Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Man, that was great. The action seems to be a lot better this season! I'm excited to see what they do with Chris this season.

The new dress uniforms with the color coded ties are pretty sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smornstein
Nov 4, 2012
Still hoping crunchyroll will pick this up but the rando subs were passable. At least it's not the literal translation commie gave us for seasons 1 and 2.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Animation looked really nice. Whoo! Symphogears team up with the Globalists to gently caress up South American Nazis.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Can't wait to see the payoff of the running death tally

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Phobophilia posted:

Animation looked really nice. Whoo! Symphogears team up with the Globalists to gently caress up South American Nazis.

(((Yukine Chris)))

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So I'm guessing we'll eventually get these three on board as our next wave of recruits? They're not the heads of their (clearly very evil) organisation, and they were introduced disintegrating the leadership of a murderous dictatorship, so it seems we've got leeway here by Symphogear standards.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

So did no-one ever, like, watch Ver or Ryoko make the drugs they kept injecting people with? I mean, for a while Ver was doing it in jail.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

So I'm guessing we'll eventually get these three on board as our next wave of recruits? They're not the heads of their (clearly very evil) organisation, and they were introduced disintegrating the leadership of a murderous dictatorship, so it seems we've got leeway here by Symphogear standards.
Doubt it. For one thing they're not geahs, for another I don't think anyone else will be joining the crew. They might or might not get redeemed or turn good at some point but I don't think they'll turn into recurring characters like FIS or Elf.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Darth Walrus posted:

IIRC the website backstory snippets for them have them as crazed evil male alchemists who were transmuted into immortal girl bodies or something to allow them to continue their research/service to THE ILLUMINATI, so they don't really have the "emotionally distraught young girl forced by circumstance to do bad things and thus redeemable" flag like Chris, the FIS girls, and Carol.

Plus I think that any more regular cast members would just lead to pacing problems like GX's becoming even more pronounced.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Commie just put out ep 1 if you wanted subs with better typesetting. Not sure if they subbed the songs.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Maria has finally completed her evolution into a soccer mom. She drives an actual van.

Soon she will be showing up ahead of missions with orange slices and bottled water for everyone.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

Commie just put out ep 1 if you wanted subs with better typesetting. Not sure if they subbed the songs.

They did although I'm not sure sure how accurate the 'Eat lightning, poo poo thunder' line was.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I would hazard a guess that it's not at all.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Praise be to memesubs

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Can't wait to go home and reexperience it with a heavy dose of memes

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
[kirika being kirika]

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

[shirabe being shirabe]

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

TFRazorsaw posted:

Maria has finally completed her evolution into a soccer mom. She drives an actual van.

Soon she will be showing up ahead of missions with orange slices and bottled water for everyone.

We can only hope. She's seamlessly moved from fussing over Kirika and Shirabe to fussing over everyone and everything.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kanos posted:

IIRC the website backstory snippets for them have them as crazed evil male alchemists who were transmuted into immortal girl bodies or something to allow them to continue their research/service to THE ILLUMINATI, so they don't really have the "emotionally distraught young girl forced by circumstance to do bad things and thus redeemable" flag like Chris, the FIS girls, and Carol.

Plus I think that any more regular cast members would just lead to pacing problems like GX's becoming even more pronounced.

Only two of them are Male. Germain appears to have always been a girl in this world.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

their bios say that these are 'their ideal bodies' so it's possible prelati and cags always wanted to be pretty ladies and germain just alchemy reassignment surgery'd them

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Eela6 posted:

We can only hope. She's seamlessly moved from fussing over Kirika and Shirabe to fussing over everyone and everything.

"Chris, have you been eating right? Kirika and Shirabe tell me all they ever see you eat is carbs and junk food."

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

their bios say that these are 'their ideal bodies' so it's possible prelati and cags always wanted to be pretty ladies and germain just alchemy reassignment surgery'd them

my favorite is how the bios basically say they were both near-irredeemable crooks as dudes, but they changed completely after having their wishes granted. makes u think

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Space Flower posted:

my favorite is how the bios basically say they were both near-irredeemable crooks as dudes, but they changed completely after having their wishes granted. makes u think

I mean they're still international terrorists.

Not that that hung over FIS too bad, just, y'know, sayin'.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

TFRazorsaw posted:

"Chris, have you been eating right? Kirika and Shirabe tell me all they ever see you eat is carbs and junk food."

I just saw the S2 OVA
:allears:

I actually really liked Maria this episode. She's a lot more fun when she's not locked in the same pity party over and over.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

A bit rude to criticize Aunt Chris when she left the kids with her to go off stalking Tsubasa.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

A bit rude to criticize Aunt Chris when she left the kids with her to go off stalking Tsubasa.

It's not Maria's fault she got drafted into the Secret Service as her community service for being a terrorist.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Maria mommed Tsubasa in GX, so their overall status in the group doesn't protect her from her mom-ness.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

She also mommed Elfnein. Maria is constantly a Mom.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 4, 2017

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
One unusual detail - Cagliostro is voiced by a guy, Shouta Aoi.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
he's badass, he used to have a complex about having a really effeminate voice but recently he's apparently come to be pretty cool with it. before this, he actually voiced a lady in shingeki no bahamut

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I thought she sounded really unusual, neat

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I thought she was supposed to have a lisp or something, but that's cool.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
he and Rina Hidaka + Minako Kotobuki harmonize really, really well.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Speaking of singing - is it safe to say that Aoi Yuuki's grown into an unironically good singer now? She was pretty rough in the first season and G, but I really really like what I heard of her in episode 1.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Spiritus Nox posted:

Speaking of singing - is it safe to say that Aoi Yuuki's grown into an unironically good singer now? She was pretty rough in the first season and G, but I really really like what I heard of her in episode 1.

I really liked her first season and G songs, but she's definitely matured. It's not surprising, since her vocal range is pretty incredible.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

he and Rina Hidaka + Minako Kotobuki harmonize really, really well.

I gotta say I am loving that Minako Kotobuki gets to sing here. The character CD announcement that was only the six main Gear users getting releases caused me to worry a little, but I'm glad that there's at least the baddies' song. She's got a good amount of power to her voice and to have her in this series without letting her sing would've been a huge waste.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Colonel posted:

he's badass, he used to have a complex about having a really effeminate voice but recently he's apparently come to be pretty cool with it. before this, he actually voiced a lady in shingeki no bahamut

That is apparently also his natural speaking voice.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Before we had any hint of what the staff wanted to do with AXZ this month, right when the Illuminati were announced with voices and no context as to how important they were, I read "Rina Hidaka", oddly remembered she voiced a character who sings in Star Driver and went "yup, they're going to make these bad guys sing."

Star Driver owned. Symphogear owns.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I can't stop watching ep 1. Help.

Also hyped for the new trio to get a full song.

TOO HYPE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kylra posted:

I can't stop watching ep 1. Help.

Also hyped for the new trio to get a full song.

TOO HYPE

I started rewatching the series as a result, and boy howdy I forgot how much of a creeper Ryouko was to Hibiki as well. And the part where Genjurou defeats Tsubasa's largest sword with one punch.

• Locked thread