Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
In lighter news, while thinking about The Fourth I kind-of wondered how you'd say "fireworks" in German, and I said "feuerwerken" out lout (no idea whether that's even close) but the point is I felt really embarrassed because I immediately thought I sounded like a nazi

thank god I was alone :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

it took me so long to notice the rug moving, I thought the cat had the hiccups, and at first I thought "now it makes sense", but then it didn't make any sense that the cat could spring up like that, cats are magic

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Business Gorillas posted:

Valentia is good but Crystal is better

Valentina has the perfect thickness and flavor to shake chicken wings/chicken tenders in and Crystal cannot come close to being so useful. Plus it's sort of just yet another vinegar heavy hot sauce

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
All stocks appear to be reporting 123.47 so for some it's a huge up and some a huge down. Weird.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Reality Winner posted:

gently caress ya end of the world

i need everyone to hold off on Great Depression II / Weimar hyperinflation for a little while longer if that's ok

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

All stocks appear to be reporting 123.47 so for some it's a huge up and some a huge down. Weird.

123.45 would have been too obvious I suppose

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Penny stocks are back

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

It's 123.456 rounded lol

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Annual Prophet posted:

i need everyone to hold off on Great Depression II / Weimar hyperinflation for a little while longer if that's ok

no dice

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

the original was more amusing???

underneath the $650000 every value shouldve been "not nearly enough"

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

buy buy buy

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
It's not all stocks my Smith and Wesson stock hasnt exploded

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

and that florida man was

((jeb))

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

galenanorth posted:

it took me so long to notice the rug moving, I thought the cat had the hiccups, and at first I thought "now it makes sense", but then it didn't make any sense that the cat could spring up like that, cats are magic

the cat is startled by its shadow.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

oooh those Wasabi Ginger ones, I remember. I didn't realize they weren't in rotation anymore.

Yeah I looked a week or two ago but didn't see them and don't remember seeing them since :(

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Purchase orders aren't going through :(

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

I hear there's a nationwide Chase outage too.

Chase sucks btw

all banks suck

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Chunky Salsa posted:

Kind of existential for a snack, really

if you can't take the heat (of an existential crisis) stay out of the kitchen

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

It's 123.456 rounded lol

lmao. Man they better be loving glad this happened after market close.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Epic High Five posted:

Purchase orders aren't going through :(

oh man it should be like when something in a store has the wrong price listed

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
the russians have hacked the stocks!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

I thought this was fake and had to check

What the gently caress happened?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

stock market (computer) crash 2017 owns

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

It's 123.456 rounded lol

this is undoubtedly cyber

cyber something something

e:f,b

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

Louisgod posted:

Some code pusher is going to have a hell of a postmortem to write before they get fired.

edit: Or alternatively the NYSE backend got 0wned by a high schooler who decided to run UPDATE stocks SET price = '123.4567' on the db.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

emfive posted:

I hear there's a nationwide Chase outage too.

Chase sucks btw

all banks suck

Yeah I was having issues with this earlier today.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Burgin out, burgin out, burgin out you're burgin out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf48aKwxDwI

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

Chunky Salsa posted:

123.45 would have been too obvious I suppose

Epic High Five posted:

It's 123.456 rounded lol

lol goddamn

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Louisgod posted:

somebody outsourced important software to a bad consulting firm

on the bright side, the company probably walked away with a poo poo ton of money, but the lowly (bad) coders got none of it so death to capitalism

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Half days outlawed

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Some code pusher is going to have a hell of a postmortem to write before they get fired.

is this system based off a normal computer or is it the root FORTRAN base network because theres like 2 dudes who know how to work on that and lol if you think they'll spend the money to train a replacement

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUC2EQvdzmY

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

emfive posted:

on the bright side, the company probably walked away with a poo poo ton of money, but the lowly (bad) coders got none of it so death to capitalism

NYSE blue team guys couldn't get them to upgrade from xp/ smb1

either that or an email promising HUGE ERECTIONS came in

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Epic High Five posted:

Valentina has the perfect thickness and flavor to shake chicken wings/chicken tenders in and Crystal cannot come close to being so useful. Plus it's sort of just yet another vinegar heavy hot sauce

Vinegar heavy sauces are perfect for fried seafood, which is also the perfect method of putting hot sauce in your face

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

I don't think there's a lot of money-moving or money-tracking code written in FORTRAN. COBOL maybe, and probably some quant stuff is FORTRAN (partially) because lots of big numerics stuff still relies on antique FORTRAN packages (SAS etc) but not counting pennies.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol jokes on you fools who use banks

lets just say that "buttcoins" ain't no joke

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
aemridakax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

emfive posted:

2017 owns

• Locked thread