends rush up to you. "Where were you?" Marcie demands.

"I didn't want to watch the movie," you reply.

"Did it scare you?" Lara teases.

"Afraid of bats?" Martin chimes in. He gives your shoulder a playful punch.

"Actually," you tell him, "the problem is just the opposite. The truth is, I am a bat."

All three of your friends stare at you wide-eyes. Then they begin to laugh.

"Right," says Marcie. "And I'm Frankenstein's monster."

"Something happened in the graveyard," you explain. "I was in the crypt, and later that night I turned into a bat."

Marcie and Lara are laughing so hard they can't even talk.

"Wait a minute," Martin says, frowning. "Are you serious?"

"Yes!" you say, relieved that someone finally understands.

But Martin guffaws harder. "What a great story!" he cries.

This is another one of those "But Thou Must" choices that sends us to the same page as if we'd picked the other option - though in this case, it creates a bit of a continuity problem, as the page for the "show them" option assumes you went straight there. Anyway, do we want to continue down this route, or try one of the other options?

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings

Achievements

Our options posted:

• Join the Red Team.
  • Go to Marcie's house.
  • Show the Blue Team our curse.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
continue. Let them behold our glory

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Let's continue and break continuity.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You realize the truth sounds too batty. Besides, it will be a lot easier to prove what happened if you're already at Bat Wing Hall. You fly outside into the light and instantly transform into a kid again. You wait for the movie to finish, then meet your friends in the lobby.

"Why don't you have a special meeting of the Horror Club, just for the Blue Team?" you suggest. "I never got to tell a story, and I have one that's really scary."

"Good idea," Marcie says. "This mall is boring."

"I have to go home first," Lara announces.

"Me, too," agrees Martin. "We'll meet at Bat Wing Hall in an hour."

It's cloudy, and you're able to ride the bus almost all the way to the mansion. The sunlight only stings a little as you make your way up the hill to the old house.

Your friends better arrive before dark, you think. You know how tough it is to get anyone to listen to you while you're a bat. You glance over at the cemetery and shudder. That's where all your problems began. You breathe a sigh of relief once you've passed it by.

But your relief doesn't last long.

"HALT!" a voice rumbles. You could swear you felt the ground shake. What do you do?

If you halt, turn to PAGE 113.

If you make a run for it, race to PAGE 109.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings

Achievements

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
We're horror club members, ain't scared of no HALTs.

e: by which I mean we should halt instead of running away like a wuss

Leraika fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 7, 2017

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
Stop, look and listen.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

It's probably not a good idea to ignore a command like that. Your heart thudding in your chest, you stop and turn in the direction of the voice.

At first, you're surprised that the figure before you is just an old man with a long white beard. You're a little embarrassed that you were so afraid. But then you notice that the old guy's shape keeps shifting, as if he were made out of gray mist. And your jaw drops when you realize you can see right through him.

"I am the spirit of Professor Krupnik!" the old man bellows. He glares at you. "You've been disturbing my peace for the last two years! Now I will get my revenge!"

You can't believe it! You're face-to-face with a ghost - and it's mad at you!

"I haven't done anything!" you quake. "I moved to town only last week!"

"Do you deny that you're a member of the Horror Club?!" the professor thunders.

"Well, but... but..." you stammer. "But I just joined-"

"Silence!" the ghost shouts. "I've heard enough!" It reaches out for you. You feel an icy chill throughout your body.

Is this the end?

quote:

"Member of the Horror Club, prepare to accept your punishment!" the ghost roars.

"Wait!" you yell, leaping backward. "I've already been punished! When I was at the Horror Club Friday night I opened your tomb and was turned into a bat!

"So that was you!" the professor's ghost exclaims. "Far worse could have happened. But I suppose that's punishment enough."

"But I don't want to be a bat!" you plead. "I want to be a human!"

"Hmmm," the ghost says after a moment. "Perhaps we can help each other. If you will assist me in getting rid of those pesky kids - I'll help you turn back into your true form."

"How do I know you'll do it?" you ask. "Change me back now, and then I'll help you."

"No!" the ghost thunders. "That's my offer. Take it or leave it!"

Can you trust Professor Krupnik's ghost? Should you help him get the Horror Club members out of his house? You don't really have a choice. Besides, he's probably the only one who can unbat you.

quote:

"I'll help you," you tell Professor Krupnik.

"Good," the ghost growls. "Now get these kids out of Bat Wing Hall. And make sure they never come back."

It's weird that a ghost would need your help. But you do as Professor Krupnik asks. When you get to the mansion, you peer in through a window and see Marcie, Martin, and Lara sitting on the floor and talking.

How can you make them leave?

You know that it will be hard to scare them away. After all, they're members of the Horror Club. But maybe it would be different if they knew that the house really *is* haunted.

Or - maybe it would be better to come up with a better place for the Horror Club to meet.

Which will it be?

To convince them the house is haunted, turn to PAGE 15.

Or to get them to move to a new place, go to PAGE 130.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings

Achievements

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Telling these nerds that the place is haunted probably won't help. Let's move.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

They gotta realise that living in a haunted house is a bad idea.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Let's move.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You've decided to make your friends move the club. You need to come up with some place better to meet than Bat Wing Hall. Then an idea comes to you. You know they won't be able to resist a challenge.

"I'm sorry I'm late," you tell them, entering the living room. "I was at the graveyard. I found a way cool place for us to meet. But it might be too scary for you guys."

"No way!" Martin protests.

"Are you sure?" you ask them. "Maybe we should wait and ask the other members?"

"Who needs them?" Martin declares. "Let's go for it!"

"Yeah," Marcie chimes in. "Let's check it out now. If it's spooky enough, it'll be the club's new home."

Great! That was easier than you thought. You lead your friends to the cemetery. The old gravestones poke out of the ground at odd angles. They're broken and covered with moss, and all their writing has crumbled away.

"Cool!" Marcie crows. "You were right. This is much scarier than Bat Wing Hall. Let's make this-" she stops suddenly and stares at the ground in horror.

You wonder what grabbed her attention. Then you see it! Breaking through the surface of the ground is a bony hand!

quote:

"Help!" Lara shrieks. "It's got me!" She struggles as the hand begins to pull her into the ground.

"What is it?" Marcie yells, terror in her voice.

"It's a corpse!" Martin cries. "It's pulling her under!"

You throw your arms around Lara, but you're no match for the powerful creature dragging her down. A moment later, you feel something clutching your own ankle.

"No!" you scream. "No!"

You hear Marcie and Martin screaming and see that rotting hands have grabbed them, too. All four of you are being pulled deeper and deeper into the soft, rotten-smelling ground.

"Help us, Professor Krupnik!" you call. You're up to your neck in the soil. "I got them out of the house! Now save us!"

At first there is no answer. Then you hear an evil-sounding, ghostly chuckle. "Why would I want you to meet in my graveyard any more than in my mansion?" the ghost asks.

You start to protest, but your mouth is filling up with dirt. Too bad, it looks as if you learned a lesson the hard way - never trust a ghost!

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
:siren:Dragged underground by the spirits of the vengeful dead.:siren:

Achievements

Our options posted:

• Join the Red Team.
  • Go to Marcie's house.
  • Run from the voice.
  • Convince them the house is haunted.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Maybe we CAN reason with them.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

It shouldn't be too hard to make the house seem haunted - especially since it is haunted! You turn to the ghost. "I have an idea," you say, "but I need your help."

"You want me to help you?" the ghost booms.

"Yes," you reply and whisper your idea to him.

"All right," the ghost of Professor Krupnik grumbles.

You're very relieved. "Great!" you cry. "And after it works, you'll unbat me."

"We'll see," the ghost mutters. You don't like the sound of that. But you don't have any choice.

You hurry to the mansion. "We've got to leave!" you tell your friends. "This place is haunted by the ghost of Professor Krupnik!"

"Yeah, sure," says Lara. She yawns.

At that moment the front door to the mansion creaks open. The ghost drifts into the room.

"That's a ghost?" asks Martin. "It just looks like an old man."

"OOOOOOOOOOHHHH!" Professor Krupnik moans. "OOOOOOOHHHH!"

"Even if it is a ghost, it doesn't look too scary," Marcie adds. You can't believe it. The Horror Club kids aren't even afraid of a real ghost!

If you try a completely different plan now, go to PAGE 103.

Or if you want to help the ghost scare them away, turn to PAGE 136.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
Dragged underground by the spirits of the vengeful dead.

Achievements

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Given that the other plan didn't work, let's double down.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Man, what did the Horror Club even get up to in their adventures pre-us? We know it's somewhere between "ghosts aren't at all scary" and "zombies are definitely scary", that's a pretty narrow line to draw.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Android Blues posted:

Man, what did the Horror Club even get up to in their adventures pre-us? We know it's somewhere between "ghosts aren't at all scary" and "zombies are definitely scary", that's a pretty narrow line to draw.

I think Professor Krupnik is just really rubbish at being a ghost. He probably looks like an old teacher draped in a bedsheet.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I think we should help professor Krupnik.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

"Please," you beg. "It's important. We've got to stop meeting in the mansion."

"No way," Martin says. "If you don't like it here, go form your own club."

"But-" you start to protest. But at that moment Professor Krupnik's ghostly voice fills the room. "YOU FAILED!" it moans. "NOW I MUST TAKE MATTERS INTO MY OWN HANDS!"

The room suddenly fills with smoke and bright flashes of light. Your friends start to scream.

"Wait-" you cry. But your voice comes out as a high-pitched squeak. In horror, you realize it's too late. You've turned back into a bat. You glance around to see three other bats flying around the living room in panic.

"Help!" Lara squeaks in her bat voice. "What's happened?"

"We've all been turned into bats," you say sadly.

Too bad! You made the wrong choice. But at least you'll have someone to hang around with.

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
Dragged underground by the spirits of the vengeful dead.
:siren:Permanently turned into a bat, along with all our friends.:siren:

Achievements

Our options posted:

• Join the Red Team.
  • Go to Marcie's house.
  • Run from the voice.
  • Switch to a different plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008